The Hidden Costs of Wind Generation in a Thermal Power System: What Cost?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ralph Turvey, 1968. "Peak-Load Pricing," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 76, pages 101-101.
- Paul Simshauser, 2008. "The Dynamic Efficiency Gains from Introducing Capacity Payments in the National Electricity Market," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 41(4), pages 349-370, December.
- Pavlak, Alex, 2010. "Wind Energy Contribution to a Low-Carbon Grid," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 53-58, May.
- Paul Simshauser & Phillip Wild, 2009.
"The Western Australian Power Dilemma ,"
Australian Economic Papers,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(4), pages 342-369, December.
- Paul Edward Simshauser & Phillip Wild, 2009. "The Western Australian Power Dilemma," Energy Economics and Management Group Working Papers 2-2009, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Martin, Brian & Diesendorf, Mark, 1983. "The economics of large-scale wind power in the UK A model of an optimally mixed CEGB electricity grid," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 259-266, September.
- Simshauser, Paul & Nelson, Tim & Doan, Thao, 0. "The Boomerang Paradox, Part I: How a Nation's Wealth Is Creating Fuel Poverty," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 72-91, January.
- Paul Simshauser, 2006. "The Emergence of Structural Faults on the Supply Side in Deregulated 'Energy Only' Electricity Markets," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 39(2), pages 130-146, June.
- Paul Simshauser & Elizabeth Molyneux & Michelle Shepherd, 2010. "The Entry Cost Shock and the Re-rating of Power Prices in New South Wales, Australia," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 43(2), pages 114-135.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tim Nelson & Simon Kelley & Fiona Orton & Paul Simshauser, 2010. "Delayed Carbon Policy Certainty and Electricity Prices in Australia," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 29(4), pages 446-465, December.
- Nelson, Tim & Nelson, James & Ariyaratnam, Jude & Camroux, Simon, 2013. "An analysis of Australia's large scale renewable energy target: Restoring market confidence," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 386-400.
- Nelson, James & Simshauser, Paul, 2013. "Is the Merchant Power Producer a broken model?☆☆The views expressed in this paper are those of the authors and any errors or omissions remain the responsibility of the authors," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 298-310.
- Paul Simshauser & Tim Nelson, 2012. "The second-round effects of carbon taxes on power project finance," Journal of Financial Economic Policy, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 4(2), pages 104-127, May.
- Hirth, Lion & Ueckerdt, Falko & Edenhofer, Ottmar, 2015. "Integration costs revisited – An economic framework for wind and solar variability," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 925-939.
- Bruce Mountain, 2013. "Market Power and Generation from Renewables: the Case of Wind in the South Australian Electricity Market," Economics of Energy & Environmental Policy, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1).
- Lion Hirth & Falko Ueckerdt & Ottmar Edenhofer, 2014. "Why Wind Is Not Coal: On the Economics of Electricity," Working Papers 2014.39, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:ausecr:v:44:y:2011:i:3:p:269-292. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/mimelau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.