Demand And Competition Among Supply Sources: The Indonesian Fruit Import Market
Indonesia is a rapidly growing and competitive market for U.S. fruit. A restricted, source-differentiated, almost ideal demand system is estimated for apples, oranges, grapes, and other fruit in Indonesia. The Marshallian expenditure elasticities for U.S. fruit are estimated to be between 1.01 and 1.21. For grapes and oranges, competition with other fruits appears to be more important that competition with other supply sources. For apples, strong source-differentiated substitution relationships are found.
Volume (Year): 29 (1997)
Issue (Month): 02 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/jaae/jaae.htm|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- LaFrance, Jeffrey T., 1991. "When Is Expenditure "Exogenous" In Separable Demand Models?," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 16(01), July.
- Hayes, Dermot J. & Wahl, Thomas I. & Williams, Gary W., 1990.
"Testing Restrictions on a Model of Japanese Meat Demand,"
Staff General Research Papers Archive
10940, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Dermot J. Hayes & Thomas I. Wahl & Gary W. Williams, 1990. "Testing Restrictions on a Model of Japanese Meat Demand," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 72(3), pages 556-566.
- Jonq-Ying Lee & James L. Seale & Pattana A. Jierwiriyapant, 1990. "Do trade agreements help US exports? A study of the Japanese citrus industry," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(5), pages 505-514.
- Chalfant, James A, 1987. "A Globally Flexible, Almost Ideal Demand System," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 5(2), pages 233-242, April.
- McCracken, Vicki A. & Tansuhaj, Patriya & O'Rourke, A. Desmond & Walter, Karol, 1991. "Strategies For U.S. Apple Exporting Firms," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 22(2), pages -, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:joaaec:15049. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.