Social Science & Medicine
2006, Volume 63, Issue 4
- 1011-1022 Social Environment and Physical activity: A review of concepts and evidence
by McNeill, Lorna Haughton & Kreuter, Matthew W. & Subramanian, S.V.
- 1023-1033 The influence of maternal childhood and adulthood social class on the health of the infant
by Gisselmann, Marit Dahlén
- 1034-1044 Individual, neighborhood, and state-level predictors of smoking among US Black women: A multilevel analysis
by Datta, Geetanjali Dabral & Subramanian, S.V. & Colditz, Graham A. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Palmer, Julie R. & Rosenberg, Lynn
- 1045-1059 US state- and county-level social capital in relation to obesity and physical inactivity: A multilevel, multivariable analysis
by Kim, Daniel & Subramanian, S.V. & Gortmaker, Steven L. & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 1060-1071 Extending systematic reviews to include evidence on implementation: Methodological work on a review of community-based initiatives to prevent injuries
by Roen, Katrina & Arai, Lisa & Roberts, Helen & Popay, Jennie
- 1072-1083 Borna disease virus: The generation and review of a scientific study
by Wood, Fiona & Bloor, Michael J.
- 1084-1096 'When I first came here, I thought medicine was black and white': Making sense of medical students' ways of knowing
by Knight, Lynn Valerie & Mattick, Karen
- 1097-1108 The problems of offenders with mental disorders: A plurality of perspectives within a single mental health care organisation
by Davies, Jacqueline P. & Heyman, Bob & Godin, Paul M. & Shaw, Monica P. & Reynolds, Lisa
- 1109-1120 Where techno-science meets poverty: Medical research and the economy of blood in The Gambia, West Africa
by Fairhead, James & Leach, Melissa & Small, Mary
2006, Volume 63, Issue 3
- 563-565 Comment on: "Conceptualizing mainstream health care providers' behaviours in relation to complementary and alternative medicine" by Hirschkorn and Bourgeault
by Tovey, P. & Adams, Jon
- 566-574 The relationship between nonstandard working and mental health in a representative sample of the South Korean population
by Kim, Il-Ho & Muntaner, Carles & Khang, Young-Ho & Paek, Domyung & Cho, Sung-Il
- 575-586 The lesser evil: Bad jobs or unemployment? A survey of mid-aged Australians
by Broom, Dorothy H. & D'Souza, Rennie M. & Strazdins, Lyndall & Butterworth, Peter & Parslow, Ruth & Rodgers, Bryan
- 587-592 Mental health problems in women attending district-level services in South Africa
by Pillay, Anthony L. & Kriel, Anita J.
- 593-597 Primary mental health care in rural Punjab, Pakistan: Providers, and user perspectives of the effectiveness of treatments
by Mirza, Ilyas & Mujtaba, Muhammad & Chaudhry, Haroon & Jenkins, Rachel
- 598-610 Adjustment to cancer in the 8 years following diagnosis: A longitudinal study comparing cancer survivors with healthy individuals
by Schroevers, Maya & Ranchor, Adelita V. & Sanderman, Robbert
- 611-623 The pros and cons of social relations: An analysis of adolescents' health complaints
by Brolin Låftman, Sara & Östberg, Viveca
- 624-635 Making sense of eating, weight and risk in the early teenage years: Views and concerns of parents in poorer socio-economic circumstances
by Backett-Milburn, Kathryn C. & Wills, Wendy J. & Gregory, Susan & Lawton, Julia
- 636-648 Psychological distress among adolescents, and its relationship to individual, family and area characteristics in East London
by Fagg, James & Curtis, Sarah & Stansfeld, Stephen & Congdon, Peter
- 649-661 Spaces of sobriety/sites of power: Examining social model alcohol recovery programs as therapeutic landscapes
by Wilton, Robert & DeVerteuil, Geoffrey
- 662-674 What explains the association between neighborhood-level income inequality and the risk of fatal overdose in New York City?
by Nandi, Arijit & Galea, Sandro & Ahern, Jennifer & Bucciarelli, Angela & Vlahov, David & Tardiff, Kenneth
- 675-679 Understanding risk behaviours: How the sociology of deviance may contribute? The case of drug-taking
by Peretti-Watel, Patrick & Moatti, Jean-Paul
- 680-690 Individual and area factors associated with general practitioner integration in Australia: A multilevel analysis
by Dunt, D. & Elsworth, G. & Southern, D. & Harris, C. & Potiriadis, M. & Young, D.
