"Location, Location, Location!" The Price Gradient for Vacant Urban Land: New York, 1835 to 1900
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- G. Donald Jud, 1983. "Real Estate Brokers and the Market for Residential Housing," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 11(1), pages 69-82.
- Ken Johnson & Thomas Springer & Christopher Brockman, 2005. "Price Effects of Non-Traditionally Broker-Marketed Properties," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 31(3), pages 331-343, November.
- G. Stacy Sirmans & Philip G. Swicegood, 2000. "Determining Real Estate Licensee Income," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 20(1), pages 189-204.
- Thomas S. Zorn & James E. Larsen, 1986. "The Incentive Effects of Flat-Fee and Percentage Commissions for Real Estate Brokers," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 14(1), pages 24-47.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Maurizi, Alex, 1974. "Occupational Licensing and the Public Interest," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(2), pages 399-413, Part I, M.
- Abdullah Yavas & Peter F. Colwell, 1995. "A Comparison of Real Estate Marketing Systems: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 10(5), pages 583-600.
- Yinger, John, 1981. "A Search Model of Real Estate Broker Behavior," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(4), pages 591-605, September.
- Rutherford, R.C. & Springer, T.M. & Yavas, A., 2005. "Conflicts between principals and agents: evidence from residential brokerage," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 627-665, June.
- Anglin, Paul M & Arnott, Richard, 1991. "Residential Real Estate Brokerage as a Principal-Agent Problem," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 99-125, June.
- Leonard V. Zumpano & Donald L. Hooks, 1988. "The Real Estate Brokerage Market: A Critical Reevaluation," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 16(1), pages 1-16.
- Glenn E. Crellin & James R. Frew & G. Donald Jud, 1988. "The Earnings of REALTORS: Some Empirical Evidence," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 3(2), pages 69-78.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Iacono & David Levinson, 2017.
"Accessibility dynamics and location premia: Do land values follow accessibility changes?,"
Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 54(2), pages 364-381, February.
- Michael Iacono & David Levinson, 2011. "Accessibility Dynamics and Location Premia: Do Land Values Follow Accessibility Changes?," Working Papers 000087, University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group.
- Satyajit Chatterjee & Burcu Eyigungor, 2012. "A tractable circular city model with an application to the effects of development constraints on land rents," Working Papers 12-25, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Ahlfeldt, Gabriel M. & Wendland, Nicolai, 2011.
"Fifty years of urban accessibility: The impact of the urban railway network on the land gradient in Berlin 1890-1936,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 77-88, March.
- Ahlfeldt, Gabriel M. & Wendland, Nicolai, 2011. "Fifty years of urban accessibility: the impact of the urban railway network on the land gradient in Berlin 1890-1936," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 29650, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Siodla, James, 2015. "Razing San Francisco: The 1906 disaster as a natural experiment in urban redevelopment," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 48-61.
- Daniel P. McMillen, 2010. "Issues In Spatial Data Analysis," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(1), pages 119-141.
- Tse, Chung Yi & Chan, Alex W. H., 2003. "Estimating the commuting cost and commuting time property price gradients," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 745-767, October.
- Ahlfeldt, Gabriel M. & Wendland, Nicolai, 2009. "Looming stations: Valuing transport innovations in historical context," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 97-99, October.
- Tom Nicholas & Anna Scherbina, 2013. "Real Estate Prices During the Roaring Twenties and the Great Depression," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 41(2), pages 278-309, June.
- Barr, Jason & Cohen, Jeffrey P., 2014. "The floor area ratio gradient: New York City, 1890–2009," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 110-119.
- repec:eee:exehis:v:65:y:2017:i:c:p:1-16 is not listed on IDEAS
- Edward L. Glaeser, 2013. "A Nation Of Gamblers: Real Estate Speculation And American History," NBER Working Papers 18825, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jrefec:v:16:y:1998:i:2:p:151-72. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .