Social Science & Medicine
2007, Volume 64, Issue 3
- 747-754 The decline in Australian young male suicide
by Morrell, Stephen & Page, Andrew N. & Taylor, Richard J.
2007, Volume 64, Issue 2
- 259-271 Seven habits of highly effective global public-private health partnerships: Practice and potential
by Buse, Kent & Harmer, Andrew M.
- 272-282 Tackling community concerns about commercialisation and genetic research: A modest interdisciplinary proposal
by Haddow, Gillian & Laurie, Graeme & Cunningham-Burley, Sarah & Hunter, Kathryn G.
- 283-286 Selecting new health technologies for evaluation: Can clinical experts predict which new anticancer drugs will impact Danish health care?
by Douw, Karla & Vondeling, Hindrik
- 287-291 Intellectual property organizations and pharmaceutical patents in Africa
by Deiss, Robert
- 292-302 Dignity and health: A review
by Jacobson, Nora
- 303-313 Participation and knowledge related to a nursing home admission decision among a working age population
by Miller, Nancy & Weinstein, Marcie
- 314-325 Ambiguities of chronic illness management and challenges to the medical error paradigm
by Lutfey, Karen E. & Freese, Jeremy
- 326-337 'Real men don't diet': An analysis of contemporary newspaper representations of men, food and health
by Gough, Brendan
- 338-349 Masculinities fathering and health: The experiences of African-Caribbean and white working class fathers
by Williams, Robert Alan
- 350-362 Young men's ambivalence toward alcohol
by de Visser, Richard O. & Smith, Jonathan A.
- 363-374 Clinic consultations with children and parents on the dietary management of cystic fibrosis
by Savage, Eileen & Callery, Peter
- 375-388 Maternal social and pyschological conditions and physical growth in low-income children in Piauí, Northeast Brazil
by Surkan, Pamela J. & Ryan, Louise M. & Carvalho Vieira, Lina M. & Berkman, Lisa F. & Peterson, Karen E.
- 389-400 Daily negative interactions and mood among patients and partners dealing with multiple sclerosis (MS): The moderating effects of emotional support
by Kleiboer, Annet M. & Kuijer, Roeline G. & Hox, Joop J. & Jongen, Peter J.H. & Frequin, Stephan T.F.M. & Bensing, Jozien M.
- 401-410 The contribution of working conditions and social support to the onset of depressive and anxiety disorders among male and female employees
by Plaisier, Inger & de Bruijn, Jeanne G.M. & de Graaf, Ron & Have, Margreet ten & Beekman, Aartjan T.F. & Penninx, Brenda W.J.H.
- 411-416 Effect of personal cancer history and family cancer history on levels of psychological distress
by Rabin, Carolyn & Rogers, Michelle L. & Pinto, Bernardine M. & Nash, Justin M. & Frierson, Georita M. & Trask, Peter C.
- 417-427 Feeling like a burden: Exploring the perspectives of patients at the end of life
by McPherson, Christine J. & Wilson, Keith G. & Murray, Mary Ann
- 428-438 Some issues in the provision of adult bereavement support by UK hospices
by Field, David & Payne, Sheila & Relf, Marilyn & Reid, David
- 439-450 The decision-making process of parents regarding organ donation of their brain dead child: A Greek study
by Bellali, Thalia & Papadatou, Danai
- 451-461 Combining individual and ecological data to determine compositional and contextual socio-economic risk factors for suicide
by Agerbo, Esben & Sterne, Jonathan A.C. & Gunnell, David J.
- 462-476 A multilevel decomposition approach to estimate the role of program location and neighborhood disadvantage in racial disparities in alcohol treatment completion
by Jacobson, Jerry Owen & Robinson, Paul & Bluthenthal, Ricky N.
- 477-495 Social cohesion, social support, and health among Latinos in the United States
by Mulvaney-Day, Norah E. & Alegría, Margarita & Sribney, William
- 496-507 The necessary contradictions of 'community-led' health promotion: A case study of HIV prevention in an Indian red light district
by Cornish, Flora & Ghosh, Riddhi
2007, Volume 64, Issue 1
- 1-4 Editorial
by Annandale, Ellen
- 5-20 Social capital and mental health: A comparative analysis of four low income countries
by De Silva, Mary J. & Huttly, Sharon R. & Harpham, Trudy & Kenward, Michael G.
- 21-34 Low-linking social capital as a predictor of mental disorders: A cohort study of 4.5 million Swedes
by Lofors, Jonas & Sundquist, Kristina
- 35-49 Does social capital enhance health and well-being? Evidence from rural China
by Yip, Winnie & Subramanian, S.V. & Mitchell, Andrew D. & Lee, Dominic T.S. & Wang, Jian & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 50-63 Measuring dimensions of social capital: Evidence from surveys in poor communities in Nicaragua
by Mitchell, Andrew David & Bossert, Thomas J.