- 691-705 Modelling and understanding primary health care accessibility and utilization in rural South Africa: An exploration using a geographical information system
by Tanser, Frank & Gijsbertsen, Brice & Herbst, Kobus
- 706-721 Migration and maternal health services utilization in rural Guatemala
by Lindstrom, David P & Muñoz-Franco, Elisa
- 722-731 Cultural context and impact of alcohol use in the Sundarban Delta, West Bengal, India
by Chowdhury, Arabinda N. & Ramakrishna, Jayashree & Chakraborty, Ajoy K. & Weiss, Mitchell G.
- 732-742 Symptoms, attitudes and treatment choices surrounding menopause among the Q'eqchi Maya of Livingston, Guatemala
by Michel, Joanna L. & Mahady, Gail B. & Veliz, Mario & Soejarto, Doel D. & Caceres, Armando
- 743-756 European public acceptance of euthanasia: Socio-demographic and cultural factors associated with the acceptance of euthanasia in 33 European countries
by Cohen, Joachim & Marcoux, Isabelle & Bilsen, Johan & Deboosere, Patrick & van der Wal, Gerrit & Deliens, Luc
- 757-775 Clinicians and the governance of hospitals: A cross-cultural perspective on relations between profession and management
by Degeling, Pieter & Zhang, Kai & Coyle, Barbara & Xu, Lingzhong & Meng, Qingyue & Qu, Jiangbin & Hill, Michael
- 776-787 Providers' constructions of the role of women in cervical cancer screening in Bulgaria and Romania
by Todorova, Irina L.G. & Baban, Adriana & Balabanova, Dina & Panayotova, Yulia & Bradley, Janet
- 788-804 The association of subjective social status and health in low-income Mexican-origin individuals in Texas
by Franzini, Luisa & Fernandez-Esquer, Maria Eugenia
- 805-816 Disability pension among immigrants in Sweden
by Österberg, Torun & Gustafsson, Björn
- 817-828 On the dynamics of health capital accumulation
by McCarthy, Robert
- 829-842 Political and welfare state determinants of infant and child health indicators: An analysis of wealthy countries
by Chung, Haejoo & Muntaner, Carles
2006, Volume 63, Issue 2
- 285-295 The relationship between age of menarche and mental distress in Norwegian adolescent girls and girls from different immigrant groups in Norway: Results from an urban city cross-sectional survey
by Lien, Lars & Dalgard, Florence & Heyerdahl, Sonja & Thoresen, Magne & Bjertness, Espen
- 296-306 Adolescent suicide attempters in Hong Kong and the United States
by Stewart, Sunita M. & Felice, Elizabeth & Claassen, Cindy & Kennard, Betsy D. & Lee, Peter W.H. & Emslie, Graham J.
- 307-319 Suicide mortality of Eastern European regions before and after the Communist period
by Mäkinen, Ilkka Henrik
- 320-334 It's good to talk: Adolescent perspectives of an informal, peer-led intervention to reduce smoking
by Audrey, Suzanne & Holliday, Jo & Campbell, Rona
- 335-346 Marital status disparities in maternal smoking during pregnancy, breastfeeding and maternal depression
by Kiernan, Kathleen & Pickett, Kate E.
- 347-358 Vaccination for Group B Streptococcus during pregnancy: Attitudes and concerns of women and health care providers
by Patten, San & Vollman, Ardene Robinson & Manning, Shannon D. & Mucenski, Melissa & Vidakovich, Jeanne & Davies, H. Dele
- 359-372 Does village inequality in modern income harm the psyche? Anger, fear, sadness, and alcohol consumption in a pre-industrial society
by Godoy, Ricardo A. & Reyes-García, Victoria & McDade, Thomas & Huanca, Tomás & Leonard, William R. & Tanner, Susan & Vadez, Vincent
- 373-383 Exit, voice, governance and user-responsiveness: The case of English primary care trusts
by Pickard, Susan & Sheaff, Rod & Dowling, Bernard
- 384-396 The role of law in public health: The case of family planning in the Philippines
by Mello, Michelle Marie & Powlowski, Marcus & Nañagas, Juan M.P. & Bossert, Thomas
- 397-408 Building effective public-private partnerships: Experiences and lessons from the African Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Partnerships (ACHAP)
by Ramiah, Ilavenil & Reich, Michael R.
- 409-417 The scope of naturopathic medicine in Canada: An emerging profession
by Verhoef, Marja J. & Boon, Heather s & Mutasingwa, Donatus R.
