Moral Hazard in Insurance Claiming: Evidence from Automobile Insurance
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Richard A. Derrig & Sharon Tennyson, 2011. "The Impact of Rate Regulation on Claims: Evidence From Massachusetts Automobile Insurance," Risk Management and Insurance Review, American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 14(2), pages 173-199, September.
- Hyojoung Kim & Doyoung Kim & Subin Im & James W. Hardin, 2009. "Evidence of Asymmetric Information in the Automobile Insurance Market: Dichotomous Versus Multinomial Measurement of Insurance Coverage," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 76(2), pages 343-366.
- Dionne, Georges & Gagne, Robert, 2002.
"Replacement Cost Endorsement and Opportunistic Fraud in Automobile Insurance,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 213-230, May.
- G. Dionne & R. Gagné, 2000. "Replacement Cost Endorsement and Opportunistic Fraud in Automobile Insurance," THEMA Working Papers 2000-06, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Dionne, G. & Gagne, R., 2000. "Replacement Cost Endorsement and Opportunitic Fraud in Automobile Insurance," Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales de Montreal- 00-01, Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales de Montreal-Chaire de gestion des risques..
- Sharon Tennyson, 2007. "Efficiency Consequences of Rate Regulation in Insurance Markets," NFI Policy Briefs 2007-PB-03, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
- Cohen Alma, 2006. "The Disadvantages of Aggregate Deductibles," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 1-28, April.
- Helen I. Doerpinghaus & Joan T. Schmit & Jason Jia-Hsing Yeh, 2008. "Age and Gender Effects on Auto Liability Insurance Payouts," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 75(3), pages 527-550.
- Lammers, Frauke & Schiller, Jörg, 2010. "Contract design and insurance fraud: An experimental investigation," FZID Discussion Papers 19-2010, University of Hohenheim, Center for Research on Innovation and Services (FZID).
- repec:bla:jrinsu:v:84:y:2017:i:1:p:7-34 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bixter, Michael T. & Luhmann, Christian C., 2014. "Shared losses reduce sensitivity to risk: A laboratory study of moral hazard," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 63-73.
- Nathalie Etchart-Vincent, 2009.
"Probability weighting and the ‘level’ and ‘spacing’ of outcomes: An experimental study over losses,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 45-63, August.
- Nathalie Etchart-Vincent, 2009. "Probability weighting and the 'level' and 'spacing' of outcomes: An experimental study over losses," Post-Print hal-00395876, HAL.
- Dana A. Kerr & Yu-Luen Ma & Joan T. Schmit, 2009. "A Cross-National Study of Government Social Insurance as an Alternative to Tort Liability Compensation," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 76(2), pages 367-384.
- M. Martin Boyer, 2000. "Centralizing Insurance Fraud Investigation*," The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics (The Geneva Association), vol. 25(2), pages 159-178, December.
- Chu-Shiu Li & Chwen-Chi Liu & Sheng-Chang Peng, 2013. "Expiration Dates in Automobile Insurance Contracts: The Curious Case of Last Policy Month Claims in Taiwan," The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics (The Geneva Association), vol. 38(1), pages 23-47, March.
- Cummins, J David & Phillips, Richard D & Weiss, Mary A, 2001.
"The Incentive Effects of No-Fault Automobile Insurance,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(2), pages 427-464, October.
- J. David Cummins & Mary A. Weiss & Richard D. Phillips, 1999. "The Incentive Effects of No Fault Automobile Insurance," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 99-38, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Robert E. Hoyt & David B. Mustard & Lars S. Powell, 2005. "The Effectiveness of Insurance Fraud Statutues: Evidence from Automobile Insurance," Risk and Insurance 0501001, EconWPA.
- Georges Dionne, 2012. "The Empirical Measure of Information Problems with Emphasis on Insurance Fraud and Dynamic Data," Cahiers de recherche 1233, CIRPEE.
- Artis, Manuel & Ayuso, Mercedes & Guillen, Montserrat, 1999. "Modelling different types of automobile insurance fraud behaviour in the Spanish market," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 67-81, March.
- Sjur Didrik Flåm & Elmar G. Wolfstetter, 2015. "Liability Insurance and Choice of Cars: A Large Game Approach," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 17(6), pages 943-963, December.
- Øyvind Kvalnes, 2011. "Blurred Promises: Ethical Consequences of Fine Print Policies in Insurance," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 103(1), pages 77-86, April.
- repec:eee:pubeco:v:151:y:2017:i:c:p:1-11 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chong, Alberto & Restrepo, Pascual, 2017.
"Regulatory protective measures and risky behavior: Evidence from ice hockey,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 151(C), pages 1-11.
- Alberto Chong & Pascual Restrepo, 2017. "Regulatory Protective Measures and Risky Behavior: Evidence from Ice Hockey," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1704, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Mark J. Browne & Ellen S. Pryor & Bob Puelz, 2004. "The Effect of Bad-Faith Laws on First-Party Insurance Claims Decisions," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(2), pages 355-390, June.
- Mary A. Weiss & Sharon Tennyson & Laureen Regan, 2010. "The Effects of Regulated Premium Subsidies on Insurance Costs: An Empirical Analysis of Automobile Insurance," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 77(3), pages 597-624.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jrisku:v:12:y:1996:i:1:p:29-50. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.