The Greek Public Sector Wage Premium before the Crisis: Size, Selection and Relative Valuation of Characteristics
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Christofides, Louis N. & Pashardes, Panos, 2002. "Self/paid-employment, public/private sector selection, and wage differentials," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(6), pages 737-762, December.
- Evangelia Papapetrou, 2006. "The Public-Private Sector Pay Differential in Greece," Public Finance Review, , vol. 34(4), pages 450-473, July.
- Hugo Ñopo, 2008. "Matching as a Tool to Decompose Wage Gaps," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 90(2), pages 290-299, May.
- Huber, Martin & Melly, Blaise, 2011. "Quantile Regression in the Presence of Sample Selection," Economics Working Paper Series 1109, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Elder, Todd E. & Goddeeris, John H. & Haider, Steven J., 2010.
"Unexplained gaps and Oaxaca-Blinder decompositions,"
Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 284-290, January.
- Todd E. Elder & John H. Goddeeris & Steven J. Haider, 2009. "Unexplained Gaps and Oaxaca-Blinder Decompositions," CEPR Discussion Papers 600, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Elder, Todd E. & Goddeeris, John H. & Haider, Steven J., 2009. "Unexplained Gaps and Oaxaca-Blinder Decompositions," IZA Discussion Papers 4159, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gimpelson, Vladimir & Lukiyanova, Anna, 2009. "Are Public Sector Workers Underpaid in Russia? Estimating the Public-Private Wage Gap," IZA Discussion Papers 3941, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Evangelia Papapetrou, 2006. "The unequal distribution of the public-private sector wage gap in Greece: evidence from quantile regression," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(4), pages 205-210.
- Oaxaca, Ronald, 1973. "Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(3), pages 693-709, October.
- Mueller, Richard E., 1998. "Public-private sector wage differentials in Canada: evidence from quantile regressions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 229-235, August.
- Michael Lokshin & Zurab Sajaia, 2004. "Maximum likelihood estimation of endogenous switching regression models," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 4(3), pages 282-289, September.
- Bender, Keith A, 1998. " The Central Government-Private Sector Wage Differential," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(2), pages 177-220, April.
- Claudio Lucifora & Dominique Meurs, 2006.
"The Public Sector Pay Gap In France, Great Britain And Italy,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 52(1), pages 43-59, March.
- Lucifora, Claudio & Meurs, Dominique, 2004. "The Public Sector Pay Gap in France, Great Britain and Italy," IZA Discussion Papers 1041, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lucifora C. & Meurs D., 2004. "The Public Sector Pay Gap in France, Great Britain and Italy," Working Papers ERMES 0403, ERMES, University Paris 2.
- Claudio Lucifora & Dominique Meurs, 2004. "The Public Sector Pay Gap in France, Great Britain and Italy," CHILD Working Papers wp04_04, CHILD - Centre for Household, Income, Labour and Demographic economics - ITALY.
- Manos Matsaganis, 2007. "Union Structures and Pension Outcomes in Greece," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 45(3), pages 537-555, September.
- Maria Manuel Campos & Mário Centeno, 2011.
"Public-private wage gaps in the period prior to the adoption of the euro: an application based on longitudinal data,"
Economic Bulletin and Financial Stability Report Articles,
Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Maria Manuel Campos & Mário Centeno, 2012. "Public-private wage gaps in the period prior to the adoption of the euro: an application based on longitudinal data," Working Papers w201201, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Christofides, Louis N, et al, 2003. "Recent Two-Stage Sample Selection Procedures with an Application to the Gender Wage Gap," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 21(3), pages 396-405, July.
- Pérez, Javier J. & Giordano, Raffaela & Depalo, Domenico & Coutinho Pereira, Manuel & Eugène, Bruno & Papapetrou, Evangelia & Reiss, Lukas & Roter, Mojca, 2011. "The public sector pay gap in a selection of Euro area countries," Working Paper Series 1406, European Central Bank.
- David Neumark, 1988.
"Employers' Discriminatory Behavior and the Estimation of Wage Discrimination,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 23(3), pages 279-295.
- David Neumark, 1987. "Employers' discriminatory behavior and the estimation of wage discrimination," Special Studies Papers 227, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Halvorsen, Robert & Palmquist, Raymond, 1980. "The Interpretation of Dummy Variables in Semilogarithmic Equations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 474-475, June.
- Alan S. Blinder, 1973. "Wage Discrimination: Reduced Form and Structural Estimates," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 8(4), pages 436-455.
- Costas Kanellopoulos, 1997. "Public-private wage differentials in Greece," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(8), pages 1023-1032.
- Lixin Cai & Amy Y. C. Liu, 2011. "Public–Private Sector Wage Gap in Australia: Variation along the Distribution," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 49(2), pages 362-390, June.
- Walter Fogel & David Lewin, 1974. "Wage Determination in the Public Sector," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 27(3), pages 410-431, April.
