Does China Still Have a Labor Cost Advantage?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Tatom John A, 2007.
"The US-China Currency Dispute: Is a Rise in the Yuan Necessary, Inevitable or Desirable?,"
Global Economy Journal,
De Gruyter, vol. 7(3), pages 1-15, October.
- John A. Tatom, 2007. "China Currency Dispute: Is a Rise in the Yuan Necessary, Inevitable or Desirable?," NFI Working Papers 2007-WP-24, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
- Dennis Tao Yang & Vivian Weijia Chen & Ryan Monarch, 2010.
"Rising Wages: Has China Lost Its Global Labor Advantage?,"
Pacific Economic Review,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(4), pages 482-504, October.
- Dennis Tao Yang & Vivian Chen & Ryan Monarch, 2009. "Rising Wages: Has China Lost Its Global Labor Advantage?," Economics Program Working Papers 09-03, The Conference Board, Economics Program.
- Yang, Dennis T. & Chen, Vivian & Monarch, Ryan, 2010. "Rising Wages: Has China Lost Its Global Labor Advantage?," IZA Discussion Papers 5008, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Susan Ariel Aaronson, 2010. "How China's Employment Problems Became Trade Problems: China, Labour Law, and the Rule of Law," Working Papers 2010-11, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Michiel VAN Dijk, 2003.
"South African Manufacturing Performance In International Perspective 1970–1999,"
South African Journal of Economics,
Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 71(1), pages 119-142, March.
- Dijk, Michiel van, 2002. "South African manufacturing performance in international perspective, 1970-1999," GGDC Research Memorandum 200258, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- Szirmai, Adam & Ren, Ruoen & Bai, Manyin, 2005.
"Chinese Manufacturing Performance in Comparative Perspective, 1980-2002,"
Center Discussion Papers
28525, Yale University, Economic Growth Center.
- Adam Szirmai & Ruoen Ren & Manyin Bai, 2005. "Chinese Manufacturing Performance in Comparative Perspective, 1980-2002," Working Papers 920, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Rawski, Thomas G. & Xiao, Wei, 2001. "Roundtable on Chinese Economic Statistics Introduction," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 298-302.
- Stephen S. Golub & Ronald W. Jones & Henryk Kierzkowski, 2007.
"Globalization and Country-Specific Service Links,"
Journal of Economic Policy Reform,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 63-88.
- Aaronson Susan, 2010. "How China's Employment Problems Became Trade Problems," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 10(3), pages 1-32, October.
- Bart van Ark & Abdul Azeez Erumban & Vivian Chen & Utsav Kumar, 2009. "the Cost Competitiveness of the Manufacturing Sector in China and India: An Industry and Regional Perspective," Economics Program Working Papers 09-02, The Conference Board, Economics Program.
- van Ark, Bart, 1998. "Productivity," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 171-174, June.
- Nanno Mulder & Sylvie Montout & Luis Peres, 2002. "Brazil and Mexico's Manufacturing Performance in International Perspective, 1970-1999," Working Papers 2002-05, CEPII research center.
- Immaculada Martínez-Zarzoso & Felicitas Nowak-Lehmann D. & Sebastian Vollmer, 2007. "Competitiveness – A Comparison of China and Mexico," CESifo Working Paper Series 2111, CESifo Group Munich.
- Edwards, Lawrence & Golub, Stephen S., 2004. "South Africa's International Cost Competitiveness and Exports in Manufacturing," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1323-1339, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wang, Ping & Kinnucan, Henry W. & Duffy, Patricia A., 2017. "Effects of China's Rising Labor Costs on the World Cotton Market," 2017 Annual Meeting, July 30-August 1, Chicago, Illinois 258431, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Michal Mlody, 2016. "Reshoring Trend and CEE: An Assessment of Possible Scenarios on the Example of Poland," Management, University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 11(1), pages 29-50.
- Meixing Dai, 2013.
"In search of an optimal strategy for yuan’s real revaluation,"
Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(1), pages 29-46, February.
- Dai, Meixing, 2012. "In Search of an Optimal Strategy for Yuan’s Real Revaluation," MPRA Paper 41047, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Douglas L. Campbell, 2014.
"Through the Looking Glass: A WARPed View of Real Exchange Rate History,"
w0210, New Economic School (NES).
- Campbell, Douglas L & Pyun, Ju Hyun, 2014. "Through the Looking Glass: A WARPed View of Real Exchange Rate History," MPRA Paper 55870, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Douglas L. Campbell, 2014. "Through the Looking Glass: A WARPed View of Real Exchange Rate History," Working Papers w0210, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Carsten A Holz & Aaron Mehrotra, 2013.
"Wage and price dynamics in a large emerging economy: The case of China,"
BIS Working Papers
409, Bank for International Settlements.
- Holz, Carsten A. & Mehrotra, Aaron, 2014. "Wage and price dynamics in a large emerging economy: : The case of China," BOFIT Discussion Papers 3/2014, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Campbell, Douglas L., 2016.
"Measurement matters: Productivity-adjusted weighted average relative price indices,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 45-81.
- Douglas L. Campbell, 2015. "Measurement Matters: Productivity-Adjusted Weighted Average Relative Price Indices," Working Papers w0216, New Economic School (NES).
- Douglas L. Campbell, 2015. "Measurement Matters: Productivity-Adjusted Weighted Average Relative Price Indices," Working Papers w0216, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- repec:bla:coecpo:v:37:y:2019:i:2:p:389-406 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stephen Golub & Aly Mbaye & Hanyu Chwe, 2015. "Labor Market Regulations in Sub-Saharan Africa, With a Focus on Senegal," Working Papers 201505, University of Cape Town, Development Policy Research Unit.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:118:y:2019:i:c:p:39-51 is not listed on IDEAS
- Keiko Ito & Junko Shimizu, 2015.
"Industry-Level Competitiveness, Productivity and Effective Exchange Rates in East Asia,"
Asian Economic Journal,
East Asian Economic Association, vol. 29(2), pages 181-214, June.
- ITO Keiko & SHIMIZU Junko, 2013. "Industry-Level Competitiveness, Productivity, and Effective Exchange Rates in East Asia," Discussion papers 13094, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Van Assche, Ari & Van Biesebroeck, Johannes, 2018.
"Functional upgrading in China's export processing sector,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 245-262.
- Ari Van Assche & Jo Van Biesebroeck, 2017. "Functional upgrading in China’s export processing sector," Working Papers Department of Economics 590692, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Van Assche, Ari & Van Biesebroeck, Johannes, 2017. "Functional Upgrading in China's Export Processing Sector," CEPR Discussion Papers 11967, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:bla:apacel:v:32:y:2018:i:1:p:59-76 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jecomi:v:5:y:2017:i:4:p:45-:d:119541 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aurélien Saussay & Misato Sato, 2018. "The impacts of energy prices on industrial foreign investment location: evidence from global firm level data," Working Papers 2018.21, FAERE - French Association of Environmental and Resource Economists.
- Hideyuki Mizobuchi, 2015. "Measuring the comprehensive wage effect of changes in unit labor cost," Journal of Economic Structures, Springer;Pan-Pacific Association of Input-Output Studies (PAPAIOS), vol. 4(1), pages 1-12, December.
- Broich, T. & Szirmai, A., 2014. "China's economic embrace of Africa: An international comparative perspective," MERIT Working Papers 049, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
More about this item
- F02 - International Economics - - General - - - International Economic Order and Integration
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F16 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Labor Market Interactions
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- J30 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bpj:glecon:v:12:y:2012:i:3:n:6. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla). General contact details of provider: https://www.degruyter.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.