Social Science & Medicine
2007, Volume 64, Issue 12
- 2476-2486 Emerging health disparities in Botswana: Examining the situation of orphans during the AIDS epidemic
by Miller, Candace Marie & Gruskin, Sofia & Subramanian, S.V. & Heymann, Jody
- 2487-2498 Genetics, insurance and participation: How a Citizens' Jury reached its verdict
by Bennett, Paul & Smith, Susan J.
- 2499-2503 Do NHS clinicians and members of the public share the same views about reducing inequalities in health?
by Tsuchiya, Aki & Dolan, Paul
- 2504-2519 Who kicks the habit and how they do it: Socioeconomic differences across methods of quitting smoking in the USA
by Lillard, Dean R. & Plassmann, Vandana & Kenkel, Donald & Mathios, Alan
- 2520-2532 Perceived job stress and sleep-related breathing disturbance in Japanese male workers
by Nakata, Akinori & Takahashi, Masaya & Ikeda, Tomoko & Haratani, Takashi & Hojou, Minoru & Araki, Shunichi
- 2533-2549 How do objective and subjective assessments of neighbourhood influence social and physical functioning in older age? Findings from a British survey of ageing
by Bowling, Ann & Stafford, Mai
- 2550-2564 Oncologists' and specialist cancer nurses' approaches to complementary and alternative medicine and their impact on patient action
by Tovey, P. & Broom, Alex
- 2565-2577 On physician well being--You'll get by with a little help from your friends
by Wallace, Jean Elizabeth & Lemaire, Jane
- 2578-2593 Buprenorphine substitution treatment in France: Drug users' views of the doctor-user relationship
by Guichard, Anne & Lert, France & Brodeur, Jean-Marc & Richard, Lucie
- 2594-2600 Correlates of family, school, and peer variables with adolescent substance use in Taiwan
by Wu, Grace Hui-Min & Chong, Mian-Yoon & Cheng, Andrew T.A. & Chen, Tony Hsiu-Hsi
2007, Volume 64, Issue 11
- 2177-2188 Understanding the sociocultural roots of childhood obesity: Food practices among Latino families of Bushwick, Brooklyn
by Kaufman, Leslie & Karpati, Adam
- 2189-2200 African-American men's perceptions about prostate cancer: Implications for designing educational interventions
by Allen, Jennifer D. & Kennedy, Mark & Wilson-Glover, Athene & Gilligan, Timothy D.
- 2201-2209 Masculinity and perceived normative health behaviors as predictors of men's health behaviors
by Mahalik, James R. & Burns, Shaun M. & Syzdek, Matthew
- 2210-2222 Scaling-up a public health innovation: A comparative study of post-abortion care in Bolivia and Mexico
by Billings, Deborah L. & Crane, Barbara B. & Benson, Janie & Solo, Julie & Fetters, Tamara
- 2223-2235 "Diabetes is my companion": Lifestyle and self-management among good and poor control Mexican diabetic patients
by de Alba Garcia, Javier Garcia & Rocha, Ana L. Salcedo & Lopez, Ivette & Baer, Roberta D. & Dressler, William & Weller, Susan C.
- 2236-2247 The value of "life at any cost": Talk about stopping kidney dialysis
by Russ, Ann J. & Shim, Janet K. & Kaufman, Sharon R.
- 2248-2259 Fetal conditions and fatal decisions: Ethical dilemmas in ultrasound screening in Vietnam
by Gammeltoft, Tine & Nguyen, Hanh Thi Thuy
- 2260-2271 Discourses of normality and difference: Responses to diagnosis and treatment of gynaecological cancer of Australian women
by Wray, Natalie & Markovic, Milica & Manderson, Lenore
- 2272-2284 Psychosocial sequelae of cesarean delivery: Review and analysis of their causes and implications
by Lobel, Marci & DeLuca, Robyn Stein
- 2285-2296 Childhood cognitive ability and adult mental health in the British 1946 birth cohort
by Hatch, Stephani L. & Jones, Peter B. & Kuh, Diana & Hardy, Rebecca & Wadsworth, Michael E.J. & Richards, Marcus
- 2297-2310 Health concordance within couples: A systematic review
by Meyler, Deanna & Stimpson, Jim P. & Peek, M. Kristen
- 2311-2323 Engagement in a cohesive group and higher-level functional capacity in older adults in Japan: A case of the Mujin
by Kondo, Naoki & Minai, Junko & Imai, Hisashi & Yamagata, Zentaro
- 2324-2341 Social capital and rates of gonorrhea and syphilis in the United States: Spatial regression analyses of state-level associations
by Semaan, Salaam & Sternberg, Maya & Zaidi, Akbar & Aral, Sevgi O.