- 64-76 Marital status, intergenerational co-residence and cardiovascular and all-cause mortality among middle-aged and older men and women during wartime in Beirut: Gains and liabilities
by Sibai, Abla M. & Yount, Kathryn M. & Fletcher, Astrid
- 77-94 Marital status and mortality in the elderly: A systematic review and meta-analysis
by Manzoli, Lamberto & Villari, Paolo & M Pirone, Giovanni & Boccia, Antonio
- 95-111 The shackles of misfortune: Social adversity assessment and representation in a chronic-disease epidemiological setting
by Surtees, Paul G. & Wainwright, Nicholas W.J.
- 112-124 Irreconcilable differences: Health professionals' constructions of adolescence and motherhood
by Breheny, Mary & Stephens, Christine
- 125-137 Advance Australia Fair: Social democratic and conservative politicians' discourses concerning Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and their health 1972-2001
by Aldrich, Rosemary & Zwi, Anthony B. & Short, Stephanie
- 138-149 Hope and hoping in the talk of dying cancer patients
by Eliott, Jaklin A. & Olver, Ian N.
- 150-163 "We're tired, not sad": Benefits and burdens of mothering a child with a disability
by Green, Sara Eleanor
- 164-173 The paradoxical reliance on allopathic medicine and positivist science among skeptical audiences
by Clarke, Juanne N. & Arnold, Stephanie & Everest, Michelle & Whitfield, Kyle
- 174-185 Variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease and the Canadian blood system after the tainted blood tragedy
by Wilson, Kumanan & Graham, Ian & Ricketts, Maura & Dornan, Christopher & Laupacis, Andreas & Hebert, Paul
- 186-198 An examination of income-related disparities in the nutritional quality of food selections among Canadian households from 1986-2001
by Ricciuto, Laurie E. & Tarasuk, Valerie S.
- 199-212 Horizontal equity in health care utilization evidence from three high-income Asian economies
by Lu, Jui-fen R. & Leung, Gabriel M. & Kwon, Soonman & Tin, Keith Y.K. & Van Doorslaer, Eddy & O'Donnell, Owen
- 213-222 Protecting the privacy of third-party information: Recommendations for social and behavioral health researchers
by Lounsbury, David W. & Reynolds, Thomas C. & Rapkin, Bruce D. & Robson, Mark E. & Ostroff, Jamie
- 223-235 Patients, privacy and trust: Patients' willingness to allow researchers to access their medical records
by Damschroder, Laura J. & Pritts, Joy L. & Neblo, Michael A. & Kalarickal, Rosemarie J. & Creswell, John W. & Hayward, Rodney A.
- 236-247 Comparability work and the management of difference in research synthesis studies
by Sandelowski, Margarete & Voils, Corrine I. & Barroso, Julie
- 248-258 Developing, integrating, and perpetuating new ways of applying sociology to health, medicine, policy, and everyday life
by Clair, Jeffrey Michael & Clark, Cullen & Hinote, Brian P. & Robinson, Caroline O. & Wasserman, Jason A.
2006, Volume 63, Issue 12
- 2999-3012 Women's status and child well-being: A state-level analysis
by Koenen, Karestan C. & Lincoln, Alisa & Appleton, Allison
- 3013-3029 Racial disparities in low birthweight and the contribution of residential segregation: A multilevel analysis
by Grady, Sue C.
- 3030-3045 Birth outcomes among urban African-American women: A multilevel analysis of the role of racial residential segregation
by Bell, Janice F. & Zimmerman, Frederick J. & Almgren, Gunnar R. & Mayer, Jonathan D. & Huebner, Colleen E.
- 3046-3059 Facility and county effects on racial differences in nursing home quality indicators
by Miller, Susan C. & Papandonatos, George & Fennell, Mary & Mor, Vincent
- 3060-3066 Patient-physician racial and ethnic concordance and perceived medical errors
by Stepanikova, Irena
- 3067-3079 The interpersonal experience of health care through the eyes of patients with diabetes
by Ciechanowski, Paul & Katon, Wayne J.
- 3080-3091 Living without labels: The interactional management of diagnostic uncertainty in the genetic counselling clinic
by Brookes-Howell, Lucy Claire
- 3092-3101 Genetic screening as a technique of government: The case of neonatal screening for cystic fibrosis in France
by Vailly, Joëlle
- 3102-3112 Health technology adoption and the politics of governance in the UK
by Milewa, Timothy
- 3113-3123 Responding to global infectious disease outbreaks: Lessons from SARS on the role of risk perception, communication and management
by Smith, Richard D.
- 3124-3136 Formative research on adolescent and adult perceptions of risk factors for breast cancer
by Silk, Kami J. & Bigbsy, Elizabeth & Volkman, Julie & Kingsley, Catherine & Atkin, Charles & Ferrara, Merissa & Goins, Leigh-Anne
- 3137-3149 The cognitive structuring of patient delay in breast cancer
by Facione, Noreen C. & Facione, Peter A.
