Monetary Policy under Zero Inflation: A Response to Criticisms and Questions Regarding Monetary Policy
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mackowiak, Bartosz, 2006. "What does the Bank of Japan do to East Asia?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 253-270, September.
- Itoh, Motoshige & Shimoi, Naoki, 2000. "On the Role of Monetary Policy in a Deflationary Economy: The Case of Japan," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 238-260, December.
- Baltensperger, Ernst & Fischer, Andreas M. & Jordan, Thomas J., 2007. "Strong goal independence and inflation targets," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 88-105, March.
- Morana, Claudio, 2004. "The Japanese stagnation: an assessment of the productivity slowdown hypothesis," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 193-211, April.
- Orphanides, Athanasios & Wieland, Volker, 2000.
"Efficient Monetary Policy Design near Price Stability,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 327-365, December.
- Athanasios Orphanides & Volker W. Wieland, 1999. "Efficient monetary policy design near price stability," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1999-67, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Ronald McKinnon & Gunther Schnabl, 2002. "Synchronized Business Cycles in East Asia: Fluctuations in the Yen/Dollar Exchange Rate and China’s Stabilizing Role," Working Papers 02010, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- C.A. Ullersma, 2001. "The Zero Lower Bound on Nominal Interest Rates and Monetary Policy Effectiveness: a Survey," MEB Series (discontinued) 2001-9, Netherlands Central Bank, Monetary and Economic Policy Department.
- Dieter Gerdesmeier & Francesco Paolo Mongelli & Barbara Roffia, 2007. "The Eurosystem, the U.S. Federal Reserve, and the Bank of Japan: Similarities and Differences," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 39(7), pages 1785-1819, October.
- Ronald McKinnon & Gunther Schnabl, 2003.
"Synchronised Business Cycles in East Asia and Fluctuations in the Yen/Dollar Exchange Rate,"
The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(8), pages 1067-1088, August.
- Ronald McKinnon & Gunther Schnabl, 2003. "Synchronized Business Cycles in East Asia and Fluctuations in the Yen/Dollar Exchange Rate," Working Papers 022003, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Gern, Klaus-Jürgen & Gottschalk, Jan & Kamps, Christophe & Sander, Birgit & Scheide, Joachim & Schlie, Markus & Strauß, Hubert, 1999. "Spürbare Belebung der Weltwirtschaft," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 2317, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Motoshige Itoh & Naoki Shimoi, 2000. "On the role of monetary policy in a deflationary economy: The case of Japan," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-90, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Cargill, Thomas F. & Parker, Elliott, 2004. "Price deflation, money demand, and monetary policy discontinuity: a comparative view of Japan, China, and the United States," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 125-147, March.
- Clouse James & Henderson Dale & Orphanides Athanasios & Small David H. & Tinsley P.A., 2003.
"Monetary Policy When the Nominal Short-Term Interest Rate is Zero,"
The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 3(1), pages 1-65, September.
- James A. Clouse & Dale W. Henderson & Athanasios Orphanides & David H. Small & Peter A. Tinsley, 2000. "Monetary policy when the nominal short-term interest rate is zero," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2000-51, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Gern, Klaus-Jürgen & Sander, Birgit & Scheide, Joachim & Schlie, Markus & Strauß, Hubert, 1999. "Expansion der Weltwirtschaft bleibt moderat," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 2346, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Orphanides, Athanasios, 2004.
"Monetary policy in deflation: the liquidity trap in history and practice,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 101-124, March.
- Athanasios Orphanides, 2004. "Monetary policy in deflation: the liquidity trap in history and practice," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2004-01, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- HORI Masahiro & TANABE Tomoyuki & YAMANE Makoto & AOKI Daiju, 2002. "Monetary Policy and the Liquidity Trap(in Japanese)," ESRI Discussion paper series 023, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Singleton,John, 2010. "Central Banking in the Twentieth Century," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521899093, December.
- Kuttner, Kenneth-N, 2004. "Comments on "Price Stability and Japanese Monetary Policy."," Monetary and Economic Studies, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 22(3), pages 37-46, October.
More about this item
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ime:imemes:v:17:y:1999:i:3:p:157-182. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kinken). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imegvjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.