The Foreign Exchange Origins of Japan's Economic Slump and Low Interest Liquidity Trap
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Ronald McKinnon & Kenichi Ohno, 2000. "The Foreign Exchange Orgins of Japan's Economic Slump and Low Interest Liquidity Trap," Working Papers 00010, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Ronald McKinnon & Kenichi Ohno, 2000. "The Foreign Exchange Origins of Japan's Economic Slump and Low Interest Liquidity Trap," Working Papers 052000, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Simon Wren-Lewis & Rebecca Driver, 1998. "Real Exchange Rates for the Year 2000," Peterson Institute Press: Policy Analyses in International Economics, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa54, October.
- Thomas F. Cargill & Michael M. Hutchison & Takatoshi Ito, 1997. "The Political Economy of Japanese Monetary Policy," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262032473, January.
- Kathryn Dominguez & Jeffrey A. Frankel, 1990. "Does Foreign Exchange Intervention Work?," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 16.
- Adam S. Posen, 1998. "Restoring Japan's Economic Growth," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 35.
- Bernanke, Ben & Gertler, Mark, 1989. "Agency Costs, Net Worth, and Business Fluctuations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(1), pages 14-31, March.
- Ronald I. McKinnon, 1996. "The Rules of the Game: International Money and Exchange Rates," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262133180, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Xinhua He & Duo Qin & Yimeng Liu, 2012.
"Exchange rate misalignments: a comparison of China today against recent historical experiences of Japan, Germany, Singapore and Taiwan,"
Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 247-266, May.
- He, Xinhua & Qin, Duo & Liu, Yimeng, 2011. "Exchange rate misalignments : A comparison of China today against recent historical experiences of Japan, Germany, Singapore and Taiwan," BOFIT Discussion Papers 22/2011, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Kenji Nishizaki & Toshitaka Sekine & Yoichi Ueno, 2014.
"Chronic Deflation in Japan,"
Asian Economic Policy Review,
Japan Center for Economic Research, vol. 9(1), pages 20-39, January.
- Taiji Harashima, 2004. "A More Realistic Endogenous Time Preference Model and the Slump in Japan," Macroeconomics 0402015, EconWPA, revised 09 Feb 2004.
- Qin, Duo & He, Xinhua, 2013.
"Globalisation effect on inflation in the Great Moderation era: New evidence from G10 countries,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal,
Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 7, pages 1-32.
- Qin, Duo & He, Xinhua, 2011. "Globalisation effect on inflation in the great moderation era: new evidence from G10 countries," MPRA Paper 32994, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Qin, Duo & He, Xinhua, 2012. "Globalisation effect on inflation in the great moderation era: New evidence from G10 countries," Economics Discussion Papers 2012-56, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Ronald McKinnon & Gunther Schnabl, 2003.
"Synchronised Business Cycles in East Asia and Fluctuations in the Yen/Dollar Exchange Rate,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(8), pages 1067-1088, August.
- Ronald McKinnon & Gunther Schnabl, 2003. "Synchronized Business Cycles in East Asia and Fluctuations in the Yen/Dollar Exchange Rate," Working Papers 022003, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Rishi Goyal & Ronald McKinnon, 2002. "Japan's Negative Risk Premium in Interest Rates: The Liquidity Trap and Fall in Bank Lending," Working Papers 02006, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Salah A. Nusair & Khalid M. Kisswani, 2015. "Asian Real Exchange Rates And Oil Prices: A Cointegration Analysis Under Structural Breaks," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(S1), pages 1-25, December.
- Lynn Elaine Browne, 2001. "Does Japan offer any lessons for the United States?," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, pages 3-18.
- C.A. Ullersma, 2001. "The Zero Lower Bound on Nominal Interest Rates and Monetary Policy Effectiveness: a Survey," MEB Series (discontinued) 2001-9, Netherlands Central Bank, Monetary and Economic Policy Department.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:worlde:v:24:y:2001:i:3:p:279-315. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0378-5920 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.