The American Family in Black and White: A Post-Racial Strategy for Improving Skills to Promote Equality
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Heckman, James J., 2011. "The American Family in Black and White: A Post-Racial Strategy for Improving Skills to Promote Equality," IZA Discussion Papers 5495, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rasmus Landersø & James J. Heckman, 2017.
"The Scandinavian Fantasy: The Sources of Intergenerational Mobility in Denmark and the US,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 119(1), pages 178-230, January.
- Rasmus Landersø & James J. Heckman, 2016. "The Scandinavian Fantasy: The Sources of Intergenerational Mobility in Denmark and the U.S," NBER Working Papers 22465, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Landerso, Rasmus & Heckman, James J., 2016. "The Scandinavian Fantasy: The Sources of Intergenerational Mobility in Denmark and the U.S," IZA Discussion Papers 10000, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rasmus Landerso & James J. Heckman, 2016. "The Scandinavian Fantasy: The Sources of Intergenerational Mobility in Denmark and the U.S," Working Papers 2016-017, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Anger, Silke & Camehl, Georg & Peter , Frauke H., 2016. "Job Loss and Changes in Personality - Evidence from Plant Closures," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145940, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Esteban Aucejo & Jonathan James, 2017. "Catching Up to Girls: Understanding the Gender Imbalance in Educational Attainment Within Race," Working Papers 1701, California Polytechnic State University, Department of Economics.
- Frijters, Paul & Johnston, David W. & Shields, Michael A., 2011. "Destined for (Un)Happiness: Does Childhood Predict Adult Life Satisfaction?," IZA Discussion Papers 5819, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Marco Tonello, 2011. "Mechanisms of peer interactions between native and non-native students: rejection or integration?," Working Papers 2011/21, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Doyle, William R. & Skinner, Benjamin T., 2016. "Estimating the education-earnings equation using geographic variation," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 254-267.
- Marco Tonello, 2016. "Peer effects of non-native students on natives’ educational outcomes: mechanisms and evidence," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 51(1), pages 383-414, August.
- repec:spr:demogr:v:54:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s13524-017-0568-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sandner, Malte, 2013. "Effects of Early Childhood Intervention on Child Development and Early Skill Formation. Evidence from a Randomized Controlled Trial," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-518, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Elkins, Rosemary & Schurer, Stefanie, 2018. "Exploring the Role of Fathers in Non-Cognitive Skill Development over the Lifecourse," IZA Discussion Papers 11451, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Zhen Zeng & Yu Xie, 2014. "The Effects of Grandparents on Children’s Schooling: Evidence From Rural China," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 51(2), pages 599-617, April.
- Giambona, Francesca & Porcu, Mariano, 2015. "Student background determinants of reading achievement in Italy. A quantile regression analysis," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 95-107.
- Anirudh Krishna, 2014. "Examining the Structure of Opportunity and Social Mobility in India: Who Becomes an Engineer?," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 45(1), pages 1-28, January.
- Anger, Silke & Camehl, Georg & Peter, Frauke, 2017.
"Involuntary job loss and changes in personality traits,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 71-91.
- Anger, Silke & Camehl, Georg & Peter, Frauke, 2017. "Involuntary Job Loss and Changes in Personality Traits," IZA Discussion Papers 10561, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Barry T. Hirsch & John V. Winters, 2014. "An Anatomy Of Racial and Ethnic Trends in Male Earnings in the U.S," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 60(4), pages 930-947, December.
- Ariel Kalil & Rebecca Ryan & Michael Corey, 2012. "Diverging Destinies: Maternal Education and the Developmental Gradient in Time With Children," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 49(4), pages 1361-1383, November.
- Schurer, Stefanie & Trajkovski, Kristian, 2018. "Understanding the Mechanisms through Which Adverse Childhood Experiences Affect Lifetime Economic Outcomes," IZA Discussion Papers 11450, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gábor Kertesi & Gábor Kézdi, 2016.
"On the test score gap between Roma and non-Roma students in Hungary and its potential causes,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 24(1), pages 135-162, January.
- Gabor Kertesi & Gabor Kezdi, 2014. "On the test score gap between Roma and non-Roma students in Hungary and its potential causes," Budapest Working Papers on the Labour Market 1401, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Vincent Corluy & Gerlinde Verbist, 2014. "Can education bridge the gap? Education and the employment position of immigrants in Belgium," ImPRovE Working Papers 14/02, Herman Deleeck Centre for Social Policy, University of Antwerp.
More about this item
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:16841. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.