Real Estate Prices During the Roaring Twenties and the Great Depression
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 41 (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 (06)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (812) 855-7794
Fax: (812) 855-8679
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1080-8620Email:
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/subs.asp?ref=1080-8620|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jason Barr, 2007.
"Skyscrapers and the Skyline: Manhattan, 1895-2004,"
Working Papers Rutgers University, Newark
2007-002, Department of Economics, Rutgers University, Newark.
- Karl E. Case, 1991. "The real estate cycle and the economy: consequences of the Massachusetts boom of 1984-87," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Sep, pages 37-46.
- Monika Piazzesi & Martin Schneider & Selale Tuzel, 2004.
"Housing, Consumption and Asset Pricing,"
2004 Meeting Papers
357c, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Edward L. Glaeser, 2005. "Urban Colossus: Why is New York America's Largest City?," NBER Working Papers 11398, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John M. Clapp & Carmelo Giaccotto & Dogan Tirtiroglu, 1991. "Housing Price Indices Based on All Transactions Compared to Repeat Subsamples," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 19(3), pages 270-285.
- Giglio, Stefano & Pathak, Parag & Campbell, John Y., 2011.
"Forced Sales and House Prices,"
9887623, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Richard V. Butler, 1982. "The Specification of Hedonic Indexes for Urban Housing," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 58(1), pages 96-108.
- Edward L. Glaeser, 2005. "Urban colossus: why is New York America's largest city?," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Dec, pages 7-24.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Joseph Gyourko & Albert Saiz, 2008.
"Housing Supply and Housing Bubbles,"
NBER Working Papers
14193, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Atack, Jeremy & Margo, Robert A, 1998. ""Location, Location, Location!" The Price Gradient for Vacant Urban Land: New York, 1835 to 1900," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 151-72, March.
- Case, Bradford & Quigley, John M, 1991. "The Dynamics of Real Estate Prices," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(1), pages 50-58, February.
- Yacine Ait-Sahalia & Jonathan A. Parker & Motohiro Yogo, 2001.
"Luxury Goods and the Equity Premium,"
NBER Working Papers
8417, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward L. Glaeser, 2005. "Urban Colossus: Why is New York America's Largest City?," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 2073, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- William C. Wheaton & Mark S. Baranski & Cesarina A. Templeton, 2009. "100 Years of Commercial Real Estate Prices in Manhattan," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 37(1), pages 69-83.
- Field, Alexander James, 1992. "Uncontrolled Land Development and the Duration of the Depression in the United States," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 52(04), pages 785-805, December.
- Shiller Robert J., 2006. "Long-Term Perspectives on the Current Boom in Home Prices," The Economists' Voice, De Gruyter, vol. 3(4), pages 1-11, March.
- Bradford Case & Henry O. Pollakowski & Susan M. Wachter, 1991. "On Choosing Among House Price Index Methodologies," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 19(3), pages 286-307.
- David L. Wickens, 1941. "Residential Real Estate: Its Economic Position as Shown by Values, Rents, Family Incomes, Financing, and Construction, Together with Estimates for All Real Estate," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number wick41-1, January.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009. "This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 8973.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:reesec:v:41:y:2013:i:2:p:278-309. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.