Trade and migration flows between some CEE countries and the UK
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Subrata Ghatak & Monica Ioana Pop Silaghi & Vince Daly, 2009. "Trade and migration flows between some CEE countries and the UK," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 61-78.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jakab, Zoltan M. & Kovacs, Mihaly A. & Oszlay, Andras, 2001. "How Far Has Trade Integration Advanced?: An Analysis of the Actual and Potential Trade of Three Central and Eastern European Countries," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 276-292, June.
- Matthieu Bussière & Jarko Fidrmuc & Bernd Schnatz, 2005.
"Trade Integration of Central and Eastern European Countries: Lessons from a Gravity Model,"
105, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Schnatz, Bernd & Bussière, Matthieu & Fidrmuc, Jarko, 2005. "Trade integration of Central and Eastern European countries: lessons from a gravity model," Working Paper Series 545, European Central Bank.
- Timothy Hatton, 2005.
"Explaining trends in UK immigration,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 18(4), pages 719-740, November.
- Hatton, Timothy J., 2003. "Explaining Trends in UK Immigration," CEPR Discussion Papers 4019, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tim Hatton, 2004. "Explaining Trends in UK Immigration," ANU Working Papers in Economics and Econometrics 2004-440, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics.
- Ghatak, Subrata & Piperakis, Andromachi S., 2007. "The impact of Eastern European immigration to UK trade," Economics Discussion Papers 2007-3, School of Economics, Kingston University London.
- I-Hui Cheng & Howard J. Wall, 2005.
"Controlling for heterogeneity in gravity models of trade and integration,"
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jan, pages 49-63.
- I-Hui Cheng & Howard J. Wall, 2004. "Controlling for heterogeneity in gravity models of trade and integration," Working Papers 1999-010, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Subrata Ghatak & Alan Mulhern & John Watson, 2008. "Inter-Regional Migration in Transition Economies: The Case of Poland," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(1), pages 209-222, February.
- Dunlevy, James A. & Hutchinson, William K., 2001. "The Pro-Trade Effect of Immigration on American Exports During the Late Nineteenth and Early Twentieth Centuries," IZA Discussion Papers 375, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Martinez-Zarzoso, Inmaculada & Nowak-Lehmann, Felicitas, 2003.
"Augmented Gravity Model: An Empirical Application to Mercosur-European Union Trade Flows,"
Journal of Applied Economics,
Universidad del CEMA, vol. 6(2), pages 1-26, November.
- Inmaculada MartÃnez-Zarzoso & Felicitas Nowak-Lehmann, 2003. "Augmented Gravity Model: An Empirical Application to Mercosur-European Union Trade Flows," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 6, pages 291-316, November.
- Kao, Chihwa, 1999. "Spurious regression and residual-based tests for cointegration in panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 1-44, May.
- Min, Pyong Gap, 1990. "Korean Immigrants in Los Angeles," Institute for Social Science Research, Working Paper Series qt2w76n5vs, Institute for Social Science Research, UCLA.
- E. Paul Durrenberger, 2005. "Labour," Chapters,in: A Handbook of Economic Anthropology, chapter 8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- S. Piperakis, Andromachi, 2003. "Immigration, Trade Costs and Trade: Gravity Evidence for Greece," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 18, pages 750-762.
- Christian Dustmann & Tim Hatton & Ian Preston, 2005. "The Labour Market Effects of Immigration," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 115(507), pages 297-299, November.
- David Karemera & Victor Iwuagwu Oguledo & Bobby Davis, 2000. "A gravity model analysis of international migration to North America," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(13), pages 1745-1755.
- Keith Head & John Ries, 1998. "Immigration and Trade Creation: Econometric Evidence from Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 31(1), pages 47-62, February.
- Anderson, James E, 1979. "A Theoretical Foundation for the Gravity Equation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(1), pages 106-116, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giulia BETTIN & Alessia LO TURCO, 2009. "A Cross Country View On South-North Migration And Trade," Working Papers 331, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Fourie, Johan & Santana-Gallego, María, 2013. "Ethnic reunion and cultural affinity," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 411-420.
- Murat Genc & Masood Gheasi & Peter Nijkamp & Jacques Poot, 2012.
"The impact of immigration on international trade: a meta-analysis,"
Chapters,in: Migration Impact Assessment, chapter 9, pages 301-337
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Murat Genc & Masood Gheasi & Peter Nijkamp & Jacques Poot, 2011. "The impact of immigration on international trade: a meta-analysis," Norface Discussion Paper Series 2011020, Norface Research Programme on Migration, Department of Economics, University College London.
- Genc, Murat & Gheasi, Masood & Nijkamp, Peter & Poot, Jacques, 2011. "The Impact of Immigration on International Trade: A Meta-Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 6145, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Antonella Bellino & Giuseppe Celi, 2016. "The Role of Migration in the Variety and Quality of Trade: Evidence from Germany," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 17(1), pages 1-25, February.
- Giulia Bettin & Alessia Lo Turco, 2012. "A Cross-Country View on South-North Migration and Trade: Dissecting the Channels," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(4), pages 4-29, July.
- Felbermayr, Gabriel & Grossmann, Volker & Kohler, Wilhelm, 2012.
"Migration, International Trade and Capital Formation: Cause or Effect ?,"
FSES Working Papers
436, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, University of Freiburg/Fribourg Switzerland.
- Felbermayr, Gabriel & Grossmann, Volker & Kohler, Wilhelm, 2012. "Migration, International Trade and Capital Formation: Cause or Effect?," IZA Discussion Papers 6975, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Tripathi, Sabyasachi & Leitão, Nuno Carlos, 2013. "India’s Trade and Gravity Model: A Static and Dynamic Panel Data," MPRA Paper 45502, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- BELLINO, Antonella & CELI, Giuseppe, 2016. "The Migration-Trade Nexus in the Presence of Vertical and Horizontal Product Differentiation," CELPE Discussion Papers 137, CELPE - Centre of Labour Economics and Economic Policy, University of Salerno, Italy.
- Ingianni, Andrea, 2012. "Intra-European Union trade openness and new members’ output convergence: A time-series analysis," Economics Discussion Papers 2012-5, School of Economics, Kingston University London.
- Peter H. Egger & Maximilian von Ehrlich & Douglas R. Nelson, 2012. "Migration and Trade," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(2), pages 216-241, February.
- Leitão, Nuno Carlos & Tripathi, Sabyasachi, 2013. "Portuguese Trade and European Union: The Gravity Model," MPRA Paper 45994, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tekleselassie, Tsegay Gebrekidan, 2016. "Three essays on the impact of institutions and policies on socio-economic outcomes," Economics PhD Theses 1316, Department of Economics, University of Sussex Business School.
- Roger White & Bedassa Tadesse, 2011. "International Migration and Economic Integration," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14318.
- Sonia Plaza, 2013. "Diaspora resources and policies," Chapters,in: International Handbook on the Economics of Migration, chapter 27, pages 505-529 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Ke Pang & Yao Tang, 2014. "Vertical Trade, Exchange Rate Pass-Through, and the Exchange Rate Regime," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 477-520, July.
More about this item
Keywordstrade; migration; gravity models;
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:kngedp:2008_001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Andrea Ingianni). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sekinuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.