Space, Time, and Local Employment Growth: An Application of Spatial Regression Analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard Florida, 2002. "Bohemia and economic geography," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 2(1), pages 55-71, January.
- David Wheeler & Michael Tiefelsdorf, 2005. "Multicollinearity and correlation among local regression coefficients in geographically weighted regression," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 161-187, June.
- Ann Markusen, 2003.
"Fuzzy Concepts, Scanty Evidence, Policy Distance: The Case for Rigour and Policy Relevance in Critical Regional Studies,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(6-7), pages 701-717.
- Ann Markusen, 1999. "Fuzzy Concepts, Scanty Evidence, Policy Distance: The Case for Rigour and Policy Relevance in Critical Regional Studies," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(9), pages 869-884.
- Richard Shearmur & Mario Polese, 2007. "Do Local Factors Explain Local Employment Growth? Evidence from Canada, 1971-2001," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(4), pages 453-471.
- Michael E. Porter, 1996. "Competitive Advantage, Agglomeration Economies, and Regional Policy," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 19(1-2), pages 85-90, April.
- Yefang Huang & Yee Leung, 2002. "Analysing regional industrialisation in Jiangsu province using geographically weighted regression," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 233-249, June.
- L J Philip, 1998. "Combining quantitative and qualitative approaches to social research in human geography -- an impossible mixture?," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 30(2), pages 261-276, February.
- Henderson, J. Vernon, 2003. "Marshall's scale economies," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 1-28, January.
- Partridge, Mark D. & Rickman, Dan S., 2005. "Persistent Pockets Of Extreme American Poverty: People Or Place Based?," Working Papers 18907, Oregon State University, Rural Poverty Research Center (RPRC).
- Ron Martin & Peter Tyler, 2000. "Regional Employment Evolutions in the European Union: A Preliminary Analysis," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(7), pages 601-616, October.
- Ann Markusen, 1996. "Interaction between Regional and Industrial Policies: Evidence from Four Countries," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 19(1-2), pages 49-77, April.
- John M. Quigley, 1998. "Urban Diversity and Economic Growth," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(2), pages 127-138, Spring.
- Romer, Paul M., 1990. "Human capital and growth: Theory and evidence," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 251-286, January.
- Donald R. Davis & David E. Weinstein, 2002.
"Bones, Bombs, and Break Points: The Geography of Economic Activity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1269-1289, December.
- Donald R. Davis & David E. Weinstein, 2001. "Bones, Bombs and Break Points: The Geography of Economic Activity," NBER Working Papers 8517, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Beckstead, Desmond & Brown, W. Mark, 2003. "From Labrador City to Toronto: The Industrial Diversity of Canadian Cities, 1992 to 2002," Insights on the Canadian Economy 2003003e, Statistics Canada, Economic Analysis Division.
- James, Sara-Beth & Ilvento, Thomas W. & Hastings, Steven E., 2002. "The Effect Of Local Economic Development Policy On Employment Growth In Rural Counties In The Mid-Atlantic Region," Staff Papers 15831, University of Delaware, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jean Bonnet & Sébastien Bourdin & Fatten Gazzah, 2017.
"The entrepreuneurial context, a factor of Economic Growth in the Europe Union? A GWR analysis on the EU Regions,"
- Jean Bonnet & Sébastien Bourdin & Fatten Gazzah, 2017. "The entrepreuneurial context, a factor of Economic Growth in the Europe Union? A GWR Analysis on the EU Regions," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 2017-09, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Ziying Jiang & Bo Xu, 2014. "Geographically weighted regression analysis of the spatially varying relationship between farming viability and contributing factors in Ohio," Regional Science Policy & Practice, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(1), pages 69-83, March.
- Yonghua Zou, 2015. "Re-examining the Neighborhood Distribution of Higher Priced Mortgage Lending: Global versus Local Methods," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(4), pages 654-674, December.
- Jean-Pierre Huiban, 2009. "Urban versus Rural Firms: Does Location Affect Labor Demand?," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(4), pages 649-672.
- Mohamed Amara & Mohamed Ayadi, 2011. "Local Employment Growth in the Coastal Area of Tunisia: A Dynamic Spatial Panel Approach," Working Papers 650, Economic Research Forum, revised 12 Jan 2011.
- Diana GutiÃ©rrez-Posada & Fernando Rubiera-Morollon & Ana ViÃ±uela, 2017. "Heterogeneity in the Determinants of Population Growth at the Local Level," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 40(3), pages 211-240, May.
- Katharina Pijnenburg, 2013. "Self-Employment and Economic Performance: A Geographically Weighted Regression Approach for European Regions," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1272, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Jean Dubé & Mario Polèse, 2016. "The view from a lucky country: explaining the localised unemployment impacts of the Great Recession in Canada," Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 9(1), pages 235-253.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:growch:v:38:y:2007:i:4:p:696-722. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0017-4815 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.