- 3150-3161 Developing a cultural model for long-term female urinary incontinence
by Bradway, Christine Wanich & Barg, Frances
- 3162-3173 The sexuality and social performance of androgen-deprived (castrated) men throughout history: Implications for modern day cancer patients
by Aucoin, Michael William & Wassersug, Richard Joel
- 3174-3187 Stigma, fatigue and social breakdown: Exploring the impacts of HIV/AIDS on patient and carer well-being in the Caprivi Region, Namibia
by Thomas, Felicity
- 3188-3198 Illness-related stigma, mood and adjustment to illness in persons with hepatitis C
by Golden, Jeannette & Conroy, Ronán Michael & Marie O'Dwyer, Ann & Golden, Daniel & Hardouin, Jean-Benoit
- 3199-3211 Managing US-Mexico "border health": An organizational field approach
by Collins-Dogrul, Julie
2006, Volume 63, Issue 11
- 2755-2769 Barriers to condom purchasing: Effects of product positioning on reactions to condoms
by Scott-Sheldon, Lori A.J. & Glasford, Demis E. & Marsh, Kerry L. & Lust, Sarah A.
- 2770-2783 Contraceptive practices in Armenia: Panel evaluation of an Information-Education-Communication Campaign
by Thompson, Michael E. & Harutyunyan, Tsovinar L.
- 2784-2790 Cigarette smoking and poverty in China
by Liu, Yuanli & Rao, Keqin & Hu, Teh-wei & Sun, Qi & Mao, Zhenzhong
- 2791-2800 Socioeconomic gradients in smoking among young women: A British survey
by Harman, Juliet & Graham, Hilary & Francis, Brian & Inskip, Hazel M.
- 2801-2812 The association of smoking with perception of income inequality, relative material well-being, and social capital
by Siahpush, Mohammad & Borland, Ron & Taylor, Janet & Singh, Gopal K. & Ansari, Zahid & Serraglio, Adrian
- 2813-2824 Socioeconomic position in childhood and in adulthood and functional limitations in midlife: Data from a nationally-representative survey of French men and women
by Melchior, Maria & Lert, France & Martin, Magali & Ville, Isabelle
- 2825-2834 Childhood socioeconomic status and suicide mortality in early adulthood among Norwegian men and women. A prospective study of Norwegians born between 1955 and 1965 followed for suicide from 1990 to 2001
by Strand, B.H. & Kunst, Anton
- 2835-2846 Perceptions of the environment, physical activity, and obesity
by Poortinga, Wouter
- 2847-2863 Neighborhood microclimates and vulnerability to heat stress
by Harlan, Sharon L. & Brazel, Anthony J. & Prashad, Lela & Stefanov, William L. & Larsen, Larissa
- 2864-2876 Managing competition in the countryside: Non-profit and for-profit perceptions of long-term care in rural Ontario
by Skinner, Mark W. & Rosenberg, Mark W.
- 2877-2889 From rhetoric to reality: A systemic approach to understanding the constraints faced by Health For All initiatives in England
by Berkeley, Dina & Springett, Jane
- 2890-2898 Determinants for the adoption of angiotensin II receptor blockers by general practitioners
by Greving, Jacoba P. & Denig, Petra & van der Veen, Willem Jan & Beltman, Frank W. & Sturkenboom, Miriam C.J.M. & Haaijer-Ruskamp, Flora M.
- 2899-2911 Targeted intervention for the ultra poor in rural Bangladesh: Does it make any difference in their health-seeking behaviour?
by Ahmed, Syed Masud & Petzold, Max & Kabir, Zarina Nahar & Tomson, Göran
- 2912-2925 Child access to health services during the economic crisis: An Indonesian experience of the safety net program
by Suci, Eunike
- 2926-2937 Asthma disparities in the prevalence, morbidity, and treatment of Latino children
by Canino, Glorisa & Koinis-Mitchell, Daphne & Ortega, Alexander N. & McQuaid, Elizabeth L. & Fritz, Gregory K. & Alegría, Margarita
- 2938-2948 Inupiat youth suicide and culture loss: Changing community conversations for prevention
by Wexler, Lisa Marin
- 2949-2961 Rape perpetration by young, rural South African men: Prevalence, patterns and risk factors
by Jewkes, Rachel & Dunkle, Kristin & Koss, Mary P. & Levin, Jonathan B. & Nduna, Mzikazi & Jama, Nwabisa & Sikweyiya, Yandisa
- 2962-2973 Creating meaning in fibromyalgia syndrome
by Madden, Sue & Sim, Julius
- 2974-2985 Information seeking during "bad news" oncology interactions: Question asking by patients and their companions
by Eggly, Susan & Penner, Louis A. & Greene, Meredith & Harper, Felicity W.K. & Ruckdeschel, John C. & Albrecht, Terrance L.
