Risk Management And The Environment: Impacts At The Intensive And Extensive Margins
Risk management programs, such as subsidized crop insurance, affect production decisions at both the intensive (input use) and extensive(land use) margins. The production decisions in turn affect the environment. This paper reviews and synthesizes the literature linking risk management policies and environmental outcomes and points to future research needs.
|Date of creation:||2001|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Babcock, Bruce A. & Hennessy, David A., 1996.
"Input Demand Under Yield and Revenue Insurance,"
Staff General Research Papers
794, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Bruce A. Babcock & Joseph A. Herriges, 1994. "Input Demand Under Yield and Revenue Insurance," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 94-wp127, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Briys, Eric & Eeckhoudt, Louis, 1985. "Relative Risk Aversion in Comparative Statics: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(1), pages 281-83, March.
- repec:feb:artefa:0008 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nimon, R. Wesley & Mishra, Ashok K., 2001. "Revenue Insurance and Chemical Input Use Rates," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20669, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Quiggin, John, 1992. "Some observations on insurance, bankruptcy and input demand," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 101-110, June.
- Andrew J. Plantinga, 1996. "The Effect of Agricultural Policies on Land Use and Environmental Quality," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(4), pages 1082-1091.
- Loehman, Edna T. & Nelson, Carl H., 1992. "Optimal Risk Management, Risk Aversion, And Production Function Properties," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 17(02), December.
- JunJie Wu, 1999. "Crop Insurance, Acreage Decisions, and Nonpoint-Source Pollution," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(2), pages 305-320.
- Quiggin, John C. & Karagiannis, Giannis & Stanton, J., 1993.
"Crop Insurance And Crop Production: An Empirical Study Of Moral Hazard And Adverse Selection,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 37(02), August.
- John C. Quiggin & Giannis Karagiannis & J. Stanton, 1993. "Crop Insurance And Crop Production: An Empirical Study Of Moral Hazard And Adverse Selection," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 37(2), pages 95-113, 08.
- Vincent H. Smith & Barry K. Goodwin, 1996. "Crop Insurance, Moral Hazard, and Agricultural Chemical Use," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(2), pages 428-438.
- Houck, James P. & Ryan, Mary E., 1972. "Supply Analysis For Corn In The United States: The Impact Of Changing Government Programs," Staff Papers 13554, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea01:20670. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.