Optimal Risk Management, Risk Aversion, And Production Function Properties
For production risk with identified physical causes, the nature of risk, production characteristics, risk preference, and prices determine optimal input use. Here, a two-way classification for pairs of inputs Â– each input as being risk increasing or decreasing and pairs as being risk substitutes or complements Â– provides sufficient conditions to determine how risk aversion should affect input use. Unlike the Sandmo price risk averse firm may produce more expected output and use more inputs than a risk neutral firm. Sufficient conditions to determine types for pairs of inputs are also related to properties of the production function.
Volume (Year): 17 (1992)
Issue (Month): 02 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://waeaonline.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Babcock, Bruce A. & Chalfant, James A. & Collender, Robert N., 1987.
"Simultaneous Input Demands And Land Allocation In Agricultural Production Under Certainty,"
Western Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 12(02), December.
- Babcock, Bruce A. & Chalfant, James A. & Collender, R. N., 1987. "Simultaneous Input Demands and Land Allocation in Agricultural Production Under Uncertainty," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10614, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Ian Jewitt, 1987. "Risk Aversion and the Choice Between Risky Prospects: The Preservation of Comparative Statics Results," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(1), pages 73-85.
- Meyer, Jack & Ormiston, Michael B., 1983. "The comparative statics of cumulative distribution function changes for the class of risk averse agents," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 153-169, October.
- Anderson, Jock R. & Feder, Gershon, 2007. "Agricultural Extension," Handbook of Agricultural Economics, Elsevier.
- Just, Richard E. & Pope, Rulon D., 1978. "Stochastic specification of production functions and economic implications," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 67-86, February. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)