- 418-429 "Women do what they want": Islam and permanent contraception in Northern Tanzania
by Krehbiel Keefe, Susi
- 430-445 Socioeconomic inequalities in physical and mental functioning of Japanese civil servants: Explanations from work and family characteristics
by Sekine, Michikazu & Chandola, Tarani & Martikainen, Pekka & Marmot, Michael & Kagamimori, Sadanobu
- 446-456 Socioeconomic inequalities in coronary heart disease in Italy: A multilevel population-based study
by Petrelli, Alessio & Gnavi, Roberto & Marinacci, Chiara & Costa, Giuseppe
- 457-464 State-level variations in income-related inequality in health and health achievement in the US
by Xu, Ke Tom
- 465-484 The "Americanisation" of migrants: Evidence for the contribution of ethnicity, social deprivation, lifestyle and life-course processes to the mid-20th century Coronary Heart Disease epidemic in the US
by Kelleher, C.C. & Lynch, J.W. & Daly, L. & Harper, S. & Fitz-simon, N. & Bimpeh, Y. & Daly, E. & Ulmer, H.
- 485-500 Community unemployment and immigrants' health in Montreal
by Zunzunegui, Maria-Victoria & Forster, Mathieu & Gauvin, Lise & Raynault, Marie-France & Douglas Willms, J.
- 501-511 Dwellings, crowding, and tuberculosis in Montreal
by Wanyeki, Ian & Olson, Sherry & Brassard, Paul & Menzies, Dick & Ross, Nancy & Behr, Marcel & Schwartzman, Kevin
- 512-524 The effect of medical experience on the economic evaluation of health policies. A discrete choice experiment
by Araña, Jorge E. & León, Carmelo J. & Quevedo, Jose L.
- 525-539 Impact of the timing, type and severity of disability on the subjective well-being of individuals with disabilities
by Uppal, Sharanjit
- 540-551 Loyalties in clinical research on drugs: The case of hormone replacement therapy
by Palmlund, Ingar
- 552-562 Physicians' difficulty with emergency department patients is related to patients' attachment style
by Maunder, Robert G. & Panzer, Annie & Viljoen, Margaretha & Owen, Johanna & Human, Schalk & Hunter, Jonathan J.
2006, Volume 63, Issue 1
- 1-20 What is the preimplantation embryo?
by Krones, Tanja & Schlüter, Elmar & Neuwohner, Elke & El Ansari, Susan & Wissner, Thomas & Richter, Gerd
- 21-31 Chance, choice and control: Lay debate on prenatal social sex selection
by Scully, Jackie Leach & Banks, Sarah & Shakespeare, Tom W.
- 32-42 The best experts: The narratives of those who have a genetic condition
by Petersen, Alan
- 43-53 Personal meanings in the construction of need for total knee replacement surgery
by Toye, Francine M. & Barlow, Julie & Wright, Chris & Lamb, Sarah E.
- 54-63 Sleep, health and the dynamics of biomedicine
by Moreira, Tiago
- 64-75 How social context impacts on women's fears of childbirth: A Western Australian example
by Fisher, Colleen & Hauck, Yvonne & Fenwick, Jenny
- 76-88 Out of the dissecting room: News media portrayal of human anatomy teaching and research
by Regan de Bere, Sam & Petersen, Alan
- 89-102 Are we expecting too much from print media? An analysis of newspaper coverage of the 2002 Canadian healthcare reform debate
by Collins, Patricia A. & Abelson, Julia & Pyman, Heather & Lavis, John N.
- 103-106 Influence of education and knowledge on perceptions and practices to control malaria in Southeast Nigeria
by Dike, Nkem & Onwujekwe, Obinna & Ojukwu, Juliana & Ikeme, Arthur & Uzochukwu, Benjamin & Shu, Elvis
- 107-117 Does prenatal care increase access to child immunization? Gender bias among children in India
by Choi, Jin Young & Lee, Sang-Hyop
- 118-122 Social support and self-rated health revisited:: Is there a gender difference in later life?
by Cheng, Sheung-Tak & Chan, Alfred C.M.
- 123-136 Changes in family financial circumstances and the physical health of married and recently divorced mothers
by Wickrama, K.A.S. & Lorenz, Frederick O. & Conger, Rand D. & Elder, Glen Jr & Todd Abraham, W. & Fang, Shu-Ann
- 137-150 Ethnic identity, resettlement stress and depressive affect among Southeast Asian refugees in Canada
by Beiser, Morton N.M.N. & Hou, Feng
- 151-164 Do religious/spiritual coping strategies affect illness adjustment in patients with cancer? A systematic review of the literature
by Thuné-Boyle, Ingela C. & Stygall, Jan A. & Keshtgar, Mohammed R. & Newman, Stanton P.
- 165-178 The health of nations in a global context: Trade, global stratification, and infant mortality rates
by Moore, Spencer & Teixeira, Ana C. & Shiell, Alan
- 179-188 From rhetoric to reality: Barriers faced by Health For All initiatives
by Berkeley, Dina & Springett, Jane
- 189-199 Regulatory objectivity and the generation and management of evidence in medicine
by Cambrosio, Alberto & Keating, Peter & Schlich, Thomas & Weisz, George
- 200-211 Centralized drug review processes: Are they fair?
by Mitton, Craig R. & McMahon, Meghan & Morgan, Steve & Gibson, Jennifer
- 212-224 Advocacy coalitions and pharmacy policy in Denmark--Solid cores with fuzzy edges
by Larsen, Jakob Bjerg & Vrangbæk, Karsten & Traulsen, Janine M.
