Entry, Profit and Welfare under Asymmetric R&D Costs
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rajeev K. Tyagi, 1999. "On the Effects of Downstream Entry," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(1), pages 59-73, January.
- Bester, Helmut & Petrakis, Emmanuel, 1993.
"The incentives for cost reduction in a differentiated industry,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 519-534.
- Bester, H. & Petrakis, E., 1991. "The Incentives for Cost Reduction in a Differentiated Industry," Papers 9136, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Bester, H. & Petrakis, E., 1991. "The Incentives for Cost Reduction in a Differentiated Industry," Discussion Paper 1991-36, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Arigit Mukherjee & Laixun Zhao, 2009. "PROFIT RAISING ENTRY -super-," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(4), pages 870-870, December.
- Arijit Mukherjee & Enrico Pennings, 2004.
"Imitation, patent protection, and welfare,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 56(4), pages 715-733, October.
- Mukherjee, A. & Pennings, E., 2000. "Imitation, patent protection and welfare," Working Papers 00.03, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies.
- Arijit Mukherjee & Enrico Pennings, 2001. "Imitation, patent protection and welfare," Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001) 2001/03, Department of Economics, Keele University.
- Mukherjee, Arijit & Pennings, Enrico, 2011. "Unionization structure, licensing and innovation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 232-241, March.
- Mattoo, Aaditya & Olarreaga, Marcelo & Saggi, Kamal, 2004.
"Mode of foreign entry, technology transfer, and FDI policy,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 95-111, October.
- Mattoo, Aaditya & Olarreaga, Marcelo & Saggi, Kamal, 2001. "Mode of Foreign Entry, Technology Transfer, and FDI Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 2870, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lahiri, Sajal & Ono, Yoshiyasu, 1988. "Helping Minor Firms Reduces Welfare," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(393), pages 1199-1202, December.
- Matsumura Toshihiro & Matsushima Noriaki, 2010. "When Small Firms Fight Back Against Large Firms in R&D Activities," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-42, September.
- Nancy T. Gallini, 1992. "Patent Policy and Costly Imitation," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 23(1), pages 52-63, Spring.
- Naylor, Robin A., 2002. "Industry profits and competition under bilateral oligopoly," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 169-175, October.
- Arijit Mukherjee & Udo Broll & Soma Mukherjee, 2009.
"The welfare effects of entry: the role of the input market,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 98(3), pages 189-201, December.
- Arijit Mukherjee & Udo Broll & Soma Mukherjee, "undated". "The welfare effects of entry: the role of the input market," Discussion Papers 08/12, University of Nottingham, School of Economics.
- Ikuo Ishibashi & Noriaki Matsushima, 2009. "The Existence of Low-End Firms May Help High-End Firms," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(1), pages 136-147, 01-02.
- Yongmin Chen & Michael H. Riordan, 2007. "Price and Variety in the Spokes Model," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(522), pages 897-921, July.
- Arijit Mukherjee, 2002. "Subsidy and entry: the role of licensing," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(1), pages 160-171, January.
- Minoru Kitahara & Toshihiro Matsumura, 2006. "Realized Cost-Based Subsidies For Strategic R&D Investments With "Ex Ante" And "Ex Post" Asymmetries," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 57(3), pages 438-448.
- Ashiya, Masahiro, 2000. "Weak entrants are welcome," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 975-984, August.
- Klemperer, Paul D, 1988. "Welfare Effects of Entry into Markets with Switching Costs," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(2), pages 159-165, December.
- Pal, Debashis & Sarkar, Jyotirmoy, 2001. "A Stackelberg Oligopoly with Nonidentical Firms," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(2), pages 127-134, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kabiraj, Tarun & Chattopadhyay, Srobonti, 2014. "Cooperative vs. non-cooperative R&D incentives under incomplete information," MPRA Paper 59259, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:manchs:v:82:y:2014:i:3:p:284-295. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/semanuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.