Delivering a Competitive Australian Power System. Part 1: Australia’s Global Position
Historically Australia’s ample supply of coal has underpinned its power system. Competing countries however have used a variety of different energy sources and, as a result of this diversity, many have a more resilient power system to provide future electrical power. this report looks at Australia’s global position with respect to its resource-rich competitors.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: +61 7 3365 6570|
Phone: +61 7 3365 6570
Fax: +61 7 3365 7299
Web page: http://www.uq.edu.au/eemg
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shiu, Alice & Lam, Pun-Lee, 2004. "Electricity consumption and economic growth in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 47-54, January.
- Liam Wagner & John Foster, 2011. "Is There an Optimal Entry Time for Carbon Capture and Storage? A Case Study for Australia's National Electricity Market," Energy Economics and Management Group Working Papers 07, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Unruh, Gregory C. & Carrillo-Hermosilla, Javier, 2006. "Globalizing carbon lock-in," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 1185-1197, July.
- Yuan, Jiahai & Zhao, Changhong & Yu, Shunkun & Hu, Zhaoguang, 2007. "Electricity consumption and economic growth in China: Cointegration and co-feature analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1179-1191, November.
- Simshauser, Paul & Nelson, Tim & Doan, Thao, 0. "The Boomerang Paradox, Part I: How a Nation's Wealth Is Creating Fuel Poverty," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 72-91, January.
- Unruh, Gregory C., 2000. "Understanding carbon lock-in," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(12), pages 817-830, October.
- McNerney, James & Doyne Farmer, J. & Trancik, Jessika E., 2011. "Historical costs of coal-fired electricity and implications for the future," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3042-3054, June.
- Unruh, Gregory C., 2002. "Escaping carbon lock-in," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 317-325, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qld:uqeemg:13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (SOE IT)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.