Determinants of health costs due to farmers’ exposure to pesticides: an empirical analysis
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Wasantha Athukorala & Clevo Wilson & Tim Robinson, 2012. "Determinants of Health Costs due to Farmers’ Exposure to Pesticides: An Empirical Analysis," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(1), pages 158-174, February.
References listed on IDEAS
- Seo, Sung-No Niggol & Mendelsohn, Robert & Munasinghe, Mohan, 2005. "Climate change and agriculture in Sri Lanka: a Ricardian valuation," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(05), pages 581-596, October.
- Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Pinheiro, António E., 1993.
"Efficiency Analysis of Developing Country Agriculture: A Review of the Frontier Function Literature,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(01), pages 88-101, April.
- Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Pinheiro, Antonio E., 1993. "Efficiency Analysis Of Developing Country Agriculture: A Review Of The Frontier Function Literature," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 22(1), April.
- Corwin, Dennis L. & Rhoades, James D. & Simunek, Jirka, 2007. "Leaching requirement for soil salinity control: Steady-state versus transient models," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 165-180, June.
- Brown, Gardner, Jr, 1974. "An Optimal Program for Managing Common Property Resources with Congestion Externalities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 163-173, Jan.-Feb..
- Rubio, Santiago J. & Casino, Begona, 2001. "Competitive versus efficient extraction of a common property resource: The groundwater case," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 25(8), pages 1117-1137, August.
- Wichelns, Dennis, 1999. "An economic model of waterlogging and salinization in arid regions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 475-491, September.
- Fleming, R. A. & Adams, R. M., 1997. "The Importance of Site-Specific Information in the Design of Policies to Control Pollution," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 347-358, July.
- Khan, Shahbaz & Rana, Tariq & Hanjra, Munir A. & Zirilli, John, 2009. "Water markets and soil salinity nexus: Can minimum irrigation intensities address the issue?," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 96(3), pages 493-503, March.
- Diwakara, H. & Chandrakanth, M.G., 2007. "Beating negative externality through groundwater recharge in India: a resource economic analysis," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(02), pages 271-296, April.
- Hellegers, Petra & Zilberman, David & van Ierland, Ekko, 2001. "Dynamics of agricultural groundwater extraction," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 303-311, May.
- Battese, George E., 1992. "Frontier production functions and technical efficiency: a survey of empirical applications in agricultural economics," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 7(3-4), pages 185-208, October.
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-332.
- Conyers, M.K. & Hume, I. & Summerell, G. & Slinger, D. & Mitchell, M. & Cawley, R., 2008. "The ionic composition of the streams of the mid-Murrumbidgee River: Implications for the management of downstream salinity," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 95(5), pages 598-606, May.
- Srinivasan, Jeena T. & Reddy, V. Ratna, 2009. "Impact of irrigation water quality on human health: A case study in India," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(11), pages 2800-2807, September.
- Kikuchi, M. & Weligamage, P. & Barker, R. & Samad, M. & Kono, H. & Somaratne, H. M., 2003. "Agro-well and pump diffusion in the dry zone of Sri Lanka: Past trends, present status and future prospects," IWMI Research Reports H032520, International Water Management Institute.
- Donna J. Lee & Richard E. Howitt, 1996. "Modeling Regional Agricultural Production and Salinity Control Alternatives for Water Quality Policy Analysis," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(1), pages 41-53.
- Stevenson, Rodney E., 1980. "Likelihood functions for generalized stochastic frontier estimation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 57-66, May.
- Battese, George E. & Coelli, Tim J., 1988. "Prediction of firm-level technical efficiencies with a generalized frontier production function and panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 387-399, July.
- Howe, Charles W., 2002. "Policy issues and institutional impediments in the management of groundwater: lessons from case studies," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(04), pages 625-641, October.
- Provencher Bill & Burt Oscar, 1993. "The Externalities Associated with the Common Property Exploitation of Groundwater," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 139-158, March.
- Shiferaw, Bekele & Reddy, V. Ratna & Wani, Suhas P., 2008. "Watershed externalities, shifting cropping patterns and groundwater depletion in Indian semi-arid villages: The effect of alternative water pricing policies," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 327-340, September.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Battese, George E., 1992. "Frontier production functions and technical efficiency: a survey of empirical applications in agricultural economics," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 7(3-4), October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhang, Ruojin, 2016. "The Effects of Residue Tolerance on Pesticide Use, Hop Marketing and Social Welfare," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235155, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- repec:eee:ecanpo:v:55:y:2017:i:c:p:25-34 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsPesticides; agriculture; cost of illness; Sri Lanka;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-03-21 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-03-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2012-03-21 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qut:dpaper:278. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angela Fletcher). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sequtau.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .