Working Paper 234 - The Unintended Consequences of Agricultural Input Intensification: Human Health Implications of Agro-chemical use in Sub-Saharan Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Johnson & Peter Hazell & Ashok Gulati, 2003. "The Role of Intermediate Factor Markets in Asia's Green Revolution: Lessons for Africa?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1211-1216.
- Palacios-Lopez, Amparo & Christiaensen, Luc & Kilic, Talip, 2017.
"How much of the labor in African agriculture is provided by women?,"
Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 52-63.
- Palacios-Lopez,Amparo & Christiaensen,Luc & Kilic,Talip, 2015. "How much of the labor in African agriculture is provided by women ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7282, The World Bank.
- Nadja Stadlinger & Aviti Mmochi & Sonja Dobo & Emma Gyllbäck & Linda Kumblad, 2011. "Pesticide use among smallholder rice farmers in Tanzania," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 641-656, June.
- John M. Antle & Prabhu L. Pingali, 1994. "Pesticides, Productivity, and Farmer Health: A Philippine Case Study," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 76(3), pages 418-430.
- Susmita Dasgupta & Craig Meisner & Mainul Huq, 2007. "A Pinch or a Pint? Evidence of Pesticide Overuse in Bangladesh," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(1), pages 91-114, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tamru, Seneshaw & Minten, Bart & Alemu, Dawit & Bachewe, Fantu Nisrane, 2016. "The rapid expansion of herbicide use in smallholder agriculture in Ethiopia: Patterns, drivers, and implications," ESSP working papers 94, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- repec:pal:eurjdr:v:29:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1057_s41287-017-0076-5 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2016-10-02 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2016-10-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2016-10-02 (Development)
- NEP-HEA-2016-10-02 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:adb:adbwps:2329. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adeleke Oluwole Salami). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/afdbgci.html .