- 2342-2354 Does "community social capital" contribute to population health?
by Folland, Sherman
- 2355-2361 When time is more than money: The allocation of time between work and leisure in HIV-infected patients
by Sendi, Pedram & Brouwer, Werner B.F. & Bucher, Heiner C. & Weber, Rainer & Battegay, Manuel
- 2362-2377 Distancing the mad: Jarvis's Law and the spatial distribution of admissions to the Hamilton Lunatic Asylum in Canada, 1876-1902
by Smith, Christopher A. & Wright, David & Day, Shawn
2007, Volume 64, Issue 10
- 1977-1983 What to make of it? The (Re)emergence of a biological conceptualization of race in health disparities research
by Frank, Reanne
- 1984-1996 The association between self-reported racial discrimination and 12-month DSM-IV mental disorders among Asian Americans nationwide
by Gee, Gilbert C. & Spencer, Michael & Chen, Juan & Yip, Tiffany & Takeuchi, David T.
- 1997-2007 Job stress and poor sleep quality: Data from an American sample of full-time workers
by Knudsen, Hannah K. & Ducharme, Lori J. & Roman, Paul M.
- 2008-2015 Increasing inequalities in health: Is it an artefact caused by the selective movement of people?
by Connolly, Sheelah & O'Reilly, Dermot & Rosato, Michael
- 2016-2029 Does the measure of economic disadvantage matter? Exploring the effect of individual and relative deprivation on intrauterine growth restriction
by Reagan, Patricia B. & Salsberry, Pamela J. & Olsen, Randall J.
- 2030-2042 Socio-economic status and body mass index in low-income Mexican adults
by Fernald, Lia C.H.
- 2043-2057 China's one-child policy and overweight children in the 1990s
by Yang, Juhua
- 2058-2069 Children, AIDS and the politics of orphan care in Ethiopia: The extended family revisited
by Abebe, Tatek & Aase, Asbjorn
- 2070-2082 Performance of predictors: Evaluating sustainability in community-directed treatment projects of the African programme for onchocerciasis control
by Amazigo, Uche & Okeibunor, Joseph & Matovu, Victoria & Zouré, Honorat & Bump, Jesse & Seketeli, Azodoga
- 2083-2095 Applying a framework for assessing the quality of maternal health services in urban India
by Hulton, Louise Anne & Matthews, Zoë & Stones, Robert William
- 2096-2106 A case study of the elder care functions of a Chilean non-governmental organization
by Pereira, Javier & Angel, Ronald J. & Angel, Jacqueline L.
- 2107-2114 The use of psychosocial criteria in Australian patient selection guidelines for kidney transplantation
by Anderson, Kate & Cass, Alan & Cunningham, Joan & Snelling, Paul & Devitt, Jeannie & Preece, Cilla
- 2115-2128 Examining the role of context in the implementation of a deliberative public participation experiment: Results from a Canadian comparative study
by Abelson, Julia & Forest, Pierre-Gerlier & Eyles, John & Casebeer, Ann & Martin, Elisabeth & Mackean, Gail
- 2129-2137 Centralized or decentralized? A case study of Norwegian hospital reform
by Magnussen, Jon & Hagen, Terje P. & Kaarboe, Oddvar M.
- 2138-2151 Antidepressants and youth: Healing or harmful?
by Markowitz, Sara & Cuellar, Alison
- 2152-2164 Culture, context, and sexual risk among Northern Plains American Indian Youth
by Kaufman, Carol E. & Desserich, Jennifer & Big Crow, Cecelia K. & Holy Rock, Bonnie & Keane, Ellen & Mitchell, Christina M.
- 2165-2176 Clinical encounters between nurses and First Nations women in a Western Canadian hospital
by Browne, Annette J.
2007, Volume 64, Issue 9
- 1789-1801 Affect and enacted support in couples undergoing in-vitro fertilization: When providing is better than receiving
by Knoll, Nina & Kienle, Rolf & Bauer, Katharina & Pfüller, Bettina & Luszczynska, Aleksandra
- 1802-1811 Correlates of depressive symptomatology during the second trimester of pregnancy among Hong Kong Chinese
by Lau, Ying & Keung, Daniel Wong Fu
- 1812-1822 Real life is different: A qualitative study of why women delay abortion until the second trimester in Vietnam
by Gallo, Maria F. & Nghia, Nguyen C.
- 1823-1831 Internalized stigma, discrimination, and depression among men and women living with HIV/AIDS in Cape Town, South Africa
by Simbayi, Leickness C. & Kalichman, Seth & Strebel, Anna & Cloete, Allanise & Henda, Nomvo & Mqeketo, Ayanda
- 1832-1841 Evaluation of the chronic disease self-management program (CDSMP) among chronically ill older people in the Netherlands
by Elzen, Henrike & Slaets, Joris P.J. & Snijders, Tom A.B. & Steverink, Nardi
- 1842-1852 Telling stories: News media, health literacy and public policy in Canada
by Hayes, Michael & Ross, Ian E. & Gasher, Mike & Gutstein, Donald & Dunn, James R. & Hackett, Robert A.
