Modelling different types of automobile insurance fraud behaviour in the Spanish market
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dionne, Georges & Artis, Manuel & Guillen, Montserrat, 1996. "Count data models for a credit scoring system," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 303-325, September.
- J. David Cummins & Sharon Tennyson, 1992. "Controlling Automobile Insurance Costs," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(2), pages 95-115, Spring.
- Dionne, G. & St-Michel, P. & Gibbens, A., 1993. "An Economic Analysis of Insurance Fraud," Cahiers de recherche 93010, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Hausman, Jerry & McFadden, Daniel, 1984.
"Specification Tests for the Multinomial Logit Model,"
Econometric Society, vol. 52(5), pages 1219-1240, September.
- D. McFadden & J. Hausman, 1981. "Specification Tests for the Multinominal Logit Model," Working papers 292, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Picard, Pierre, 1996. "Auditing claims in the insurance market with fraud: The credibility issue," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 27-56, December.
- Belhadji, B. & Dionne, G., 1997. "Development of an Expert System for Automatic Detection of Automobile Insurance Fraud," Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales de Montreal- 97-06, Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales de Montreal-Chaire de gestion des risques..
- Goldberg, Pinelopi Koujianou, 1995. "Product Differentiation and Oligopoly in International Markets: The Case of the U.S. Automobile Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(4), pages 891-951, July.
- Cummins, J David & Tennyson, Sharon, 1996. "Moral Hazard in Insurance Claiming: Evidence from Automobile Insurance," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 29-50, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marcin Owczarczuk & Damian Przekop, 2014. "Accidents of company cars. A full service leasing company’s perspective," Applied Econometrics Papers, Department of Applied Econometrics, Warsaw School of Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 39-63.
- Pulina, Manuela & Paba, Antonello, 2010. "A discrete choice approach to model credit card fraud," MPRA Paper 20019, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:spr:schmbr:v:70:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s41464-017-0041-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Segovia-Gonzalez, M.M. & Guerrero, F.M. & Herranz, P., 2009. "Explaining functional principal component analysis to actuarial science with an example on vehicle insurance," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 278-285, October.
- Viaene, Stijn & Ayuso, Mercedes & Guillen, Montserrat & Van Gheel, Dirk & Dedene, Guido, 2007. "Strategies for detecting fraudulent claims in the automobile insurance industry," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 176(1), pages 565-583, January.
- Jean-Philippe Boucher & Michel Denuit & Montserrat Guillen, 2009. "Number of Accidents or Number of Claims? An Approach with Zero-Inflated Poisson Models for Panel Data," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 76(4), pages 821-846.
- M. Martin Boyer & Jörg Schiller, 2003. "Merging Automobile Insurance Regulatory Bodies: The Case of Atlantic Canada," CIRANO Working Papers 2003s-70, CIRANO.
- Boyer, M. Martin & Schiller, Jörg, 2003. "Merging automobile regulatory bodies: The case of Atlantic Canada," Working Papers on Risk and Insurance 11, University of Hamburg, Institute for Risk and Insurance.
- Bae, Taehan & Kim, Changki & Kulperger, Reginald J., 2009. "Securitization of motor insurance loss rate risks," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 48-58, February.
- Steven B. Caudill & Mercedes Ayuso & Montserrat Guillén, 2005. "Fraud Detection Using a Multinomial Logit Model With Missing Information," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 72(4), pages 539-550.
- GÓMEZ GARCÍA, J.Mª & PELÁEZ FERMOSO, F.J. & y GARCÍA GONZÁLEZ, A., 2005. "Repercusiones del envejecimiento demográfico sobre el sistema público de pensiones en Castilla y León," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 23, pages 235-253, Abril.
- Richard Watt, 2003. "Curtailing Ex-Post Fraud in Risk Sharing Arrangements," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 247-263, September.
- Atwood, Joseph A. & Robinson-Cox, Jim & Shaik, Saleem, 2004. "A Statistical Examination Of Yield Switching Fraud In The Federal Crop Insurance Program," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 19983, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Yufei Jin & Roderick Rejesus & Bertis Little, 2005. "Binary choice models for rare events data: a crop insurance fraud application," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(7), pages 841-848.
- Joseph A. Atwood & James F. Robison-Cox & Saleem Shaik, 2006. "Estimating the Prevalence and Cost of Yield-Switching Fraud in the Federal Crop Insurance Program," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 88(2), pages 365-381.
- Stijn Viaene & Guido Dedene, 2004. "Insurance Fraud: Issues and Challenges," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 29(2), pages 313-333, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:24:y:1999:i:1-2:p:67-81. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.