Why Does Inflation Differ across Countries?
In: Reducing Inflation: Motivation and Strategy
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Vittorio Grilli & Gian Maria Milesi-Ferretti, 1995.
"Economic Effects and Structural Determinants of Capital Controls,"
IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 42(3), pages 517-551, September.
- Mr. Gian M Milesi-Ferretti & Mr. Vittorio Grilli, 1995. "Economic Effects and Structural Determinants of Capital Controls," IMF Working Papers 1995/031, International Monetary Fund.
- Robert J. Barro, 1991.
"Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(2), pages 407-443.
- Robert J. Barro, 1989. "Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries," NBER Working Papers 3120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, R.J., 1989. "Economic Growth In A Cross Section Of Countries," RCER Working Papers 201, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- David Romer, 1993.
"Openness and Inflation: Theory and Evidence,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(4), pages 869-903.
- Adam S. Posen, 1995. "Declarations Are Not Enough: Financial Sector Sources of Central Bank Independence," NBER Chapters, in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1995, Volume 10, pages 253-274, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cukierman, Alex & Edwards, Sebastian & Tabellini, Guido, 1992. "Seigniorage and Political Instability," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(3), pages 537-555, June.
- Robert Summers & Alan Heston, 1988. "A New Set Of International Comparisons Of Real Product And Price Levels Estimates For 130 Countries, 1950–1985," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 34(1), pages 1-25, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Brumm, Harold J, 2000. "Inflation and Central Bank Independence: Conventional Wisdom Redux," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 32(4), pages 807-819, November.
- Haan, Jakob de & Kooi, Willem J., 2000. "Does central bank independence really matter?: New evidence for developing countries using a new indicator," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 643-664, April.
- Philipp F. M. Baumann & Enzo Rossi & Alexander Volkmann, 2020.
"What Drives Inflation and How: Evidence from Additive Mixed Models Selected by cAIC,"
2006.06274, arXiv.org, revised Aug 2021.
- Philipp F. M. Baumann & Enzo Rossi & Alexander Volkmann, 2021. "What drives inflation and how? Evidence from additive mixed models selected by cAIC," Working Papers 2021-12, Swiss National Bank.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1995. "Trade Policy, Exchange Rates, and Growth," NBER Chapters, in: Reform, Recovery, and Growth: Latin America and the Middle East, pages 13-52, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- FA Al‐Marhubi, 2000. "Income inequality and inflation: the cross‐country evidence," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(4), pages 428-439, October.
- Alesina, Alberto & Özler, Sule & Roubini, Nouriel & Swagel, Phillip, 1996.
"Political Instability and Economic Growth,"
Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 189-211, June.
- Alberto Alesina & Sule Ozler & Nouriel Roubini & Phillip Swagel, 1992. "Political Instability and Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 4173, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roubini, Nouriel & Swagel, Phillip & Ozler, Sule & Alesina, Alberto, 1996. "Political Instability and Economic Growth," Scholarly Articles 4553024, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- De Gregorio, Jose, 1993. "Inflation, taxation, and long-run growth," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 271-298, June.
- César Calderón & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel, 2010. "What Drives Inflation in the World?," RBA Annual Conference Volume (Discontinued), in: Renée Fry & Callum Jones & Christopher Kent (ed.),Inflation in an Era of Relative Price Shocks, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Kenneth Scheve, 2003. "Public demand for low inflation," Bank of England working papers 172, Bank of England.
- Salahodjaev, Raufhon & Chepel, Sergey, 2014. "Institutional Quality and Inflation," MPRA Paper 55272, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Giordano, Raffaela, 2001. "Wage bargaining and inflation," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(4), pages 359-387, December.
- William C. Gruben & Darryl McLeod, 2001.
"Capital account liberalization and disinflation in the 1990s,"
Center for Latin America Working Papers
0101, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- William C. Gruben & Darryl McLeod, 2001. "Capital account liberalization and disinflation in the 1990s," Working Papers 0104, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Dreher, Axel & Sturm, Jan-Egbert & Haan, Jakob de, 2010. "When is a central bank governor replaced? Evidence based on a new data set," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 766-781, September.
- van de Klundert, T.C.M.J. & Smulders, J.A., 1991.
"Reconstructing growth theory : A survey,"
Other publications TiSEM
19355c51-17eb-4d5d-aa66-b, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- van de Klundert, T.C.M.J. & Smulders, J.A., 1993. "Reconstructing growth theory : A survey," Other publications TiSEM ed4275fb-b14f-4175-a63f-6, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Smulders, J.A. & van de Klundert, T.C.M.J., 1992. "Reconstructing growth theory : A survey," Other publications TiSEM 0f3091a3-a914-470c-8a90-2, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Van de Klundert, T. & Smulders, S., 1991. "Recontructing Growth Theory : A Survey," Papers 9146, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- van de Klundert, T.C.M.J. & Smulders, J.A., 1991. "Reconstructing growth theory : A survey," Discussion Paper 1991-46, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Glick, Reuven & Hutchison, Michael, 2005.
"Capital controls and exchange rate instability in developing economies,"
Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 387-412, April.
- Reuven Glick & Michael M. Hutchison, 2002. "Capital controls and exchange rate instability in developing economies," Pacific Basin Working Paper Series 2000-05, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Berlemann, Michael & Hielscher, Kai, 2009. "Measuring Effective Monetary Policy Conservatism," Working Paper 89/2009, Helmut Schmidt University, Hamburg.
- Steven Durlauf, 2002. "Policy Evaluation and Empirical Growth Research," Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series, in: Norman Loayza & Raimundo Soto & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (Series Editor) (ed.),Economic Growth: Sources, Trends, and Cycles, edition 1, volume 6, chapter 6, pages 163-190, Central Bank of Chile.
- Adriana Arreaza Coll & Luis Enrique Pedauga, 2007.
"Instituciones, estructura económica y política económica: ¿qué hay detrás de la inflación en América Latina?,"
Monetaria, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, CEMLA, vol. 0(1), pages 7-48, enero-mar.
- Adriana Arreaza-Coll & Luis Enrique Pedauga, 2007. "Institutions, Economic Structure and Economic Policy: What Lies Beneath Inflation in Latin America?," EcoMod2007 23900004, EcoMod.
- Park, H. & Borde, S. F. & Choi, Y., 2002. "Determinants of insurance pervasiveness: a cross-national analysis," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 79-96, February.
- Demir, Firat, 2006. "Volatility of short term capital flows and socio-political instability in Argentina, Mexico and Turkey," MPRA Paper 1943, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:8889. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.