Social Science & Medicine
March 2010, Volume 70, Issue 5
- 684-691 Race disparities in low birth weight in the U.S. south and the rest of the nation
by Nepomnyaschy, Lenna
- 692-699 Perceived social position and health: Is there a reciprocal relationship?
by Garbarski, Dana
- 700-710 The impact of changes in different aspects of social capital and material conditions on self-rated health over time: A longitudinal cohort study
by Giordano, Giuseppe N. & Lindstrom, Martin
- 711-719 The sports and exercise life-course: A survival analysis of recall data from Ireland
by Lunn, Peter D.
- 720-728 Relative deprivation and mortality in South Africa
by Salti, Nisreen
- 729-735 'Secrets' that kill: Crisis, custodianship and responsibility in ritual male circumcision in the Eastern Cape Province, South Africa
by Kepe, Thembela
- 736-743 'Experts', 'partners' and 'fools': Exploring agency in HIV treatment seeking among African migrants in London
by Thomas, Felicity & Aggleton, Peter & Anderson, Jane
- 744-753 Negotiating the boundary between medicine and consumer culture: Online marketing of nutrigenetic tests
by Saukko, Paula M. & Reed, Matthew & Britten, Nicky & Hogarth, Stuart
- 754-762 Patients' narrative accounts of open-heart surgery and recovery: Authorial voice of technology
by Lapum, Jennifer & Angus, Jan E. & Peter, Elizabeth & Watt-Watson, Judy
- 763-768 Interpersonal perception in the context of doctor-patient relationships: A dyadic analysis of doctor-patient communication
by Kenny, David A. & Veldhuijzen, Wemke & Weijden, Trudy van der & LeBlanc, Annie & Lockyer, Jocelyn & Légaré, France & Campbell, Craig
- 769-778 Why do interventions work in some places and not others: A breastfeeding support group trial
by Hoddinott, Pat & Britten, Jane & Pill, Roisin
- 779-786 Network resilience in the face of health system reform
by Sheaff, Rod & Benson, Lawrence & Farbus, Lou & Schofield, Jill & Mannion, Russell & Reeves, David
- 787-793 Perceived justice and popular support for public health laws: A case study around comprehensive smoke-free legislation in Mexico City
by Thrasher, James F. & Besley, John C. & González, Wendy
February 2010, Volume 70, Issue 4
- 493-495 Relative deprivation theory does not imply a contextual effect of country-level inequality on poor health. A commentary on Jen, Jones, and Johnston (68:4, 2009)
by Bernburg, Jon Gunnar
- 496-497 Re-evaluating self-evaluation. A commentary on Jen, Jones, and Johnston (68:4, 2009)
by Barford, Anna & Dorling, Danny & Pickett, Kate
- 498-500 On inequality and health, again: A response to Bernburg, and Barford, Dorling and Pickett
by Johnston, Ron & Jen, Min-Hua & Jones, Kelvyn
- 501-508 Long-stay inpatients in short-term emergency units in France: A case study
by Gansel, Yannis & Danet, François & Rauscher, Catherine
- 509-510 Long-stay inpatients in short-term emergency units in France. A commentary on Gansel, Danet, and Rauscher
by Zussman, Robert
- 511-517 The dynamic interaction of quality and efficiency in the emergency department: Squaring the circle?
by Nugus, Peter & Braithwaite, Jeffrey
- 518-525 The consequence of encouraging girls to be active for weight loss
by Davison, Kirsten Krahnstoever & Deane, Glenn D.
- 526-533 How does violence exposure affect the psychological health and parenting of young African-American mothers?
by Mitchell, Stephanie J. & Lewin, Amy & Horn, Ivor B. & Valentine, Dawn & Sanders-Phillips, Kathy & Joseph, Jill G.
- 534-542 Predictors of risk of alcohol-exposed pregnancies among women in an urban and a rural area of South Africa
by Morojele, Neo K. & London, Leslie & Olorunju, Steve A. & Matjila, Maila J. & Davids, Adlai S. & Rendall-Mkosi, Kirstie M.
- 543-549 Contribution of interaction with family, friends and neighbours, and sense of neighbourhood attachment to survival in senior citizens: 5-year follow-up study
by Morita, Ayako & Takano, Takehito & Nakamura, Keiko & Kizuki, Masashi & Seino, Kaoruko
- 550-560 Another Mexican birthweight paradox? The role of residential enclaves and neighborhood poverty in the birthweight of Mexican-origin infants
by Osypuk, Theresa L. & Bates, Lisa M. & Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores
- 561-569 Education and self-rated health: An individual and neighborhood level analysis ofÂ Asian Americans, Hawaiians, and Caucasians in Hawaii
by Zhang, Wei & McCubbin, Hamilton & McCubbin, Laurie & Chen, Qi & Foley, Shirley & Strom, Ida & Kehl, Lisa
- 570-574 Self-rated health and sickness-related absence: The modifying role of civic participation
by Lancee, Bram & ter Hoeven, Claartje L.
- 575-581 Associations between IQ and cigarette smoking among Swedish male twins
by Wennerstad, Karin Modig & Silventoinen, Karri & Tynelius, Per & Bergman, Lars & Kaprio, Jaakko & Rasmussen, Finn
- 582-587 Lifecourse influences on women's smoking before, during and after pregnancy
by Graham, Hilary & Hawkins, Summer Sherburne & Law, Catherine
- 588-596 Social capital and health in Australia: An overview from the household, income and labour dynamics in Australia survey
by Berry, Helen Louise & Welsh, Jennifer A.
- 597-604 'Rules' for boys, 'guidelines' for girls: Gender differences in symptom reporting during childhood and adolescence
by MacLean, Alice & Sweeting, Helen & Hunt, Kate
- 605-608 Encounters with unemployment in occupational health care: Nurses' constructions of clients without work
by Romppainen, Katri & Jähi, Rita & Saloniemi, Antti & Virtanen, Pekka
- 609-615 Perceptions of the gift relationship in organ and tissue donation: Views of intensivists and donor and recipient coordinators
by Shaw, Rhonda
- 616-622 Physicians' psychosocial barriers to different modes of withdrawal of life support in critical care: A qualitative study in Japan
by Aita, Kaoruko & Kai, Ichiro
- 623-630 A changing landscape for advance directives in dementia research
by Pierce, Robin
- 631-641 Employment change and the role of the medical home for married and single-mother families with children with special health care needs
by DeRigne, LeaAnne & Porterfield, Shirley
February 2010, Volume 70, Issue 3
- 337-341 Factors influencing the effectiveness of interventions to reduce racial and ethnic disparities in health care
by Jones, Rhys G. & Trivedi, Amal N. & Ayanian, John Z.
- 342-350 A systematic grounded approach to the development of complex interventions: The Australian WorkHealth Program - Arthritis as a case study
by Reavley, Nicola & Livingston, Jenni & Buchbinder, Rachelle & Bennell, Kim & Stecki, Chris & Osborne, Richard Harry
- 351-359 Resources and obstacles to developing and implementing a structural intervention to prevent HIV in San Salvador, El Salvador
by Dickson-Gomez, Julia & Corbett, A. Michelle & Bodnar, Gloria & Rodriguez, Karla & Guevara, Carmen E.
- 360-367 An assessment of community readiness for HIV/AIDS preventive interventions in rural Bangladesh
by Aboud, Frances & Huq, Nafisa Lira & Larson, Charles P. & Ottisova, Livia
- 368-374 Stigma rises despite antiretroviral roll-out: A longitudinal analysis in South Africa
by Maughan-Brown, Brendan
- 375-382 The transition to living with HIV as a chronic condition in rural Uganda: Working to create order and control when on antiretroviral therapy
by Russell, Steven & Seeley, Janet
- 383-391 Three kinds of psychological determinants for hand-washing behaviour in Kenya
by Aunger, Robert & Schmidt, Wolf-Peter & Ranpura, Ashish & Coombes, Yolande & Maina, Peninnah Mukiri & Matiko, Carol Nkatha & Curtis, Valerie
- 392-400 A cross cultural study of vaginal practices and sexuality: Implications for sexual health
by Martin Hilber, Adriane & Hull, Terence H. & Preston-Whyte, Eleanor & Bagnol, Brigitte & Smit, Jenni & Wacharasin, Chintana & Widyantoro, Ninuk
- 401-411 Morbidity and mortality disparities among colonist and indigenous populations in the Ecuadorian Amazon
by Kuang-Yao Pan, William & Erlien, Christine & Bilsborrow, Richard E.
- 412-419 Rural-urban migration and health: Evidence from longitudinal data in Indonesia
by Lu, Yao
- 420-427 Early life circumstances and male suicide - A 30-year follow-up of a Stockholm cohort born in 1953
by Rojas, Yerko & Stenberg, Sten-Åke
- 428-438 Socioeconomic differences in health over the life cycle in an Egalitarian country
by van Kippersluis, Hans & O'Donnell, Owen & van Doorslaer, Eddy & Van Ourti, Tom
- 439-446 Productivity growth in outpatient child and adolescent mental health services: The impact of case-mix adjustment
by Halsteinli, Vidar & Kittelsen, Sverre A. & Magnussen, Jon
- 447-454 Using economic levers to change behaviour: The case of Thailand's universal coverage health care reforms
by Hughes, David & Leethongdee, Songkramchai & Osiri, Sunantha
- 455-464 Informative inducement: Study payment as a signal of risk
by Cryder, Cynthia E. & John London, Alex & Volpp, Kevin G. & Loewenstein, George
- 465-472 Subjective unmet need and utilization of health care services in Canada: What are the equity implications?
