The Effects of Regulated Premium Subsidies on Insurance Costs: An Empirical Analysis of Automobile Insurance
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Besley, Timothy & Case, Anne, 1995.
"Incumbent Behavior: Vote-Seeking, Tax-Setting, and Yardstick Competition,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 85(1), pages 25-45, March.
- Timothy Besley & Anne Case, 1992. "Incumbent Behavior: Vote Seeking, Tax Setting and Yardstick Competition," NBER Working Papers 4041, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cummins, J David & Phillips, Richard D & Weiss, Mary A, 2001.
"The Incentive Effects of No-Fault Automobile Insurance,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(2), pages 427-464, October.
- J. David Cummins & Mary A. Weiss & Richard D. Phillips, 1999. "The Incentive Effects of No Fault Automobile Insurance," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 99-38, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Steven Shavell, 1982. "On Liability and Insurance," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 13(1), pages 120-132, Spring.
- Weiss, Mary A. & Choi, Byeongyong Paul, 2008. "State regulation and the structure, conduct, efficiency and performance of US auto insurers," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 134-156, January.
- Smith, Eric & Wright, Randall, 1992.
"Why Is Automobile Insurance in Philadelphia So Damn Expensive?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 82(4), pages 756-772, September.
- Eric Smith & Randall Wright, 1991. "Why is automobile insurance in Philadelphia so damn expensive?," Staff Report 139, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- J. David Cummins & Sharon Tennyson, 1992. "Controlling Automobile Insurance Costs," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(2), pages 95-115, Spring.
- Richard A. Derrig & Daniel J. Johnston & Elizabeth A. Sprinkel, 2006. "Auto Insurance Fraud: Measurements and Efforts to Combat It," Risk Management and Insurance Review, American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 9(2), pages 109-130, September.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:63:y:1969:i:03:p:880-899_25 is not listed on IDEAS
- Heckman, James J, 1978.
"Dummy Endogenous Variables in a Simultaneous Equation System,"
Econometric Society, vol. 46(4), pages 931-959, July.
- James J. Heckman, 1977. "Dummy Endogenous Variables in a Simultaneous Equation System," NBER Working Papers 0177, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harrington, Scott E & Danzon, Patricia M, 2000. "Rate Regulation, Safety Incentives, and Loss Growth in Workers' Compensation Insurance," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73(4), pages 569-595, October.
- R. G. Lipsey & Kelvin Lancaster, 1956. "The General Theory of Second Best," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(1), pages 11-32.
- Danzon, Patricia M & Harrington, Scott E, 2001. "Worker's Compensation Rate Regulation: How Price Controls Increase Costs," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(1), pages 1-36, April.
- Cummins, J David & Tennyson, Sharon, 1996. "Moral Hazard in Insurance Claiming: Evidence from Automobile Insurance," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 29-50, January.
- Blackmon, B Glenn, Jr & Zeckhauser, Richard, 1991. "Mispriced Equity: Regulated Rates for Auto Insurance in Massachusetts," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(2), pages 65-69, May.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:63:y:1969:i:03:p:880-899_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Richard A Derrig,, 1993. "Price Regulation in US Automobile Insurance A Case Study of Massachusetts Private Passenger Automobile Insurance 1978–1990*," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 18(2), pages 158-173, April.
- Ippolito, Richard A, 1979. "The Effects of Price Regulation in the Automobile Insurance Industry," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(1), pages 55-89, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martin Eling & David Pankoke, 2016.
"Costs and Benefits of Financial Regulation: An Empirical Assessment for Insurance Companies,"
The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice,
Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 41(4), pages 529-554, October.
- Eling, Martin & Pankoke, David, 2014. "Costs and Benefits of Financial Regulation – An Empirical Assessment for Insurance Companies," Working Papers on Finance 1420, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- Lee, Chien-Chiang & Lin, Chun-Wei, 2016. "Globalization, political institutions, financial liberalization, and performance of the insurance industry," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 244-266.
- Dionne, Georges & Michaud, Pierre-Carl & Pinquet, Jean, 2013.
"A review of recent theoretical and empirical analyses of asymmetric information in road safety and automobile insurance,"
Research in Transportation Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 85-97.
- Georges Dionnne & Pierre-Carl Michaud & Jean Pinquet, 2012. "A Review of Recent Theoretical and Empirical Analyses of Asymmetric Information in Road Safety and Automobile Insurance," Cahiers de recherche 1204, CIRPEE.
- Dionne, Georges & Harrington, Scott, 2017. "Insurance and Insurance Markets," Working Papers 17-2, HEC Montreal, Canada Research Chair in Risk Management.
- Sharon Tennyson, 2010. "Incentive Effects of Community Rating in Insurance Markets: Evidence from Massachusetts Automobile Insurance," The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics (The Geneva Association), vol. 35(1), pages 19-46, June.
- James M. Carson & Kathleen A. McCullough & David M. Pooser, 2013. "Deciding Whether to Invest in Mitigation Measures: Evidence From Florida," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 80(2), pages 309-327, June.
- Biener, Christian & Eling, Martin & Schmit, Joan T., 2014.
"Regulation in Microinsurance Markets: Principles, Practice, and Directions for Future Development,"
Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 21-40.
- Biener, Christian & Eling, Martin & Schmit, Joan T., 2013. "Regulation in Microinsurance Markets: Principles, Practice, and Directions for Future Development," Working Papers on Finance 1305, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- Georges Dionne & Kili C. Wang, 2011. "Does Opportunistic Fraud in Automobile theft Insurance Fluctuate with the Business Cycle ?," Cahiers de recherche 1121, CIRPEE.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jrinsu:v:77:y:2010:i:3:p:597-624. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ariaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.