Social Science & Medicine
2008, Volume 66, Issue 7
- 1637-1645 Religious affiliation and mortality in Northern Ireland: Beyond Catholic and Protestant
by O'Reilly, Dermot & Rosato, Michael
- 1646-1657 Psychosocial health of residents exposed to soil pollution in a Flemish neighbourhood
by Vandermoere, Frédéric
2008, Volume 66, Issue 6
- 1241-1255 Neighbourhood effects on health: Does it matter where you draw the boundaries?
by Flowerdew, Robin & Manley, David J. & Sabel, Clive E.
- 1256-1270 Subjective and objective neighborhood characteristics and adult health
by Weden, Margaret M. & Carpiano, Richard M. & Robert, Stephanie A.
- 1271-1283 "I spent nine years looking for a doctor": Exploring access to health care among immigrants in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
by Asanin, Jennifer & Wilson, Kathi
- 1284-1296 Relation of female gender and low socioeconomic status to internalizing symptoms among adolescents: A case of double jeopardy?
by Mendelson, Tamar & Kubzansky, Laura D. & Datta, Geetanjali D. & Buka, Stephen L.
- 1297-1309 The contribution of maternal working conditions to socio-economic inequalities in birth outcome
by Gisselmann, Marit Dahlén & Hemström, Örjan
- 1310-1321 Hostility and anomie: Links to preterm delivery subtypes and ambulatory blood pressure at mid-pregnancy
by Tiedje, LindaBeth & Holzman, Claudia B. & De Vos, Eric & Jia, Xu & Korzeniewski, Steve & Rahbar, Mohammad H. & Goble, Monica M. & Kallen, David
- 1322-1333 The long-term effects of intimate partner violence on adolescent mothers' depressive symptoms
by Lindhorst, Taryn & Oxford, Monica
- 1334-1345 Does a higher educational level protect against anxiety and depression? The HUNT study
by Bjelland, Ingvar & Krokstad, Steinar & Mykletun, Arnstein & Dahl, Alv A. & Tell, Grethe S. & Tambs, K.
- 1346-1355 The physical strenuousness of work is slightly associated with an upward trend in the BMI
by Böckerman, Petri & Johansson, Edvard & Jousilahti, Pekka & Uutela, Antti
- 1356-1367 Crowding out effect of tobacco expenditure and its implications on household resource allocation in India
by John, Rijo M.
- 1368-1378 "The problem of the worst-off is dealt with after all other issues": The equity and health policy implementation gap in Burkina Faso
by Ridde, Valéry
- 1379-1392 Defining the "community" in community consultation for emergency research: Findings from the community VOICES study
by Ragin, Deborah Fish & Ricci, Edmund & Rhodes, Rosamond & Holohan, Jennifer & Smirnoff, Margaret & Richardson, Lynne D.
- 1393-1405 Modifying Photovoice for community-based participatory Indigenous research
by Castleden, Heather & Garvin, Theresa & First Nation, Huu-ay-aht
- 1406-1417 Researching reducing health disparities: Mixed-methods approaches
by Stewart, Miriam & Makwarimba, Edward & Barnfather, Alison & Letourneau, Nicole & Neufeld, Anne
- 1418-1428 Children in chronic pain: Promoting pediatric patients' symptom accounts in tertiary care
by Clemente, Ignasi & Lee, Seung-Hee & Heritage, John
- 1429-1436 Researching health inequalities in adolescents: The development of the Health Behaviour in School-Aged Children (HBSC) Family Affluence Scale
by Currie, Candace & Molcho, Michal & Boyce, William & Holstein, Bjørn & Torsheim, Torbjørn & Richter, Matthias
- 1437-1447 Hygiene and uncertainty in qualitative accounts of hepatitis C transmission among drug injectors in Serbia
by Rhodes, Tim & ZikicÂ´, Bojan & ProdanovicÂ´, Ana & Kuneski, Elena & Bernays, Sarah
2008, Volume 66, Issue 5
- 1019-1033 "You are free to set your own hours": Governing worker productivity and health through flexibility and resilience
by MacEachen, Ellen & Polzer, Jessica & Clarke, Judy
- 1034-1045 Social status and health: A comparison of British civil servants in Whitehall-II with European- and African-Americans in CARDIA
by Adler, Nancy & Singh-Manoux, Archana & Schwartz, Joseph & Stewart, Judith & Matthews, Karen & Marmot, Michael G.
- 1046-1056 Socioeconomic context, distance to primary care and detection of hepatitis C: A French population-based study
by Monnet, Elisabeth & Ramée, Cécile & Minello, Anne & Jooste, Valérie & Carel, Didier & Di Martino, Vincent
- 1057-1069 Risk screening, emergency care, and lay concepts of complications during pregnancy in Chiapas, Mexico
by Tinoco-Ojanguren, Rolando & Glantz, Namino M. & Martinez-Hernandez, Imelda & Ovando-Meza, Ismael
- 1070-1083 A health transition: Birth weights, households and survival in an Australian working-class population sample born 1857-1900
by McCalman, Janet & Morley, Ruth & Mishra, Gita
- 1084-1094 The social nature of natural childbirth
by Mansfield, Becky
- 1095-1105 "We Grandmothers Know Plenty": Breastfeeding, complementary feeding and the multifaceted role of grandmothers in Malawi
by Bezner Kerr, Rachel & Dakishoni, Laifolo & Shumba, Lizzie & Msachi, Rodgers & Chirwa, Marko
- 1106-1117 "He will ask why the child gets sick so often": The gendered dynamics of intra-household bargaining over healthcare for children with fever in the Volta Region of Ghana
by Tolhurst, Rachel & Amekudzi, Yaa Peprah & Nyonator, Frank K. & Bertel Squire, S. & Theobald, Sally
- 1118-1130 Ethnic differentials in parental health seeking for childhood illness in Vietnam
by Teerawichitchainan, Bussarawan & Phillips, James F.
- 1131-1139 Childhood social class and cancer incidence: Results of the globe study
by de Kok, Inge M.C.M. & van Lenthe, Frank J. & Avendano, Mauricio & Louwman, Marieke & Coebergh, Jan-Willem W. & Mackenbach, Johan P.
- 1140-1151 The impact of cumulative childhood adversity on young adult mental health: Measures, models, and interpretations
by Schilling, Elizabeth A. & Aseltine, Robert H. & Gore, Susan
- 1152-1164 The association between subjective social status and mental health among Asian immigrants: Investigating the influence of age at immigration
by Leu, Janxin & Yen, Irene H. & Gansky, Stuart A. & Walton, Emily & Adler, Nancy E. & Takeuchi, David T.
- 1165-1173 Mental-physical comorbidity in an ethnically diverse population
by Scott, Kate & McGee, Magnus A. & Schaaf, David & Baxter, Joanne
- 1174-1184 Social capital in its place: Using social theory to understand social capital and inequalities in health
by Stephens, Christine
- 1185-1196 Bringing health home: Householder and provider perspectives on the healthy housing programme in Auckland, New Zealand
by Bullen, Chris & Kearns, Robin A. & Clinton, Janet & Laing, Patricia & Mahoney, Faith & McDuff, Ingrid
- 1197-1203 Emergency department utilization among victims and offenders involved in non-lethal violence
by Daday, Jerry K. & Broidy, Lisa M. & Crandall, Cameron S.
- 1204-1216 Provider and clinic cultural competence in a primary care setting
by Paez, Kathryn A. & Allen, Jerilyn K. & Carson, Kathryn A. & Cooper, Lisa A.
- 1217-1227 Women and prostate cancer support groups: The gender connect?
by Bottorff, Joan L. & Oliffe, John L. & Halpin, Michael & Phillips, Melanie & McLean, Graham & Mroz, Lawrence
- 1228-1239 Reconsidering patient empowerment in chronic illness: A critique of models of self-efficacy and bodily control
by Aujoulat, Isabelle & Marcolongo, Renzo & Bonadiman, Leopoldo & Deccache, Alain
2008, Volume 66, Issue 4
- 803-810 Socioeconomic status and health-related quality of life among elderly people: Results from the Joint Canada/United States Survey of Health
by Huguet, Nathalie & Kaplan, Mark S. & Feeny, David
- 811-821 Relationship of race and poverty to lower extremity function and decline: Findings from the women's health and aging study
by Thorpe Jr., Roland James & Kasper, Judith D. & Szanton, Sarah L. & Frick, Kevin D. & Fried, Linda P. & Simonsick, Eleanor M.
- 822-834 The contribution of parental and grandparental childhood social disadvantage to circulatory disease diagnosis in young Swedish men
by Modin, Bitte & Vågerö, Denny & Hallqvist, Johan & Koupil, Ilona
- 835-848 Status relations in school and their relevance for health in a life course perspective: Findings from the Aberdeen children of the 1950's cohort study
by Östberg, Viveca & Modin, Bitte
- 849-861 Trajectories of functional health: The 'long arm' of childhood health and socioeconomic factors
by Haas, Steven
- 862-872 A multilevel analysis of urban neighborhood socioeconomic disadvantage and health in late life
by Wight, Richard G. & Cummings, Janet R. & Miller-Martinez, Dana & Karlamangla, Arun S. & Seeman, Teresa E. & Aneshensel, Carol S.
