Central Bank Independence and Inflation: Corporatism, Partisanship, and Alternative Indices of Central Bank Independence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vaubel, Roland, 1999. "The Future of the Euro : A Public Choice Perspective," Discussion Papers 570, Institut fuer Volkswirtschaftslehre und Statistik, Abteilung fuer Volkswirtschaftslehre.
- Potrafke, Niklas, 2017.
"Partisan politics: The empirical evidence from OECD panel studies,"
Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(4), pages 712-750.
- Niklas Potrafke, 2016. "Partisan Politics: The Empirical Evidence from OECD Panel Studies," CESifo Working Paper Series 6024, CESifo.
- Alesina, Alberto & Stella, Andrea, 2010.
"The Politics of Monetary Policy,"
Handbook of Monetary Economics, in: Benjamin M. Friedman & Michael Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Monetary Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 18, pages 1001-1054,
- Alberto F. Alesina & Andrea Stella, 2010. "The Politics of Monetary Policy," NBER Working Papers 15856, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alesina, Alberto Francesco, 2008. "Comments on "When Do Policy Reforms Work?' by Daron Acemoglu et al," Scholarly Articles 12553722, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Thomas F. Cargill & Gerald P. O'Driscoll Jr., 2013. "Federal Reserve Independence: Reality or Myth?," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 33(3), pages 417-435, Fall.
- Jean-François Segalotto & Mr. Marco Arnone & Mr. Bernard J Laurens, 2006. "The Measurement of Central Bank Autonomy: Survey of Models, Indicators, and Empirical Evidence," IMF Working Papers 2006/227, International Monetary Fund.
- Ghosh, Saibal, 2017. "Does central bank governors term in office matter for macroprudential policies? Evidence from MENA banks," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 34-51.
- Berlemann, Michael & Hielscher, Kai, 2011. "A Time-varying Indicator of Effective Monetary Policy Conservatism," Working Paper 112/2011, Helmut Schmidt University, Hamburg.
- Pavel Trunin & Kniazev Dmitriy & Satdarov Alexandr, 2010.
"Analysis of independence of the central banks of the Russian Federation, the CIS and East European countries,"
Research Paper Series, Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy, issue 133P.
- Trunin, Pavel & Knyazev, Dmitriy & Satdarov, Aleksander, 2010. "Анализ Независимости Центральных Банков Рф, Стран Снг И Восточной Европы [Analysis of independence of the central banks of the Russian Federation, the CIS and East European countries]," MPRA Paper 33595, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daron Acemoglu & Simon Johnson & Pablo Querubin & James A. Robinson, 2008.
"When Does Policy Reform Work? The Case of Central Bank Independence,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 39(1 (Spring), pages 351-429.
- Daron Acemoglu & Simon Johnson & Pablo Querubin & James A. Robinson, 2008. "When Does Policy Reform Work? The Case of Central Bank Independence," NBER Working Papers 14033, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Berlemann & Kai Hielscher, 2016. "Measuring Effective Monetary Policy Conservatism of Central Banks: A Dynamic Approach," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 17(1), pages 105-132, May.
- Baumann Philipp F. M. & Schomaker Michael & Rossi Enzo, 2021.
"Estimating the effect of central bank independence on inflation using longitudinal targeted maximum likelihood estimation,"
Journal of Causal Inference, De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 109-146, January.
- Philipp F. M. Baumann & Michael Schomaker & Enzo Rossi, 2020. "Estimating the Effect of Central Bank Independence on Inflation Using Longitudinal Targeted Maximum Likelihood Estimation," Papers 2003.02208, arXiv.org, revised May 2021.
- Jamus Jerome Lim, 2021. "The limits of central bank independence for inflation performance," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 186(3), pages 309-335, March.
- Jeroen Klomp & Jakob De Haan, 2010. "Inflation And Central Bank Independence: A Meta‐Regression Analysis," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(4), pages 593-621, September.
- Davide Romelli, 2018. "The political economy of reforms in central bank design: evidence from a new dataset," Trinity Economics Papers tep0918, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Down Ian, 2009. "Central Bank Independence, Disinflations and Monetary Policy," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 10(3), pages 1-22, January.
- Marco Arnone & Bernard J Laurens & Jean-François Segalotto & Martin Sommer, 2009.
"Central Bank Autonomy: Lessons from Global Trends,"
IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 56(2), pages 263-296, June.
- Jean-François Segalotto & Mr. Martin Sommer & Mr. Marco Arnone & Mr. Bernard J Laurens, 2007. "Central Bank Autonomy: Lessons from Global Trends," IMF Working Papers 2007/088, International Monetary Fund.
- C Katseli & A Theofilakou & K Zekente, 2020.
"Central Bank Independence and Inflation Preferences: New Empirical Evidence on the Effects of Inflation,"
Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 25(1), pages 1-29, March.
- Louka T. Katseli & Anastasia Theofilakou & Kalliopi-Maria Zekente, 2019. "Central bank independence and inflation preferences: new empirical evidence on the effects on inflation," Working Papers 265, Bank of Greece.
- Cargill, Thomas, 2016. "The Myth of Central Bank Independence," Working Papers 06813, George Mason University, Mercatus Center.
- D. Masciandaro, 2019. "What Bird Is That? Central Banking And Monetary Policy In The Last Forty Years," BAFFI CAREFIN Working Papers 19127, BAFFI CAREFIN, Centre for Applied Research on International Markets Banking Finance and Regulation, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Nicola Acocella & Giovanni Di Bartolomeo, 2001.
"Partisanship and fiscal policy co-ordination in a monetary union,"
0106003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- ACOCELLA, Nicola & DI BARTOLOMEO, Giovanni, 2001. "Partisanship and fiscal policy co-ordination in a monetary union," Working Papers 2001013, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- Donato Masciandaro & Davide Romelli, 2018. "Beyond the Central Bank Independence Veil: New Evidence," BAFFI CAREFIN Working Papers 1871, BAFFI CAREFIN, Centre for Applied Research on International Markets Banking Finance and Regulation, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Jane Bogoev & Goran Petrevski & Bruno S. Sergi, 2012. "Investigating the Link Between Central Bank Independence and Inflation in Central and Eastern Europe," Eastern European Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(4), pages 78-96, July.
- Goran Petrevski & Jane Bogoev & Bruno Sergi, 2012. "The link between central bank independence and inflation in Central and Eastern Europe: are the results sensitive to endogeneity issue omitted dynamics and subjectivity bias?," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(4), pages 611-652.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:pubcho:v:98:y:1999:i:3-4:p:399-413. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.