by Allin, Sara & Grignon, Michel & Le Grand, Julian
- 473-478 Developing a longitudinal database of routinely recorded primary care consultations linked to service use and outcome data
by Williams, Brian & Dowell, Jon & Humphris, Gerry & Themessl-Huber, Markus & Rushmer, Rosemary & Ricketts, Ian & Boyle, Paul & Sullivan, Frank
- 479-484 Which patients improve: Characteristics increasing sensitivity to a supportive patient-practitioner relationship
by Conboy, Lisa Ann & Macklin, Eric & Kelley, John & Kokkotou, Efi & Lembo, Anthony & Kaptchuk, Ted
- 485-492 Internet-based trials and the creation of health consumers
by Advocat, Jenny & Lindsay, Jo
January 2010, Volume 70, Issue 2
- 169-174 From a different angle: A novel approach to health valuation
by Craig, Benjamin M. & Oppe, Mark
- 175-182 On health insurance and household decisions: A treatment effect analysis
by Koch, Steven & Alaba, Olufunke
- 183-190 Effects of simplifying choice tasks on estimates of taste heterogeneity in stated-choice surveys
by Johnson, F. Reed & Ozdemir, Semra & Phillips, Kathryn A.
- 191-198 Managed care and measuring medical outcomes: Did the rise of HMOs contribute to the fall in the autopsy rate?
by Harrington, David E. & Sayre, Edward A.
- 199-208 Prioritization and patients' rights: Analysing the effect of a reform in the Norwegian hospital sector
by Askildsen, Jan Erik & Holmås, Tor Helge & Kaarboe, Oddvar
- 209-216 Do guidelines create uniformity in medical practice?
by de Jong, Judith D. & Groenewegen, Peter P. & Spreeuwenberg, Peter & Schellevis, François & Westert, Gert P.
- 217-220 "Broad" consent, exceptions to consent and the question of using biological samples for research purposes different from the initial collection purpose
by Petrini, Carlo
- 221-231 More equal but heavier: A longitudinal analysis of income-related obesity inequalities in an adult Swedish cohort
by Ljungvall, Åsa & Gerdtham, Ulf-G.
- 232-239 Inequality in mortality in Vietnam during a period of rapid transition
by Granlund, David & Chuc, Nguyen T. & Phuc, Ho D. & Lindholm, Lars
- 240-250 Life course determinants of racial and ethnic disparities in functional health trajectories
by Haas, Steven & Rohlfsen, Leah
- 251-260 Socioeconomic inequalities in health dynamics: A comparison of Britain and the United States
by McDonough, Peggy & Worts, Diana & Sacker, Amanda
- 261-268 A developmental-contextual approach to understanding mental health and well-being in early adulthood
by Hatch, Stephani L. & Harvey, Samuel B. & Maughan, Barbara
- 269-276 Self injurious behavior among homeless young adults: A social stress analysis
by Tyler, Kimberly & Melander, Lisa & Almazan, Elbert
- 277-292 Examining methodological details of neighbourhood observations and the relationship to health: A literature review
by Schaefer-McDaniel, Nicole & O'Brien Caughy, Margaret & O'Campo, Patricia & Gearey, Wayne
- 293-304 Spatial analysis of heat-related mortality among the elderly between 1993 and 2004 in Sydney, Australia
by Vaneckova, Pavla & Beggs, Paul J. & Jacobson, Carol R.
- 305-312 'It cuts both ways': A relational approach to access and accommodation for autism
by Davidson, Joyce
- 313-320 Routine checks for HIV in children attending primary health care facilities in South Africa: Attitudes of nurses and child caregivers
by Horwood, Christiane & Voce, Anna & Vermaak, Kerry & Rollins, Nigel & Qazi, Shamim
- 321-328 Changes in the health burden of a national sample of children with asthma
by Baydar, Nazli & Kieckhefer, Gail & Joesch, Jutta M. & Greek, April & Kim, Hyoshin
- 329-336 Right and access to healthcare for undocumented children: Addressing the gap between international conventions and disparate implementations in North America and Europe
by Ruiz-Casares, Mónica & Rousseau, Cécile & Derluyn, Ilse & Watters, Charles & Crépeau, François
January 2010, Volume 70, Issue 1
- 1-6 Conflict, violence, and health: Setting a new interdisciplinary agenda
by Panter-Brick, Catherine
- 7-16 War exposure, daily stressors, and mental health in conflict and post-conflict settings: Bridging the divide between trauma-focused and psychosocial frameworks
by Miller, Kenneth E. & Rasmussen, Andrew
- 17-26 Past horrors, present struggles: The role of stigma in the association between war experiences and psychosocial adjustment among former child soldiers in Sierra Leone
by Betancourt, Theresa S. & Agnew-Blais, Jessica & Gilman, Stephen E. & Williams, David R. & Ellis, B. Heidi
- 27-34 Social support, sense of community, collectivistic values, and depressive symptoms in adolescent survivors of the 2004 Beslan terrorist attack
by Moscardino, Ughetta & Scrimin, Sara & Capello, Fabia & Altoè, Gianmarco
- 35-44 Political violence and mental health: A multi-disciplinary review of the literature on Nepal
by Tol, Wietse A. & Kohrt, Brandon A. & Jordans, Mark J.D. & Thapa, Suraj B. & Pettigrew, Judith & Upadhaya, Nawaraj & de Jong, Joop T.V.M.