- 873-884 Widowhood and mortality among the elderly: The modifying role of neighborhood concentration of widowed individuals
by Subramanian, S.V. & Elwert, Felix & Christakis, Nicholas
- 885-899 Social capital and health and well-being in East Asia: A population-based study
by Yamaoka, Kazue
- 900-910 Individual-level analysis of social capital and health: A comparison of Arab and Jewish Israelis
by Baron-Epel, Orna & Weinstein, Ruth & Haviv-Mesika, Amalia & Garty-Sandalon, Noga & Green, Manfred S.
- 911-921 Social and structural violence and power relations in mitigating HIV risk of drug-using women in survival sex work
by Shannon, Kate & Kerr, Thomas & Allinott, Shari & Chettiar, Jill & Shoveller, Jean & Tyndall, Mark W.
- 922-932 Accounting for institutional change in health economic evaluation: A program to tackle HIV/AIDS and gender violence in Southern Africa
by Jan, Stephen & Pronyk, Paul & Kim, Julia
- 933-944 Paradoxes and asymmetries of transnational networks: A comparative case study of Mexico's community-based AIDS organizations
by Barnes, Nielan
- 945-951 Social impact of preventive HIV vaccine clinical trial participation: A model of prevention, assessment and intervention
by Allen, Mary & Lau, Chuen-Yen
- 952-962 The Chinese health care regulatory institutions in an era of transition
by Fang, Jing
- 963-969 Entrepreneurial ventures and whole-body donations: A regional perspective from the United States
by Anteby, Michel & Hyman, Mikell
- 970-981 Tobacco industry sociological programs to influence public beliefs about smoking
by Landman, Anne & Cortese, Daniel K. & Glantz, Stanton
- 982-993 Planning for end of life care within lay-led chronic illness self-management training: The significance of 'death awareness' and biographical context in participant accounts
by Sanders, Caroline & Rogers, Anne & Gately, Claire & Kennedy, Anne
- 994-1007 Family context of mental health risk in Tsunami affected mothers: Findings from a pilot study in Sri Lanka
by Wickrama, K.A.S. & Wickrama, K.A. Thulitha
- 1008-1018 Violence against women by their intimate partner and common mental disorders
by Ludermir, Ana Bernarda & Schraiber, Lilia B. & D'Oliveira, Ana F.P.L. & França-Junior, Ivan & Jansen, Henrica A.
2008, Volume 66, Issue 3
- 507-519 Neuroendocrine biomarkers, social relations, and the cumulative costs of stress in Taiwan
by Gersten, Omer
- 520-524 Challenges and opportunities for integrative health research in the context of culture: A commentary on Gersten
by McDade, Thomas W.
- 525-530 Neuroendocrine biomarkers, allostatic load, and the challenge of measurement: A commentary on Gersten
by Loucks, Eric B. & Juster, Robert P. & Pruessner, Jens C.
- 531-535 The path traveled and the path ahead for the allostatic framework: A rejoinder on the framework's importance and the need for further work related to theory, data, and measurement
by Gersten, Omer
- 536-544 Perceived social position and health in older adults in Taiwan
by Collins, Amy Love & Goldman, Noreen
- 545-557 Paying the price: The cost and consequences of emergency obstetric care in Burkina Faso
by Storeng, Katerini Tagmatarchi & Baggaley, Rebecca F. & Ganaba, Rasmané & Ouattara, Fatoumata & Akoum, Mélanie S. & Filippi, Véronique
- 558-568 Using qualitative methods to understand the determinants of patients' willingness to pay for cataract surgery: A study in Tanzania
by Geneau, Robert & Massae, Patrick & Courtright, Paul & Lewallen, Susan
- 569-581 Providing affordable essential medicines to African households: The missing policies and institutions for price containment
by Tetteh, Ebenezer kwabena
- 582-595 Mental health recovery and economic recovery after the tsunami: High-frequency longitudinal evidence from Sri Lankan small business owners
by de Mel, Suresh & McKenzie, David & Woodruff, Christopher
- 596-608 The North Korean standard of living during the famine
by Schwekendiek, Daniel
- 609-619 Marital status and smoking in Korea: The influence of gender and age
by Cho, Hong-Jun & Khang, Young-Ho & Jun, Hee-Jin & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 620-636 A broader perspective on education and mortality: Are we influenced by other people's education?
by Kravdal, Øystein
- 637-649 Social capital at work as a predictor of employee health: Multilevel evidence from work units in Finland
by Oksanen, Tuula & Kouvonen, Anne & Kivimäki, Mika & Pentti, Jaana & Virtanen, Marianna & Linna, Anne & Vahtera, Jussi
- 650-662 Can individual health differences be explained by workplace characteristics?--A multilevel analysis
by Marklund, Staffan & Bolin, Malin & von Essen, Jan
- 663-674 Economic strain, social relations, gender, and binge drinking in Moscow
by Jukkala, Tanya & Mäkinen, Ilkka Henrik & Kislitsyna, Olga & Ferlander, Sara & Vågerö, Denny
- 675-690 The weight of place: A multilevel analysis of gender, neighborhood material deprivation, and body mass index among Canadian adults
by Matheson, Flora I. & Moineddin, Rahim & Glazier, Richard H.