- Oaxaca, Ronald L. & Ransom, Michael R., 1994. "On discrimination and the decomposition of wage differentials," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 5-21, March.
- Blaise Melly, 2005. "Public-private sector wage differentials in Germany: Evidence from quantile regression," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 505-520, September.
- Kevin Featherstone, 2003. "Greece and EMU: Between External Empowerment and Domestic Vulnerability," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(5), pages 923-940, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:izalpo:v:7:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1186_s40173-017-0093-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joan Daouli & Michael Demoussis & Nicholas Giannakopoulos & Ioannis Laliotis, 2017. "The wage curve before and during the Greek economic crisis," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 52(1), pages 59-77, February.
- Jelena Nikolic & Ivica Rubil & Iva Tomic, 2014. "Changes in Public and Private Sector Pay Structures in Two Emerging Market Economies during the Crisis," Working Papers 1403, The Institute of Economics, Zagreb.
- Horen Voskeritsian & Michail Veliziotis & Panos Kapotas & Andreas Kornelakis, 2017.
"Between a Rock and a Hard Place: Social Partners and Reforms in the Wage- Setting System in Greece under Austerity',"
GreeSE – Hellenic Observatory Papers on Greece and Southeast Europe
114, Hellenic Observatory, LSE.
- Voskeritsian, Horen & Veliziotis, Michail & Kapotas, Panos & Kornelakis, Andreas, 2017. "Between a rock and a hard place: social partners and reforms in the wage- setting system in Greece under austerity," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 84540, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Raúl Ramos & Esteban Sanromá & Hipólito Simón, 2014.
"Public-Private Sector Wage Differentials by Type of Contract: Evidence from Spain,"
Hacienda Pública Española,
IEF, vol. 208(1), pages 107-141, March.
- Raúl Ramos & Esteban Sanromá & Hipólito Simón, 2014. "Public-private sector wage differentials by type of contract: evidence from Spain," Working Papers 2014/32, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Ramos, Raul & Sanromá, Esteban & Simón, Hipólito, 2014. "Public-Private Sector Wage Differentials by Type of Contract: Evidence from Spain," IZA Discussion Papers 8158, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Raul Ramos & Esteban Sanromá & Hipólito Simón, 2014. "Public-private sector wage differentials by type of contract: evidence from Spain," Working Papers XREAP2014-08, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Oct 2014.
- Andreas Kornelakis, 2016. "Inclusion or Dualization? The Political Economy of Employment Relations in Italian and Greek Telecommunications," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 54(2), pages 385-408, June.
- Rebekka Christopoulou, Maria Pantalidou & Maria Pantalidou, 2018. "The parental home as labour market insurance for young Greeks during the crisis," GreeSE – Hellenic Observatory Papers on Greece and Southeast Europe 122, Hellenic Observatory, LSE.
- Christopoulou, Rebekka & Pantalidou, Maria, 2017.
"The parental home as labor market insurance for young Greeks during the crisis,"
GLO Discussion Paper Series
158, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Rebekka Christopoulou & Maria Pantalidou, 2017. "The parental home as labor market insurance for young Greeks during the crisis," Discussion Paper Series 2017_10, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Oct 2017.
- Iordanis Eleftheriadis & Vasilios Vyttas, 2017. "Risk Management and Viability of Public Organizations. Development of a Risk Measurement Tool: The Case of Greece," International Journal of Business and Economic Sciences Applied Research (IJBESAR), Eastern Macedonia and Thrace Institute of Technology (EMATTECH), Kavala, Greece, vol. 10(1), pages 55-59, March.
- repec:eee:ecosys:v:41:y:2017:i:2:p:248-265 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kollintzas, Tryphon & Papageorgiou, Dimitris & Vassilatos, Vanghelis, 2013. "A Neoclassical Growth Model for the Insiders – Outsiders Society," CEPR Discussion Papers 9640, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Chletsos, Michael & Roupakias, Stelios, 2016. "Do Immigrants Compete with Natives in the Greek Labour Market? Evidence from the Skill-Cell Approach Before and During the Great Recession," MPRA Paper 75659, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tryphon Kollintzas & Dimitris Papageorgiou & Efthymios Tsionas & Vanghelis Vassilatos, 2018.
"Market and political power interactions in Greece: an empirical investigation,"
IZA Journal of Labor Policy,
Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 7(1), pages 1-43, December.
- Tryphon Kollintzas & Dimitris Papageorgiou & Efthymios Tsionas & Vanghelis Vassilatos, 2016. "Market and Political Power Interactions in Greece:An Empirical Investigation," Working Papers 201606, Athens University Of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Evangelia Papapetrou & Pinelopi Tsalaporta, 2016. "Inter-industry wage differentials in Greece: rent-sharing and unobserved heterogeneity hypotheses," Working Papers 213, Bank of Greece.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:brjirl:v:52:y:2014:i:3:p:579-602. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsepsuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.