- 1853-1862 How do patients evaluate and make use of online health information?
by Sillence, Elizabeth & Briggs, Pam & Harris, Peter Richard & Fishwick, Lesley
- 1863-1875 Prioritising patients on surgical waiting lists: A conjoint analysis study on the priority judgements of patients, surgeons, occupational physicians, and general practitioners
by Oudhoff, Jurriaan P. & Timmermans, D.R.M. & Knol, D.L. & Bijnen, A.B. & Van der Wal, G.
- 1876-1891 Sub-Saharan Africa: Beyond the health worker migration crisis?
by Connell, John & Zurn, Pascal & Stilwell, Barbara & Awases, Magda & Braichet, Jean-Marc
- 1892-1903 Does increased gender equality lead to a convergence of health outcomes for men and women? A study of Swedish municipalities
by Backhans, Mona C. & Lundberg, Michael & Månsdotter, Anna
- 1904-1913 Average household income, crime, and smoking behaviour in a local area: The Finnish 10-Town study
by Virtanen, Marianna & Kivimäki, Mika & Kouvonen, Anne & Elovainio, Marko & Linna, Anne & Oksanen, Tuula & Vahtera, Jussi
- 1914-1924 General preferences for involvement in treatment decision making among European women with urinary incontinence
by O' Donnell, Máire & Monz, Brigitta & Hunskaar, Steinar
- 1925-1936 There's no place like (a) home: Ontological security among persons with serious mental illness in the United States
by Padgett, Deborah K.
- 1937-1947 Agency and dependency within treatment: Drug treatment clients negotiating methadone and antidepressants
by Holt, Martin
- 1948-1959 The production of disability culture among young African-American men
by Devlieger, Patrick J. & Albrecht, Gary L. & Hertz, Miram
- 1960-1969 Ethical challenges in the design and conduct of locally relevant international health research
by Simon, Christian & Mosavel, Maghboeba & van Stade, Debbie
- 1970-1976 People, other animals and health knowledges: Towards a research agenda
by Rock, Melanie & Mykhalovskiy, Eric & Schlich, Thomas
2007, Volume 64, Issue 8
- 1549-1559 Examining attribution model of self-stigma on social support and psychological well-being among people with HIV+/AIDS
by Mak, Winnie W.S. & Cheung, Rebecca Y.M. & Law, Rita W. & Woo, Jean & Li, Patrick C.K. & Chung, Rita W.Y.
- 1560-1571 Drug abuse, HIV/AIDS and stigmatisation in a Dai community in Yunnan, China
by Deng, Rui & Li, Jianghong & Sringernyuang, Luechai & Zhang, Kaining
- 1572-1584 An information-motivation-behavioral skills (IMB) model-based HIV prevention intervention for truck drivers in India
by Cornman, Deborah H. & Schmiege, Sarah J. & Bryan, Angela & Joseph Benziger, T. & Fisher, Jeffrey D.
- 1585-1599 The political economy of AIDS leadership in developing countries: An exploratory analysis
by Bor, Jacob
- 1600-1610 Seeking help for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in developing countries: A study of parental explanatory models in Goa, India
by Wilcox, Claire E. & Washburn, Rachel & Patel, Vikram
- 1611-1623 Legacies of primary health care in an age of health sector reform: Vietnam's commune clinics in transition
by Fritzen, Scott A.
- 1624-1635 Neither seen nor heard: Children and homecare policy in Canada
by Peter, Elizabeth & Spalding, Karen & Kenny, Nuala & Conrad, Patricia & McKeever, Patricia & Macfarlane, Amy
- 1636-1650 A spatial analysis of the determinants of pneumonia and influenza hospitalizations in Ontario (1992-2001)
by Crighton, Eric J. & Elliott, Susan J. & Moineddin, Rahim & Kanaroglou, Pavlos & Upshur, Ross
- 1651-1664 KW - Quebec: A local-scale evaluation system
by Philibert, M.D. & Pampalon, R. & Hamel, D. & Thouez, J.-P. & Loiselle, C.G.
- 1665-1678 Health differences between European countries
by Olsen, Karen M. & Dahl, Svenn-Åge
- 1679-1691 Relieving suffering at the end of life: Practitioners' perspectives on palliative sedation from three European countries
by Seymour, Jane E. & Janssens, Rien & Broeckaert, Bert
- 1692-1703 'Getting on with life': The experiences of older people using complementary health care
by Cartwright, Tina
- 1704-1718 Constructions of sexuality and intimacy after cancer: Patient and health professional perspectives
by Hordern, Amanda Jane & Street, Annette F.
