Examining the Structure of Opportunity and Social Mobility in India: Who Becomes an Engineer?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Samuel Bowles & Herbert Gintis, 2002. "The Inheritance of Inequality," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(3), pages 3-30, Summer.
- Bertrand, Marianne & Hanna, Rema & Mullainathan, Sendhil, 2010.
"Affirmative action in education: Evidence from engineering college admissions in India,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 94(1-2), pages 16-29, February.
- Marianne Bertrand & Rema Hanna & Sendhil Mullainathan, 2008. "Affirmative Action in Education: Evidence From Engineering College Admissions in India," NBER Working Papers 13926, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nazmul Chaudhury & Jeffrey Hammer & Michael Kremer & Karthik Muralidharan & F. Halsey Rogers, 2006. "Missing in Action: Teacher and Health Worker Absence in Developing Countries," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(1), pages 91-116, Winter.
- Asadullah, M. Niaz & Yalonetzky, Gaston, 2012.
"Inequality of Educational Opportunity in India: Changes Over Time and Across States,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 1151-1163.
- Asadullah, Niaz & Yalonetzky, Gaston, 2010. "Inequality of Educational Opportunity in India: Changes over Time and across States," IZA Discussion Papers 5146, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gaston Yalonetzky & M. Niaz Asadullah, 2016. "Inequality of Educational Opportunity in India: Changes over Time and across States," Working Papers id:8845, eSocialSciences.
- Corak,Miles (ed.), 2004. "Generational Income Mobility in North America and Europe," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521827607, October.
- James J. Heckman, 2011.
"The American Family in Black and White: A Post-Racial Strategy for Improving Skills to Promote Equality,"
NBER Working Papers
16841, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Heckman, James J., 2011. "The American Family in Black and White: A Post-Racial Strategy for Improving Skills to Promote Equality," IZA Discussion Papers 5495, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Robert Erikson & John H. Goldthorpe, 2002. "Intergenerational Inequality: A Sociological Perspective," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(3), pages 31-44, Summer.
- Gary Solon, 2002. "Cross-Country Differences in Intergenerational Earnings Mobility," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(3), pages 59-66, Summer.
- Deshpande, Ashwani, 2011. "The Grammar of Caste: Economic Discrimination in Contemporary India," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198072034.
- Emran, M. Shahe & Shilpi, Forhad, 2015.
"Gender, Geography, and Generations: Intergenerational Educational Mobility in Post-Reform India,"
Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 362-380.
- Emran, M. Shahe & Shilpi, Forhad, 2012. "Gender, geography and generations : intergenerational educational mobility in post-reform India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6055, The World Bank.
- Emran, M. Shahe & Shilpi, Forhad, 2014. "Gender, Geography and Generations: Intergenerational Educational Mobility in Post-reform India," MPRA Paper 58316, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Majumder, Rajarshi, 2010. "Intergenerational mobility in educational & occupational attainment: a comparative study of social classes in India," MPRA Paper 40939, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:devchg:v:45:y:2014:i:1:p:1-28. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0012-155X .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.