Unemployment, Migration, and Growth
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Rosenzweig, Mark R., 1988. "Labor markets in low-income countries," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 15, pages 713-762 Elsevier.
- Drazen, Allan, 1982. "Unemployment in LDCs: Worker heterogeneity, screening, and quantity constraints," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 10(12), pages 1039-1047, December.
- Grandmont, Jean-Michel, 1985. "On Endogenous Competitive Business Cycles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(5), pages 995-1045, September.
- James E. Rauch, 1993.
"Economic Development, Urban Underemployment, and Income Inequality,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 26(4), pages 901-918, November.
- James E. Rauch, 1991. "Economic Development, Urban Underemployment, and Income Inequality," NBER Working Papers 3758, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Drazen, Allan & Eckstein, Zvi, 1988.
"On the Organization of Rural Markets and the Process of Economic Development,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 78(3), pages 431-443, June.
- Drazen, Allan & Eckstein, Zvi, 1986. "On the Organization of Rural Markets and the Process of Economic Development," Foerder Institute for Economic Research Working Papers 275416, Tel-Aviv University > Foerder Institute for Economic Research.
- Ranis, Gustav, 1988. "Analytics of development: Dualism," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 4, pages 73-92 Elsevier.
- Costas Azariadis & Allan Drazen, 1990. "Threshold Externalities in Economic Development," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(2), pages 501-526.
- Mazumdar, Dipak, 1987. "Rural-urban migration in developing countries," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics,in: E. S. Mills (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 28, pages 1097-1128 Elsevier.
- Reichlin, Pietro, 1986. "Equilibrium cycles in an overlapping generations economy with production," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 89-102, October.
- Benhabib, Jess & Day, Richard H., 1982. "A characterization of erratic dynamics in, the overlapping generations model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 37-55, November.
- Bhatia, Kul B, 1979. "Rural-Urban Migration and Surplus Labour," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 31(3), pages 403-414, November.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Razin, Assaf, 1973. "A Model of Intersectoral Migration and Growth," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(1), pages 72-79, March.
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-142, March.
- Azariadis, Costas, 1981. "Self-fulfilling prophecies," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 380-396, December.
- Hatton, Timothy J & Williamson, Jeffrey G, 1992. "What Explains Wage Gaps between Farm and City? Exploring the Todaro Model with American Evidence, 1890-1941," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40(2), pages 267-294, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jpolec:v:105:y:1997:i:3:p:582-608. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.