Repeated job quits: stepping stones or learning about quality?
AbstractJ28, J62 Copyright Gielen; licensee Springer. 2013
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal IZA Journal of European Labor Studies.
Volume (Year): 2 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/40174
Other versions of this item:
- Gielen Anne C., 2008. "Repeated Job Quits: Stepping stones or learning about quality?," ROA Research Memorandum 010, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Gielen, Anne C., 2008. "Repeated Job Quits: Stepping Stones or Learning about Quality?," IZA Discussion Papers 3838, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- J28 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Safety; Job Satisfaction; Related Public Policy
- J62 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Job, Occupational and Intergenerational Mobility; Promotion
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- José Ignacio García Pérez & Yolanda Rebollo Sanz, 2004.
"Wage changes through job mobility in Europe: A multinomial endogenous switching approach,"
Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces
E2004/70, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Garcia Perez, Jose Ignacio & Rebollo Sanz, Yolanda, 2005. "Wage changes through job mobility in Europe: A multinomial endogenous switching approach," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 531-555, August.
- Ada Ferrer-i-Carbonell & Paul Frijters, 2002.
"How important is Methodology for the Estimates of the Determinants of Happiness?,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
02-024/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Ada Ferrer-i-Carbonell & Paul Frijters, 2004. "How Important is Methodology for the estimates of the determinants of Happiness?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(497), pages 641-659, 07.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1979.
"Job Matching and the Theory of Turnover,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 972-90, October.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00203158 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gueorgui Kambourov & Iourii Manovskii, 2008. "Rising Occupational And Industry Mobility In The United States: 1968-97," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 49(1), pages 41-79, 02.
- Levy-Garboua, Louis & Montmarquette, Claude & Simonnet, Veronique, 2007.
"Job satisfaction and quits,"
Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 251-268, April.
- Louis Lévy-Garboua & Claude Montmarquette & Véronique Simonnet, 2007. "Job Satisfaction and Quits," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00203158, HAL.
- Freeman, Richard B, 1978.
"Job Satisfaction as an Economic Variable,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 68(2), pages 135-41, May.
- Farber, Henry S., 1999. "Mobility and stability: The dynamics of job change in labor markets," Handbook of Labor Economics, in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 37, pages 2439-2483 Elsevier.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Christina H. Paxson, 1986.
"Job Characteristics and Hours of Work,"
NBER Working Papers
1895, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- George A. Akerlof & Andrew K. Rose & Janet L. Yellen, 1988. "Job Switching and Job Satisfaction in the U.S. Labor Market," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 19(2), pages 495-594.
- Audrey Light & Kathleen McGarry, 1998. "Job Change Patterns And The Wages Of Young Men," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(2), pages 276-286, May.
- Böckerman, Petri & Ilmakunnas, Pekka, 2007. "Job disamenities, job satisfaction, quit intentions, and actual separations: putting the pieces together," MPRA Paper 3245, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ronni Pavan, 2010. "The Role of Career Choice in Understanding Job Mobility," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 24(2), pages 107-127, 06.
- Derek Neal, 1998.
"The Complexity of Job Mobility Among Young Men,"
NBER Working Papers
6662, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Munasinghe, Lalith & Sigman, Karl, 2004. "A hobo syndrome? Mobility, wages, and job turnover," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 191-218, April.
- Ponzo, Michela, 2010.
"On-the-job search in Italian labour markets: an empirical analysis,"
25485, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michela Ponzo, 2012. "On-the-job Search in Italian Labor Markets: An Empirical Analysis," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(2), pages 213-232, July.
- Ponzo, Michela, 2009. "On-the-job Search in Italian Labour Markets: An Empirical Analysis," MPRA Paper 15476, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Luke Haywood, 2014. "Too Rich to Do the Dirty Work?: Wealth Effects on the Demand for Good Jobs," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1355, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Ponzo, Michela, 2009. "On-the-job search in italian labour markets: an empirical analysis," MPRA Paper 24200, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Adele Bergin, 2013. "Job Changes and Wage Changes: Estimation with Measurement Error in a Binary Variable," Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series n240-13.pdf, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.