- 691-703 Population vulnerabilities and capacities related to health: A test of a model
by Ahern, Jennifer & Galea, Sandro & Hubbard, Alan & Karpati, Adam
- 704-714 Factors affecting physician visits in Chinese and Chinese immigrant samples
by Miltiades, Helen B. & Wu, Bei
- 715-726 Is sleep really for sissies? Understanding the role of work in insomnia in the US
by Henry, Doug & McClellen, Dana & Rosenthal, Leon & Dedrick, David & Gosdin, Melissa
- 727-739 Discourses of disease: Representations of tuberculosis within New Zealand newspapers 2002-2004
by Lawrence, Jody & Kearns, Robin A. & Park, Julie & Bryder, Linda & Worth, Heather
- 740-752 Dazzled by unity? Order and chaos in public discourse on illicit drug use
by Fraser, Suzanne & Moore, David
- 753-764 The impact of ethical beliefs on decisions about prenatal screening tests: Searching for justification
by García, Elisa & Timmermans, Danielle R.M. & van Leeuwen, Evert
- 765-775 With an attack I associate it more with going into hospital: Understandings of asthma and psychosocial stressors; are they related to use of services?
by Jones, Ian Rees & Ahmed, Nilufar & Kelly, Moira & Bothamley, Graham & Rajakulasingam, Raja & Victor, Christina & O'Malley, Anne & Griffiths, Chris
- 776-783 The incidence and characteristics of volatile substance use related ambulance attendances in metropolitan Melbourne, Australia
by Cvetkovski, Stefan & Dietze, Paul
- 784-789 Patient-physician communication barriers regarding fertility preservation among newly diagnosed cancer patients
by Quinn, Gwendolyn P. & Vadaparampil, Susan T. & Bell-Ellison, Bethany A. & Gwede, Clement K. & Albrecht, Terrance L.
- 790-800 Understanding the role of cancer worry in creating a "teachable moment" for multiple risk factor reduction
by McBride, Colleen M. & Puleo, Elaine & Pollak, Kathryn I. & Clipp, Elizabeth C. & Woolford, Sam & Emmons, Karen M.
2008, Volume 66, Issue 2
- 211-220 Low perceived benefits and self-efficacy are associated with hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection-related risk among injection drug users
by Cox, Joseph & De, Prithwish & Morissette, Carole & Tremblay, Claude & Stephenson, Randolph & Allard, Robert & Graves, Lisa & Roy, Élise
- 221-231 The natural history of male mental health: Health and religious involvement
by Vaillant, George & Templeton, Janice & Ardelt, Monika & Meyer, Stephanie E.
- 232-241 Repeat suicide attempts in Hong Kong community adolescents
by Wong, Joy P.S. & Stewart, Sunita M. & Claassen, Cindy & Lee, Peter W.H. & Rao, Uma & Lam, T.H.
- 242-254 Area social fragmentation, social support for individuals and psychosocial health in young adults: Evidence from a national survey in England
by Fagg, James & Curtis, Sarah & Stansfeld, Stephen A. & Cattell, Vicky & Tupuola, Ann-Marie & Arephin, Muna
- 255-259 Effects of racial density and income incongruity on pregnancy outcomes in less segregated communities
by Vinikoor, Lisa C. & Kaufman, Jay S. & MacLehose, Richard F. & Laraia, Barbara A.
- 260-275 Contextual analysis of breast and cervical cancer screening and factors associated with health care access among United States women, 2002
by Coughlin, Steven S. & Leadbetter, Steven & Richards, Thomas & Sabatino, Susan A.
- 276-288 Women's management of menstrual symptoms: Findings from a postal survey and qualitative interviews
by Santer, Miriam & Wyke, Sally & Warner, Pam
- 289-300 Understanding feticide: An analytic review
by Graham, Ruth H. & Robson, Stephen C. & Rankin, Judith M.
