Foreign Students in U.S. Doctoral Programs
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Colander, David, 2003.
"The Aging of an Economist,"
Journal of the History of Economic Thought,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(02), pages 157-176, June.
- Markoff, John & Montecinos, Verónica, 1993. "The Ubiquitous Rise of Economists," Journal of Public Policy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(01), pages 37-68, January.
- Krueger, Anne O, et al, 1991. "Report of the Commission on Graduate Education in Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 29(3), pages 1035-1053, September.
- Fine, J-C, 1997. "An African Based Doctoral Programme in Economics : Summary Report," Papers 26s, African Economic Research Consortium.
- Harberger, Arnold C, 1993. "Secrets of Success: A Handful of Heroes," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 343-350, May.
- Bruno S. Frey & Reiner Eichenberger, 1993. "American and European Economics and Economists," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(4), pages 185-193, Fall.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michel Beine & Romain NoÃ«l & Lionel Ragot, 2012.
"The Determinants of International Mobility of Students,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
3848, CESifo Group Munich.
- Michel Beine & Romain Noël & Lionel Ragot, 2013. "The Determinants of International Mobility of Students," Working Papers 2013-30, CEPII research center.
- Michel Beine & Romain Noël & Lionel Ragot, 2013. "The determinants of international mobility of students," EconomiX Working Papers 2013-26, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Antonio Spilimbergo, 2009. "Democracy and Foreign Education," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(1), pages 528-543, March.
- Paula Stephan & Chiara Franzoni & Giuseppe Scellato, 2013. "Choice of Country by the Foreign Born for PhD and Postdoctoral Study: A Sixteen-Country Perspective," NBER Working Papers 18809, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Colander, 2005. "The Making of an Economist Redux," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 19(1), pages 175-198, Winter.
- David Colander, 2004. "The Making of an Economist II," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0420, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Chellaraj, Gnanaraj & Maskus, Keith E. & Mattoo, Aaditya, 2005. "The contribution of skilled immigration and international graduate students to U.S. innovation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3588, The World Bank.
- Fouarge D. & Ã–zer M.N., 2014. "International mobility of students â€“ Its impact on labour market forecasts and its contribution to the Dutch economy," ROA Technical Report 006, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Tomasz Gajderowicz & Gabriela Grotkowska & Leszek Wincenciak, 2012. "Does Students\’ International Mobility Increase Their Employability?," Ekonomia journal, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw, vol. 30.
- Ivo Maes & Erik Buyst, 2005. "Migration and Americanization: The special case of Belgian economics," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 73-88.
- Malik Fahim Bashir & Changsheng Xu & Khalid Zaman & Ghulam Akhmat, 2014. "Key Factors Determining the Rationale for Brain Drain: An Irony Never Recovered," International Journal of Economics and Empirical Research (IJEER), The Economics and Social Development Organization (TESDO), vol. 2(8), pages 308-320, August.
- Craig A. Depken II & Johnny Ducking & Peter A. Groothuis, 2015. "Career Duration in the NHL: Bias against Europeans?," Working Papers 15-09, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Craig A. Depken & Johnny Ducking & Peter A. Groothuis, 2017.
"Career duration in the NHL: pushing and pulling on Europeans?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(59), pages 5923-5934, December.
- Craig A. Depken II & Johnny Ducking & Peter A. Groothuis, 2016. "Career Duration in the NHL: Pushing and Pulling on Europeans?," Working Papers 16-10, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Beine, Michel & Noël, Romain & Ragot, Lionel, 2014.
"Determinants of the international mobility of students,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 40-54.
- Michel Beine & Romain Noël & Lionel Ragot, 2014. "Determinants of the International Mobility of Students," Post-Print hal-01385913, HAL.
More about this item
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:jecper:v:12:y:1998:i:3:p:171-82. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.