- 1719-1737 Preliminary development and validation of an Australian community participation questionnaire: Types of participation and associations with distress in a coastal community
by Berry, Helen Louise & Rodgers, Bryan & Dear, Keith B.G.
- 1738-1753 Several methods to investigate relative attribute impact in stated preference experiments
by Lancsar, Emily & Louviere, Jordan & Flynn, Terry
- 1754-1765 Complexity and reflexivity: Two important issues for economic evaluation in health care
by Lessard, Chantale
- 1766-1775 Racial disparities in diabetes a century ago: Evidence from the pension files of US Civil War veterans
by Humphreys, Margaret & Costanzo, Philip & Haynie, Kerry L. & Østbye, Truls & Boly, Idrissa & Belsky, Daniel & Sloan, Frank
- 1776-1787 Narratives from caregivers of children surviving the terrorist attack in Beslan: Issues of health, culture, and resilience
by Moscardino, Ughetta & Axia, Giovanna & Scrimin, Sara & Capello, Fabia
2007, Volume 64, Issue 7
- 1355-1362 Pathways of influence on equity in health
by Starfield, Barbara
- 1363-1366 We also need bold experiments: A response to Starfield's "Commentary: Pathways of influence on equity in health"
by Braveman, Paula A.
- 1367-1370 The challenge of prevention: A response to Starfield's "Commentary: Pathways of influence on equity in health"
by Wilkinson, Richard
- 1371-1372 Pathways of influence on equity in health: A rejoinder to Braveman and Wilkinson
by Starfield, Barbara
- 1373-1383 Social capital, trust in the health-care system and self-rated health: The role of access to health care in a population-based study
by Mohseni, Mohabbat & Lindstrom, Martin
- 1384-1391 Is social participation associated with cardiovascular disease risk factors?
by Ellaway, Anne & Macintyre, Sally
- 1392-1406 Linked versus unlinked estimates of mortality and length of life by education and marital status: Evidence from the first record linkage study in Lithuania
by Shkolnikov, Vladimir M. & Jasilionis, Domantas & Andreev, Evgeny M. & Jdanov, Dmitri A. & Stankuniene, Vladislava & Ambrozaitiene, Dalia
- 1407-1419 Quantifying the urban environment: A scale measure of urbanicity outperforms the urban-rural dichotomy
by Dahly, Darren L. & Adair, Linda S.
- 1420-1424 Business cycles, migration and health
by Halliday, Timothy J.
- 1425-1437 The impact of disability transitions on social inclusion
by Gannon, Brenda & Nolan, Brian
- 1438-1449 Health inequalities in Scotland and England: the contrasting journeys of ideas from research into policy
by Smith, Katherine Elizabeth
- 1450-1462 Factors affecting primary care physicians' perceptions of health system reform in Israel: Professional autonomy versus organizational affiliation
by Gross, Revital & Tabenkin, Hava & Brammli-Greenberg, Shuli
- 1463-1474 Health care for the poor--An exploration of primary-care physicians' perceptions of poor patients and of their helping behaviors
by Monnickendam, Menachem & Monnickendam, Shlomo M. & Katz, Chana & Katan, Joseph
- 1475-1486 Professional accounts of electroconvulsive therapy: A discourse analysis
by Stevens, Peter & Harper, David J.
- 1487-1500 Deciding to resuscitate extremely premature babies: How do parents and neonatologists engage in the decision?
by Payot, Antoine & Gendron, Sylvie & Lefebvre, Francine & Doucet, Hubert
- 1501-1511 Treating asthma with a self-management model of illness behaviour in an Australian community pharmacy setting
by Smith, Lorraine & Bosnic-Anticevich, Sinthia Z. & Mitchell, Bernadette & Saini, Bandana & Krass, Ines & Armour, Carol
- 1512-1523 Pragmatic pluralism: Mutual tolerance of contested understandings between orthodox and alternative practitioners in autologous stem cell transplantation
by Little, Miles & Jordens, Christopher F.C. & McGrath, Catherine & Montgomery, Kathleen & Kerridge, Ian & Carter, Stacy M.
- 1524-1535 Culture and stigma: Adding moral experience to stigma theory
by Yang, Lawrence Hsin & Kleinman, Arthur & Link, Bruce G. & Phelan, Jo C. & Lee, Sing & Good, Byron
- 1536-1547 Intimate partner violence among Afghan women living in refugee camps in Pakistan
by Hyder, Adnan A. & Noor, Zarin & Tsui, Emma
2007, Volume 64, Issue 6
- 1153-1165 Nursing in Bangladesh: Rhetoric and reality
by Hadley, Mary B. & Roques, Angie
- 1166-1177 Why Bangladeshi nurses avoid 'nursing': Social and structural factors on hospital wards in Bangladesh
by Hadley, Mary B. & Blum, Lauren S. & Mujaddid, Saraana & Parveen, Shahana & Nuremowla, Sadid & Haque, Mohammad Enamul & Ullah, Mohammad
- 1178-1191 Workplace harassment patterning, gender, and utilization of professional services: Findings from a US national study
by Shannon, Candice A. & Rospenda, Kathleen M. & Richman, Judith A.
