Allocation of Labor in Urban West Africa: Insights from the Pattern of Labor Supply and Skill Premiums
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Delacote, Philippe, 2007. "Agricultural expansion, forest products as safety nets, and deforestation," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(02), pages 235-249, April.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Chris Udry & Katherine Czukas, "undated". "Drought and Saving in West Africa: Are Livestock a Buffer Stock?," Working Papers 97013, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Rose, Elaina, 2001.
"Ex ante and ex post labor supply response to risk in a low-income area,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, pages 371-388.
- de Melo, Jaime & Grether, Jean-Marie & Olarreaga, Marcelo, 1999. "Who Determines Mexican Trade Policy?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2176, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Grether,Jean-Marie & De Melo,Jaime A. P. & Olarreaga,Marcelo, 1999. "Who determines Mexican trade policy?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2187, The World Bank.
- Lisa A. Cameron & Christopher Worswick, 2003. "The Labor Market as a Smoothing Device: Labor Supply Responses to Crop Loss," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(2), pages 327-341, May.
- Udry, Christopher, 1995.
"Risk and Saving in Northern Nigeria,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, pages 1287-1300.
- Joseph E. Stiglitz & Aaron S. Edlin, 1992. "Discouraging Rivals: Managerial Rent-Seeking and Economic Inefficiencies," NBER Working Papers 4145, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Travis J. Lybbert & Christopher B. Barrett & Solomon Desta & D. Layne Coppock, 2004.
"Stochastic wealth dynamics and risk management among a poor population,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(498), pages 750-777, October.
- Lybbert, Travis J. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Desta, Solomon & Coppock, D. Layne, 2002. "Stochastic Wealth Dynamics And Risk Management Among A Poor Population," Working Papers 14736, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Norgaard, Richard B., 1981. "Sociosystem and ecosystem coevolution in the amazon," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 238-254, September.
- Dercon, Stefan, 1998.
"Wealth, risk and activity choice: cattle in Western Tanzania,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, pages 1-42.
- Stefan Dercon, 1996. "Wealth, risk and activity choices: cattle in Western Tanzania," CSAE Working Paper Series 1996-08, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Lund, Susan, 2003.
"Risk-sharing networks in rural Philippines,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, pages 261-287.
- Frederic Zimmerman & MICHAEL R. CARTER, "undated". "Asset Smoothing, Consumption Smoothing and the Reproduction for Inequality under Risk and Subsistence Constraints," Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Staff Papers 402, Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Department.
- John Hoddinott, 2006. "Shocks and their consequences across and within households in Rural Zimbabwe," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(2), pages 301-321.
- Chi-Chur Chao & Eden S. H. Yu, 2014.
"Export-Share Requirements, Trade Balances, and Welfare: A Two-Period Analysis,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: TRADE-RELATED INVESTMENT MEASURES Theory and Applications, chapter 5, pages 77-89
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Udry, Christopher & Czukas, Katherine, 1998. "Drought and saving in West Africa: are livestock a buffer stock?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, pages 273-305.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Susan Lund, 2000. "Risk-Sharing Networks in Rural Philippines," Economics Series Working Papers 10, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Subhrendu K. Pattanayak & Erin O. Sills, 2001. "Do Tropical Forests Provide Natural Insurance? The Microeconomics of Non-Timber Forest Product Collection in the Brazilian Amazon," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 77(4), pages 595-612.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Susan Lund, "undated". "Risk Sharing Networks in Rural Philippines," Working Papers 97014, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Fisher, Monica & Shively, Gerald, 2005. "Can Income Programs Reduce Tropical Forest Pressure? Income Shocks and Forest Use in Malawi," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1115-1128, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dimova, Ralitza & Gbakou, Monnet, 2013. "The Global Food Crisis: Disaster, Opportunity or Non-event? Household Level Evidence from Côte d’Ivoire," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 185-196.
- Julia Vaillant & Michael Grimm & Jann Lay & François Roubaud, 2014.
"Informal sector dynamics in times of fragile growth: The case of Madagascar,"
The European Journal of Development Research,
Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), pages 437-455.
- Mathias Kuepie & Christophe Nordman, 2011. "Éducation et marchés du travail à Brazzaville et Pointe Noire (Congo-Brazzaville)," Working Papers DT/2011/11, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Bocquier, Philippe & Nordman, Christophe J. & Vescovo, Aude, 2010.
"Employment Vulnerability and Earnings in Urban West Africa,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 1297-1314, September.
- Philippe Bocquier & Christophe Nordman & Aude Vescovo, 2010. "Employment Vulnerability and Earnings in Urban West Africa," Working Papers DT/2010/05, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Jean-Pierre Cling & Mireille Razafindrakoto & François Roubaud, 2017. "Segmentation and informality in Vietnam: A survey of the literature," CEPN Working Papers hal-01653653, HAL.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4294 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kuepie, Mathias & Nordman, Christophe Jalil, 2015.
"Where Does Education Pay Off in Sub-Saharan Africa? Evidence from Two Cities of the Republic of Congo,"
IZA Discussion Papers
9477, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mathias Kuepié & Christophe Nordman, 2015. "Where Does Education Pay Off in Sub-Saharan Africa? Evidence from Two Cities of the Republic of Congo," Working Papers DT/2015/17, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Jean-Pierre Cling & Mireille Razafindrakoto & François Roubaud, 2014. "Segmentation and informality in Vietnam: A Survey of Literature," Working Papers DT/2014/14, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Radchenko, Natalia, 2014. "Heterogeneity in Informal Salaried Employment: Evidence from the Egyptian Labor Market Survey," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 169-188.
- Ralitza Dimova & Monnet Gbakou, 2012. "A right price for rice? Côte d’Ivoire insights into the welfare implications of the ‘global food crisis’," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series 17212, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/14332 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/7386 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:rdevec:v:14:y:2010:i:1:p:74-92. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1363-6669 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.