On the Effects of Downstream Entry
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Greenhut, M L & Ohta, H, 1976. "Related Market Conditions and Interindustrial Mergers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(3), pages 267-277, June.
- Charles R. Frank, 1965. "Entry in a Cournot Market," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(3), pages 245-250.
- Timothy W. McGuire & Richard Staelin, 1983. "An Industry Equilibrium Analysis of Downstream Vertical Integration," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 2(2), pages 161-191.
- Steven M. Shugan, 1985. "Implicit Understandings in Channels of Distribution," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(4), pages 435-460, April.
- Bulow, Jeremy I & Geanakoplos, John D & Klemperer, Paul D, 1985. "Multimarket Oligopoly: Strategic Substitutes and Complements," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(3), pages 488-511, June.
- Seade, Jesus, 1980. "The stability of cournot revisited," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 15-27, August.
- S. Chan Choi, 1991. "Price Competition in a Channel Structure with a Common Retailer," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 10(4), pages 271-296.
- Anne T. Coughlan, 1985. "Competition and Cooperation in Marketing Channel Choice: Theory and Application," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 4(2), pages 110-129.
- Vernon, Jack R., 1971. "Separation of Ownership and Control and Profit Rates, the Evidence from Banking: Comment," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(01), pages 615-625, January.
- Mark A. Satterthwaite, 1979. "Consumer Information, Equilibrium Industry Price, and the Number of Sellers," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(2), pages 483-502, Autumn.
- J. Miguel Villas-Boas, 1998. "Product Line Design for a Distribution Channel," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(2), pages 156-169.
- Martin K. Perry, 1982. "Oligopoly and Consistent Conjectural Variations," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 13(1), pages 197-205, Spring.
- Charles A. Ingene & Mark E. Parry, 1995. "Channel Coordination When Retailers Compete," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 14(4), pages 360-377.
- R. J. Ruffin, 1971. "Cournot Oligopoly and Competitive Behaviour," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(4), pages 493-502.
- Dixit, Avinash K, 1986. "Comparative Statics for Oligopoly," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 27(1), pages 107-122, February.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1987. "Competition and the Number of Firms in a Market: Are Duopolies More Competitive than Atomistic Markets?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(5), pages 1041-1061, October.
- Koji Okuguchi, 1973. "Quasi-Competitiveness and Cournot Oligopoly," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(1), pages 145-148.
- David M. Kreps & Jose A. Scheinkman, 1983. "Quantity Precommitment and Bertrand Competition Yield Cournot Outcomes," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 14(2), pages 326-337, Autumn.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Naylor, Robin & Soegaard, Christian Author-workplace-Name University of Warwick, 2018. "The Effects of Entry in Oligopolistic Trade with Bargained Input Prices," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 1148, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Matsushima, Noriaki & Mizuno, Tomomichi, 2012.
"Profit-enhancing competitive pressure in vertically related industries,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 142-152.
- Noriaki Matsushima & Tomomichi Mizuno, 2009. "Profit enhancing competitive pressure in vertically related industries," Discussion Papers 2009-03, Kobe University, Graduate School of Business Administration.
- Kumoi, Yuki & Matsubayashi, Nobuo, 2014. "Vertical integration with endogenous contract leadership: Stability and fair profit allocation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 238(1), pages 221-232.
- repec:bla:jindec:v:65:y:2017:i:1:p:214-219 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:joreco:v:26:y:2015:i:c:p:1-13 is not listed on IDEAS
- Beladi, Hamid & Mukherjee, Arijit, 2012. "Market structure and strategic bi-sourcing," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 210-219.
- Ioannis N. Pinopoulos, 2014. "A note on the effects of downstream free entry on wholesale pricing," Discussion Paper Series 2014_05, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Sep 2014.
- Fanti, Luciano & Meccheri, Nicola, 2014. "Profits and competition under alternative technologies in a unionized duopoly with product differentiation," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 157-168.
- Yamada, Mai, 2016. "The Optimal Trading Partner for an Upstream Monopolist," MPRA Paper 70325, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Naylor, Robin A & Soegaard, Christian, 2014. "The Effects of Entry in Oligopoly with Bargained Wages," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 1044, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- repec:bla:manchs:v:85:y:2017:i:4:p:430-449 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zhou, Yong-Wu & Cao, Zong-Hong & Zhong, Yuanguang, 2015. "Pricing and alliance selection for a dominant retailer with an upstream entry," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 243(1), pages 211-223.
- Arijit Mukherjee, 2007. "Note on a generalized wage rigidity result," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 10(12), pages 1-9.
- Koulamas, Christos & Kyparisis, George J, 2010. "A note on the effects of downstream efficiency on upstream pricing," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 200(3), pages 926-928, February.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:10:y:2007:i:12:p:1-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arijit Mukherjee & Laixun Zhao, 2017. "Profit Raising Entry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 65(1), pages 214-219, March.
- Altug, Mehmet Sekip, 2016. "Supply chain contracting for vertically differentiated products," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 171(P1), pages 34-45.
- Glock, Christoph H. & Kim, Taebok, 2015. "The effect of forward integration on a single-vendor–multi-retailer supply chain under retailer competition," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 179-192.
- Özelkan, Ertunga C. & ÇakanyIldIrIm, Metin, 2009. "Reverse bullwhip effect in pricing," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 192(1), pages 302-312, January.
- Pinopoulos, Ioannis N., 2011. "Input pricing by an upstream monopolist into imperfectly competitive downstream markets," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 144-151, September.
- Arya, Anil & Mittendorf, Brian, 2013. "Discretionary disclosure in the presence of dual distribution channels," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 168-182.
- repec:otg:wpaper:1403 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ove:journl:aid:11393 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arijit Mukherjee & Achintya Ray, 2014. "Entry, Profit and Welfare under Asymmetric R&D Costs," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 82(3), pages 284-295, June.
More about this item
Keywordsentry; vertical relationship; comparative-statics; oligopoly theory;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:45:y:1999:i:1:p:59-73. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.