Impact of Bankruptcy Eligibility Requirements and Statutory Liens on Borrowing Costs
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wagner, Gary A., 2004. "The Bond Market and Fiscal Institutions: Have Budget Stabilization Funds Reduced State Borrowing Costs?," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 57(4), pages 785-804, December.
- Bayoumi, Tamim & Goldstein, Morris & Woglom, Geoffrey, 1995. "Do Credit Markets Discipline Sovereign Borrowers? Evidence from the U.S. States," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(4), pages 1046-1059, November.
- Feld, Lars P. & Kalb, Alexander & Moessinger, Marc-Daniel & Osterloh, Steffen, 2017. "Sovereign bond market reactions to no-bailout clauses and fiscal rules – The Swiss experience," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 319-343.
- Miles Livingston & Lei Zhou, 2010. "Split Bond Ratings and Information Opacity Premiums," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 39(2), pages 515-532, June.
- Arthur Allen & Donna Dudney, 2008. "The Impact of Rating Agency Reputation on Local Government Bond Yields," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 33(1), pages 57-76, February.
- Mark Hallerberg & Guntram Wolff, 2008. "Fiscal institutions, fiscal policy and sovereign risk premia in EMU," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 136(3), pages 379-396, September.
- Kirsten H. Heppke-Falk & Guntram B. Wolff, 2008.
"Moral Hazard and Bail-Out in Fiscal Federations: Evidence for the German Länder,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(3), pages 425-446, August.
- Heppke-Falk, Kirsten H. & Wolff, Guntram B., 2007. "Moral hazard and bail-out in fiscal federations: evidence for the German Länder," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2007,07, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Kriz, Kenneth A., 2003. "Comparative costs of negotiated versus competitive bond sales: new evidence from state general obligation bonds," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 191-211.
- Fairchild, Lisa M. & Koch, Timothy W., 1998. "The Impact of State Disclosure Requirements on Municipal Yields," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 51(4), pages 733-753, December.
- Hauck, Achim & Neyer, Ulrike, 2014. "Disagreement between rating agencies and bond opacity: A theoretical perspective," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 123(1), pages 82-85.
- Timothy Q. Cook, 1982. "Determinants of individual tax-exempt bond yields : a survey of the evidence," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue May, pages 14-39.
- Jayaraman Vijayakumar & Kenneth Daniels, 2006. "The Role and Impact of Financial Advisors in the Market for Municipal Bonds," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 30(1), pages 43-68, August.
- Tima T. Moldogaziev & Martin J. Luby, 2012. "State and Local Government Bond Refinancing and the Factors Associated with the Refunding Decision," Public Finance Review, , vol. 40(5), pages 614-642, September.
- Skidmore, Mark & Scorsone, Eric, 2011. "Causes and consequences of fiscal stress in Michigan cities," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 360-371, July.
- Poterba, James M. & Rueben, Kim S., 2001. "Fiscal News, State Budget Rules, and Tax-Exempt Bond Yields," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 537-562, November.
- A. Colin Cameron & Douglas L. Miller, 2015. "A Practitioner’s Guide to Cluster-Robust Inference," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 50(2), pages 317-372.
- Jun Qian & Philip E. Strahan, 2007.
"How Laws and Institutions Shape Financial Contracts: The Case of Bank Loans,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 62(6), pages 2803-2834, December.
- Jun Qian & Philip E. Strahan, 2005. "How Law and Institutions Shape Financial Contracts: The Case of Bank Loans," NBER Working Papers 11052, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jun Peng & Peter Brucato, 2004. "An empirical analysis of market and institutional mechanisms for alleviating information asymmetry in the municipal bond market," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 28(2), pages 226-238, June.
- Romano, Roberta, 1985. "Law as a Product: Some Pieces of the Incorporation Puzzle," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(2), pages 225-283, Fall.
- Bayoumi, Tamim & Goldstein, Morris & Woglom, Geoffrey, 1995. "Do Credit Markets Discipline Sovereign Borrowers? Evidence from US States," CEPR Discussion Papers 1088, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Fairchild, Lisa M. & Koch, Timothy W., 1998. "The Impact of State Disclosure Requirements on Municipal Yields," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 51(n. 4), pages 733-53, December.
- Robert C. Lowry, 2001. "A Visible Hand? Bond Markets, Political Parties, Balanced Budget Laws, and State Government Debt," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(1), pages 49-72, March.
- Alexander W. Butler & Larry Fauver & Sandra Mortal, 2009. "Corruption, Political Connections, and Municipal Finance," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(7), pages 2673-2705, July.
- Anderson, Nathan B., 2006. "Property Tax Limitations: An Interpretative Review," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 59(3), pages 685-694, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:pbudge:v:37:y:2017:i:4:p:47-73. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0275-1100 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.