Federal Reserve Independence: Reality or Myth?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:ucp:bkecon:9780226519999 is not listed on IDEAS
- Issing, Otmar, 2012. "Central banks: Paradise lost," CFS Working Paper Series 2012/06, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Charles T Carlstrom & Timothy S Fuerst, 2009. "Central Bank Independence And Inflation: A Note," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 47(1), pages 182-186, January.
- Cukierman, Alex & Webb, Steven B & Neyapti, Bilin, 1992. "Measuring the Independence of Central Banks and Its Effect on Policy Outcomes," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 6(3), pages 353-398, September.
- Oatley, Thomas, 1999. "Central Bank Independence and Inflation: Corporatism, Partisanship, and Alternative Indices of Central Bank Independence," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 98(3-4), pages 399-413, March.
- Alex Cukierman, 1992.
"Central Bank Strategy, Credibility, and Independence: Theory and Evidence,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 1, volume 1, number 0262031981, January.
- Cukierman Alex, 1992. "Central Bank Strategy, Credibility, And Independance: Theory And Evidence," Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines, De Gruyter, vol. 3(4), pages 1-10, December.
- Marta Campillo & Jeffrey A. Miron, 1997. "Why Does Inflation Differ across Countries?," NBER Chapters,in: Reducing Inflation: Motivation and Strategy, pages 335-362 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Milton Friedman, 1961. "The Lag in Effect of Monetary Policy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69, pages 447-447.
- Otmar Issing, 2012. "Central Banks - Paradise Lost," IMES Discussion Paper Series 12-E-10, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
- Alesina, Alberto & Summers, Lawrence H, 1993. "Central Bank Independence and Macroeconomic Performance: Some Comparative Evidence," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 25(2), pages 151-162, May.
- Marvin Goodfriend, 2012.
"The Elusive Promise of Independent Central Banking,"
Monetary and Economic Studies,
Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 30, pages 39-54, November.
- Marvin Goodfriend, 2012. "The Elusive Promise of Independent Central Banking," IMES Discussion Paper Series 12-E-09, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
- Milton Friedman & Anna J. Schwartz, 1963. "A Monetary History of the United States, 1867–1960," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie63-1, April.
- Hiroshi Fujiki, 1996. "Central Bank Independence Indexes in Economic Analysis: A Reappraisal," Monetary and Economic Studies, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 14(2), pages 79-101, December.
- Otmar Issing, 2012. "The Mayekawa Lecture: Central Banks-Paradise Lost," Monetary and Economic Studies, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 30, pages 55-74, November.
- Jeffrey M. Lacker, 2012. "Understanding the Interventionist Impulse of the Modern Central Bank," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 32(2), pages 247-253, Spring/Su.
- G. J. Santoni, 1986. "The Employment Act of 1946: some history notes," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 5-16.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- George C. Bitros, 2015. "Thinking Ahead of the Next Big Crash," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 35(1), pages 67-93, Winter.
- Rep. Gerald P. O'Driscoll Jr., 2014. "Prospects for Fundamental Monetary Reform," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 34(2), pages 395-405, Spring/Su.
- Lawrence H. White, 2015. "The Federal Reserve System's Overreach into Credit Allocation," Journal of Private Enterprise, The Association of Private Enterprise Education, vol. 30(Winter 20), pages 17-29.
- Alexander Salter, 2014. "Is there a self-enforcing monetary constitution?," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 280-300, September.
- repec:kap:revaec:v:30:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s11138-017-0375-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gerald P. O'Driscoll Jr., 2015. "A Private Committee for Monetary Reform: Process and Substance," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 35(2), pages 331-345, Spring/Su.
- Jerry L. Jordan, 2014. "A Century of Central Banking: What Have We Learned?," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 34(2), pages 213-227, Spring/Su.
- George Selgin, 2014. "Operation Twist-the-Truth: How the Federal Reserve Misrepresents Its History and Performance," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 34(2), pages 229-263, Spring/Su.
More about this item
- R00 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General - - - General
- Z0 - Other Special Topics - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cto:journl:v:33:y:2013:i:3:p:417-435. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Emily Ekins). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/catoous.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.