- 301-314 The donor, the father, and the imaginary constitution of the family: Parents' constructions in the case of donor insemination
by Grace, Victoria M. & Daniels, Ken R. & Gillett, Wayne
- 315-326 Self within a climate of contention: Experiences of chronic fatigue syndrome
by Travers, Michele Kerry & Lawler, Jocalyn
- 327-338 Coping with stress and by stress: Russian men and women talking about transition, stress and health
by Pietilä, Ilkka & Rytkönen, Marja
- 339-348 Perceived stigmatisation of young mothers: An exploratory study of psychological and social experience
by Whitley, Rob & Kirmayer, Laurence J.
- 349-361 The ambiguous meanings of the racial/ethnic categories routinely used in human genetics research
by Hunt, Linda M. & Megyesi, Mary S.
- 362-375 Involvement in treatment decision-making: Its meaning to people with diabetes and implications for conceptualisation
by Entwistle, Vikki & Prior, Maria & Skea, Zoe C. & Francis, Jillian J.
- 376-386 Ethics policies on euthanasia in nursing homes: A survey in Flanders, Belgium
by Lemiengre, Joke & Dierckx de Casterlé, Bernadette & Verbeke, Geert & Van Craen, Katleen & Schotsmans, Paul & Gastmans, Chris
- 387-402 Beyond negligence: Avoidability and medical injury compensation
by Kachalia, Allen B. & Mello, Michelle M. & Brennan, Troyen A. & Studdert, David M.
- 403-413 The meaning of justice in safety incident reporting
by Weiner, Bryan Jeffrey & Hobgood, Cherri & Lewis, Megan A.
- 414-426 Impacts of China's edible oil pricing policy on nutrition
by Ng, Shu Wen & Zhai, Fengying & Popkin, Barry M.
- 427-438 Gender bias in the food insecurity experience of Ethiopian adolescents
by Hadley, Craig & Lindstrom, David & Tessema, Fasil & Belachew, Tefara
- 439-453 Acculturation and the use of complementary and alternative medicine
by Su, Dejun & Li, Lifeng & Pagán, José A.
- 454-466 Lay accounts of depression amongst Anglo-Australian residents and East African refugees
by Kokanovic, Renata & Dowrick, Christopher & Butler, Ella & Herrman, Helen & Gunn, Jane
- 467-478 Implementing community interventions for HIV prevention: Insights from project ethnography
by Evans, Catrin & Lambert, Helen
- 479-491 HIV disclosure and discussions about grief with Shona children: A comparison between health care workers and community members in Eastern Zimbabwe
by De Baets, Anniek J. & Sifovo, Sibongile & Parsons, Ross & Pazvakavambwa, Isidore E.
- 492-505 The social epidemiology of tuberculosis in South Africa: A multilevel analysis
by Harling, Guy & Ehrlich, Rodney & Myer, Landon
2008, Volume 66, Issue 1
- 1-13 Social capital, anticipated ethnic discrimination and self-reported psychological health: A population-based study
by Lindström, Martin
- 14-30 Health and social outcomes among children in low-income families and families receiving social assistance--A Swedish national cohort study
by Weitoft, Gunilla Ringbäck & Hjern, Anders & Batljan, Ilija & Vinnerljung, Bo
- 31-42 Socioeconomic status and health: Youth development and neomaterialist and psychosocial mechanisms
by Kroenke, Candyce
- 43-56 Social capital, income inequality, and self-rated health in 45 countries
by Mansyur, Carol & Amick, Benjamin C. & Harrist, Ronald B. & Franzini, Luisa
- 57-71 Poverty, wealth inequality and health among older adults in rural Cambodia
by Zimmer, Zachary
- 72-87 Education, income and ethnic differences in cumulative biological risk profiles in a national sample of US adults: NHANES III (1988-1994)
by Seeman, Teresa & Merkin, Sharon S. & Crimmins, Eileen & Koretz, Brandon & Charette, Susan & Karlamangla, Arun
- 88-98 Deriving a risk-adjustment formula for hospital financing: Integrating the impact of socio-economic status on length of stay
by Perelman, Julian & Shmueli, Amir & Closon, Marie-Christine
- 99-109 Schizophrenia, drug companies and the internet
by Read, John
- 110-116 Most of our social scientists are not institution based... they are there for hire--Research consultancies and social science capacity for health research in East Africa
by Wight, Daniel
- 117-129 From health research to social research: Privacy, methods, approaches
by Roos, Leslie L. & Brownell, Marni & Lix, Lisa & Roos, Noralou P. & Walld, Randy & MacWilliam, Leonard
- 130-146 Staging data: Theatre as a tool for analysis and knowledge transfer in health research
by Rossiter, Kate & Kontos, Pia & Colantonio, Angela & Gilbert, Julie & Gray, Julia & Keightley, Michelle
- 147-158 Ethnicity and registration as a kidney donor: The significance of identity and belonging
by Morgan, Myfanwy & Mayblin, Maya & Jones, Roger
- 159-169 Paid to share: IVF patients, eggs and stem cell research
by Roberts, Celia & Throsby, Karen
- 170-181 Discourses of agency and the search for the authentic self: The case of mood-modifying medicines
by Stevenson, Fiona & Knudsen, Pia
- 182-188 Do diseases have a prestige hierarchy? A survey among physicians and medical students
by Album, Dag & Westin, Steinar
- 189-200 Women's perceptions and experiences of HIV prevention trials in Soweto, South Africa
by Stadler, Jonathan J. & Delany, Sinead & Mntambo, Mdu
- 201-209 Factors affecting Taiwanese women's choice of cesarean section
by Hsu, Kuang-Hung & Liao, Pei-Ju & Hwang, Chorng-Jer
2007, Volume 65, Issue 12
- 2409-2412 Retaining the sociology in medical sociology
by Nettleton, Sarah
- 2413-2424 British Asian families and the use of child and adolescent mental health services: A qualitative study of a hard to reach group
by Bradby, Hannah & Varyani, Maya & Oglethorpe, Rachel & Raine, Wendy & White, Ishbel & Helen, Minnis
- 2425-2439 Portraying Islam and Muslims in MEDLINE: A content analysis
by Laird, Lance Daniel & de Marrais, Justine & Barnes, Linda L.
