Spatial Dynamics Of The Livestock Sector In The United States: Do Environmental Regulations Matter?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Herath, Deepananda P.B. & Weersink, Alfons & Carpentier, Chantal Line, 2005. "Spatial Dynamics of the Livestock Sector in the United States: Do Environmental Regulations Matter?," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 30(01), April.
References listed on IDEAS
- Edward Osei & P. G. Lakshminarayan, 1996. "Determinants of Dairy Farm Location. Livestock Series Report 7," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 96-wp174, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Eberts, Randall W. & McMillen, Daniel P., 1999.
"Agglomeration economies and urban public infrastructure,"
Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics,in: P. C. Cheshire & E. S. Mills (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 38, pages 1455-1495
- Randall W. Eberts & Daniel P. McMillen, 1999. "Agglomeration Economies and Urban Public Infrastructure," Book chapters authored by Upjohn Institute researchers,in: Paul Cheshire & Edwin S. Mills (ed.), handbook or Regional and Urban Economics, volume 3, pages 1455-1495 W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1993. "Estimation and Inference in Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195060119.
- Virginia D. McConnell & Robert M. Schwab, 1990. "The Impact of Environmental Regulation on Industry Location Decisions: The Motor Vehicle Industry," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 66(1), pages 67-81.
- Timothy J. Bartik, 2002. "The Effects of Environmental Regulation on Business Location in the United States," Book chapters authored by Upjohn Institute researchers,in: Wayne B. Gray (ed.), Economic Costs and Consequences of Environmental Regulation, pages 129-151 W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Coughlin, Cletus C & Terza, Joseph V & Arromdee, Vachira, 1991. "State Characteristics and the Location of Foreign Direct Investment within the United States," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(4), pages 675-683, November.
- Brian Roe & Elena G. Irwin & Jeff S. Sharp, 2002. "Pigs in Space: Modeling the Spatial Structure of Hog Production in Traditional and Nontraditional Production Regions," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(2), pages 259-278.
- Gollehon, Noel R. & Caswell, Margriet & Ribaudo, Marc & Kellogg, Robert L. & Lander, Charles & Letson, David, 2000. "Confined Animal Production And Manure Nutrients," 2000 Annual Meeting, June 29-July 1, 2000, Vancouver, British Columbia 36382, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Levinson, Arik, 1996. "Environmental regulations and manufacturers' location choices: Evidence from the Census of Manufactures," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1-2), pages 5-29, October.
- List, John A. & Co, Catherine Y., 2000.
"The Effects of Environmental Regulations on Foreign Direct Investment,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 1-20, July.
- Catherine Co & John List, 2000. "The Effects of Environmental Regulations on Foreign Direct Investment," Natural Field Experiments 00521, The Field Experiments Website.
- Fredriksson, Per G. & Millimet, Daniel L., 2002. "Strategic Interaction and the Determination of Environmental Policy across U.S. States," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 101-122, January.
- Park, Dooho & Seidl, Andrew & Davies, Stephen, 2002. "Environmental Policy and Industry Location: The Case of the U.S. Livestock Industry," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 32(2), pages 293-307, Summer/Fa.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marc O. Ribaudo & Robert C. Johansson, 2007. "Nutrient Management Use at the Rural-Urban Fringe: Does Demand for Environmental Quality Play a Role?," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 29(4), pages 689-699.
- Sneeringer Stacy E, 2009.
"Effects of Environmental Regulation on Economic Activity and Pollution in Commercial Agriculture,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-35, July.
- Sneeringer, Stacy E., 2009. "Effects of Environmental Regulation on Economic Activity and Pollution in Commercial Agriculture," 2009 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2009, Atlanta, Georgia 46591, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Boonsaeng, Tullaya & Wohlgenant, Michael K., 2006. "The Demand for Livestock by the U.S. Meat Processing Industry," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21120, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Abay Mulatu & Ada Wossink, 2014.
"Environmental Regulation and Location of Industrialized Agricultural Production in Europe,"
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 90(3), pages 509-537.
- Abay Mulatu & Ada Wossink, 2012. "Environmental regulation and location of industrialised agricultural production in Europe," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 1215, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Malcolm, Scott A. & Aillery, Marcel P. & Weinberg, Marca, 2009. "Ethanol and a Changing Agricultural Landscape," Economic Research Report 55671, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Azzeddine Azzam & Gibson Nene & Karina Schoengold, 2015. "Hog Industry Structure and the Stringency of Environmental Regulation," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 63(3), pages 333-358, September.
- Syeda Khaleda & Yuji Murayama, 2013. "Geographic Concentration and Development Potential of Poultry Microenterprises and Value Chain: A Study Based on Suitable Sites in Gazipur, Bangladesh," Social Sciences, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(3), pages 1-21, August.
- Weersink, Alfons & Raymond, Mark, 2007. "Environmental regulations impact on agricultural spills and citizen complaints," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 654-660, January.
- Zhang, Wei, 2015. "Costs of a Practice-Based Air Quality Regulation: Dairy Farms in the San Joaquin Valley," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205304, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Hadrich, Joleen C. & Wolf, Christopher A. & Lupi, Frank, 2008. "Manure Handling System Attributes Impact on Manure Management Investment Decisions: A Random Utility Model Approach," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6532, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Chad Lawley & Hartley Furtan, 2008. "The Political Trade-Off Between Environmental Stringency And Economic Development In Rural America," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(3), pages 547-566.
- Nene, Gibson & Azzam, Azzeddine M. & Schoengold, Karina, 2009. "Environmental Regulations and the Structure of U.S. Hog Farms," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49395, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Sneeringer, Stacy E. & Hogle, Regina, 2008.
"Variation in Environmental Regulations in California and Effects on Dairy Location,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 37(2), October.
- Sneeringer, Stacy & Hogle, Regina, 2008. "Variation in Environmental Regulations in California and Effects on Dairy Location," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(02), pages 133-146, October.
- Mosnier, Claire & Wieck, Christine, 2010. "Determinants of spatial dynamics of dairy production: a review," Discussion Papers 162896, University of Bonn, Institute for Food and Resource Economics.
- Fertő, Imre & Csonka, Arnold, 2017.
"Válság- és agglomerációs hatások a magyarországi sertéstartásban
[Crisis and agglomeration in Hungary s pig production]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(2), pages 105-122.
- Alfons Weersink & Christin Eveland, 2006. "The Siting of Livestock Facilities and Environmental Regulations," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 54(1), pages 159-173, March.
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental Economics and Policy; Livestock Production/Industries;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea03:22059. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .