Social Science & Medicine
2009, Volume 68, Issue 7
- 1271-1278 Female ever-smoking, education, emancipation and economic development in 19 European countries
by Schaap, Maartje M. & Kunst, Anton E. & Leinsalu, Mall & Regidor, Enrique & Espelt, Albert & Ekholm, Ola & Helmert, Uwe & Klumbiene, Jurate & Mackenbach, Johan P.
- 1279-1284 To what extent does socioeconomic status explain differences in health between Roma and non-Roma adolescents in Slovakia?
by Kolarcik, Peter & Geckova, Andrea Madarasova & Orosova, Olga & van Dijk, Jitse P. & Reijneveld, Sijmen A.
- 1285-1293 Neighborhood built environment and income: Examining multiple health outcomes
by Sallis, James F. & Saelens, Brian E. & Frank, Lawrence D. & Conway, Terry L. & Slymen, Donald J. & Cain, Kelli L. & Chapman, James E. & Kerr, Jacqueline
- 1294-1304 Pathways connecting neighborhood influences and mental well-being: Socioeconomic position and gender differences
by Burke, Jessica & O'Campo, Patricia & Salmon, Christina & Walker, Renee
- 1305-1314 Why have physical activity levels declined among Chinese adults? Findings from the 1991-2006 China health and nutrition surveys
by Ng, Shu Wen & Norton, Edward C. & Popkin, Barry M.
- 1315-1321 Famine, death, and madness: Schizophrenia in early adulthood after prenatal exposure to the Chinese Great Leap Forward Famine
by Song, Shige & Wang, Wei & Hu, Peifeng
- 1322-1331 Was the economic crisis 1997-1998 responsible for rising suicide rates in East/Southeast Asia? A time-trend analysis for Japan, Hong Kong, South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore and Thailand
by Chang, Shu-Sen & Gunnell, David & Sterne, Jonathan A.C. & Lu, Tsung-Hsueh & Cheng, Andrew T.A.
- 1332-1340 Community-based delivery of maternal care in conflict-affected areas of eastern Burma: Perspectives from lay maternal health workers
by Teela, Katherine C. & Mullany, Luke C. & Lee, Catherine I. & Poh, Eh & Paw, Palae & Masenior, Nicole & Maung, Cynthia & Beyrer, Chris & Lee, Thomas J.
- 1341-1348 Relationships between health and culture in Polynesia - A review
by Capstick, Stuart & Norris, Pauline & Sopoaga, Faafetai & Tobata, Wale
- 1349-1356 Understanding gendered influences on women's reproductive health in Pakistan: Moving beyond the autonomy paradigm
by Mumtaz, Zubia & Salway, Sarah
- 1357-1360 Reflecting and shaping the discourse: The role of music in AIDS communication in Tanzania
by Bastien, Sheri
2009, Volume 68, Issue 6
- 991-995 Animal-human connections, "one health," and the syndemic approach to prevention
by Rock, Melanie & Buntain, Bonnie J. & Hatfield, Jennifer M. & Hallgrímsson, Benedikt
- 996-999 Doorways in nature: Syndemics, zoonotics, and public health. A commentary on Rock, Buntain, Hatfield & Hallgrímsson
by Singer, Merrill C.
- 1000-1005 Counter design influences the privacy of patients in health care
by Mobach, Mark P.
- 1006-1012 Can the emotion of disgust be harnessed to promote hand hygiene? Experimental and field-based tests
by Porzig-Drummond, Renata & Stevenson, Richard & Case, Trevor & Oaten, Megan
- 1013-1020 Explaining socio-economic status differences in walking for transport: An ecological analysis of individual, social and environmental factors
by Cerin, Ester & Leslie, Eva & Owen, Neville
- 1021-1029 Modelling the effects of intimate partner violence and access to resources on women's health in the early years after leaving an abusive partner
by Ford-Gilboe, Marilyn & Wuest, Judith & Varcoe, Colleen & Davies, Lorraine & Merritt-Gray, Marilyn & Campbell, Jacquelyn & Wilk, Piotr
- 1030-1037 Video messaging: What works to persuade mothers to supervise young children more closely in order to reduce injury risk?
by Morrongiello, Barbara A. & Zdzieborski, Daniel & Sandomierski, Megan & Lasenby-Lessard, Jennifer
- 1038-1043 Peer-group support intervention improves the psychosocial well-being of AIDS orphans: Cluster randomized trial
by Kumakech, Edward & Cantor-Graae, Elizabeth & Maling, Samuel & Bajunirwe, Francis
- 1044-1049 Migration adversely affects antiretroviral adherence in a population-based cohort of HIV/AIDS patients
by Lima, Viviane & Fernandes, Kimberly & Rachlis, Beth & Druyts, Eric & Montaner, Julio & Hogg, Robert
- 1050-1059 Medical promise and the recalibration of expectation: Hope and HIV treatment engagement in a transitional setting
by Rhodes, Tim & Bernays, Sarah & Terzic, Katarina Jankovic
- 1060-1068 The effects of trust in physician on self-efficacy, adherence and diabetes outcomes
by Lee, Yin-Yang & Lin, Julia L.
- 1069-1074 Barriers to clinical research participation in a diabetes randomized clinical trial
by Robiner, William N. & Yozwiak, John A. & Bearman, Diane L. & Strand, Trudy D. & Strasburg, Katherine R.
- 1075-1081 Perceived occupational stress, affective, and physical well-being among telecommunication employees in Greece
by Lazuras, Lambros & Rodafinos, Angelos & Matsiggos, Georgios & Stamatoulakis, Alexander
- 1082-1090 The structuring of occupational stressors in a Post-Fordist work environment. Moving beyond traditional accounts of demand, control and support
by Vanroelen, Christophe & Levecque, Katia & Moors, Guy & Gadeyne, Sylvie & Louckx, Fred
- 1091-1097 Occupation and plasma fibrinogen in Japanese male and female workers: The Jichi Medical School Cohort study
by Hirokawa, Kumi & Tsutsumi, Akizumi & Kayaba, Kazunori
- 1098-1105 The spatial dimensions of neighborhood effects
by Spielman, Seth E. & Yoo, Eun-hye
- 1106-1113 Transitions in living arrangements of Canadian seniors: Findings from the NPHS longitudinal data
by Sarma, Sisira & Hawley, Gordon & Basu, Kisalaya
- 1114-1123 Length of life inequality around the globe
by Smits, Jeroen & Monden, Christiaan
- 1124-1128 Why do Italian people rate their health worse than French people do? An exploration of cross-country differentials of self-rated health
by Desesquelles, Aline F. & Egidi, Viviana & Salvatore, Michele A.
- 1129-1136 Public ideas and values concerning the commercialization of organ donation in four European countries
by Schweda, Mark & Schicktanz, Silke
- 1137-1144 The influence of institutional characteristics on length of stay for psychiatric patients: A national database study in South Korea
by Chung, Woojin & Cho, Woo Hyun & Yoon, Chung Won
- 1145-1152 Gender equity and health sector reform in Colombia: Mixed state-market model yields mixed results
by Ewig, Christina & Bello, Amparo Hernández
- 1153-1160 Bureaucratic Itineraries in Colombia. A theoretical and methodological tool to assess managed-care health care systems
by Abadia, Cesar Ernesto & Oviedo, Diana G.
- 1161-1168 'Workers', 'clients' and the struggle over needs: Understanding encounters between service providers and injecting drug users in an Australian city
by Moore, David
- 1169-1175 'Getting through' not 'going under': A qualitative study of gender and spousal support after diagnosis with colorectal cancer
by Emslie, Carol & Browne, Susan & MacLeod, Una & Rozmovits, Linda & Mitchell, Elizabeth & Ziebland, Sue
- 1176-1182 Searching for and making meaning after breast cancer: Prevalence, patterns, and negative affect
by Kernan, William David & Lepore, Stephen J.
- 1183-1190 "Race" and "ethnicity" in biomedical research: How do scientists construct and explain differences in health?
by Lee, Catherine
2009, Volume 68, Issue 5
- 791-798 Violence from parents in childhood and obesity in adulthood: Using food in response to stress as a mediator of risk
by Greenfield, Emily A. & Marks, Nadine F.
- 799-806 Childhood mistreatment and adolescent and young adult depression
by Fletcher, Jason M.
- 807-813 Racial and socioeconomic disparities in arterial stiffness and intima media thickness among adolescents
by Thurston, Rebecca C. & Matthews, Karen A.
- 814-823 Effects of neighborhood characteristics on the mortality of black male youth: Evidence from Gautreaux, Chicago
by Votruba, Mark Edward & Kling, Jeffrey R.
- 824-831 The worlds of homeless white and African American youth in San Francisco, California: A cultural epidemiological comparison
by Hickler, Benjamin & Auerswald, Colette L.
- 832-839 Barriers and facilitators related to mammography use among lower educated Mexican women in the USA
by Tejeda, Silvia & Thompson, Beti & Coronado, Gloria D. & Martin, Diane P.
- 840-844 Is perceived racial privilege associated with health? Findings from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System
by Fujishiro, Kaori
- 845-849 Studying the infant feeding intentions of pregnant women experiencing material deprivation: Methodology of the Looking at Infant Feeding Today (LIFT) study
by McMillan, Brian & Green, Josephine M. & Woolridge, Michael W. & Dyson, Lisa & Renfrew, Mary J. & Clarke, Graham P.
- 850-857 Mental health consequences of unintended childlessness and unplanned births: Gender differences and life course dynamics
by Maximova, Katerina & Quesnel-Vallée, Amélie
- 858-866 The contribution of material, psychosocial, and behavioral factors in explaining educational and occupational mortality inequalities in a nationally representative sample of South Koreans: Relative and absolute perspectives
by Khang, Young-Ho & Lynch, John W. & Yang, Seungmi & Harper, Sam & Yun, Sung-Cheol & Jung-Choi, Kyunghee & Kim, Hye Ryun
- 867-875 Urban/rural differences in body weight: Evidence for social selection and causation hypotheses in Finland
by Jokela, Markus & Kivimäki, Mika & Elovainio, Marko & Viikari, Jorma & Raitakari, Olli T. & Keltikangas-Järvinen, Liisa
- 876-884 Community inequality and smoking cessation in New Zealand, 1981-2006
by Barnett, Ross & Pearce, Jamie & Moon, Graham
- 885-893 Building social capital in post-conflict communities: Evidence from Nicaragua
by Brune, Nancy E. & Bossert, Thomas
- 894-902 The relational underpinnings of quality internal auditing in medical clinics in Israel
by Carmeli, Abraham & Zisu, Malka
- 903-911 Mechanisms behind privatization: A case study of private growth in Swedish elderly care
by Stolt, Ragnar & Winblad, Ulrika
- 912-918 A double-edged sword? Health research and research governance in UK primary care
by Shaw, Sara E. & Petchey, Roland P. & Chapman, Jenifer & Abbott, Stephen
- 919-924 Chronic catastrophes: Exploring the concentration and sustained nature of ambulatory prescription drug expenditures in the population of British Columbia, Canada
by Hanley, Gillian E. & Morgan, Steve
- 925-932 Practitioner perspectives on tackling health inequalities: Findings from an evaluation of healthy living centres in Scotland
by Rankin, David & Backett-Milburn, Kathryn & Platt, Stephen
- 933-940 Determinants of performance failure in the nursing home industry
by Zinn, Jacqueline & Mor, Vincent & Feng, Zhanlian & Intrator, Orna
- 941-948 "HIV is irrelevant to our company": Everyday practices and the logic of relationships in HIV/AIDS management by Japanese multinational corporations in northern Thailand
by Michinobu, Ryoko
- 949-956 The emergence of global health partnerships as facilitators of access to medication in Africa: A narrative policy analysis
by Ngoasong, Michael Zisuh
- 957-964 "When in the body, it makes you look fat and HIV negative": The constitution of antiretroviral therapy in local discourse among youth in Kahe, Tanzania
by Ezekiel, Mangi Job & Talle, Aud & Juma, James M. & Klepp, Knut-Inge
- 965-970 The role of religion in HIV-positive women's disclosure experiences and coping strategies in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo
by Maman, Suzanne & Cathcart, Rebecca & Burkhardt, Gillian & Omba, Serge & Behets, Frieda
- 971-979 Incontinence and trauma: Sexual violence, female genital cutting and proxy measures of gynecological fistula
by Peterman, Amber & Johnson, Kiersten
- 980-989 Diversity within: Deconstructing Aboriginal community health in Wikwemikong Unceded Indian Reserve
by Jacklin, Kristen
2009, Volume 68, Issue 4
- 591-592 Selected research from the XII International Symposium in Medical Geography, Bonn, July 2007: Introduction to the Special Issue
by Andrews, Gavin & Curtis, Sarah
- 593-600 Weighing the importance of neighbourhood: A multilevel exploration of the determinants of overweight and obesity
by Harrington, Daniel W. & Elliott, Susan J.
- 601-609 The link between local environment and obesity: A multilevel analysis in the Lisbon Metropolitan Area, Portugal
by Santana, Paula & Santos, Rita & Nogueira, Helena
- 610-619 Smoking cessation in England: Intentionality, anticipated ease of quitting and advice provision
by Twigg, Liz & Moon, Graham & Szatkowski, Lisa & Iggulden, Paul
- 620-624 The resurgence of tuberculosis in the Republic of Ireland: Perceptions and reality
by Pringle, Dennis
- 625-630 Is population mixing associated with childhood type 1 diabetes in Canterbury, New Zealand?
by Miller, Laura J. & Pearce, Jamie & Barnett, Ross & Willis, Jinny A. & Darlow, Brian A. & Scott, Russell S.
- 631-637 Spatial and environmental connectivity analysis in a cholera vaccine trial
by Emch, Michael & Ali, Mohammad & Root, Elisabeth D. & Yunus, Mohammad
- 638-642 Vulnerability to HIV/AIDS among women of reproductive age in the slums of Delhi and Hyderabad, India
by Ghosh, Jayati & Wadhwa, Vandana & Kalipeni, Ezekiel
- 643-653 Global variations in health: Evaluating Wilkinson's income inequality hypothesis using the World Values Survey
by Jen, Min Hua & Jones, Kelvyn & Johnston, Ron
- 654-663 Unravelling the extent of inequalities in health across urban and rural areas: Evidence from a national sample in England
by Riva, Mylene & Curtis, Sarah & Gauvin, Lise & Fagg, James
- 664-671 Older people and their social spaces: A study of well-being and attachment to place in Aotearoa New Zealand
by Wiles, Janine L. & Allen, Ruth E.S. & Palmer, Anthea J. & Hayman, Karen J. & Keeling, Sally & Kerse, Ngaire
- 672-681 Actor modelling and its contribution to the development of integrative strategies for management of pharmaceuticals in drinking water
by Titz, Alexandra & Döll, Petra
- 682-688 Neither rain nor hail nor sleet nor snow: Provider perspectives on the challenges of weather for home and community care
by Skinner, Mark W. & Yantzi, Nicole M. & Rosenberg, Mark W.
- 689-698 Parents' work patterns and adolescent mental health
by Dockery, Alfred & Li, Jianghong & Kendall, Garth
- 699-707 Early origins of health disparities: Burden of infection, health, and socioeconomic status in U.S. children
by Dowd, Jennifer Beam & Zajacova, Anna & Aiello, Allison
- 708-716 Obesity, race/ethnicity and the multiple dimensions of socioeconomic status during the transition to adulthood: A factor analysis approach
by Scharoun-Lee, Melissa & Adair, Linda S. & Kaufman, Jay S. & Gordon-Larsen, Penny
- 717-725 The Black-White difference in age trajectories of functional health over the life course
by Kim, Jinyoung & Miech, Richard
- 726-732 Discrimination and health among Asian American immigrants: Disentangling racial from language discrimination
by Yoo, Hyung Chol & Gee, Gilbert C. & Takeuchi, David
- 733-739 Intergenerational class mobility and cardiovascular mortality among Swedish women: A population-based register study
by Tiikkaja, Sanna & Hemström, Örjan & Vågerö, Denny
- 740-748 The efficacy of a network intervention to reduce HIV risk behaviors among drug users and risk partners in Chiang Mai, Thailand and Philadelphia, USA
by Latkin, Carl A. & Donnell, Deborah & Metzger, David & Sherman, Susan & Aramrattna, Apinun & Davis-Vogel, Annet & Quan, Vu Minh & Gandham, Sharavi & Vongchak, Tasanai & Perdue, Tom & Celentano, David D.
- 749-757 The virus stops with me: HIV-infected Ugandans' motivations in preventing HIV transmission
by King, Rachel & Lifshay, Julie & Nakayiwa, Sylvia & Katuntu, David & Lindkvist, Pille & Bunnell, Rebecca
- 758-765 Saving lives, preserving livelihoods: Understanding risk, decision-making and child health in a food crisis
by Hampshire, Katherine Rebecca & Panter-Brick, Catherine & Kilpatrick, Kate & Casiday, Rachel E.
- 766-773 Fairness and accountability for reasonableness. Do the views of priority setting decision makers differ across health systems and levels of decision making?
by Kapiriri, Lydia & Norheim, Ole F. & Martin, Douglas K.
- 774-780 Investigating the medical forensic examination from the perspectives of sexually assaulted women
by Du Mont, Janice & White, Deborah & McGregor, Margaret J.
- 781-789 Informed consent in biobank research: A deliberative approach to the debate
by Secko, David M. & Preto, Nina & Niemeyer, Simon & Burgess, Michael M.
2009, Volume 68, Issue 3
- 397-403 The effect of Transtheoretical Model based interventions on smoking cessation
by Aveyard, Paul & Massey, Louise & Parsons, Amanda & Manaseki, Semira & Griffin, Carl
- 404-406 Flaws in the theory or flaws in the study: A commentary on "The effect of Transtheoretical Model based interventions on smoking cessation"
by Prochaska, James O.
- 407-409 What is transtheoretical therapy? A response to Prochaska
by Parsons, Amanda & Aveyard, Paul
- 410-418 Public health works: Blood donation in urban China
by Adams, Vincanne & Erwin, Kathleen & Le, Phuoc V.
- 419-426 Major reduction in AIDS-mortality inequalities after HAART: The importance of absolute differences in evaluating interventions
by Regidor, Enrique & Sánchez, Elisabeth & de la Fuente, Luis & Luquero, Francisco J. & de Mateo, Salvador & Domínguez, Vicente
- 427-435 Neighborhood social cohesion and youth participation in physical activity in Chicago
by Cradock, Angie L. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Colditz, Graham A. & Gortmaker, Steven L. & Buka, Stephen L.
- 436-443 Social capital, political trust and self-reported psychological health: A population-based study
by Lindstrom, Martin & Mohseni, Mohabbat
- 444-451 Life-course socioeconomic positions and subclinical atherosclerosis in the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis
by Lemelin, Emily T. & Diez Roux, Ana V. & Franklin, Tracy G. & Carnethon, Mercedes & Lutsey, Pamela L. & Ni, Hanyu & O'Meara, Ellen & Shrager, Sandi
- 452-461 Pregnancy outcome of migrant women and integration policy: A systematic review of the international literature
by Bollini, Paola & Pampallona, Sandro & Wanner, Philippe & Kupelnick, Bruce
- 462-472 Recasting Hope: A process of adaptation following fetal anomaly diagnosis
by Lalor, Joan & Begley, Cecily M. & Galavan, Eoin
- 473-478 The health of female sex workers from three industry sectors in Queensland, Australia
by Seib, Charrlotte & Fischer, Jane & Najman, Jackob M.
- 479-486 From 'silent' to 'heard': Professional mediation, manipulation and women's experiences of their body after an abnormal Pap smear
by Blomberg, Karin & Forss, Anette & Ternestedt, Britt-Marie & Tishelman, Carol
- 487-495 Modafinil in the media: Metaphors, medicalisation and the body
by Coveney, Catherine M. & Nerlich, Brigitte & Martin, Paul
- 496-503 Community perceptions on the significant extension of life: An exploratory study among urban adults in Brisbane, Australia
by Underwood, Mair & Bartlett, Helen P. & Partridge, Brad & Lucke, Jayne & Hall, Wayne D.
- 504-510 Between professional values and the social valuation of patients: The fluctuating economy of pre-hospital emergency work
by Nurok, Michael & Henckes, Nicolas
- 511-518 Narratives of change and reform processes: Global and local transactions in French psychiatric hospital reform after the Second World War
by Henckes, Nicolas
- 519-525 Square pegs in round holes: Information systems, hospitals and the significance ofÂ contextual awareness
by Tjora, Aksel Hagen & Scambler, Graham
- 526-532 When the standards aren't standard: Evidence-based medicine in the Russian context
by Geltzer, Anna
- 533-543 Critical elements of culturally competent communication in the medical encounter: A review and model
by Teal, Cayla R. & Street, Richard L.
- 544-551 "Conditional scholarships" for HIV/AIDS health workers: Educating and retaining the workforce to provide antiretroviral treatment in sub-Saharan Africa
by Bärnighausen, Till & Bloom, David E.
- 552-561 Measuring achievement: Changes in risk factors for cardiovascular disease in Australia
by Clarke, Philip M. & Hayes, Alison J.
- 562-569 Pathways to distress: The multiple determinants of depression, hopelessness, and the desire for hastened death in metastatic cancer patients
by Rodin, Gary & Lo, Christopher & Mikulincer, Mario & Donner, Allan & Gagliese, Lucia & Zimmermann, Camilla
- 570-578 Self-labeling and its effects among adolescents diagnosed with mental disorders
by Moses, Tally
- 579-590 A meta-analysis of the hepatitis C virus distribution in diverse racial/ethnic drug injector groups
by Lelutiu-Weinberger, Corina & Pouget, Enrique R. & Des Jarlais, Don D.C. & Cooper, Hannah L. & Scheinmann, Roberta & Stern, Rebecca & Strauss, Shiela M. & Hagan, Holly
2009, Volume 68, Issue 2
- 201-209 Non-evidence-based policy: How effective is China's new cooperative medical scheme in reducing medical impoverishment?
by Yip, Winnie & Hsiao, William C.
- 210-219 Access to healthcare services makes a difference in healthy longevity among older Chinese adults
by Gu, Danan & Zhang, Zhenmei & Zeng, Yi
- 220-227 Health among the oldest-old in China: Which living arrangements make a difference?
by Li, Lydia W. & Zhang, Jiaan & Liang, Jersey
- 228-234 Guardians of health: The dimensions of elder caregiving among women in a Mexico City neighborhood
by Mendez-Luck, Carolyn A. & Kennedy, David P. & Wallace, Steven P.
- 235-242 Explaining health differences between men and women in later life: A cross-city comparison in Latin America and the Caribbean
by Zunzunegui, Maria-Victoria & Alvarado, Beatriz-Eugenia & Béland, François & Vissandjee, Bilkis
- 243-250 Resources, stressors and psychological distress among older adults in Chennai, India
by Chokkanathan, Srinivasan
- 251-259 Ill-health as a household norm: Evidence from other people's health problems
by Powdthavee, Nattavudh
- 260-265 Are self-reports of health and morbidities in developing countries misleading? Evidence from India
by Subramanian, S.V. & Subramanyam, Malavika A. & Selvaraj, Sakthivel & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 266-274 Disease prevalence in the English population: A comparison of primary care registers and prevalence models
by Martin, David & Wright, James A.
- 275-280 Does the association between self-rated health and mortality vary by social class?
by McFadden, E. & Luben, R. & Bingham, S. & Wareham, N. & Kinmonth, A.-L. & Khaw, K.-T.
- 281-289 Gender and socio-economic patterning of self-reported sleep problems in Britain
by Arber, Sara & Bote, Marcos & Meadows, Robert
- 290-297 The effect of socioeconomic status on survival from colorectal cancer in the Melbourne Collaborative Cohort Study
by Kelsall, Helen L. & Baglietto, Laura & Muller, David & Haydon, Andrew M. & English, Dallas R. & Giles, Graham G.
- 298-303 The role of health-related behaviors in the socioeconomic disparities in oral health
by Sabbah, Wael & Tsakos, Georgios & Sheiham, Aubrey & Watt, Richard G.
- 304-313 Workplace status and risk of hypertension among hourly and salaried aluminum manufacturing employees
by Clougherty, Jane Ellen & Eisen, Ellen A. & Slade, Martin D. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Cullen, Mark R.
- 314-322 An examination of the relationship between multiple dimensions of religiosity, blood pressure, and hypertension
by Buck, Anna C. & Williams, David R. & Musick, Marc A. & Sternthal, Michelle J.
- 323-333 Involvement of Rabbinic and communal authorities in decision-making by haredi Jews in the UK with breast cancer: An interpretative phenomenological analysis
by Coleman-Brueckheimer, Kate & Spitzer, Joseph & Koffman, Jonathan
- 334-342 Polygynous marital structure and child survivorship in sub-Saharan Africa: Some empirical evidence from Ghana
by Gyimah, Stephen Obeng
- 343-351 Stuips, spuits and prophet ropes: The treatment of abantu childhood illnesses in urban South Africa
by Friend-du Preez, Natalie & Cameron, Noël & Griffiths, Paula
- 352-361 When is deliberate killing of young children justified? Indigenous interpretations of infanticide in Bolivia
by de Hilari, Caroline & Condori, Irma & Dearden, Kirk A.
- 362-367 A note on the nature of utility in time and health and implications for cost utility analysis
by Buckingham, Ken J. & Devlin, Nancy Joy
- 368-379 How reliable are surveys of client satisfaction with healthcare services? Evidence from matched facility and household data in Madagascar
by Glick, Peter
- 380-389 The spreading of suicidal behavior: The contextual effect of community household poverty on adolescent suicidal behavior and the mediating role of suicide suggestion
by Bernburg, Jon Gunnar & Thorlindsson, Thorolfur & Sigfusdottir, Inga D.
- 390-395 Moving beyond "the Down Low": A critical analysis of terminology guiding HIV prevention efforts for African American men who have secretive sex with men
by Saleh, Lena Denise & Operario, Don
2009, Volume 68, Issue 1
- 1-8 Visualizing sexual assault: An exploration of the use of optical technologies in the medico-legal context
by White, Deborah & Du Mont, Janice
- 9-11 A comment on White and Du Mont's "Visualizing sexual assault: An exploration of the use of optical technologies in the medico-legal contact"
by Tjaden, Patricia
- 12-20 HIV prevention risks for Black women in Canada
by Williams, Charmaine C. & Newman, Peter A. & Sakamoto, Izumi & Massaquoi, Notisha A.
- 21-29 Polygyny and women's health in sub-Saharan Africa
by Bove, Riley & Valeggia, Claudia
- 30-38 Health-related stigma among women with lymphatic filariasis from the Dominican Republic and Ghana
by Person, Bobbie & Bartholomew, L. Kay & Gyapong, Margaret & Addiss, David G. & van den Borne, Bart
- 39-48 Is the crime drop of the 1990s in Canada and the USA associated with a general decline in risky and health-related behavior?
by Mishra, Sandeep & Lalumière, Martin
- 49-59 A multi-group cross-lagged analyses of work stressors and health using Canadian National sample
by Ibrahim, S. & Smith, P. & Muntaner, C.
- 60-68 Reciprocal relations between effort-reward imbalance at work and adverse health: A three-wave panel survey
by Shimazu, Akihito & de Jonge, Jan
- 69-79 Evaluation of a peer network intervention trial among young methamphetamine users in Chiang Mai, Thailand
by Sherman, Susan G. & Sutcliffe, Catherine & Srirojn, Bangorn & Latkin, Carl A. & Aramratanna, Apinun & Celentano, David D.
- 80-88 The impact of support network substitution on low-income women's health: Are minor children beneficial substitutes?
by Mickelson, Kristin D. & Demmings, Jessica L.
- 89-99 Children's delayed development and behavior problems: Impact on mothers' perceived physical health across early childhood
by Eisenhower, Abbey Severance & Baker, Bruce L. & Blacher, Jan
- 100-110 Neighborhood effects on birthweight: An exploration of psychosocial and behavioral pathways in Baltimore, 1995-1996
by Schempf, Ashley & Strobino, Donna & O'Campo, Patricia
- 111-123 From Kindergarten readiness to fourth-grade assessment: Longitudinal analysis with linked population data
by Lloyd, Jennifer E.V. & Hertzman, Clyde
- 124-132 A multilevel analysis of the effects of neighbourhood income inequality on individual self-rated health in Hong Kong
by Wong, Irene O.L. & Cowling, Benjamin J. & Lo, Su-Vui & Leung, Gabriel M.
- 133-142 The flip-side of social capital: The distinctive influences of trust and mistrust on health in rural China
by Wang, Hongmei & Schlesinger, Mark & Wang, Hong & Hsiao, William C.
- 143-153 Tangible evidence, trust and power: Public perceptions of community environmental health studies
by Scammell, Madeleine Kangsen & Senier, Laura & Darrah-Okike, Jennifer & Brown, Phil & Santos, Susan
- 154-168 "Medication career" or "Moral career"? The two sides of managingÂ antidepressants: A meta-ethnography of patients' experienceÂ of antidepressants
by Malpass, Alice & Shaw, Alison & Sharp, Debbie & Walter, Fiona & Feder, Gene & Ridd, Matthew & Kessler, David
- 169-176 'If it almost kills you that means it's working!' Cultural models of chemotherapy expressed in a cancer support group
by Bell, Kirsten
- 177-182 Attitudes of Arab and Jewish patients toward integration of complementary medicine in primary care clinics in Israel: A cross-cultural study
by Ben-Arye, Eran & Karkabi, Khaled & Karkabi, Sonia & Keshet, Yael & Haddad, Maria & Frenkel, Moshe
- 183-191 Patients' perceptions of research in emergency settings: A study of survivors of sudden cardiac death
by Dickert, Neal W. & Kass, Nancy E.
- 192-200 Evidence-based healthcare in practice: A study of clinician resistance, professional de-skilling, and inter-specialty differentiation in oncology
by Broom, Alex & Adams, Jon & Tovey, Philip
2008, Volume 67, Issue 12
- 1935-1943 Social assets and mental distress among the homeless: Exploring the roles of social support and other forms of social capital on depression
by Irwin, Jay & LaGory, Mark & Ritchey, Ferris & Fitzpatrick, Kevin
- 1944-1950 Social comparison of distress and mental health help-seeking in the US general population
by Mojtabai, Ramin
- 1951-1958 Personal and neighborhood socioeconomic status and indices of neighborhood walk-ability predict body mass index in New York City
by Rundle, Andrew & Field, Sam & Park, Yoosun & Freeman, Lance & Weiss, Christopher C. & Neckerman, Kathryn
- 1959-1969 Self-rated health and trust in low-income Mexican-origin individuals in Texas
by Franzini, Luisa
- 1970-1981 The inverse hazard law: Blood pressure, sexual harassment, racial discrimination, workplace abuse and occupational exposures in US low-income black, white and Latino workers
by Krieger, Nancy & Chen, Jarvis T. & Waterman, Pamela D. & Hartman, Cathy & Stoddard, Anne M. & Quinn, Margaret M. & Sorensen, Glorian & Barbeau, Elizabeth M.
- 1982-1994 Is precarious employment damaging to self-rated health? Results of propensity score matching methods, using longitudinal data in South Korea
by Kim, Myoung-Hee & Kim, Chang-yup & Park, Jin-Kyung & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 1995-2006 Studying place effects on health by synthesising individual and area-level outcomes
by Jackson, Christopher H. & Richardson, Sylvia & Best, Nicky G.
- 2007-2016 A small-area index of socioeconomic deprivation to capture health inequalities in France
by Havard, Sabrina & Deguen, Séverine & Bodin, Julie & Louis, Karine & Laurent, Olivier & Bard, Denis
- 2017-2026 Social participation and healthy ageing: An international comparison using SHARE data
by Sirven, Nicolas & Debrand, Thierry
- 2027-2035 Payments for health care and its effect on catastrophe and impoverishment: Experience from the transition to Universal Coverage in Thailand
by Somkotra, Tewarit & Lagrada, Leizel P.
- 2036-2042 Do Mexican immigrants substitute health care in Mexico for health insurance in the United States? The role of distance
by Brown, Henry Shelton
- 2043-2050 Convergent validity between a discrete choice experiment and a direct, open-ended method: Comparison of preferred attribute levels and willingness to pay estimates
by Marjon van der Pol & Shiell, Alan & Au, Flora & Johnston, David & Tough, Suzanne
- 2051-2058 Who is hurt by procyclical mortality?
by Edwards, Ryan
- 2059-2062 Examining the impact of federally-funded syphilis elimination activities in the USA
by Chesson, Harrell & Owusu-Edusei Jr., Kwame
- 2063-2071 Empowering interventions in health and social care: Recognition through 'ecologies of practice'
by Fisher, Pamela & Owen, Jenny
- 2072-2078 The evolving concept of health literacy
by Nutbeam, Don
- 2079-2088 Does narrative information bias individual's decision making? A systematic review
by Winterbottom, Anna & Bekker, Hilary L. & Conner, Mark & Mooney, Andrew
- 2089-2097 Making sense of suicide: A discourse analysis of young people's talk about suicidal subjecthood
by Roen, Katrina & Scourfield, Jonathan & McDermott, Elizabeth
- 2098-2106 Changing the knowledge base in Western herbal medicine
by Evans, Sue
- 2107-2115 Social rank and adult male nutritional status: Evidence of the social gradient in health from a foraging-farming society
by Reyes-García, Victoria & McDade, Thomas W. & Molina, Jose Luis & Leonard, William R. & Tanner, Susan N. & Huanca, Tomas & Godoy, Ricardo
- 2116-2125 Water insecurity and emotional distress: Coping with supply, access, and seasonal variability of water in a Bolivian squatter settlement
by Wutich, Amber & Ragsdale, Kathleen
- 2126-2134 Antiretroviral therapy in Zambia: Colours, 'spoiling', 'talk' and the meaning of antiretrovirals
by Schumaker, Lynette Louise & Bond, Virginia A.
2008, Volume 67, Issue 11
- 1641-1649 Early accounts of Gulf War illness and the construction of narratives in UK service personnel
by Cohn, Simon & Dyson, Clare & Wessely, S.
- 1650-1653 The institutional context of Gulf War illness claims: A commentary on Cohn, Dyson and Wessely
by Shriver, Thomas & Cable, Sherry
- 1654-1656 Contextualising Gulf War illness experience: A response to Shriver and Cable
by Wessely, Simon & Cohn, Simon
- 1657-1668 Widening health inequalities among U.S. military retirees since 1974
by Edwards, Ryan
- 1669-1678 Seeing the forest and the trees: Using network analysis to develop an organizational blueprint of state tobacco control systems
by Harris, Jenine K. & Luke, Douglas A. & Burke, Ryan C. & Mueller, Nancy B.
- 1679-1689 Health promotion research and practice require sound policy analysis models: The case of Quebec's Tobacco Act
by Breton, Eric & Richard, Lucie & Gagnon, France & Jacques, Marie & Bergeron, Pierre
- 1690-1699 Tobacco industry attempts to counter the World Bank report curbing the epidemic and obstruct the WHO framework convention on tobacco control
by Mamudu, Hadii M. & Hammond, Ross & Glantz, Stanton
- 1700-1707 A randomized trial evaluating tobacco possession-use-purchase laws in the USA
by Jason, Leonard A. & Pokorny, Steven B. & Adams, Monica
- 1708-1716 Smoking behaviours in a remote Australian Indigenous community: The influence of family and other factors
by Johnston, Vanessa & Thomas, David P.
- 1717-1726 The relationship between alcohol consumption and self-reported health status using the EQ5D: Evidence from rural Australia
by Petrie, Dennis & Doran, Chris & Shakeshaft, Anthony & Sanson-Fisher, Rob
- 1727-1736 Modifiable health risk factors and medical expenditures - The case of Taiwan
by Lin, Tsui-Fang
- 1737-1746 Scientific resistance to research, training and utilization of eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) therapy in treating post-war disorders
by Russell, Mark C.
- 1747-1756 The fetal tissue economy: From the abortion clinic to the stem cell laboratory
by Kent, Julie
- 1757-1765 Representativeness, legitimacy and power in public involvement in health-service management
by Martin, Graham P.
- 1766-1775 Family structure differences in health care utilization among U.S. children
by Gorman, Bridget K. & Braverman, Jennifer
- 1776-1783 General practitioners' experiences and understandings of diagnosing dementia: Factors impacting on early diagnosis
by Hansen, Emily C. & Hughes, Clarissa & Routley, Georgina & Robinson, Andrew L.
- 1784-1788 Doctors' strikes and mortality: A review
by Cunningham, Solveig Argeseanu & Mitchell, Kristina & Venkat Narayan, K.M. & Yusuf, Salim
- 1789-1797 Situated/being situated: Client and co-worker roles of family caregivers in hospice palliative care
by Stajduhar, Kelli I. & Nickel, Dawn D. & Martin, Wanda L. & Funk, Laura
- 1798-1806 Integrating the nurturer-trainer roles: Parental and behavior/symptom management processes for mothers of children with autism
by Tsai, Wen-Che & Tsai, Jia-Ling & Lotus Shyu, Yea-Ing
- 1807-1816 Claiming power through hardship: Initiation narratives of Palestinian traditional women healers in Israel
by Popper-Giveon, Ariela & Ventura, Jonathan
- 1817-1825 "She'll be right"? National identity explanations for poor sexual health statistics in Aotearoa/New Zealand
by Braun, Virginia
- 1826-1836 "So, are you back to work yet?" Re-conceptualizing 'work' and 'return to work' in the context of primary bone cancer
by Parsons, Janet A. & Eakin, Joan M. & Bell, Robert S. & Franche, Renée-Louise & Davis, Aileen M.