- 2440-2457 Neighborhood economic disadvantage, violent crime, group density, and pregnancy outcomes in a diverse, urban population
by Masi, Christopher M. & Hawkley, Louise C. & Harry Piotrowski, Z. & Pickett, Kate E.
- 2458-2463 Disparities in obesity rates: Analysis by ZIP code area
by Drewnowski, Adam & D. Rehm, Colin & Solet, David
- 2464-2473 Mobility and its liminal context: Exploring sexual partnering among truck drivers crossing the Southern Brazilian border
by Lippman, Sheri A. & Pulerwitz, Julie & Chinaglia, Magda & Hubbard, Alan & Reingold, Arthur & Díaz, Juan
- 2474-2488 From macro to micro: The health of Swedish lone mothers during changing economic and social circumstances
by Fritzell, Sara & Ringbäck Weitoft, Gunilla & Fritzell, Johan & Burström, Bo
- 2489-2502 Socioeconomic status and age trajectories of health
by Kim, Jinyoung & Durden, Emily
- 2503-2516 Low birthweight among US Hispanic/Latino subgroups: The effect of maternal foreign-born status and education
by Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores & Soobader, Mah-J. & Berkman, Lisa F.
- 2517-2526 Tobacco expenditures and child health and nutritional outcomes in rural Bangladesh
by Nonnemaker, James & Sur, Mona
- 2527-2538 The determinants of the willingness to donate an organ among young adults: Evidence from the United States and the European Union
by Mocan, Naci & Tekin, Erdal
- 2539-2552 A panel multinomial logit analysis of elderly living arrangements: Evidence from aging in Manitoba longitudinal data, Canada
by Sarma, Sisira & Simpson, Wayne
- 2553-2565 The influence of prescription drug insurance on psychotropic and non-psychotropic drug utilization in Canada
by Sarma, Sisira & Basu, Kisalaya & Gupta, Anil
- 2566-2575 A qualitative study of the duty to care in communicable disease outbreaks
by Bensimon, Cécile M. & Tracy, C. Shawn & Bernstein, Mark & Shaul, Randi Zlotnik & Upshur, Ross E.G.
- 2576-2587 Modelling the contribution of changes in family life to time trends in adolescent conduct problems
by Collishaw, Stephan & Goodman, Robert & Pickles, Andrew & Maughan, Barbara
- 2588-2602 Covariations of emotional states and alcohol consumption: Evidence from 2 years of daily data collection
by Schroder, Kerstin E.E. & Perrine, Mervyn W.
2007, Volume 65, Issue 11
- 2187-2198 Informed consent in a changing environment
by Boulton, Mary & Parker, Michael
- 2199-2211 Changing constructions of informed consent: Qualitative research and complex social worlds
by Miller, Tina & Boulton, Mary
- 2212-2222 Beyond "misunderstanding": Written information and decisions about taking part in a genetic epidemiology study
by Dixon-Woods, Mary & Ashcroft, Richard E. & Jackson, Clare J. & Tobin, Martin D. & Kivits, Joelle & Burton, Paul R. & Samani, Nilesh J.
- 2223-2234 Informed consent, anticipatory regulation and ethnographic practice
by Murphy, Elizabeth & Dingwall, Robert
- 2235-2247 Translating ethics: Researching public health and medical practices in Nepal
by Harper, Ian
- 2248-2259 Ethnography/ethics
by Parker, Michael
- 2260-2271 Informed consent: Interpretations and practice on social surveys
by Martin, Jean & Marker, David A.
