The effects of mergers on product positioning: evidence from the music radio industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert P. Rogers & John R. Woodbury, 1996. "Market Structure, Program Diversity, And Radio Audience Size," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 14(1), pages 81-91, January.
- Borenstein, Severin & Netz, Janet, 1999. "Why do all the flights leave at 8 am?: Competition and departure-time differentiation in airline markets," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 611-640, July.
- Andrew Sweeting, 2007. "Dynamic Product Repositioning in Differentiated Product Markets: The Case of Format Switching in the Commercial Radio Industry," NBER Working Papers 13522, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Simon P. Anderson & Stephen Coate, 2005.
"Market Provision of Broadcasting: A Welfare Analysis,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 72(4), pages 947-972.
- Simon P. Anderson & Stephen Coate, 2003. "Market Provision of Broadcasting: A Welfare Analysis," Virginia Economics Online Papers 358, University of Virginia, Department of Economics.
- Orley Ashenfelter & Daniel Hosken, 2008.
"The Effect of Mergers on Consumer Prices: Evidence from Five Selected Case Studies,"
1037, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Center for Economic Policy Studies..
- Orley Ashenfelter & Daniel Hosken, 2008. "The Effect of Mergers on Consumer Prices: Evidence from Five Selected Case Studies," NBER Working Papers 13859, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter Davis, 2006. "MEASURING THE BUSINESS STEALING, CANNIBALIZATION AND MARKET EXPANSION EFFECTS OF ENTRY IN THE U.S. MOTION PICTURE EXHIBITION MARKET -super-," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(3), pages 293-321, September.
- Michaela Draganska & Michael Mazzeo & Katja Seim, 2009.
"Beyond plain vanilla: Modeling joint product assortment and pricing decisions,"
Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME),
Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 105-146, June.
- Draganska, Michaela & Seim, Katja & Mazzeo, Michael, 2007. "Beyond Plain Vanilla: Modeling Joint Product Assortment and Pricing Decisions," Research Papers 1982, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Esther Gal-Or & Anthony Dukes, 2003. "Minimum Differentiation in Commercial Media Markets," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 291-325, September.
- Jack H. Beebe, 1977. "Institutional Structure and Program Choices in Television Markets," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 91(1), pages 15-37.
- Michael Spence & Bruce Owen, 1977. "Television Programming, Monopolistic Competition, and Welfare," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 91(1), pages 103-126.
- repec:pri:cepsud:160ashenfelter is not listed on IDEAS
- Kenneth S. Corts, 2001. "The Strategic Effects of Vertical Market Structure: Common Agency and Divisionalization in the US Motion Picture Industry," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(4), pages 509-528, December.
- Andrew Sweeting, 2009.
"The strategic timing incentives of commercial radio stations: An empirical analysis using multiple equilibria,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 40(4), pages 710-742.
- Andrew Sweeting, 2008. "The Strategic Timing Incentives of Commercial Radio Stations: An Empirical Analysis Using Multiple Equilibria," NBER Working Papers 14506, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steven T. Berry & Joel Waldfogel, 2001. "Do Mergers Increase Product Variety? Evidence from Radio Broadcasting," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 116(3), pages 1009-1025.
- Peter O. Steiner, 1952. "Program Patterns and Preferences, and the Workability of Competition in Radio Broadcasting," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 66(2), pages 194-223.
- Peters, Craig, 2006. "Evaluating the Performance of Merger Simulation: Evidence from the U.S. Airline Industry," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 49(2), pages 627-649, October.
- Amit Gandhi & Luke Froeb & Steven Tschantz & Gregory J. Werden, 2008. "POST-MERGER PRODUCT REPOSITIONING -super-," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(1), pages 49-67, March.
- Steven T. Berry & Joel Waldfogel, 1999. "Mergers, Station Entry, and Programming Variety in Radio Broadcasting," NBER Working Papers 7080, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:randje:v:41:y:2010:i:2:p:372-397. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/randdus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.