The Impact of Rate Regulation on Claims: Evidence From Massachusetts Automobile Insurance
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Steven Shavell, 1982. "On Liability and Insurance," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 13(1), pages 120-132, Spring.
- J. David Cummins & Sharon Tennyson, 1992. "Controlling Automobile Insurance Costs," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(2), pages 95-115, Spring.
- Richard A. Derrig & Daniel J. Johnston & Elizabeth A. Sprinkel, 2006. "Auto Insurance Fraud: Measurements and Efforts to Combat It," Risk Management and Insurance Review, American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 9(2), pages 109-130, September.
- Patrick L. Brockett & Linda L. Golden, 2007. "Biological and Psychobehavioral Correlates of Credit Scores and Automobile Insurance Losses: Toward an Explication of Why Credit Scoring Works," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 74(1), pages 23-63.
- Dahlby, B. G., 1983. "Adverse selection and statistical discrimination : An analysis of Canadian automobile insurance," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 121-130, February.
- Picard, Pierre, 1996. "Auditing claims in the insurance market with fraud: The credibility issue," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 27-56, December.
- Marianne Bertrand & Esther Duflo & Sendhil Mullainathan, 2004.
"How Much Should We Trust Differences-In-Differences Estimates?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 119(1), pages 249-275.
- Marianne Bertrand & Esther Duflo & Sendhil Mullainathan, 2002. "How Much Should We Trust Differences-in-Differences Estimates?," NBER Working Papers 8841, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Danzon, Patricia M & Harrington, Scott E, 2001. "Worker's Compensation Rate Regulation: How Price Controls Increase Costs," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(1), pages 1-36, April.
- Cummins, J David & Tennyson, Sharon, 1996. "Moral Hazard in Insurance Claiming: Evidence from Automobile Insurance," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 29-50, January.
- Blackmon, B Glenn, Jr & Zeckhauser, Richard, 1991. "Mispriced Equity: Regulated Rates for Auto Insurance in Massachusetts," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(2), pages 65-69, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martin Eling & David Pankoke, 2016.
"Costs and Benefits of Financial Regulation: An Empirical Assessment for Insurance Companies,"
The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice,
Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 41(4), pages 529-554, October.
- Eling, Martin & Pankoke, David, 2014. "Costs and Benefits of Financial Regulation – An Empirical Assessment for Insurance Companies," Working Papers on Finance 1420, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- repec:eee:joreco:v:34:y:2017:i:c:p:138-144 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dionne, Georges & Harrington, Scott, 2017. "Insurance and Insurance Markets," Working Papers 17-2, HEC Montreal, Canada Research Chair in Risk Management.
- Biener, Christian & Eling, Martin & Schmit, Joan T., 2014.
"Regulation in Microinsurance Markets: Principles, Practice, and Directions for Future Development,"
Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 21-40.
- Biener, Christian & Eling, Martin & Schmit, Joan T., 2013. "Regulation in Microinsurance Markets: Principles, Practice, and Directions for Future Development," Working Papers on Finance 1305, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:rmgtin:v:14:y:2011:i:2:p:173-199. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1098-1616 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.