Inter-Regional Migration in Transition Economies: The Case of Poland
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416-416.
- Bencivenga, Valerie R & Smith, Bruce D, 1997. "Unemployment, Migration, and Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(3), pages 582-608, June.
- Stephen Wheatley Price, 2001.
"The employment adjustment of male immigrants in England,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 14(1), pages 193-220.
- Stephen Wheatley Price, "undated". "The Employment Adjustment of Male Immigrants in England," Discussion Papers in Public Sector Economics 98/9, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Todaro, Michael P, 1969. "A Model for Labor Migration and Urban Unemployment in Less Developed Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(1), pages 138-148, March.
- Sarbajit Chaudhuri, 2000.
"Rural–Urban Migration, the Informal Sector, Urban Unemployment, and Development Policies: A Theoretical Analysis,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(3), pages 353-364, October.
- Chaudhuri, Sarbajit, 2000. "Rural-Urban Migration, the Informal Sector, Urban Unemployment, and Development Policies: A Theoretical Analysis," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(3), pages 353-364, October.
- Brecher, Richard A. & Choudhri, Ehsan U., 1987. "International migration versus foreign investment in the presence of unemployment," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3-4), pages 329-342, November.
- Hamilton, Bob & Whalley, John, 1984. "Efficiency and distributional implications of global restrictions on labour mobility : Calculations and policy implications," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 61-75.
- Mayo, Stephen K. & Stein, James I. & INU, 1988. "Housing and labor market distortions in Poland : linkages and policy implications," Policy Research Working Paper Series 361, The World Bank.
- Agiomirgianakis, George & Zervoyianni, Athina, 2001. "Globalization of labor markets and macroeconomic equilibrium," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 109-133.
- Yuri Andrienko & Sergei Guriev, 2004. "Determinants of interregional mobility in Russia," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 12(1), pages 1-27, March.
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-142, March.
- Ghatak, Subrata & Levine, Paul & Price, Stephen Wheatley, 1996. " Migration Theories and Evidence: An Assessment," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(2), pages 159-198, June.
- Paul Levine, 1999. "The welfare economics of immigration control," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 12(1), pages 23-43.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Justyna Wilk, 2015. "Using symbolic data in gravity model of population migration to reduce modifiable areal unit problem (MAUP)," Statistics in Transition new series, Główny Urząd Statystyczny (Polska), vol. 16(2), pages 243-264, June.
- repec:exl:29stat:v:16:y:2015:i:2:p:243-264 is not listed on IDEAS
- Subrata Ghatak & Monica Ioana Pop Silaghi & Vince Daly, 2009.
"Trade and migration flows between some CEE countries and the UK,"
The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 61-78.
- Ghatak, Subrata & Pop-Silaghi, Monica Ioana & Daly, Vince, 2008. "Trade and migration flows between some CEE countries and the UK," Economics Discussion Papers 2008-1, School of Economics, Kingston University London.
- Oleksandr Shepotylo, 2012. "Cities in Transition," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 54(3), pages 661-688, September.
- Vakulenko, Elena, 2012. "Migration in Russian cities: Econometric analysis," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 25(1), pages 25-50.
- Kevin J. A. Thomas & Christopher Inkpen, 2013. "Migration Dynamics, Entrepreneurship, and African Development: Lessons from Malawi," International Migration Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(4), pages 844-873, December.
- Mitze, Timo & Reinkowski, Janina, 2010. "Testing the Validity of the Neoclassical Migration Model: Overall and Age-Group Specific Estimation Results for German Spatial Planning Regions," MPRA Paper 23616, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mulhern, Alan & Watson, John, 2009. "Spanish internal migration: is there anything new to say?," Economics Discussion Papers 2009-1, School of Economics, Kingston University London.
- Barbara Dańska-Borsiak, 2013. "Migracje do podregionów według typów; wpływ czynników ekonomicznych i gospodarki opartej na wiedzy," Collegium of Economic Analysis Annals, Warsaw School of Economics, Collegium of Economic Analysis, issue 30, pages 27-41.
- Libman, Alexander & Herrmann-Pillath, Carsten & Yadav, Gaurav, 2013. "Are human rights and economic well-being substitutes? The evidence from migration patterns across the Indian states," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 139-164.
- Shilpi, Forhad & Sangraula, Prem & Li, Yue, 2014. "Voting with their feet ? access to infrastructure and migration in Nepal," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7047, The World Bank.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:rdevec:v:12:y:2008:i:1:p:209-222. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1363-6669 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.