Commodity Spot Prices: An Exploratory Assessment of Market Structure and Forward‐Trading Effects
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jan J. J. Groen & Paolo A. Pesenti, 2011.
"Commodity Prices, Commodity Currencies, and Global Economic Developments,"
NBER Chapters, in: Commodity Prices and Markets, pages 15-42,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paolo Pesenti & Jan J. J. Groen, 2009. "Commodity prices, commodity currencies, and global economic developments," Staff Reports 387, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Groen, Jan J. J. & Pesenti, Paolo, 2010. "Commodity prices, commodity currencies, and global economic developments," CEPR Discussion Papers 7689, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jan J. J. Groen & Paolo A. Pesenti, 2010. "Commodity prices, commodity currencies, and global economic developments," NBER Working Papers 15743, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paolo A. Pesenti & Jan J.J. Groen, 2011. "Commodity prices, commodity currencies, and global economic developments," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 440, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Alexander Steinmetz, 2010. "Price and Inventory Dynamics in an Oligopoly Industry: A Framework for Commodity Markets," Working Papers 092, Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics (BGPE).
- David P. Brown & Andrew Eckert, 2018.
"Analyzing the Impact of Electricity Market Structure Changes and Mergers: The Importance of Forward Commitments,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 52(1), pages 101-137, February.
- Brown, David P. & Eckert, Andrew, 2016. "Analyzing the Impact of Electricity Market Structure Changes and Mergers: The Importance of Forward Commitments," Working Papers 2016-8, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Stuermer, Martin, 2018.
"150 Years Of Boom And Bust: What Drives Mineral Commodity Prices?,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(3), pages 702-717, April.
- Stuermer, Martin, 2013. "150 Years of Boom and Bust: What Drives Mineral Commodity Prices?," MPRA Paper 51859, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Martin Stuermer, 2014. "150 years of boom and bust: what drives mineral commodity prices?," Working Papers 1414, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, revised 12 Dec 2014.
- Martin Stürmer, 2013. "150 Years of Boom and Bust: What Drives Mineral Commodity Prices?," 2013 Papers pst529, Job Market Papers.
- Stürmer, Martin, 2013. "150 years of boom and bust: what drives mineral commodity prices?," Discussion Papers 5/2013, German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE).
- Manel Antelo & LluÃs Bru, 2018. "Option Contracts in a Vertical Industry," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 86(4), pages 533-557, July.
- Steinmetz, Alexander, 2010. "Price and inventory dynamics in an oligopoly industry: A framework for commodity markets," W.E.P. - Würzburg Economic Papers 82, University of Würzburg, Chair for Monetary Policy and International Economics.
- repec:ddj:fserec:y:2012:p:31-34 is not listed on IDEAS
- Oladunjoye, Olusegun, 2008. "Market structure and price adjustment in the U.S. wholesale gasoline markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 937-961, May.
- Abhijit Sharma & Kelvin G Balcombe & Iain M Fraser, 2009.
"Non-renewable resource prices: Structural breaks and long term trends,"
AccessEcon, vol. 29(2), pages 805-819.
- Sharma, Abhijit & Balcombe, Kelvin & Fraser, Iain, 2009. "Non-renewable Resource Prices: Structural Breaks and Long Term Trends," MPRA Paper 16948, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Joris Pinkse & Margaret Slade & Lihong Shen, 2006. "Dynamic Spatial Discrete Choice Using One-step GMM: An Application to Mine Operating Decisions," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 53-99.
- Pankaj Kumar GUPTA & Sunita RAVI, 2012. "Commodity Market Inefficiencies and Inflationary Pressures - India’s Economic Policy Dilemma," Risk in Contemporary Economy, "Dunarea de Jos" University of Galati, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, pages 31-38.
- Cinquegrana, Piero, 2008. "The Need for Transparency in Commodity and Commodity Derivatives Markets," ECMI Papers 1589, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Karali, Berna & Ramirez, Octavio A., 2014. "Macro determinants of volatility and volatility spillover in energy markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 413-421.
- Álvarez-Uribe, Karla C. & Arango-Aramburo, Santiago & Larsen, Erik R., 2018. "Forward contracts in electricity markets and capacity investment: A simulation study," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 1-10.
- Green, Richard & Le Coq, Chloé, 2010. "The length of contracts and collusion," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 21-29, January.
- Mitsuru Igami, 2015. "Market Power in International Commodity Trade: The Case of Coffee," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(2), pages 225-248, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:econom:v:73:y:2006:i:290:p:229-256. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsepsuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.