Proportional Profit Taxes and Resource Management under Production Uncertainty
The impact of proportional profit taxes on input use is analyzed under conditions of production uncertainty and risk aversion. Two kinds of profit taxes are considered: proportional profit taxes with perfect loss offset and revenue-neutral profits taxes. Their impact on optimal input use is examined under various forms of production uncertainty, such as the Just-Pope model and the cases of multiplicative and additive uncertainty. It is shown that the structure of risk attitudes, the form of production uncertainty, the underlying (stochastic) technical interdependencies, and the risk-input relations are crucial features in determining the impact of proportional profit taxes on optimal input use.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +30 831 77405
Fax: +30 831 77406
Web page: http://economics.soc.uoc.gr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Machina, Mark J, 1982.
""Expected Utility" Analysis without the Independence Axiom,"
Econometric Society, vol. 50(2), pages 277-323, March.
- Mark J Machina, 1982. ""Expected Utility" Analysis without the Independence Axiom," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7650, David K. Levine.
- J. K. Horowitz & E. Lichtenberg, 1994. "Risk-Reducing And Risk-Increasing Effects Of Pesticides," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(1), pages 82-89.
- Bar-Shira, Z. & Just, Richard E. & Zilberman, David, 1994.
"Estimation of Farmers' Risk Attitude: An Econometric Approach,"
197812, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Bar-Shira, Z. & Just, R.E. & Zilberman, D., 1997. "Estimation of farmers' risk attitude: an econometric approach," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 17(2-3), December.
- Bar-Shira, Z. & Just, R. E. & Zilberman, D., 1997. "Estimation of farmers' risk attitude: an econometric approach," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 17(2-3), pages 211-222, December.
- Gotsch, Nikolaus & Regev, Uri, 1996. "Fungicide use under risk in Swiss wheat production," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 14(1), pages 1-9, April.
- Uri Regev & Nikolaus Gotsch & Peter Rieder, 1997. "Are Fungicides, Nitrogen And Plant Growth Regulators Risk-Reducing? Empirical Evidence From Swiss Wheat Production," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(1-3), pages 167-178.
- J. Pannell, David, 1991.
"Pests and pesticides, risk and risk aversion,"
Blackwell, vol. 5(4), pages 361-383, August.
- Lambert, David K., 1990. "Risk Considerations In The Reduction Of Nitrogen Fertilizer Use In Agricultural Production," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 15(02), December.
- Giannis Karagiannis, 1998. "Interactions between Agricultural and Resource Policy: Comment," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(2), pages 419-421.
- Briys, Eric & Eeckhoudt, Louis, 1985. "Relative Risk Aversion in Comparative Statics: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(1), pages 281-83, March.
- Jeffrey T. LaFrance & Myles J. Watts, 1995. "Public Grazing in the West and "Rangeland Reform '94"," Monash Economics Working Papers archive-46, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Loehman, Edna T. & Nelson, Carl H., 1992. "Optimal Risk Management, Risk Aversion, And Production Function Properties," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 17(02), December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:crt:wpaper:9819. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kostis Pigounakis)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.