From Circle of Poison to Circle of Virtue: Pesticides, Export Standards and Kenya's Green Bean Farmers
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- John Strauss & Duncan Thomas, 1998. "Health, Nutrition, and Economic Development," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(2), pages 766-817, June.
- Wilson, Clevo & Tisdell, Clem, 2001.
"Why farmers continue to use pesticides despite environmental, health and sustainability costs,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 449-462, December.
- Wilson, Clevo & Tisdell, Clement A., 2000. "Why farmers continue to use pesticides despite environmental health and sustainability costs," Economics, Ecology and Environment Working Papers 48363, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
- Terrance M. Hurley & James B. Kliebenstein & Peter F. Orazem, 2000.
"An Analysis of Occupational Health in Pork Production,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(2), pages 323-333.
- Hurley, Terrance M. & Kliebenstein, James B. & Orazem, Peter, 1996. "An Analysis of Occupational Health in Pork Production," ISU General Staff Papers 199612010800001283, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Terrance M. HURLEY & James Kliebenstein & Peter F. ORAZEM, 1996. "An Analysis Of Occupational Health In Pork Production," Staff Papers 284, Iowa State University Department of Economics.
- Hurley, Terrance M. & Kliebenstein, James & Orazem, Peter, 2000. "An Analysis of Occupational Health in Pork Production," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1843, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- repec:oup:revage:v:29:y:2007:i:2:p:269-285. is not listed on IDEAS
- John M. Antle & Susan M. Capalbo, 1994. "Pesticides, Productivity, and Farmer Health: Implications for Regulatory Policy and Agricultural Research," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 76(3), pages 598-602.
- Carolyn R. Harper & David Zilberman, 1992. "Pesticides and Worker Safety," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 74(1), pages 68-78.
- Freidberg, Susanne, 2004. "French Beans and Food Scares: Culture and Commerce in an Anxious Age," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195169614, June.
- Maumbe, Blessing M. & Swinton, Scott M., 2003. "Hidden health costs of pesticide use in Zimbabwe's smallholder cotton growers," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 57(9), pages 1559-1571, November.
- World Bank, 2005. "Food Safety and Agricultural Health Standards : Challenges and Opportunities for Developing Country Exports," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8491, The World Bank.
- John M. Antle & Prabhu L. Pingali, 1994. "Pesticides, Productivity, and Farmer Health: A Philippine Case Study," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 76(3), pages 418-430.
- Julius J. Okello & Scott M. Swinton, 2007. "Compliance with International Food Safety Standards in Kenya's Green Bean Industry: Comparison of a Small- and a Large-scale Farm Producing for Export," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 29(2), pages 269-285.
- George E. Battese, 1997. "A Note On The Estimation Of Cobb-Douglas Production Functions When Some Explanatory Variables Have Zero Values," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(1-3), pages 250-252.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schreinemachers, Pepijn & Tipraqsa, Prasnee, 2012. "Agricultural pesticides and land use intensification in high, middle and low income countries," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 616-626.
- Minor, Travis & Parrett, Matt, 2017. "The economic impact of the Food and Drug Administration’s Final Juice HACCP Rule," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 206-213.
- Otieno, Zipora & Okello, Julius J. & Nyikal, Rose & Mwang'ombe, Agnes & Clavel, Daniele, 2011. "The role of varietal traits in the adoption of improved dryland crop varieties: The case of pigeon pea in Kenya," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 6(2), September.
- Pepijn Schreinemachers & Iven Schad & Prasnee Tipraqsa & Pakakrong Williams & Andreas Neef & Suthathip Riwthong & Walaya Sangchan & Christian Grovermann, 2012. "Can public GAP standards reduce agricultural pesticide use? The case of fruit and vegetable farming in northern Thailand," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 29(4), pages 519-529, December.
- Lagerkvist, Carl Johan & Hess, Sebastian & Okello, Julius & Hansson, Helena & Karanja, Nancy, 2013. "Food health risk perceptions among consumers, farmers, and traders of leafy vegetables in Nairobi," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 92-104.
- Ngigi, Marther W. & Okello, Julius Juma & Lagerkvist, Carl Johan & Karanja, Nancy & Mburu, John G., 2010. "Assessment of developing-country urban consumers’ willingness to pay for quality of leafy vegetables: The case of middle and high income consumers in Nairobi, Kenya," 2010 AAAE Third Conference/AEASA 48th Conference, September 19-23, 2010, Cape Town, South Africa 96191, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE);Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA).
- Johann, Kirsten & Mapila, Mariam & Okello, Julius J. & De, Sourovi, 2013. "Managing Agricultural Commercialization for Inclusive Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers 206518, University of Pretoria, Department of Agricultural Economics, Extension and Rural Development.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jageco:v:61:y:2010:i:2:p:209-224. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0021-857X .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.