- 1192-1203 John Henryism, self-reported physical health indicators, and the mediating role of perceived stress among high socio-economic status Asian immigrants
by Haritatos, Jana & Mahalingam, Ramaswami & James, Sherman A.
- 1204-1215 Course and predictors of mental health of unaccompanied refugee minors in the Netherlands: One year follow-up
by Bean, Tammy M. & Eurelings-Bontekoe, Elisabeth & Spinhoven, Philip
- 1216-1230 Gender and health care utilization: The role of mental distress and help-seeking propensity
by Koopmans, Gerrit T. & Lamers, Leida M.
- 1231-1241 Evaluations of community mental health care in low- and middle-income countries: A 10-year review of the literature
by Wiley-Exley, Elizabeth
- 1242-1252 Modelling covariates for the SF-6D standard gamble health state preference data using a nonparametric Bayesian method
by Kharroubi, Samer & Brazier, John E. & O'Hagan, Anthony
- 1253-1264 Decentralisation and convergence in health among the provinces of Spain (1980-2001)
by Montero-Granados, Roberto & de Dios Jiménez, Juan & Martín, José
- 1265-1277 Private or public? An empirical analysis of the importance of work values for work sector choice among Norwegian medical specialists
by Midttun, Linda
- 1278-1284 Why are you draining your brain? Factors underlying decisions of graduating Lebanese medical students to migrate
by Akl, Elie A. & Maroun, Nancy & Major, Stella & Afif, Claude & Chahoud, Bechara & Choucair, Jacques & Sakr, Mazen & Schünemann, Holger J.
- 1285-1296 Re-examining 'professionalism' in pharmacy: A South African perspective
by Williams, Kevin Frank
- 1297-1310 The meaning of patient involvement and participation in health care consultations: A taxonomy
by Thompson, Andrew G.H.
- 1311-1325 A comparative analysis of the use of maternal health services between teenagers and older mothers in sub-Saharan Africa: Evidence from Demographic and Health Surveys (DHS)
by Magadi, Monica Akinyi & Agwanda, Alfred O. & Obare, Francis O.
- 1326-1342 Exceptions to the rule: Healthy deprived areas and unhealthy wealthy areas
by van Hooijdonk, Carolien & Droomers, Mariël & van Loon, Jeanne A.M. & van der Lucht, Fons & Kunst, Anton E.
- 1343-1354 Off the couch and on the move: Global public health and the medicalisation of nature
by Brown, Tim & Bell, Morag
2007, Volume 64, Issue 5
- 1015-1018 HIV/AIDS, gender, agency and empowerment issues in Africa
by Kalipeni, Ezekiel & Oppong, Joseph & Zerai, Assata
- 1019-1031 Urban-rural differences in the socioeconomic deprivation-Sexual behavior link in Kenya
by Dodoo, F. Nii-Amoo & Zulu, Eliya M. & Ezeh, Alex C.
- 1032-1041 The poverty-HIV/AIDS nexus in Africa: A livelihood approach
by Masanjala, Winford
- 1042-1056 Market incentives, human lives, and AIDS vaccines
by Craddock, Susan
- 1057-1066 Sexual risk behavior among people living with HIV/AIDS in Togo
by Moore, Ami R. & Oppong, Joseph
- 1067-1078 Cohabitation, marriage, and 'sexual monogamy' in Nairobi's slums
by Hattori, Megan Klein & Dodoo, F. Nii-Amoo
- 1079-1089 Factors inhibiting educated mothers in Kenya from giving meaningful sex-education to their daughters
by Mbugua, Njeri
- 1090-1101 Sex in Geneva, sex in Lilongwe, and sex in Balaka
by Tawfik, Linda & Watkins, Susan Cotts
- 1102-1115 The condom is an 'intruder' in marriage: Evidence from rural Malawi
by Chimbiri, Agnes M.
- 1116-1127 Concern and practice among men about HIV/AIDS in low socioeconomic income areas of Lilongwe, Malawi
by Kalipeni, Ezekiel & Ghosh, Jayati
- 1128-1150 HIV/AIDS and the construction of Sub-Saharan Africa: Heuristic lessons from the social sciences for policy
by Yeboah, Ian E.A.
