A Spatial Analysis of the Effect of Entry by Supercenter and Warehouse Club Retailers on Grocery Sales
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard J. Volpe & Nathalie Lavoie, 2008.
"The Effect of Wal-Mart Supercenters on Grocery Prices in New England,"
Review of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 30(1), pages 4-26.
- Richard J. Volpe III & Nathalie Lavoie, 2006. "The Effect of Wal-Mart Supercenters on Grocery Prices in New England," Working Papers 2006-8, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Resource Economics.
- Capps, Oral, Jr. & Griffin, James M., 1998. "Effect Of A Mass Merchandiser On Traditional Food Retailers," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 1-7, February.
- Thomas J. Holmes, 2006.
"The Diffusion of Wal-Mart and Economies of Density,"
2006 Meeting Papers
15, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Thomas J. Holmes, 2008. "The Diffusion of Wal-Mart and Economies of Density," NBER Working Papers 13783, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jerry Hausman & Ephraim Leibtag, 2007.
"Consumer benefits from increased competition in shopping outlets: Measuring the effect of Wal-Mart,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(7), pages 1157-1177.
- Jerry Hausman & Ephraim Leibtag, 2005. "Consumer Benefits from Increased Competition in Shopping Outlets: Measuring the Effect of Wal-Mart," NBER Working Papers 11809, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jerry Hausman & Ephraim Leibtag, 2006. "Consumer Benefits from Increased Competition in Shopping Outlets: Measuring the Effect of Wal-Mart," CeMMAP working papers CWP06/06, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Woo, Byung-Joon & Huang, Chung L. & Epperson, James E. & Cude, Brenda J., 2001. "Effect Of A New Wal-Mart Supercenter On Local Retail Food Prices," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 1-9, March.
- Emek Basker & Michael Noel, 2009.
"The Evolving Food Chain: Competitive Effects of Wal-Mart's Entry into the Supermarket Industry,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(4), pages 977-1009, December.
- Emek Basker & Michael Noel, 2007. "The Evolving Food Chain: Competitive Effects of Wal-Mart's Entry into the Supermarket Industry," Working Papers 0712, Department of Economics, University of Missouri.
- Noel, Michael & Basker, Emek, 2007. "The Evolving Food Chain: Competitive Effects of Wal-Mart's Entry Into The Supermarket Industry," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt4nq8d4sm, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Georgeanne M. Artz & Kenneth E. Stone, 2006. "Analyzing the Impact of Wal-Mart Supercenters on Local Food Store Sales," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 88(5), pages 1296-1303.
- Irwin, Elena G. & Clark, Jill, 2006. "Wall Street vs. Main Street: What are the Benefits and Costs of Wal-Mart to Local Communities?," Choices: The Magazine of Food, Farm, and Resource Issues, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 0(Issue 2), pages 1-6.
- Michael J Hicks, 2008. "Estimating Wal-Mart's Impacts in Maryland: A Test of Identification Strategies and Endogeneity Tests," Eastern Economic Journal, Palgrave Macmillan;Eastern Economic Association, vol. 34(1), pages 56-73, Winter.
More about this item
KeywordsCommunity/Rural/Urban Development; Consumer/Household Economics; Industrial Organization;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:jlofdr:139056. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fdrssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.