Analyzing the Impact of Wal-Mart Supercenters on Local Food Store Sales
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Xiaoou Liu & Rigoberto A. Lopez, 2011. "Entry of Wal-Mart Supercenters and Supermarkets’ Profit Margins," Working Papers 03, University of Connecticut, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Charles J. Zwick Center for Food and Resource Policy.
- Peralta, Denis & Kim, Man-Keun, 2016. "Big-Box Retailers and Personal Income Growth in the U.S," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235216, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Chad R. Wilkerson & Megan D. Williams, 2007. "The Tenth District's defining industries: how are they changing?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q III, pages 59-81.
- Suryadarma, Daniel, 2011. "Competition between traditional food traders and supermarkets in Indonesia," Conference Proceedings 2011 125323, Crawford Fund.
- Sneeringer, Stacy E. & Hertz, Thomas, 2010. "Local Effects of Hog Production on Farm and Non-Farm Economic Outcomes," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61463, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Rebecca L. O. Cleary & Rigoberto A. Lopez, 2007.
"Is Wal-Mart Good for Competition? Evidence from Milk Prices,"
Food Marketing Policy Center Research Reports
101, University of Connecticut, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Charles J. Zwick Center for Food and Resource Policy.
- Cleary, Rebecca & Lopez, Rigoberto, 2007. "Is Wal-Mart Good for Competition? Evidence from Milk Prices," Research Reports 149207, University of Connecticut, Food Marketing Policy Center.
- Artz, Georgeanne M. & Stone, Kenneth E., 2012.
"Revisiting Wal-Mart's Impact on Iowa Small Town Retail: Twenty-Five Years Later,"
Staff General Research Papers Archive
37646, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Stone, Kenneth E. & Artz, Georgeanne M., 2012. "Revisiting Wal-Mart's Impact on Iowa Small Town Retail: Twenty-Five Years Later," Staff General Research Papers Archive 35202, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Stone, Kenneth E. & Artz, Georgeanne M., 2012. "Revisiting Wal-Mart's Impact on Iowa Small Town Retail: Twenty-Five Years Later," Staff General Research Papers Archive 35203, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Park, Timothy A., 2008.
"Evaluating Labor Productivity in Food Retailing,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 37(2), October.
- Park, Timothy A., 2007. "Evaluating Labor Productivity in Food Retailing," 2007 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, 2007, Portland, Oregon TN 9939, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Suryadarma, Daniel & Poesoro, Adri & Akhmadi & Budiyati, Sri & Rosfadhila, Meuthia & Suryahadi, Asep, 2010. "Traditional food traders in developing countries and competition from supermarkets: Evidence from Indonesia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 79-86, February.
- repec:taf:regstd:v:51:y:2017:i:2:p:313-323 is not listed on IDEAS
- Martens, Bobby J. & Dooley, Frank J. & Florax, Raymond J.G.M., 2010. "A Spatial Analysis of the Effect of Entry by Supercenter and Warehouse Club Retailers on Grocery Sales," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 41(2), July.
- Sven-Olov Daunfeldt & Oana Mihaescu & Helena Nilsson & Niklas Rudholm, 2017. "What happens when IKEA comes to town?," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(2), pages 313-323, February.
- Håkansson, Johan & Li, Yujiao & Mihaescu, Oana & Rudholm, Niklas, 2016. "Big-box retail entry in urban and rural areas: Are there productivity spillovers to incumbent retailers?," HUI Working Papers 118, HUI Research.
- Stater, Mark & Visser, Michael S., 2008. "Implications of Big Box Retail Location on Regional Profits, Consumer Utility, and Land Rents," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 38(1), pages 8-28.
- Vandegrift, Donald & Loyer, John & Kababik, David, 2011. "The effect of Walmart on the tax base: evidence from New Jersey," MPRA Paper 30937, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rebecca Cleary & Rigoberto Lopez, 2014. "Supermarket responses to Wal-Mart Supercenter expansion: a structural approach," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 47(3), pages 905-925, November.
- repec:spr:amsrev:v:6:y:2016:i:3:d:10.1007_s13162-016-0086-z is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:oup:revage:v:31:y:2009:i:3:p:589-603. is not listed on IDEAS
- Donald Vandegrift, 2016. "The effect of Walmart and Target on property tax rates," Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 309-327, October.
- Donald Vandegrift & John Loyer, 2015. "The Effect Of Walmart And Target On The Tax Base: Evidence From New Jersey," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(2), pages 159-187, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:ajagec:v:88:y:2006:i:5:p:1296-1303. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.