2007, Volume 64, Issue 4
- 757-761 Socioeconomic status and health in childhood: A comment on Chen, Martin and Matthews, "Socioeconomic status and health: Do gradients differ within childhood and adolescence?" (62:9, 2006, 2161-2170)
by Case, Anne & Paxson, Christina & Vogl, Tom
- 762-764 Issues in exploring variation in childhood socioeconomic gradients by age: A response to Case, Paxson, and Vogl
by Chen, Edith & Martin, Andrew D. & Matthews, Karen A.
- 765-775 Is attachment style a source of resilience against health inequalities at work?
by Bartley, Mel & Head, Jenny & Stansfeld, Stephen
- 776-781 Is precarious employment more damaging to women's health than men's?
by Menéndez, María & Benach, Joan & Muntaner, Carles & Amable, Marcelo & O'Campo, Patricia
- 782-793 Workplace injury or "part of the job"?: Towards a gendered understanding of injuries and complaints among young workers
by Curtis Breslin, F. & Polzer, Jessica & MacEachen, Ellen & Morrongiello, Barbara & Shannon, Harry
- 794-806 The social distribution of risk at work: Acute injuries and physical assaults among healthcare workers working in a long-term care facility
by Myers, Douglas J. & Kriebel, David & Karasek, Robert & Punnett, Laura & Wegman, David H.
- 807-817 Older siblings as supervisors: Does this influence young children's risk of unintentional injury?
by Morrongiello, Barbara A. & MacIsaac, Trevor J. & Klemencic, Nora
- 818-829 Income change at retirement, neighbourhood-based social support, and ischaemic heart disease: Results from the prospective cohort study "Men born in 1914"
by Chaix, Basile & Isacsson, Sven-Olof & Råstam, Lennart & Lindström, Martin & Merlo, Juan
- 830-841 Social support at work and the risk of myocardial infarction and stroke in women and men
by André-Petersson, Lena & Engström, Gunnar & Hedblad, Bo & Janzon, Lars & Rosvall, Maria
- 842-849 Prevalence of mental disorders in children and adolescents from a Spanish slum
by Ezpeleta, Lourdes & Guillamón, Noemí & Granero, Roser & de la Osa, Núria & María Domènech, Josep & Moya, Isabel
- 850-857 Psychological distress among parents of children with mental retardation in the United Arab Emirates
by Khamis, Vivian
- 858-870 China's transition: The effect of rapid urbanization on adult occupational physical activity
by Monda, Keri L. & Gordon-Larsen, Penny & Stevens, June & Popkin, Barry M.
- 871-883 Characteristics of the institutionalized and community-residing oldest-old in China
by Gu, Danan & Dupre, Matthew E. & Liu, Guangya
- 884-896 Health insurance benefit packages prioritized by low-income clients in India: Three criteria to estimate effectiveness of choice
by Dror, David Mark & Koren, Ruth & Ost, Alexander & Binnendijk, Erika & Vellakkal, Sukumar & Danis, Marion
- 897-910 Priority setting in health care using multi-attribute utility theory and programme budgeting and marginal analysis (PBMA)
by Peacock, Stuart J. & Richardson, Jeff R.J. & Carter, Rob & Edwards, Diana
- 911-923 Managing risk: Risk perception, trust and control in a Primary Care Partnership
by Walker, Rae & Bisset, Penny & Adam, Jenny
- 924-937 Interpreters as co-diagnosticians: Overlapping roles and services between providers and interpreters
by Hsieh, Elaine
- 938-948 Re-expressing the division of British medicine under the NHS: The importance of locality in general practitioners' oral histories
by Smith, Graham & Nicolson, Malcolm
- 949-953 Social marketing: Should it be used to promote evidence-based health information?
by Formoso, Giulio & Marata, Anna Maria & Magrini, Nicola
- 954-964 Hope is the pillar of the universe: Health-care providers' experiences of delivering anti-retroviral therapy in primary health-care clinics in the Free State province of South Africa
by Stein, Joanne & Lewin, Simon & Fairall, Lara
- 965-975 Assisting or compromising intervention? The concept of 'culture' in biomedical and social research on HIV/AIDS
by Taylor, Julie J.