- 2986-2997 Decentred comparative research: Context sensitive analysis of maternal health care
by Wrede, Sirpa & Benoit, Cecilia & Bourgeault, Ivy Lynn & van Teijlingen, Edwin R. & Sandall, Jane & De Vries, Raymond G.
2006, Volume 63, Issue 10
- 2533-2545 The influence of socioeconomic factors on cardiovascular disease risk factors in the context of economic development in the Samoan archipelago
by Ezeamama, Amara E. & Viali, Satupaitea & Tuitele, John & McGarvey, Stephen T.
- 2546-2561 Social capital, socio-economic status and psychological distress among Australian adults
by Phongsavan, Philayrath & Chey, Tien & Bauman, Adrian & Brooks, Robert & Silove, Derrick
- 2562-2574 For whom is income inequality most harmful? A multi-level analysis of income inequality and mortality in Norway
by Dahl, Espen & Ivar Elstad, Jon & Hofoss, Dag & Martin-Mollard, Melissa
- 2575-2590 Objective and perceived neighborhood environment, individual SES and psychosocial factors, and self-rated health: An analysis of older adults in Cook County, Illinois
by Wen, Ming & Hawkley, Louise C. & Cacioppo, John T.
- 2591-2603 "A lot of sacrifices:" Work-family spillover and the food choice coping strategies of low-wage employed parents
by Devine, Carol M. & Jastran, Margaret & Jabs, Jennifer & Wethington, Elaine & Farell, Tracy J. & Bisogni, Carole A.
- 2604-2616 Urban neighborhoods, chronic stress, gender and depression
by Matheson, Flora I. & Moineddin, Rahim & Dunn, James R. & Creatore, Maria Isabella & Gozdyra, Piotr & Glazier, Richard H.
- 2617-2627 How far can complementary and alternative medicine go? The case of chiropractic and homeopathy
by Kelner, Merrijoy & Wellman, Beverly & Welsh, Sandy & Boon, Heather
- 2628-2639 "Everyone dies, so you might as well have fun!" Attitudes of Dutch youths about their health lifestyle
by van Exel, N.J.A. & de Graaf, G. & Brouwer, W.B.F.
- 2640-2648 Somatic complaints and health care use in children: Mood, emotion awareness and sense of coherence
by Jellesma, Francine C. & Rieffe, Carolien & Terwogt, Mark Meerum & Kneepkens, C.M. Frank
- 2649-2660 The impact of stigma, experience, and group referent on HIV risk assessments and HIV testing intentions in Namibia
by Smith, Rachel A. & Morrison, Daniel
- 2661-2673 'Rakter dosh'--corrupting blood: The challenges of preventing thalassemia in Bengal, India
by Chattopadhyay, Sreeparna
- 2674-2685 The roles performed by peer educators during outreach among heroin addicts in India: Ethnographic insights
by Dhand, Amar
- 2686-2697 Self-care as a response to diarrhoea in rural Bangladesh: Empowered choice or enforced adoption?
by Edgeworth, Ross & Collins, Andrew E.
- 2698-2701 The myth of agency and patient choice in health care? The case of drug treatments to prevent coronary disease
by Bryan, Stirling & Gill, Paramjit & Greenfield, Sheila & Gutridge, Kerry & Marshall, Tom
- 2702-2714 The double burden on safety net providers: Placing health disparities in the context of the privatization of health care in the US
by Horton, Sarah
- 2715-2726 Moral reasoning as a model for health promotion
by Buchanan, David
- 2727-2738 The physical challenges of early breastfeeding
by Kelleher, Christa M.
- 2739-2752 Twins: A cloning experience
by Prainsack, Barbara & Spector, Tim D.
2006, Volume 63, Issue 9
- 2255-2267 The family environment and American adolescents' risk of obesity as young adults
by Crossman, Ashley & Anne Sullivan, Deborah & Benin, Mary
- 2268-2276 The emergence of overweight as a disease entity: Measuring up normality
by Jutel, Annemarie
- 2277-2288 Purity and the dangers of regenerative medicine: Regulatory innovation of human tissue-engineered technology
by Faulkner, Alex & Kent, Julie & Geesink, Ingrid & FitzPatrick, David
- 2289-2300 Governance and public involvement in the British National Health Service: Understanding difficulties and developments
by Callaghan, Gillian & Wistow, Gerald
- 2301-2309 Access point analysis on the state of health care services in South African prisons: A qualitative exploration of correctional health care workers' and inmates' perspectives in Kwazulu-Natal and Mpumalanga
by Sifunda, Sibusiso & Reddy, Priscilla S. & Braithwaite, Ron & Stephens, Torrance & Ruiter, Rob AC & van den Borne, Bart
- 2310-2319 'Stickiness' and 'inflow' as proxy measures of the relative attractiveness of various sub-sectors of nursing employment
by Alameddine, Mohamad & Laporte, Audrey & Baumann, Andrea & O'Brien-Pallas, Linda & Mildon, Barbara & Deber, Raisa
- 2320-2329 Determinants of hospital closure in South Korea: Use of a hierarchical generalized linear model
by Noh, Maengseok & Lee, Youngjo & Yun, Sung-Cheol & Lee, Sang-Il & Lee, Moo-Song & Khang, Young-Ho
- 2330-2340 Outpatient process quality evaluation and the Hawthorne Effect
by Leonard, Kenneth & Masatu, Melkiory C.
