Paying Bank Risk Professionals to Lie About Bank Loan Loss Provisioning Process
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Daniel Perez & Vicente Salas-Fumas & Jesus Saurina, 2008.
"Earnings and Capital Management in Alternative Loan Loss Provision Regulatory Regimes,"
European Accounting Review,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(3), pages 423-445.
- Daniel Pérez & Vicente Salas-Fumás & Jesús Saurina, 2006. "Earnings and capital management in alternative loan loss provision regulatory regimes," Working Papers 0614, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Laeven, Luc & Majnoni, Giovanni, 2003.
"Loan loss provisioning and economic slowdowns: too much, too late?,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 178-197, April.
- Luc Laeven & Giovanni Majnoni, 2002. "Loan loss provisioning and economic slowdowns: too much too late?," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Laeven, Luc & Majnoni, Giovanni, 2001. "Loan loss provisioning and economic slowdowns : too much, too late?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2749, The World Bank.
- Ellen Gaston & In W Song, 2014. "Supervisory Roles in Loan Loss Provisioning in Countries Implementing IFRS," IMF Working Papers 14/170, International Monetary Fund.
- Beatty, Anne & Liao, Scott, 2011. "Do delays in expected loss recognition affect banks' willingness to lend?," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 1-20, June.
- Ahmed, Anwer S. & Takeda, Carolyn & Thomas, Shawn, 1999. "Bank loan loss provisions: a reexamination of capital management, earnings management and signaling effects," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 1-25, November.
- Ozili, Peterson K, 2015. "Loan Loss Provisioning, Income Smoothing, Signaling, Capital Management and Procyclicality: Does IFRS Matter? Empirical Evidence from Nigeria," MPRA Paper 68350, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sarawan Angklomkliew & Jason George & Frank Packer, 2009. "Issues and developments in loan loss provisioning: the case of Asia," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, December.
- Robert M. Bushman & Christopher D. Williams, 2015. "Delayed Expected Loss Recognition and the Risk Profile of Banks," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(3), pages 511-553, June.
- Michael C. Jensen, 2003. "Paying People to Lie: the Truth about the Budgeting Process," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 9(3), pages 379-406.
More about this item
KeywordsProvisions Games; Loan Loss Provisions; Bank Professionals; Credit Risk; Banks.;
- A2 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics
- A20 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - General
- E3 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles
- M4 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Accounting
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-12-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2016-12-11 (Banking)
- NEP-HRM-2016-12-11 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:75354. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.