- 45-52 Documenting the health consequences of endemic warfare in three pastoralist communities of northern Kenya: A conceptual framework
by Pike, Ivy L. & Straight, Bilinda & Oesterle, Matthias & Hilton, Charles & Lanyasunya, Adamson
- 53-60 Forced migration and child health and mortality in Angola
by Avogo, Winfred Aweyire & Agadjanian, Victor
- 61-70 Targeted doctors, missing patients: Obstetric health services and sectarian conflict in Northern Pakistan
by Varley, Emma
- 71-79 A public health framework to translate risk factors related to political violence and war into multi-level preventive interventions
by De Jong, Joop T.V.M.
- 80-88 Promoting health equity in conflict-affected fragile states
by Bornemisza, Olga & Ranson, M. Kent & Poletti, Timothy M. & Sondorp, Egbert
- 89-97 Rebuilding health systems to improve health and promote statebuilding in post-conflict countries: A theoretical framework and research agenda
by Kruk, Margaret E. & Freedman, Lynn P. & Anglin, Grace A. & Waldman, Ronald J.
- 98-105 Human rights, transitional justice, public health and social reconstruction
by Pham, Phuong Ngoc & Vinck, Patrick & Weinstein, Harvey M.
- 106-113 Ruptures, rights, and repair: The political economy of trauma in Haiti
by James, Erica Caple
- 114-120 Reframing governance, security and conflict in the light of HIV/AIDS: A synthesis of findings from the AIDS, security and conflict initiative
by de Waal, Alex
- 121-129 Incarcerated sex workers and HIV prevention in China: Social suffering and social justice countermeasures
by Tucker, Joseph & Ren, Xin & Sapio, Flora
- 130-135 The effects of intimate partner violence on health in young adulthood in the United States
by Fletcher, Jason
- 136-143 Do changes in spousal employment status lead to domestic violence? Insights from a prospective study in Bangalore, India
by Krishnan, Suneeta & Rocca, Corinne H. & Hubbard, Alan E. & Subbiah, Kalyani & Edmeades, Jeffrey & Padian, Nancy S.
- 144-151 The role of the extended family in women's risk of intimate partner violence in Jordan
by Clark, Cari Jo & Silverman, Jay G. & Shahrouri, Manal & Everson-Rose, Susan & Groce, Nora
- 152-159 The risk of return: Intimate partner violence in Northern Uganda's armed conflict
by Annan, Jeannie & Brier, Moriah
- 160-168 Responses to intimate partner violence in Kakuma refugee camp: Refugee interactions with agency systems
by Horn, Rebecca
December 2009, Volume 69, Issue 12
- 1701-1704 New approaches to researching patient safety
by Iedema, Rick
- 1705-1712 The geography of patient safety: A topical analysis of sterility
by Mesman, Jessica
- 1713-1721 Sociological refigurations of patient safety; ontologies of improvement and 'acting with' quality collaboratives in healthcare
by Zuiderent-Jerak, Teun & Strating, Mathilde & Nieboer, Anna & Bal, Roland
- 1722-1731 Constructing and re-constructing narratives of patient safety
by Waring, Justin J.
- 1732-1740 Intergroup communication between hospital doctors: Implications for quality of patient care
by Hewett, David G. & Watson, Bernadette M. & Gallois, Cindy & Ward, Michael & Leggett, Barbara A.
- 1741-1749 A problem shared...? Teamwork, autonomy and error in assisted conception
by Kerr, Anne
- 1750-1756 Affect is central to patient safety: The horror stories of young anaesthetists
by Iedema, Rick & Jorm, Christine & Lum, Martin
- 1757-1766 Uptake of a team briefing in the operating theatre: A Burkean dramatistic analysis
by Whyte, Sarah & Cartmill, Carrie & Gardezi, Fauzia & Reznick, Richard & Orser, Beverley A. & Doran, Diane & Lingard, Lorelei
- 1767-1776 Studying large-scale programmes to improve patient safety in whole care systems: Challenges for research
by Benn, Jonathan & Burnett, Susan & Parand, Anam & Pinto, Anna & Iskander, Sandra & Vincent, Charles
- 1777-1779 Social scientists and patient safety: Critics or contributors?
by Vincent, Charles
- 1780-1783 The contribution of new social science research to patient safety
by Ovretveit, John
- 1784-1790 Clinical trials as treatment option: Bioethics and health care disparities in substance dependency
by Timmermans, Stefan & McKay, Tara
- 1791-1792 Therapeutic misconception and the limits of ethnography. A commentary on Timmermans and McKay
by Lidz, Charles W.
- 1793-1796 The bioethical misconception: A response to Lidz
by McKay, Tara & Timmermans, Stefan
- 1797-1804 Healthy partnerships, healthy citizens? An international review of partnerships in health and social care and patient/user outcomes
by Rummery, Kirstein
- 1805-1812 Exploring patient involvement in healthcare decision making across different education and functional health literacy groups
by Smith, Sian K. & Dixon, Ann & Trevena, Lyndal & Nutbeam, Don & McCaffery, Kirsten J.
- 1813-1818 How are organisational climate models and patient satisfaction related? A competing value framework approach
by Ancarani, Alessandro & Di Mauro, Carmela & Giammanco, Maria Daniela
- 1819-1826 Experts and 'knowledge that counts': A study into the world of brain cancer diagnosis
by Gross, Sky
- 1827-1833 Reworking therapeutic landscapes: The spatiality of an 'alternative' self-help group
by Laws, Jennifer
- 1834-1844 What happens to people before and after disability? Focusing effects, lead effects, and adaptation in different areas of life
by Powdthavee, Nattavudh
- 1845-1853 Socio-geographic mobility and health status: A longitudinal analysis using the National Population Health Survey of Canada
by Curtis, Sarah & Setia, Maninder S. & Quesnel-Vallee, Amelie
December 2009, Volume 69, Issue 11
- 1561-1573 A meta-synthesis of pregnant women's decision-making processes with regard to antenatal screening for Down syndrome
by Reid, Bernie & Sinclair, Marlene & Barr, Owen & Dobbs, Frank & Crealey, Grainne
- 1574-1576 Reflecting on a meta-synthesis of qualitative papers concerned with pregnant women's decision-making about prenatal screening for Down syndrome: AÂ commentary on Reid, Sinclair, Barr, Dobbs and Crealey
by Heyman, Bob
- 1577-1579 Reflections on the methodological challenges of undertaking a meta-synthesis: AÂ response to Heyman
by Reid, Bernie & Sinclair, Marlene & Barr, Owen & Dobbs, Frank & Crealey, Grainne
- 1580-1581 Racial and socioeconomic disparities in arterial stiffness and intima media thickness among adolescents. A commentary on Thurston and Matthews (68(5), 2009, 807-813)
by Collins II, Ronnie Thomas & Alpert, Bruce S.
- 1582-1583 The importance of considering both racial and socioeconomic disparities: A response to Collins and Alpert
by Thurston, Rebecca C. & Matthews, Karen A.
- 1584-1591 Misspecification of the effect of race in fixed effects models of health inequalities
by Scribner, Richard Allen & Theall, Katherine P. & Simonsen, Neal R. & Mason, Karen E. & Yu, Qingzhao
- 1592-1607 The estimation of mortality for ethnic groups at local scale within the United Kingdom
by Rees, Philip Howell & Wohland, Pia N. & Norman, Paul D.
- 1608-1615 Marital status, gender, and depression: Analysis of the baseline survey of the Korean Longitudinal Study of Ageing (KLoSA)
by Jang, Soong-Nang & Kawachi, Ichiro & Chang, Jiyeun & Boo, Kachung & Shin, Hyun-Gu & Lee, Hyejung & Cho, Sung-il
- 1616-1624 Job authority and health: Unraveling the competing suppression and explanatory influences
by Schieman, Scott & Reid, Sarah
- 1625-1633 Immigrant obesity and unhealthy assimilation: Alternative estimates of convergence or divergence, 1995-2005
by Park, Julie & Myers, Dowell & Kao, Dennis & Min, SeongHee
- 1634-1642 Can regional resource shares be based only on prevalence data? An empirical investigation of the proportionality assumption
by Vallejo-Torres, Laura & Morris, Stephen & Carr-Hill, Roy & Dixon, Paul & Law, Malcom & Rice, Nigel & Sutton, Matthew
- 1643-1650 Are private physicians more likely to veto generic substitution of prescribed pharmaceuticals?
by Granlund, David
- 1651-1658 Are rural health professionals also social entrepreneurs?
by Farmer, Jane & Kilpatrick, Sue
- 1659-1666 Hastening death in end-of-life care: A survey of doctors
by Seale, Clive
- 1667-1673 Assets for policy making in health promotion: Overcoming political barriers inhibiting women in difficult life situations to access sport facilities
by Rütten, Alfred & Abu-Omar, Karim & Frahsa, Annika & Morgan, Antony
- 1674-1680 Tuberculosis and syndemics: Implications for Pacific health in New Zealand
by Littleton, Judith & Park, Julie
- 1681-1690 Pediatric therapeutics and medicine administration in resource-poor settings: A review of barriers and an agenda for interdisciplinary approaches to improving outcomes
by Craig, Sienna R. & Adams, Lisa V. & Spielberg, Stephen P. & Campbell, Benjamin
- 1691-1699 Is my mum going to hear this? Methodological and ethical challenges in qualitative health research with young people
by Duncan, Rony E. & Drew, Sarah E. & Hodgson, Jan & Sawyer, Susan M.
November 2009, Volume 69, Issue 10
- 1417-1425 Socioeconomic inequalities in physical and mental functioning of British, Finnish, and Japanese civil servants: Role of job demand, control, and work hours
by Sekine, Michikazu & Chandola, Tarani & Martikainen, Pekka & Marmot, Michael & Kagamimori, Sadanobu
- 1426-1428 A critical reflection on the role of social democracy in reducing socioeconomic inequalities in health: A commentary on Sekine, Chandola, Martikainen, Marmot and Kagamimori
by Bosma, Hans
- 1429-1431 What we learn from British, Finnish, and Japanese civil servants study and the role of social democracy in reducing socioeconomic inequalities in health: A response to Bosma
by Sekine, Michikazu & Chandola, Tarani & Martikainen, Pekka & Marmot, Michael & Kagamimori, Sadanobu
- 1432-1438 Age, cohort and period effects in the prevalence of sleep disturbances among older people: The impact of economic downturn
by Dregan, Alex & Armstrong, David
- 1439-1448 Do birth cohorts matter? Age-period-cohort analyses of the obesity epidemic in the United States
by Reither, Eric N. & Hauser, Robert M. & Yang, Yang
- 1449-1451 Recent advances in age-period-cohort analysis. A commentary on Dregan and Armstrong, and on Reither, Hauser and Yang
by Harding, David J.
- 1452-1459 The role of health insurance in explaining immigrant versus non-immigrant disparities in access to health care: Comparing the United States to Canada
by Siddiqi, Arjumand & Zuberi, Daniyal & Nguyen, Quynh C.
- 1460-1467 Can subjective and objective socioeconomic status explain minority health disparities in Israel?
by Baron-Epel, Orna & Kaplan, Giora
- 1468-1475 The individual and contextual pathways between oral health and income inequality in Brazilian adolescents and adults
by Celeste, Roger Keller & Nadanovsky, Paulo & Ponce de Leon, Antonio & Fritzell, Johan
- 1476-1483 Ethnic density effects on maternal and infant health in the Millennium Cohort Study
by Pickett, Kate E. & Shaw, Richard J. & Atkin, Karl & Kiernan, Kathleen E. & Wilkinson, Richard G.
- 1484-1492 Mortality effects of average education in current and earlier municipality ofÂ residence among internal migrants, net of their own education
by Kravdal, Øystein
- 1493-1500 Running to the Store? The relationship between neighborhood environments and the risk of obesity
by Zick, Cathleen D. & Smith, Ken R. & Fan, Jessie X. & Brown, Barbara B. & Yamada, Ikuho & Kowaleski-Jones, Lori
- 1501-1505 Parental education and children's online health information seeking: Beyond the digital divide debate
by Zhao, Shanyang
- 1506-1514 Dynamics of adolescent friendship networks and smoking behavior: Social network analyses in six European countries
by Mercken, Liesbeth & Snijders, Tom A.B. & Steglich, Christian & de Vries, Hein
- 1515-1522 Gender and the associated impairments of childhood sexual abuse: A national study of Icelandic youth
by Gault-Sherman, Martha & Silver, Eric & Sigfúsdóttir, Inga Dóra
- 1523-1530 Performance management in healthcare: Performance indicator development, task uncertainty, and types of performance indicators
by van der Geer, Eric & van Tuijl, Harrie F.J.M. & Rutte, Christel G.
- 1531-1538 Policy-related determinants of child nutritional status in China: The effect of only-child status and access to healthcare
by Bredenkamp, Caryn
- 1539-1546 Evidence-based policy-making: The implications of globally-applicable research for context-specific problem-solving in developing countries
by Behague, Dominique & Tawiah, Charlotte & Rosato, Mikey & Some, Télésphore & Morrison, Joanna
- 1547-1555 Degrees of disclosure: A study of women's covert use of the diaphragm in an HIV prevention trial in sub-Saharan Africa
by Sahin-Hodoglugil, Nuriye Nalan & van der Straten, Ariane & Cheng, Helen & Montgomery, Elizabeth T. & Kacanek, Deborah & Mtetwa, Sibongile & Morar, Neetha & Munyoro, Jane & Padian, Nancy
- 1556-1560 'Wellbeing': A collateral casualty of modernity?
by Carlisle, Sandra & Henderson, Gregor & Hanlon, Phil W.