- 2341-2353 Economic rationality and health and lifestyle choices for people with diabetes
by Baker, Rachel Mairi
- 2354-2366 A qualitative analysis of a dyad approach to health-related quality of life measurement in children with asthma
by Ungar, Wendy J. & Mirabelli, Cara & Cousins, Martha & Boydell, Katherine M.
- 2367-2380 Gender differences in health-related quality of life among the elderly: The role of objective functional capacity and chronic conditions
by Orfila, Francesc & Ferrer, Montserrat & Lamarca, Rosa & Tebe, Cristian & Domingo-Salvany, Antonia & Alonso, Jordi
- 2381-2394 Psychological distress, gender, and health lifestyles in Belarus, Kazakhstan, Russia, and Ukraine
by Cockerham, William C. & Hinote, Brian P. & Abbott, Pamela
- 2395-2406 Cognitive appraisals and psychological distress following venous thromboembolic disease: An application of the theory of cognitive adaptation
by Moore, Tria & Norman, Paul & Harris, Peter R. & Makris, Michael
- 2407-2417 Do Dutch doctors communicate differently with immigrant patients than with Dutch patients?
by Meeuwesen, Ludwien & Harmsen, Johannes A.M. & Bernsen, Roos M.D. & Bruijnzeels, Marc A.
- 2418-2428 Still a difficult business? Negotiating alcohol-related problems in general practice consultations
by Rapley, Tim & May, Carl & Frances Kaner, Eileen
- 2429-2439 Primary caregivers of cancer patients in the palliative phase: A path analysis of variables influencing their burden
by Grov, Ellen Karine & Fosså, Sophie D. & Sørebø, Øystein & Dahl, Alv A.
- 2440-2451 The prediction of bereavement outcome: Development of an integrative risk factor framework
by Stroebe, Margaret Susan & Folkman, Susan & Hansson, Robert O. & Schut, Henk
- 2452-2463 Non-fatal occupational injury among active and passive smokers in small- and medium-scale manufacturing enterprises in Japan
by Nakata, Akinori & Ikeda, Tomoko & Takahashi, Masaya & Haratani, Takashi & Hojou, Minoru & Fujioka, Yosei & Araki, Shunichi
- 2464-2475 Neighborhood disorder and smoking: Findings of a European urban survey
by Miles, Rebecca
- 2476-2488 Try to be healthy, but don't forgo your masculinity: Deconstructing men's health discourse in the media
by Gough, Brendan
- 2489-2499 Mechanisms through which drug, sex partner, and friendship network characteristics relate to risky needle use among high risk youth and young adults
by Lakon, Cynthia M. & Ennett, Susan T. & Norton, Edward C.
- 2500-2511 The interpretation of "culture": Diverging perspectives on medical provision in rural Montana
by Johnston, Meghan E. & Herzig, Rebecca M.
- 2512-2532 Assessment of the health status and risk factors of Kham Tibetan pastoralists in the alpine grasslands of the Tibetan plateau
by Foggin, Peter M. & Torrance, Marion E. & Dorje, Drashi & Xuri, Wenzha & Marc Foggin, J. & Torrance, Jane
2006, Volume 63, Issue 8
- 1973-1985 Taking ad-Vantage of lax advertising regulation in the USA and Canada: Reassuring and distracting health-concerned smokers
by Anderson, Stacey J. & Pollay, Richard W. & Ling, Pamela M.
- 1986-1997 Gendering the migraine market: Do representations of illness matter?
by Kempner, Joanna
- 1998-2009 The promises and limitations of female-initiated methods of HIV/STI protection
by Mantell, Joanne E. & Dworkin, Shari L. & Exner, Theresa M. & Hoffman, Susie & Smit, Jenni A. & Susser, Ida
- 2010-2021 Syndemics, sex and the city: Understanding sexually transmitted diseases in social and cultural context
by Singer, Merrill C. & Erickson, Pamela I. & Badiane, Louise & Diaz, Rosemary & Ortiz, Dugeidy & Abraham, Traci & Nicolaysen, Anna Marie
- 2022-2030 Do homosexual persons use health care services more frequently than heterosexual persons: Findings from a Dutch population survey
by Bakker, Floor C. & Sandfort, Theo G.M. & Vanwesenbeeck, Ine & van Lindert, Hanneke & Westert, Gert P.
