Spatial Dynamics of the Livestock Sector in the United States: Do Environmental Regulations Matter?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Herath, Deepananda P.B. & Weersink, Alfons & Carpentier, Chantal Line, 2003. "Spatial Dynamics Of The Livestock Sector In The United States: Do Environmental Regulations Matter?," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22059, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
References listed on IDEAS
- Edward Osei & P. G. Lakshminarayan, 1996. "Determinants of Dairy Farm Location. Livestock Series Report 7," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 96-wp174, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Eberts, Randall W. & McMillen, Daniel P., 1999.
"Agglomeration economies and urban public infrastructure,"
Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics,in: P. C. Cheshire & E. S. Mills (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 38, pages 1455-1495
- Randall W. Eberts & Daniel P. McMillen, 1999. "Agglomeration Economies and Urban Public Infrastructure," Book chapters authored by Upjohn Institute researchers,in: Paul Cheshire & Edwin S. Mills (ed.), handbook or Regional and Urban Economics, volume 3, pages 1455-1495 W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1993. "Estimation and Inference in Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195060119.
- Virginia D. McConnell & Robert M. Schwab, 1990. "The Impact of Environmental Regulation on Industry Location Decisions: The Motor Vehicle Industry," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 66(1), pages 67-81.
- Timothy J. Bartik, 2002. "The Effects of Environmental Regulation on Business Location in the United States," Book chapters authored by Upjohn Institute researchers,in: Wayne B. Gray (ed.), Economic Costs and Consequences of Environmental Regulation, pages 129-151 W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Coughlin, Cletus C & Terza, Joseph V & Arromdee, Vachira, 1991. "State Characteristics and the Location of Foreign Direct Investment within the United States," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(4), pages 675-683, November.
- Brian Roe & Elena G. Irwin & Jeff S. Sharp, 2002. "Pigs in Space: Modeling the Spatial Structure of Hog Production in Traditional and Nontraditional Production Regions," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(2), pages 259-278.
- Gollehon, Noel R. & Caswell, Margriet & Ribaudo, Marc & Kellogg, Robert L. & Lander, Charles & Letson, David, 2000. "Confined Animal Production And Manure Nutrients," 2000 Annual Meeting, June 29-July 1, 2000, Vancouver, British Columbia 36382, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Levinson, Arik, 1996. "Environmental regulations and manufacturers' location choices: Evidence from the Census of Manufactures," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1-2), pages 5-29, October.
- List, John A. & Co, Catherine Y., 2000.
"The Effects of Environmental Regulations on Foreign Direct Investment,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 1-20, July.
- Catherine Co & John List, 2000. "The Effects of Environmental Regulations on Foreign Direct Investment," Natural Field Experiments 00521, The Field Experiments Website.
- Fredriksson, Per G. & Millimet, Daniel L., 2002. "Strategic Interaction and the Determination of Environmental Policy across U.S. States," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 101-122, January.
- Park, Dooho & Seidl, Andrew & Davies, Stephen, 2002. "Environmental Policy and Industry Location: The Case of the U.S. Livestock Industry," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 32(2), pages 293-307, Summer/Fa.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marc O. Ribaudo & Robert C. Johansson, 2007. "Nutrient Management Use at the Rural-Urban Fringe: Does Demand for Environmental Quality Play a Role?," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 29(4), pages 689-699.
- Sneeringer Stacy E, 2009.
"Effects of Environmental Regulation on Economic Activity and Pollution in Commercial Agriculture,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-35, July.
- Sneeringer, Stacy E., 2009. "Effects of Environmental Regulation on Economic Activity and Pollution in Commercial Agriculture," 2009 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2009, Atlanta, Georgia 46591, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Boonsaeng, Tullaya & Wohlgenant, Michael K., 2006. "The Demand for Livestock by the U.S. Meat Processing Industry," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21120, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Abay Mulatu & Ada Wossink, 2014.
"Environmental Regulation and Location of Industrialized Agricultural Production in Europe,"
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 90(3), pages 509-537.
- Abay Mulatu & Ada Wossink, 2012. "Environmental regulation and location of industrialised agricultural production in Europe," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 1215, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Malcolm, Scott A. & Aillery, Marcel P. & Weinberg, Marca, 2009. "Ethanol and a Changing Agricultural Landscape," Economic Research Report 55671, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Azzeddine Azzam & Gibson Nene & Karina Schoengold, 2015. "Hog Industry Structure and the Stringency of Environmental Regulation," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 63(3), pages 333-358, September.
- Syeda Khaleda & Yuji Murayama, 2013. "Geographic Concentration and Development Potential of Poultry Microenterprises and Value Chain: A Study Based on Suitable Sites in Gazipur, Bangladesh," Social Sciences, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(3), pages 1-21, August.
- Weersink, Alfons & Raymond, Mark, 2007. "Environmental regulations impact on agricultural spills and citizen complaints," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 654-660, January.
- Zhang, Wei, 2015. "Costs of a Practice-Based Air Quality Regulation: Dairy Farms in the San Joaquin Valley," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205304, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Hadrich, Joleen C. & Wolf, Christopher A. & Lupi, Frank, 2008. "Manure Handling System Attributes Impact on Manure Management Investment Decisions: A Random Utility Model Approach," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6532, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Chad Lawley & Hartley Furtan, 2008. "The Political Trade-Off Between Environmental Stringency And Economic Development In Rural America," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(3), pages 547-566.
- Nene, Gibson & Azzam, Azzeddine M. & Schoengold, Karina, 2009. "Environmental Regulations and the Structure of U.S. Hog Farms," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49395, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Sneeringer, Stacy E. & Hogle, Regina, 2008.
"Variation in Environmental Regulations in California and Effects on Dairy Location,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 37(2), October.
- Sneeringer, Stacy & Hogle, Regina, 2008. "Variation in Environmental Regulations in California and Effects on Dairy Location," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(02), pages 133-146, October.
- Mosnier, Claire & Wieck, Christine, 2010. "Determinants of spatial dynamics of dairy production: a review," Discussion Papers 162896, University of Bonn, Institute for Food and Resource Economics.
- Fertő, Imre & Csonka, Arnold, 2017.
"Válság- és agglomerációs hatások a magyarországi sertéstartásban
[Crisis and agglomeration in Hungary s pig production]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(2), pages 105-122.
- Alfons Weersink & Christin Eveland, 2006. "The Siting of Livestock Facilities and Environmental Regulations," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 54(1), pages 159-173, March.
More about this item
Keywordsenvironmental regulation stringency; fixed-effects model; instrumental variable; livestock production; location choice; panel data analysis; pollution havens; Environmental Economics and Policy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:jlaare:30783. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/waeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.