Issues and developments in loan loss provisioning: the case of Asia
In the aftermath of the Asian financial crisis of the late 1990s, many jurisdictions in Asia strengthened their approaches to loan loss provisioning, including the adoption of discretionary measures. This has contributed to stronger banking systems in the region.
Volume (Year): (2009)
Issue (Month): (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Centralbahnplatz 2, CH - 4002 Basel|
Phone: (41) 61 - 280 80 80
Fax: (41) 61 - 280 91 00
Web page: http://www.bis.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vincent Bouvatier & Laetitia Lepetit, 2006.
"Banks' procyclicality behavior : does provisioning matter ?,"
Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Vincent Bouvatier & Laetitia Lepetit, 2006. "Banks'procyclicality behavior : does provisioning matter ?," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques bla06035, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Bouvatier, Vincent & Lepetit, Laetitia, 2008.
"Banks' procyclical behavior: Does provisioning matter?,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 513-526, December.
- Vincent Bouvatier & Laetitia Lepetit, 2008. "Banks’ procyclical behavior: Does provisioning matter?," Post-Print hal-01098955, HAL.
- Vincent Bouvatier & Laetitia Lepetit, 2008. "Banks' procyclical behavior: Does provisioning matter?," Post-Print hal-00838544, HAL.
- Vincent Bouvatier & Laetitia Lepetit, 2008. "Banks' Procyclical Behavior: Does Provisioning Matter?," Post-Print hal-00916599, HAL.
- Laeven, Luc & Majnoni, Giovanni, 2001.
"Loan loss provisioning and economic slowdowns : too much, too late?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2749, The World Bank.
- Luc Laeven & Giovanni Majnoni, 2002. "Loan loss provisioning and economic slowdowns: too much too late?," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Laeven, Luc & Majnoni, Giovanni, 2003. "Loan loss provisioning and economic slowdowns: too much, too late?," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 178-197, April.
- Grace Li, 2009. "A comparison of loan loss allowance practices in Asia," Asia Focus, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Jun.
- Jacob A. Bikker & Paul A.J. Metzemakers, 2003.
"Bank Provisioning Behaviour and Procyclicality,"
DNB Staff Reports (discontinued)
111, Netherlands Central Bank.
- Bikker, J.A. & Metzemakers, P.A.J., 2005. "Bank provisioning behaviour and procyclicality," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 141-157, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bis:bisqtr:0912h. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Beslmeisl)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.