Wage discrimination and antidiscrimination policy in unionized industries
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 105 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=108909
Unions; Bargaining; Discriminatory wage contracts; Antidiscrimination policy; J50; J51; J31;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J50 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - General
- J51 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Trade Unions: Objectives, Structure, and Effects
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Minas Vlassis, 2003. "Wage Centralization and the Scope of Firm-Union Bargaining: 'Efficient Bargains' or 'Labour Demand'?," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 71(3), pages 308-329, 06.
- Catherine C. de Fontenay & Joshua S. Gans, 2005.
"Vertical Integration in the Presence of Upstream Competition,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 36(3), pages 544-572, Autumn.
- Catherine C. de Fontenay & Joshua S. Gans, 2004. "Vertical Integration in the Presence of Upstream Competition," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 904, The University of Melbourne.
- Joshua Gans & Catherine de Fontenay, 2004. "Vertical Integration in the Presence of Upstream Competition," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 7, Econometric Society.
- Svejnar, Jan, 1986.
"Bargaining Power, Fear of Disagreement, and Wage Settlements: Theory and Evidence from U.S. Industry,"
Econometric Society, vol. 54(5), pages 1055-78, September.
- Svejnar, J., 1984. "Bargaining power, fear of disagreement and wage settlements: theory and evidence from U.S. industry," CORE Discussion Papers 1984037, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Myles, G.D. & Naylor, R.A., 1990.
"Do Union Reduce Discrimination? A Model Of Nash Bargaining Between A Union And An Employeur With Discriminatory Tastes,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
366, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Myles, Gareth D. & Naylor, Robin A., 1995. "Do unions reduce discrimination? A model of Nash bargaining between a union and an employer with discriminatory tastes," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 249-274, September.
- Azam, Jean-Paul & Rospabe, Sandrine, 2007.
"Trade unions vs. statistical discrimination: Theory and application to post-apartheid South Africa,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 417-444, September.
- Azam, Jean-Paul & Rospabé, Sandrine, 2005. "Trade Unions v. Statistical Discrimination: Theory and Application to Post-Apartheid South Africa," IDEI Working Papers 348, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Minas Vlassis & Nick Drydakis, 2007.
"Ethnic Discrimination in the Greek Labour Market: Occupational Access, Insurance Coverage, and Wage Offers,"
0715, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Nick Drydakis & Minas Vlassis, 2010. "Ethnic Discrimination In The Greek Labour Market: Occupational Access, Insurance Coverage And Wage Offers," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 78(3), pages 201-218, 06.
- Nash, John, 1953. "Two-Person Cooperative Games," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 21(1), pages 128-140, April.
- Corneo, Giacomo, 1995. "National wage bargaining in an internationally integrated product market," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 503-520, September.
- Peter G. Gahan, 2002. "(What) do unions maximise? Evidence from survey data," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(3), pages 279-297, May.
- Maarten Vendrik & Christiane Schwieren, 2010.
"Identification, screening and stereotyping in labour market discrimination,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 99(2), pages 141-171, March.
- Vendrik, Maarten & Schwieren, Christiane, 2009. "Identification, Screening and Stereotyping in Labour Market Discrimination," IZA Discussion Papers 4571, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Oswald, Andrew J, 1982. "The Microeconomic Theory of the Trade Union," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(367), pages 576-95, September.
- Clask, A. & Oswald, A., 1992. "Trade Union Utility Functions: A survey of Union Leaders' Views," Economics Series Working Papers 99132, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.