Strategies for detecting fraudulent claims in the automobile insurance industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bond, Eric W. & Crocker, Keith J., 1997.
"Hardball and the soft touch: The economics of optimal insurance contracts with costly state verification and endogenous monitoring costs,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 239-264, January.
- Bond, E.W. & Crocker, K.J., 1993. "Hardball and the Soft Touch: The Economics of Optimal Insurance Contracts with Costly State Verification and Endogenous Monitoring Costs," Papers 10-93-1b, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Richard Watt, 2003. "Curtailing Ex-Post Fraud in Risk Sharing Arrangements," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 247-263, September.
- Artis, Manuel & Ayuso, Mercedes & Guillen, Montserrat, 1999. "Modelling different types of automobile insurance fraud behaviour in the Spanish market," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 67-81, March.
- G. Dionne & F. Giuliano & P. Picard, 2002. "Optimal auditing for insurance fraud," THEMA Working Papers 2002-32, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Pierre Picard, 2012. "Economic Analysis of Insurance Fraud," Working Papers hal-00725561, HAL.
- Picard, Pierre, 1996. "Auditing claims in the insurance market with fraud: The credibility issue," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 27-56, December.
- El Bachir Belhadji & George Dionne & Faouzi Tarkhani, 2000. "A Model for the Detection of Insurance Fraud*," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 25(4), pages 517-538, October.
- Stijn Viaene & Guido Dedene, 2004. "Insurance Fraud: Issues and Challenges," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 29(2), pages 313-333, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mercedes Ayuso(universitat de Barcelona) & Miguel Santolino(Universitat de Barcelona), 2009. "Individual prediction of automobile bodily injury claims liabilities," Working Papers in Economics 220, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Wang, Xiaofang & Zhuang, Jun, 2011. "Balancing congestion and security in the presence of strategic applicants with private information," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 212(1), pages 100-111, July.
- Jing Ai & Patrick L. Brockett & Linda L. Golden & Montserrat Guillén, 2013. "A Robust Unsupervised Method for Fraud Rate Estimation," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 80(1), pages 121-143, March.
- Ming-Jyh Wang & Chieh-Hua Wen & Lawrence W Lan, 2010. "Modelling Different Types of Bundled Automobile Insurance Choice Behaviour: The Case of Taiwan*," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 35(2), pages 290-308, April.
- Lessmann, Stefan & Voß, Stefan, 2009. "A reference model for customer-centric data mining with support vector machines," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 199(2), pages 520-530, December.
- Urbina, Jilber & Guillén, Montserrat, 2013.
"An application of capital allocation principles to operational risk,"
2072/222201, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Urbina, Jilber & Guillén, Montserrat, 2013. "An application of capital allocation principles to operational risk," MPRA Paper 75726, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Dec 2013.
- Samuel Antwi & Xicang Zhao, 2012. "National Health Insurance; Claims; Logistic Regression;Odds Ratio; Ghana," International Journal of Business and Social Research, MIR Center for Socio-Economic Research, vol. 2(7), pages 139-147, December.
- repec:spr:grdene:v:21:y:2012:i:5:d:10.1007_s10726-011-9241-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Katja Müller & Hato Schmeiser & Joël Wagner, 2016. "The impact of auditing strategies on insurers’ profitability," Journal of Risk Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 17(1), pages 46-79, January.
- Bermúdez, Ll. & Pérez, J.M. & Ayuso, M. & Gómez, E. & Vázquez, F.J., 2008. "A Bayesian dichotomous model with asymmetric link for fraud in insurance," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 779-786, April.
- Mercedes Ayuso & Miguel Santolino, 2008. "Forecasting the maximum compensation offer in the automobile BI claims negotiation proces," IREA Working Papers 200807, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised May 2008.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:176:y:2007:i:1:p:565-583. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.