November 2009, Volume 69, Issue 9
- 1287-1290 On the prospects for a blame-free medical culture
by Collins, Molly E. & Block, Susan D. & Arnold, Robert M. & Christakis, Nicholas A.
- 1291-1293 An end to the witch hunts: Responding to the defenders of blame and shame. AÂ commentary on Collins, Block, Arnold and Christakis
by Woodward, Helen I. & Lemer, Claire & Wu, Albert W.
- 1294-1295 Responsibility and reflection: Understanding our responses to perceived errors. A response to Woodward, Lemer and Wu
by Collins, Molly E. & Block, Susan D. & Arnold, Robert M. & Christakis, Nicholas A.
- 1296-1305 Disentangling the relative influence of built and socioeconomic environments on walking: The contribution of areas homogenous along exposures of interest
by Riva, Mylene & Gauvin, Lise & Apparicio, Philippe & Brodeur, Jean-Marc
- 1306-1310 Neighbourhoods in eco-epidemiologic research: Delimiting personal exposure areas. A response to Riva, Gauvin, Apparicio and Brodeur
by Chaix, Basile & Merlo, Juan & Evans, David & Leal, Cinira & Havard, Sabrina
- 1311-1313 From place-based to people-based exposure measures
by Kwan, Mei-Po
- 1314-1322 City structure, obesity, and environmental justice: An integrated analysis of physical and social barriers to walkable streets and park access
by Cutts, Bethany B. & Darby, Kate J. & Boone, Christopher G. & Brewis, Alexandra
- 1323-1332 Social capital, gender and self-rated health. Evidence from the Moscow Health Survey 2004
by Ferlander, Sara & Mäkinen, Ilkka Henrik
- 1333-1342 Rising U.S. income inequality, gender and individual self-rated health, 1972-2004
by Zheng, Hui
- 1343-1350 The relative contribution of income inequality and imprisonment to the variation in homicide rates among Developed (OECD), South and Central American countries
by Nadanovsky, Paulo & Cunha-Cruz, Joana
- 1351-1359 Willingness to pay for health insurance: An analysis of the potential market for new low-cost health insurance products in Namibia
by Gustafsson-Wright, Emily & Asfaw, Abay & van der Gaag, Jacques
- 1360-1367 Inequality in individual mortality and economic conditions earlier in life
by van den Berg, Gerard J. & Lindeboom, Maarten & Lopez, Marta
- 1368-1376 Why doctors choose small towns: A developmental model of rural physician recruitment and retention
by Hancock, Christine & Steinbach, Alan & Nesbitt, Thomas S. & Adler, Shelley R. & Auerswald, Colette L.
- 1377-1386 A model of mother-child adjustment in Arab Muslim immigrants to the US
by Aroian, Karen & Hough, Edythe S. & Templin, Thomas N. & Kulwicki, Anahid & Ramaswamy, Vidya & Katz, Anne
- 1387-1394 Anger, PTSD, and the nuclear family: A study of Cambodian refugees
by Hinton, Devon E. & Rasmussen, Andrew & Nou, Leakhena & Pollack, Mark H. & Good, Mary-Jo
- 1395-1401 A "usual occurrence:" Stress incontinence among reproductive aged women in Sri Lanka
by Hemachandra, Nilmini N. & Rajapaksa, Lalini C. & Manderson, Lenore
- 1402-1408 Governing childhood obesity: Framing regulation of fast food advertising in the Australian print media
by Henderson, Julie & Coveney, John & Ward, Paul & Taylor, Anne
- 1409-1415 Involuntary autonomy: Patients' perceptions of physicians, conventional medicines and risks in the management of atopic dermatitis
by Noerreslet, Mikkel & Jemec, Gregor B.E. & Traulsen, Janine M.
October 2009, Volume 69, Issue 8
- 1137-1143 Negotiating 'depression' in primary care: A qualitative study
by McPherson, Susan & Armstrong, David
- 1144-1146 When diagnosis fails: A commentary on McPherson & Armstrong
by Dowrick, Christopher
- 1147-1154 Demographic data in asthma clinical trials: A systematic review with implications for generalizing trial findings and tackling health disparities
by Frampton, Geoff K. & Shepherd, Jonathan & Dorne, Jean-Lou C.M.