- 2031-2040 Marital quality predicts hospital stay following coronary artery bypass surgery for women but not men
by Kulik, James A. & Mahler, Heike I.M.
- 2041-2051 From a genetic innovation to mass health programmes: The diffusion of Down's Syndrome prenatal screening and diagnostic techniques in France
by Vassy, Carine
- 2052-2064 From bench to bedside? Biomedical scientists' expectations of stem cell science as a future therapy for diabetes
by Wainwright, Steven P. & Williams, Clare & Michael, Mike & Farsides, Bobbie & Cribb, Alan
- 2065-2078 The significance for decision-making of information that is not exchanged by patients and health professionals during consultations
by Bugge, Carol & Entwistle, Vikki A. & Watt, Ian S.
- 2079-2090 Dilemmas of talking about lifestyle changes among couples coping with a cardiac event
by Goldsmith, Daena J. & Lindholm, Kristin A. & Bute, Jennifer J.
- 2091-2104 Focus group research and "the patient's view"
by Lehoux, Pascale & Poland, Blake & Daudelin, Genevieve
- 2105-2117 The permeable institution: An ethnographic study of three acute psychiatric wards in London
by Quirk, Alan & Lelliott, Paul & Seale, Clive
- 2118-2128 The power gap: Freedom, power and mental illness
by Kelly, Brendan D.
- 2129-2140 The role of power, process, and relationships in participatory research for statewide HIV/AIDS programming
by Chung, Kimberly & Lounsbury, David W.
- 2141-2152 The "hospital superbug": Social representations of MRSA
by Washer, Peter & Joffe, Helene
- 2153-2164 All in the family: Media presentations of family assisted suicide in Britain
by Birenbaum-Carmeli, Daphna & Banerjee, Albert & Taylor, Steve
- 2165-2175 The black-white suicide paradox: Possible effects of misclassification
by Rockett, Ian R.H. & Samora, Julie B. & Coben, Jeffrey H.
- 2176-2190 Education, gender, and mortality: Does schooling have the same effect on mortality for men and women in the US?
by Zajacova, Anna
- 2191-2203 A community-based participatory research study of multifaceted in-home environmental interventions for pediatric asthmatics in public housing
by Levy, Jonathan I. & Brugge, Doug & Peters, Junenette L. & Clougherty, Jane E. & Saddler, Shawnette S.
- 2204-2217 Social capital, the miniaturisation of community, traditionalism and first time acute myocardial infarction: A prospective cohort study in southern Sweden
by Ali, Sadiq M. & Merlo, Juan & Rosvall, Maria & Lithman, Thor & Lindström, Martin
- 2218-2227 Workplace conflict resolution and the health of employees in the Swedish and Finnish units of an industrial company
by Hyde, Martin & Jappinen, Paavo & Theorell, Tores & Oxenstierna, Gabriel
- 2228-2241 Religious involvement and health outcomes among older persons in Taiwan
by Yeager, D.M. & Glei, Dana A. & Au, Melanie & Lin, Hui-Sheng & Sloan, Richard P. & Weinstein, Maxine
- 2242-2254 The influence of economic development level, household wealth and maternal education on child health in the developing world
by Boyle, Michael H. & Racine, Yvonne & Georgiades, Katholiki & Snelling, Dana & Hong, Sungjin & Omariba, Walter & Hurley, Patricia & Rao-Melacini, Purnima
2006, Volume 63, Issue 7
- 1700-1710 Determinants of variation in the cost of inpatient stays versus outpatient visits in hospitals: A multi-country analysis
by Adam, Taghreed & Evans, David B.
- 1711-1719 The influence of child abuse on the pattern of expenditures in women's adult health service utilization in Ontario, Canada
by Tang, Betty & Jamieson, Ellen & Boyle, Michael & Libby, Anne & Gafni, Amiram & MacMillan, Harriet
- 1720-1731 Health care costs in the last year of life--The Dutch experience
by Polder, Johan J. & Barendregt, Jan J. & van Oers, Hans
- 1732-1744 Are health services protecting the livelihoods of the urban poor in Sri Lanka? Findings from two low-income areas of Colombo
by Russell, Steven & Gilson, Lucy
- 1745-1756 Gender differences in the management of risk factors for cardiovascular disease: The importance of insurance status
by Murasko, Jason E.
- 1757-1770 The influence of health insurance on hospital admission and length of stay--The case of Vietnam
by Sepehri, Ardeshir & Simpson, Wayne & Sarma, Sisira
- 1771-1783 The drive for legitimation in Australian naturopathy: Successes and dilemmas
by Baer, Hans A.