- 2272-2283 Competent children? Minors' consent to health care treatment and research
by Alderson, Priscilla
- 2284-2295 Proposing modesty for informed consent
by Burgess, Michael M.
- 2296-2306 Doing participant observation in a psychiatric hospital-- Research ethics resumed
by Oeye, Christine & Bjelland, Anne Karen & Skorpen, Aina
- 2307-2316 A quackery with a difference--New medical pluralism and the problem of 'dangerous practitioners' in the United Kingdom
by Wahlberg, Ayo
- 2317-2327 A critical examination of home care: End of life care as an illustrative case
by Exley, Catherine & Allen, Davina
- 2328-2341 The role of the bioethicist in family meetings about end of life care
by Watkins, Liza T. & Sacajiu, Galit & Karasz, Alison
- 2342-2356 Sometimes doing the right thing sucks: Frame combinations and multi-fetal pregnancy reduction decision difficulty
by Britt, David W. & Evans, Mark I.
- 2357-2370 Sequence analysis in multilevel models. A study on different sources of patient cues in medical consultations
by Del Piccolo, Lidia & Mazzi, Maria Angela & Dunn, Graham & Sandri, Marco & Zimmermann, Christa
- 2371-2382 Framework for Aboriginal-guided decolonizing research involving Métis and First Nations persons with diabetes
by Bartlett, Judith G. & Iwasaki, Yoshitaka & Gottlieb, Benjamin & Hall, Darlene & Mannell, Roger
- 2383-2393 Sex, money, and premarital partnerships in southern Malawi
by Poulin, Michelle
- 2394-2406 A longitudinal, qualitative analysis of the context of substance use and sexual behavior among 18- to 29-year-old men after their release from prison
by Seal, D.W. & Eldrige, G.D. & Kacanek, D. & Binson, D. & MacGowan, R.J.
2007, Volume 65, Issue 10
- 1979-1985 Health care delivery systems for older adults: How do the Netherlands and Lebanon compare?
by Hospers, Aaltje Paulien Nelian & Chahine, Lama M. & Chemali, Zeina
- 1986-2003 Are urban children really healthier? Evidence from 47 developing countries
by Van de Poel, Ellen & O'Donnell, Owen & Van Doorslaer, Eddy
- 2004-2017 Racially mixed neighborhoods, perceived neighborhood social cohesion, and adolescent health in Canada
by Abada, Teresa & Hou, Feng & Ram, Bali
- 2018-2030 Determinants of prostate cancer stage in northern New England: USA Franco-American contextual effects
by Parsons, Margaret A. & Askland, Kathleen D.
- 2031-2042 Disappearing acts: The social networks of formerly homeless individuals with co-occurring disorders
by Hawkins, Robert Leibson & Abrams, Courtney
- 2043-2057 Loop analysis of causal feedback in epidemiology: An illustration relating to urban neighborhoods and resident depressive experiences
by Dinno, Alexis
- 2058-2069 A prospective study of cultural consonance and depressive symptoms in urban Brazil
by Dressler, William W. & Balieiro, Mauro C. & Ribeiro, Rosane P. & dos Santos, Jose E.
- 2070-2080 Going to scale with community-based primary care: An analysis of the family health program and infant mortality in Brazil, 1999-2004
by Macinko, James & de Fátima Marinho de Souza, Maria & Guanais, Frederico C. & da Silva Simões, Celso Cardoso
- 2081-2092 On new reproductive technologies and family ethics: Pre-implantation genetic diagnosis for sibling donor in Israel and Germany
by Hashiloni-Dolev, Yael & Shkedi, Shiri
- 2093-2104 Genes, ownership, and indigenous reality
by Gillett, Grant & McKergow, Felicity
- 2105-2115 Risk perception and decision processes underlying informed consent to research participation
by Reynolds, William W. & Nelson, Robert M.
- 2116-2129 Cost-effectiveness analysis and formulary decision making in England: Findings from research
by Williams, Iestyn P. & Bryan, Stirling
- 2130-2134 Beyond the medical-informational model: Recasting the role of communication in tuberculosis control
by Waisbord, Silvio
- 2135-2146 From child to adult: An exploration of shifting family roles and responsibilities in managing physiotherapy for cystic fibrosis
by Williams, Brian & Mukhopadhyay, Somnath & Dowell, Jon & Coyle, Joanne
- 2147-2159 Being a 'good mother': Managing breastfeeding and merging identities
by Marshall, Joyce L. & Godfrey, Mary & Renfrew, Mary J.
- 2160-2171 The emotional costs of caring incurred by men and women in the British labour market
by Barron, David Nicholas & West, Elizabeth
- 2172-2183 An exploration of walking behaviour--An interpretative phenomenological approach
by Darker, Catherine D. & Larkin, Michael & French, David P.
2007, Volume 65, Issue 9
- 1821-1824 Placing health in context
by Dunn, James R. & Cummins, Steven
- 1825-1838 Understanding and representing 'place' in health research: A relational approach
by Cummins, Steven & Curtis, Sarah & Diez-Roux, Ana V. & Macintyre, Sally
- 1839-1852 Health inequalities and place: A theoretical conception of neighbourhood
by Bernard, Paul & Charafeddine, Rana & Frohlich, Katherine L. & Daniel, Mark & Kestens, Yan & Potvin, Louise
- 1853-1866 Understanding social disparities in hypertension prevalence, awareness, treatment, and control: The role of neighborhood context
by Morenoff, Jeffrey D. & House, James S. & Hansen, Ben B. & Williams, David R. & Kaplan, George A. & Hunte, Haslyn E.
- 1867-1881 The importance of social context: Neighborhood stressors, stress-buffering mechanisms, and alcohol, drug, and mental health disorders
by Stockdale, Susan E. & Wells, Kenneth B. & Tang, Lingqi & Belin, Thomas R. & Zhang, Lily & Sherbourne, Cathy D.
- 1882-1897 Pathways to obesity: Identifying local, modifiable determinants of physical activity and diet
by Stafford, Mai & Cummins, Steven & Ellaway, Anne & Sacker, Amanda & Wiggins, Richard D. & Macintyre, Sally
- 1898-1914 Stepping towards causation: Do built environments or neighborhood and travel preferences explain physical activity, driving, and obesity?
by Frank, Lawrence Douglas & Saelens, Brian E. & Powell, Ken E. & Chapman, James E.
- 1915-1927 Health intervention in social context: Understanding social networks and neighbourhood
by Chiu, Lai Fong & West, Robert M.
- 1928-1941 New communities, new relations: The impact of community organization on health outcomes
by Durie, Robin & Wyatt, Katrina
- 1942-1952 An exploratory spatial data analysis approach to understanding the relationship between deprivation and mortality in Scotland
by Sridharan, Sanjeev & Tunstall, Helena & Lawder, Richard & Mitchell, Richard
- 1953-1964 Locality deprivation and Type 2 diabetes incidence: A local test of relative inequalities
by Cox, Matthew & Boyle, Paul J. & Davey, Peter G. & Feng, Zhiqiang & Morris, Andrew D.
- 1965-1978 The problems of relative deprivation: Why some societies do better than others
by Wilkinson, Richard G. & Pickett, Kate E.
2007, Volume 65, Issue 8
- 1561-1571 "How could you let yourself get like that?": Stories of the origins of obesity in accounts of weight loss surgery
by Throsby, Karen
- 1572-1583 Environmental, parental, and personal influences on food choice, access, and overweight status among homeless children
by Richards, Rickelle & Smith, Chery
- 1584-1594 Living with low back pain--Stories of hope and despair
by Corbett, Mandy & Foster, Nadine E. & Ong, Bie Nio
- 1595-1605 An analysis over time (1990-2000) of the experiences of living with HIV
by Pierret, Janine
- 1606-1618 Governing the healthy male citizen: Men, masculinity and popular health in Men's Health magazine
by Crawshaw, Paul
- 1619-1629 The passing dilemma in socially invisible diseases: Narratives on chronic headache
by Lonardi, Cristina
- 1630-1641 "Nobody's just normal, you know": The social creation of developmental disability
by Leiter, Valerie
- 1642-1653 Using narrative analysis to understand the combined use of complementary therapies and bio-medically oriented health care
by Hök, Johanna & Wachtler, Caroline & Falkenberg, Torkel & Tishelman, Carol
- 1654-1665 Exploring identity, culture, and suffering with a Kashmiri Sikh refugee
by Aggarwal, Neil Krishan
- 1666-1682 Barriers to the utilization of maternal health care in rural Mali
by Gage, Anastasia J.
- 1683-1694 The impact of perceived stigma and mediating social factors on infertility-related stress among women seeking infertility treatment in Southern Ghana
by Donkor, Ernestina S. & Sandall, Jane
- 1695-1707 Current health and preferences for life-prolonging treatments: An application of prospect theory to end-of-life decision making
by Winter, Laraine & Parker, Barbara
- 1708-1719 Ethical climate, ethics stress, and the job satisfaction of nurses and social workers in the United States
by Ulrich, Connie & O'Donnell, Patricia & Taylor, Carol & Farrar, Adrienne & Danis, Marion & Grady, Christine