- 976-988 Achieving sustainability of community-based dengue control in Santiago de Cuba
by Toledo Romani, Maria E. & Vanlerberghe, Veerle & Perez, Dennis & Lefevre, Pierre & Ceballos, Enrique & Bandera, Digna & Baly Gil, Alberto & Van der Stuyft, Patrick
- 989-1000 Making sense of dementia in the social world: A qualitative study
by Langdon, Shani A. & Eagle, Andrew & Warner, James
- 1001-1014 Meaning and coherence of self and health: An approach based on narratives of life events
by Ville, Isabelle & Khlat, Myriam
2007, Volume 64, Issue 3
- 509-520 The desirability and feasibility of scaling up community health insurance in low-income settings--Lessons from Armenia
by Poletti, Tim & Balabanova, Dina & Ghazaryan, Olga & Kocharyan, Hasmik & Hakobyan, Margarita & Arakelyan, Karen & Normand, Charles
- 521-530 Gifts, bribes and solicitions: Print media and the social construction of informal payments to doctors in Taiwan
by Chiu, Yu-Chan & Smith, Katherine Clegg & Morlock, Laura & Wissow, Lawrence
- 531-542 Using focus groups to develop contingent valuation scenarios--A case study of women's groups in rural Nepal
by Borghi, Josephine & Shrestha, Daya L. & Shrestha, Deepa & Jan, Stephen
- 543-553 Disciplinary careers of drug-impaired physicians
by Holtman, Matthew C.
- 554-561 The sustainability of functional foods
by Sibbel, Anne
- 562-576 Integrating conventional science and aboriginal perspectives on diabetes using fuzzy cognitive maps
by Giles, Brian G. & Findlay, C. Scott & Haas, George & LaFrance, Brenda & Laughing, Wesley & Pembleton, Sakakohe
- 577-588 Exploring the altered daily geographies and lifeworlds of women living with fibromyalgia syndrome: A mixed-method approach
by Crooks, Valorie A.
- 589-603 Towards an epidemiological understanding of the effects of long-term institutional changes on population health: A case study of Canada versus the USA
by Siddiqi, Arjumand & Hertzman, Clyde
- 604-616 Culture as an explanation for substance-related problems: A cross-national study among French and Dutch adolescents
by Knibbe, Ronald Arnold & Joosten, Jan & Choquet, Marie & Derickx, Mieke & Morin, Delphine & Monshouwer, Karin
- 617-632 Place and provision: Mapping mental health advocacy services in London
by Foley, Ronan & Platzer, Hazel
- 633-645 Places, people and mental health: A multilevel analysis of economic inactivity
by Fone, David & Dunstan, Frank & Williams, Gareth & Lloyd, Keith & Palmer, Stephen
- 646-655 Early life determinants of musculoskeletal sickness absence in a cohort of Norwegians born in 1967-1976
by Kristensen, Petter & Bjerkedal, Tor & Irgens, Lorentz M.
- 656-664 State-level homicide victimization rates in the US in relation to survey measures of household firearm ownership, 2001-2003
by Miller, Matthew & Hemenway, David & Azrael, Deborah
- 665-675 Expansion of HIV/AIDS in China: Lessons from Yunnan Province
by Xiao, Yan & Kristensen, Sibylle & Sun, Jiangping & Lu, Lin & Vermund, Sten H.
- 676-688 In practice, the theory is different: A processual analysis of breastfeeding in northeast Brazil
by Scavenius, Michael & van Hulsel, Lonneke & Meijer, Julia & Wendte, Hans & Gurgel, Ricardo
- 689-700 The changing political economy of sex in South Africa: The significance of unemployment and inequalities to the scale of the AIDS pandemic
by Hunter, Mark
- 701-712 Home management of childhood diarrhoea in southern Mali--Implications for the introduction of zinc treatment
by Ellis, Amy A. & Winch, Peter & Daou, Zana & Gilroy, Kate E. & Swedberg, Eric
- 713-723 Family context of mental health risk in Tsunami-exposed adolescents: Findings from a pilot study in Sri Lanka
by Wickrama, K.A.S. & Kaspar, Violet
- 724-734 Genetic counseling communication with an African American BRCA1 kindred
by Ellington, Lee & Maxwel, Amiee & Baty, Bonnie J. & Roter, Debra & Dudley, William N. & Kinney, Anita Y.
- 735-746 Recovery following stroke: The role of self-management education
by Kendall, Elizabeth & Catalano, Tara & Kuipers, Pim & Posner, Natasha & Buys, Nicholas & Charker, Jill
- 747-754 The decline in Australian young male suicide
by Morrell, Stephen & Page, Andrew N. & Taylor, Richard J.
2007, Volume 64, Issue 2
- 259-271 Seven habits of highly effective global public-private health partnerships: Practice and potential
by Buse, Kent & Harmer, Andrew M.
- 272-282 Tackling community concerns about commercialisation and genetic research: A modest interdisciplinary proposal
by Haddow, Gillian & Laurie, Graeme & Cunningham-Burley, Sarah & Hunter, Kathryn G.