- 1784-1795 Nurses in alternative health care: Integrating medical paradigms
by Shuval, Judith
- 1796-1810 The changing context of Western European healthcare systems: Convergence versus divergence in nursing problematics
by Spitzer, Ada & Camus, Didier & Desaulles, Cécile & Kuhne, Nicolas
- 1811-1824 The impact of context on evidence utilization: A framework for expert groups developing health policy recommendations
by Dobrow, Mark J. & Goel, Vivek & Lemieux-Charles, Louise & Black, Nick A.
- 1825-1835 Vaccine independence, local competences and globalisation: Lessons from the history of pertussis vaccines
by Blume, Stuart & Zanders, Mariska
- 1836-1845 Does decentralisation improve human resource management in the health sector? A case study from China
by Liu, Xiaoyun & Martineau, Tim & Chen, Lieping & Zhan, Shaokang & Tang, Shenglan
- 1846-1856 A prospective study of stage of change for general health promotion action and health-related lifestyle practices among Chinese adults
by Lam, Tai-Hing & Chan, Brandford H.Y. & Chan, Steve K.K. & Leung, Gabriel M. & Ho, S.Y. & Chan, W.M.
- 1857-1869 Perspectives on polio and immunization in Northern Nigeria
by Renne, Elisha
- 1870-1878 Factors associated with the use of maternity services in Enugu, southeastern Nigeria
by Onah, Hyacinth Eze & Ikeako, Lawrence C. & Iloabachie, Gabriel C.
- 1879-1888 Brazilian mothers' knowledge about home dangers and safety precautions: An initial evaluation
by de Castro Ribas, Rodolfo Jr. & Tymchuk, Alexander J. & Ribas, Adriana F.P.
- 1889-1899 Applying psychological theory to evidence-based clinical practice: Identifying factors predictive of taking intra-oral radiographs
by Bonetti, Debbie & Pitts, Nigel B. & Eccles, Martin & Grimshaw, Jeremy & Johnston, Marie & Steen, Nick & Glidewell, Liz & Thomas, Ruth & Maclennan, Graeme & Clarkson, Jan E. & Walker, Anne
- 1900-1911 Illness beliefs in schizophrenia
by Kinderman, Peter & Setzu, Erika & Lobban, Fiona & Salmon, Peter
- 1912-1922 Comparative stigma of HIV/AIDS, SARS, and Tuberculosis in Hong Kong
by Mak, Winnie W.S. & Mo, Phoenix K.H. & Cheung, Rebecca Y.M. & Woo, Jean & Cheung, Fanny M. & Lee, Dominic
- 1923-1933 'Telling the truth is the best thing': Teenage orphans' experiences of parental AIDS-related illness and bereavement in Zimbabwe
by Wood, Kate & Chase, Elaine & Aggleton, Peter
- 1934-1946 Experience of miscarriage in the UK: Qualitative findings from the National Women's Health Study
by Simmons, Rebecca K. & Singh, Gita & Maconochie, Noreen & Doyle, Pat & Green, Judith
- 1947-1959 Are genetic tests exceptional? Lessons from a qualitative study on thrombophilia
by Saukko, Paula M. & Richards, Suzanne H. & Shepherd, Maggie H. & Campbell, John L.
- 1960-1971 DSM-IV and dangerous and severe personality disorder--an essay
by Manning, Nick
2006, Volume 63, Issue 6
- 1415-1427 Self-reported health, perceived racial discrimination, and skin color in African Americans in the CARDIA study
by Borrell, Luisa N. & Kiefe, Catarina I. & Williams, David R. & Diez-Roux, Ana V. & Gordon-Larsen, Penny
- 1428-1441 Racism and health: The relationship between experience of racial discrimination and health in New Zealand
by Harris, Ricci & Tobias, Martin & Jeffreys, Mona & Waldegrave, Kiri & Karlsen, Saffron & Nazroo, James
- 1442-1453 Individual versus neighborhood socioeconomic status and race as predictors of adolescent ambulatory blood pressure and heart rate
by McGrath, Jennifer J. & Matthews, Karen A. & Brady, Sonya S.
- 1454-1465 County and organizational predictors of depression symptoms among low-income nursing assistants in the USA
by Muntaner, Carles & Li, Yong & Xue, Xiaonan & Thompson, Theresa & Chung, HaeJoo & O'Campo, Patricia
- 1466-1476 Social environment and depression among pregnant women in urban areas of Pakistan: Importance of social relations
by Kazi, Ambreen & Fatmi, Zafar & Hatcher, Juanita & Kadir, Muhammad Masood & Niaz, Unaiza & Wasserman, Gail A.
