Bubble, Bubble, Where's the Housing Bubble?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Meese Richard & Wallace Nancy, 1994. "Testing the Present Value Relation for Housing Prices: Should I Leave My House in San Francisco?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 245-266, May.
- Goodman, Allen C., 1988. "An econometric model of housing price, permanent income, tenure choice, and housing demand," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 327-353, May.
- Jonathan McCarthy & Richard Peach, 2004. "Are home prices the next "bubble"?," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Dec, pages 1-17.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Edward E. Leamer, 2007. "Housing is the business cycle," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 149-233.
- Duca, John V. & Muellbauer, John & Murphy, Anthony, 2010.
"Housing markets and the financial crisis of 2007-2009: Lessons for the future,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 203-217, December.
- Duca, John V. & Muellbauer, John & Murphy, Anthony, 2010. "Housing markets and the financial crisis of 2007-2009: lessons for the future," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 33613, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- John V. Duca & John Muellbauer & Anthony Murphy, 2010. "Housing Markets and the Financial Crisis of 2007-2009: Lessons for the Future," SERC Discussion Papers 0049, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Zhou, Wei-Xing & Sornette, Didier, 2008. "Analysis of the real estate market in Las Vegas: Bubble, seasonal patterns, and prediction of the CSW indices," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(1), pages 243-260.
- Madsen, Jakob B., 2009. "Taxes and the fundamental value of houses," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 365-376, May.
- Hill, Robert J. & Syed, Iqbal A., 2016.
"Hedonic price–rent ratios, user cost, and departures from equilibrium in the housing market,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 60-72.
- Robert J. Hill & Iqbal A. Syed, 2012. "Hedonic Price-Rent Ratios, User Cost, and Departures from Equilibrium in the Housing Market," Graz Economics Papers 2012-08, University of Graz, Department of Economics.
- Robert J. Hill & Iqbal A. Syed, 2014. "Hedonic Price-Rent Ratios, User Cost, and Departures from Equilibrium in the Housing Market," Graz Economics Papers 2014-03, University of Graz, Department of Economics.
- Robert Hill & Iqbal A. Syed, 2012. "Hedonic Price-Rent Ratios, User Cost, and Departures from Equilibrium in the Housing Market," Discussion Papers 2012-45, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- MeiChi Huang, 2013. "The Role of People’s Expectation in the Recent US Housing Boom and Bust," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 46(3), pages 452-479, April.
- Ing-Haw Cheng & Sahil Raina & Wei Xiong, 2014. "Wall Street and the Housing Bubble," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 104(9), pages 2797-2829, September.
- Shen, Chung-Hua & Lin, Kun-Li & Guo, Na, 2016. "Hawk or dove: Switching regression model for the monetary policy reaction function in China," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 94-111.
- Tabner, Isaac T., 2016. "Buying versus renting – Determinants of the net present value of home ownership for individual households," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 233-246.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Joseph Gyourko, 2006. "Housing Dynamics," NBER Working Papers 12787, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Konstantin A. Kholodilin & Claus Michelsen & Dirk Ulbricht, 2014. "Speculative Price Bubbles in Urban Housing Markets in Germany," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1417, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Li, Jing, 2015.
"Cointegration of matched home purchases and rental price indexes — Evidence from Singapore,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 80-88.
- Jing Li & Badi Baltagi, 2015. "Cointegration of Matched Home Purchases and Rental Price Indexes - Evidence from Singapore," ERSA conference papers ersa15p571, European Regional Science Association.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Jing Li, 2015. "Cointegration of Matched Home Purchases and Rental Price Indexes - Evidence from Sinpagore," CESifo Working Paper Series 5559, CESifo Group Munich.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Jing Li, 2015. "Cointegration of Matched Home Purchases and Rental Price Indexes: Evidence from Singapore," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 185, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Cabray L. Haines & Richard J. Rosen, 2007. "Bubble, bubble, toil, and trouble," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q I, pages 16-35.
- repec:eee:regeco:v:68:y:2018:i:c:p:204-225 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zhang, Chuanchuan & Jia, Shen & Yang, Rudai, 2016. "Housing affordability and housing vacancy in China: The role of income inequality," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 4-14.
- Brzezicka Justyna & Wisniewski Radosław, 2014. "Price Bubble In The Real Estate Market - Behavioral Aspects," Real Estate Management and Valuation, De Gruyter Open, vol. 22(1), pages 1-14, March.
- Nai Jia Lee & Tracey N. Seslen & William C. Wheaton, 2015. "Do House Price Levels Anticipate Subsequent Price Changes within Metropolitan Areas?," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 43(3), pages 782-806, September.
- Itamar Caspi, 2016.
"Testing for a housing bubble at the national and regional level: the case of Israel,"
Springer, vol. 51(2), pages 483-516, September.
- Caspi, Itamar, 2015. "Testing for a housing bubble at the national and regional level: the case of Israel," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 246, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Pascal Towbin & Sebastian Weber, 2015. "Price Expectations and the U.S. Housing Boom," IMF Working Papers 15/182, International Monetary Fund.
- Olesya Baker & Phil Doctor & Eric French, 2007. "Asset rundown after retirement: the importance of rate of return shocks," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q II, pages 48-65.
- Yongqiang Chu, 2014.
"Credit constraints, inelastic supply, and the housing boom,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 17(1), pages 52-69, January.
- Yongqiang Chu, 2013. "Code and data files for "Credit Constraints, Inelastic Supply, and the Housing Boom"," Computer Codes 11-134, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Konstantin Kholodilin, 2015. "Speculative Bubbles in Urban Housing Markets in Germany," ERSA conference papers ersa15p67, European Regional Science Association.
More about this item
Keywordshousing bubble; macroeconomics; bubble; house;
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- E39 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Other
- R21 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Housing Demand
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bin:bpeajo:v:37:y:2006:i:2006-1:p:1-68. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jennifer Ambrosino). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/esbrous.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.