- 283-286 Selecting new health technologies for evaluation: Can clinical experts predict which new anticancer drugs will impact Danish health care?
by Douw, Karla & Vondeling, Hindrik
- 287-291 Intellectual property organizations and pharmaceutical patents in Africa
by Deiss, Robert
- 292-302 Dignity and health: A review
by Jacobson, Nora
- 303-313 Participation and knowledge related to a nursing home admission decision among a working age population
by Miller, Nancy & Weinstein, Marcie
- 314-325 Ambiguities of chronic illness management and challenges to the medical error paradigm
by Lutfey, Karen E. & Freese, Jeremy
- 326-337 'Real men don't diet': An analysis of contemporary newspaper representations of men, food and health
by Gough, Brendan
- 338-349 Masculinities fathering and health: The experiences of African-Caribbean and white working class fathers
by Williams, Robert Alan
- 350-362 Young men's ambivalence toward alcohol
by de Visser, Richard O. & Smith, Jonathan A.
- 363-374 Clinic consultations with children and parents on the dietary management of cystic fibrosis
by Savage, Eileen & Callery, Peter
- 375-388 Maternal social and pyschological conditions and physical growth in low-income children in Piauí, Northeast Brazil
by Surkan, Pamela J. & Ryan, Louise M. & Carvalho Vieira, Lina M. & Berkman, Lisa F. & Peterson, Karen E.
- 389-400 Daily negative interactions and mood among patients and partners dealing with multiple sclerosis (MS): The moderating effects of emotional support
by Kleiboer, Annet M. & Kuijer, Roeline G. & Hox, Joop J. & Jongen, Peter J.H. & Frequin, Stephan T.F.M. & Bensing, Jozien M.
- 401-410 The contribution of working conditions and social support to the onset of depressive and anxiety disorders among male and female employees
by Plaisier, Inger & de Bruijn, Jeanne G.M. & de Graaf, Ron & Have, Margreet ten & Beekman, Aartjan T.F. & Penninx, Brenda W.J.H.
- 411-416 Effect of personal cancer history and family cancer history on levels of psychological distress
by Rabin, Carolyn & Rogers, Michelle L. & Pinto, Bernardine M. & Nash, Justin M. & Frierson, Georita M. & Trask, Peter C.
- 417-427 Feeling like a burden: Exploring the perspectives of patients at the end of life
by McPherson, Christine J. & Wilson, Keith G. & Murray, Mary Ann
- 428-438 Some issues in the provision of adult bereavement support by UK hospices
by Field, David & Payne, Sheila & Relf, Marilyn & Reid, David
- 439-450 The decision-making process of parents regarding organ donation of their brain dead child: A Greek study
by Bellali, Thalia & Papadatou, Danai
- 451-461 Combining individual and ecological data to determine compositional and contextual socio-economic risk factors for suicide
by Agerbo, Esben & Sterne, Jonathan A.C. & Gunnell, David J.
- 462-476 A multilevel decomposition approach to estimate the role of program location and neighborhood disadvantage in racial disparities in alcohol treatment completion
by Jacobson, Jerry Owen & Robinson, Paul & Bluthenthal, Ricky N.
- 477-495 Social cohesion, social support, and health among Latinos in the United States
by Mulvaney-Day, Norah E. & Alegría, Margarita & Sribney, William
- 496-507 The necessary contradictions of 'community-led' health promotion: A case study of HIV prevention in an Indian red light district
by Cornish, Flora & Ghosh, Riddhi
2007, Volume 64, Issue 1
- 1-4 Editorial
by Annandale, Ellen
- 5-20 Social capital and mental health: A comparative analysis of four low income countries
by De Silva, Mary J. & Huttly, Sharon R. & Harpham, Trudy & Kenward, Michael G.
- 21-34 Low-linking social capital as a predictor of mental disorders: A cohort study of 4.5 million Swedes
by Lofors, Jonas & Sundquist, Kristina
- 35-49 Does social capital enhance health and well-being? Evidence from rural China
by Yip, Winnie & Subramanian, S.V. & Mitchell, Andrew D. & Lee, Dominic T.S. & Wang, Jian & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 50-63 Measuring dimensions of social capital: Evidence from surveys in poor communities in Nicaragua
by Mitchell, Andrew David & Bossert, Thomas J.
- 64-76 Marital status, intergenerational co-residence and cardiovascular and all-cause mortality among middle-aged and older men and women during wartime in Beirut: Gains and liabilities
by Sibai, Abla M. & Yount, Kathryn M. & Fletcher, Astrid
- 77-94 Marital status and mortality in the elderly: A systematic review and meta-analysis
by Manzoli, Lamberto & Villari, Paolo & M Pirone, Giovanni & Boccia, Antonio
- 95-111 The shackles of misfortune: Social adversity assessment and representation in a chronic-disease epidemiological setting
by Surtees, Paul G. & Wainwright, Nicholas W.J.
- 112-124 Irreconcilable differences: Health professionals' constructions of adolescence and motherhood
by Breheny, Mary & Stephens, Christine