- 1477-1488 Mental health, quality of life, and nutritional status of adolescents in Dhaka, Bangladesh: Comparison between an urban slum and a non-slum area
by Izutsu, Takashi & Tsutsumi, Atsuro & Islam, Akramul Md. & Kato, Seika & Wakai, Susumu & Kurita, Hiroshi
- 1489-1502 Endogenous social capital and self-rated health: Cross-sectional data from rural areas of Madagascar
by Sirven, Nicolas
- 1503-1516 Family food insufficiency is related to overweight among preschoolers'
by Dubois, Lise & Farmer, Anna & Girard, Manon & Porcherie, Marion
- 1517-1530 Nutritional status and spousal empowerment among native Amazonians
by Godoy, Ricardo A. & Patel, Ankur & Reyes-García, Victoria & Seyfried, Craig Jr. & Leonard, William R. & McDade, Thomas & Tanner, Susan & Vadez, Vincent
- 1531-1545 Getting a piece of the pie? The economic boom of the 1990s and declining teen birth rates in the United States
by Colen, Cynthia G. & Geronimus, Arline T. & Phipps, Maureen G.
- 1546-1549 Young mothers and smoking: evidence of an evidence gap
by McDermott, Elizabeth & Graham, Hilary
- 1550-1560 Rethinking the biological clock: Eleventh-hour moms, miracle moms and meanings of age-related infertility
by Friese, Carrie & Becker, Gay & Nachtigall, Robert D.
- 1561-1572 Women's health in mid-life: Life course social roles and agency as quality
by McMunn, Anne & Bartley, Mel & Kuh, Diana
- 1573-1585 Is chronic widespread pain biographically disruptive?
by Richardson, Jane C. & Ong, Bie Nio & Sim, Julius
- 1586-1596 Potency and vulnerability: Troubled 'selves' in the context of antiretroviral therapy
by Persson, Asha & Newman, Christy
- 1597-1601 Injectable diclofenac: A painful shot into Iran's health system
by Cheraghali, A. Majid
- 1602-1613 How does social comparison within a self-help group influence adjustment to chronic illness? A longitudinal study
by Dibb, Bridget & Yardley, Lucy
- 1614-1624 Changes in finding benefit after cancer surgery and the prediction of well-being one year later
by Schwarzer, Ralf & Luszczynska, Aleksandra & Boehmer, Sonja & Taubert, Steffen & Knoll, Nina
- 1625-1636 The influence of significant others in complementary and alternative medicine decisions by cancer patients
by Öhlén, Joakim & Balneaves, Lynda G. & Bottorff, Joan L. & Brazier, Alison S.A.
- 1637-1647 Users' perceptions of health care reforms: Quality of care and patient rights in four regions in the Russian Federation
by Fotaki, Marianna
- 1648-1660 Global review of health care surveys using lot quality assurance sampling (LQAS), 1984-2004
by Robertson, Susan E. & Valadez, Joseph J.
- 1661-1670 Investigating the sustainability of outcomes in a chronic disease treatment programme
by Bailie, Ross S. & Robinson, Gary & Kondalsamy-Chennakesavan, Srinivas N. & Halpin, Stephen & Wang, Zhiqiang
- 1671-1683 Predicting and comparing patient satisfaction in four different modes of health care across a nation
by Bikker, Annemieke P. & Thompson, Andrew G.H.
- 1684-1698 Verbal prescribing in general practice consultations
by Gibson, Mark & Neil Jenkings, K. & Wilson, Rob & Purves, Ian
2006, Volume 63, Issue 5
- 1121-1134 Using participatory action research to build a priority setting process in a Canadian Regional Health Authority
by Patten, San & Mitton, Craig & Donaldson, Cam
- 1135-1142 Should structural interventions be evaluated using RCTs? The case of HIV prevention
by Bonell, Christopher & Hargreaves, James & Strange, Vicki & Pronyk, Paul & Porter, John
- 1143-1146 Community participation in AIDS vaccine trials: Empowerment or science?
by Swartz, Leslie & Kagee, Ashraf
- 1147-1157 Control and adherence: Living with diabetes in Bangkok, Thailand
by Naemiratch, Bhensri & Manderson, Lenore
- 1158-1169 A typology of preferences for participation in healthcare decision making
by Flynn, Kathryn E. & Smith, Maureen A. & Vanness, David
- 1170-1187 Communicative and strategic action in interpreted consultations in primary health care: A Habermasian perspective
by Greenhalgh, Trisha & Robb, Nadia & Scambler, Graham
- 1188-1200 Understandings of Down's syndrome: A Q methodological investigation
by Bryant, Louise D. & Green, Josephine M. & Hewison, Jenny
- 1201-1212 A root cause analysis of clinical error: Confronting the disjunction between formal rules and situated clinical activity
by Iedema, Roderick Aren Michael & Jorm, Christine & Braithwaite, Jeffrey & Travaglia, Jo & Lum, Martin
- 1213-1224 Social welfare, genetic welfare? Boundary-work in the IVF/PGD clinic
by Ehrich, Kathryn & Williams, Clare & Scott, Rosamund & Sandall, Jane & Farsides, Bobbie