- 1155-1156 Considering race/ethnicity and socio-economic status in randomized controlled trials. A commentary on Frampton et al.'s systematic review generalizing trial findings and tackling health disparities in asthma research
by Kreatsoulas, Catherine & Anand, Sonia
- 1157-1166 Empowering sex workers in India to reduce vulnerability to HIV and sexually transmitted diseases
by Swendeman, Dallas & Basu, Ishika & Das, Sankari & Jana, Smarajit & Rotheram-Borus, Mary Jane
- 1167-1176 Alcohol and transactional sex: How risky is the mix?
by Norris, Alison H. & Kitali, Amani J. & Worby, Eric
- 1177-1185 Public-sector ART in the Free State Province, South Africa: Community support as an important determinant of outcome
by Wouters, Edwin & Van Damme, Wim & Van Loon, Francis & van Rensburg, Dingie & Meulemans, Herman
- 1186-1193 Cumulative risk and AIDS-orphanhood: Interactions of stigma, bullying and poverty on child mental health in South Africa
by Cluver, Lucie & Orkin, Mark
- 1194-1203 Mental health, substance use and suicidal behaviour among young indigenous people in the Arctic: A systematic review
by Lehti, Venla & Niemelä, Solja & Hoven, Christina & Mandell, Donald & Sourander, Andre
- 1204-1210 Coming 'down here': Young people's reflections on becoming entrenched in a local drug scene
by Fast, Danya & Small, Will & Wood, Evan & Kerr, Thomas
- 1211-1219 Postnatal mental distress in relation to the sociocultural practices of childbirth: An exploratory qualitative study from Ethiopia
by Hanlon, Charlotte & Whitley, Rob & Wondimagegn, Dawit & Alem, Atalay & Prince, Martin
- 1220-1227 The etiquette of endometriosis: Stigmatisation, menstrual concealment and the diagnostic delay
by Seear, Kate
- 1228-1235 "Someone's rooting for you": Continuity, advocacy and street-level bureaucracy in UK maternal healthcare
by Finlay, Susanna & Sandall, Jane
- 1236-1245 Does government provision of healthcare explain the relationship between income inequality and low birthweight?
by Lhila, Aparna
- 1246-1251 Crediting his critics' concerns: Remaking John Snow's map of Broad Street cholera, 1854
by Koch, Tom & Denike, Kenneth
- 1252-1260 Do ethnic and socio-economic inequalities in mortality vary by region in New Zealand? An application of hierarchical Bayesian modelling
by Richardson, Ken & Blakely, Tony & Young, Jim & Graham, Patrick & Tobias, Martin
- 1261-1271 Contextual effects on health care access among immigrants: Lessons from three ethnic communities in Hawaii
by Choi, Jin Young
- 1272-1280 The relative contributions of hostility and depressive symptoms to the income gradient in hospital-based incidence of ischaemic heart disease: 12-Year follow-up findings from the GLOBE study
by Klabbers, Gonnie & Bosma, Hans & Van Lenthe, Frank J. & Kempen, Gertrudis I. & Van Eijk, Jacques T. & Mackenbach, Johan P.
- 1281-1286 Father absence due to migration and child illness in rural Mexico
by Schmeer, Kammi
October 2009, Volume 69, Issue 7
- 983-991 Defining and measuring acculturation: A systematic review of public health studies with Hispanic populations in the United States
by Thomson, Maria D. & Hoffman-Goetz, Laurie
- 992-995 Defining and measuring acculturation: A systematic review of public health studies with hispanic populations in the united states. A commentary on Thomson and Hoffman-Goetz
by Carter-Pokras, Olivia & Bethune, Lisa
- 996-998 The challenge of acculturation measures: What are we missing? A commentary on Thomson & Hoffman-Goetz
by Alegria, Margarita
- 999-1001 Defining and measuring acculturation in public health: A response to Carter-Pokras and Bethune
by Thomson, Maria D. & Hoffman-Goetz, Laurie
- 1002-1004 Gender and health inequities: A comment on the Final Report of the WHO Commission on the Social Determinants of Health
by Bates, Lisa Michelle & Hankivsky, Olena & Springer, Kristen W.
- 1005-1005 A response to Bates, Hankivsky and Springer on the WHO Knowledge Network onÂ Women and Gender Equity Commission on Social Determinants of Health
by Sen, Gita & Östlin, Piroska
- 1006-1009 Health inequalities: Gendered puzzles and conundrums. The 10th Annual Sol Levine Lecture on Society and Health, October 6, 2008
by Sen, Gita
- 1010-1017 "We only did it because he asked us": Gendered accounts of participation in a population genetic data collection
by Haddow, Gillian
- 1018-1024 The politics of 'The Natural Family' in Israel: State policy and kinship ideologies
by Birenbaum-Carmeli, Daphna
- 1025-1031 Adult smokers' perception of the role of religion and religious leadership on smoking and association with quitting: A comparison between Thai Buddhists and Malaysian Muslims
by Yong, Hua-Hie & Hamann, Stephen L. & Borland, Ron & Fong, Geoffrey T. & Omar, Maizurah
- 1032-1039 The role of shame in posttraumatic stress disorder: A proposal for a socio-emotional model for DSM-V
by Budden, Ashwin