- 225-238 The pervasiveness of pharmaceutical expenditure inertia in the OECD countries
by Okunade, Albert A. & Suraratdecha, Chutima
- 239-254 Association between gross domestic product throughout the life course and old-age mortality across birth cohorts: Parallel analyses of seven European countries, 1950-1999
by Janssen, Fanny & Kunst, Anton E. & Mackenbach, Johan P.
- 255-270 Social relations or social capital? Individual and community health effects of bonding social capital
by Poortinga, Wouter
- 271-283 Rethinking John Snow's South London study: A Bayesian evaluation and recalculation
by Koch, Thomas & Denike, Kenneth
2006, Volume 62, Issue 12
- 2917-2929 Physical violence by husbands: Magnitude, disclosure and help-seeking behavior of women in Bangladesh
by Naved, Ruchira Tabassum & Azim, Safia & Bhuiya, Abbas & Persson, Lars Åke
- 2930-2944 Challenges to the reproductive-health needs of African women: On religion and maternal health utilization in Ghana
by Gyimah, Stephen Obeng & Takyi, Baffour K. & Addai, Isaac
- 2945-2959 "I thought it was only ordinary fever!" cultural knowledge and the micropolitics of therapy seeking for childhood febrile illness in Tanzania
by Kamat, Vinay R.
- 2960-2972 Beyond paradigm: Making transcultural connections in a scientific translation of acupuncture
by Kim, Jongyoung
- 2973-2987 Variations in provider conceptions of integrative medicine
by Hsiao, An-Fu & Ryan, Gery W. & Hays, Ronald D. & Coulter, Ian D. & Andersen, Ronald M. & Wenger, Neil S.
- 2988-2997 Racializing narratives: Obesity, diabetes and the "Aboriginal" thrifty genotype
by Fee, Margery
- 2998-3010 The role of education in the uptake of preventative health care: The case of cervical screening in Britain
by Sabates, Ricardo & Feinstein, Leon
- 3011-3023 'It's only a blood test': What people know and think about venepuncture and blood
by Pfeffer, Naomi & Laws, Sophie
- 3024-3034 Age perceptions and physical activity among middle-aged men in three occupational groups
by Wandel, Margareta & Roos, Gun
- 3035-3047 Putting at risk what we know: Reflecting on the drug-using subject in harm reduction and its political implications
by Moore, David & Fraser, Suzanne
- 3048-3061 Time in the United States, social support and health behaviors during pregnancy among women of Mexican descent
by Harley, Kim & Eskenazi, Brenda
- 3062-3071 Alcohol outlets, gonorrhea, and the Los Angeles civil unrest: A longitudinal analysis
by Cohen, Deborah A. & Ghosh-Dastidar, Bonnie & Scribner, Richard & Miu, Angela & Scott, Molly & Robinson, Paul & Farley, Thomas A. & Bluthenthal, Ricky N. & Brown-Taylor, Didra
- 3072-3083 Perceptions of social capital and the built environment and mental health
by Araya, Ricardo & Dunstan, Frank & Playle, Rebecca & Thomas, Hollie & Palmer, Stephen & Lewis, Glyn
- 3084-3095 Public and private domains of religiosity and adolescent smoking transitions
by Nonnemaker, James & McNeely, Clea A & Blum, Robert Wm
- 3096-3108 Men's constructions of smoking in the context of women's tobacco reduction during pregnancy and postpartum
by Bottorff, Joan L. & Oliffe, John & Kalaw, Cecilia & Carey, Joanne & Mroz, Lawrence
- 3109-3120 Physical activity and depressive symptoms in cardiac rehabilitation: Long-term effects of a self-management intervention
by Scholz, Urte & Knoll, Nina & Sniehotta, Falko F. & Schwarzer, Ralf
- 3121-3132 Before and after the 1999 Chi-Chi earthquake: Traumatic events and depressive symptoms in an older population
by Seplaki, Christopher L. & Goldman, Noreen & Weinstein, Maxine & Lin, Yu-Hsuan
- 3133-3145 Meaning-making intervention during breast or colorectal cancer treatment improves self-esteem, optimism, and self-efficacy
by Lee, Virginia & Robin Cohen, S. & Edgar, Linda & Laizner, Andrea M. & Gagnon, Anita J.
- 3146-3156 Predicting physical activity intention and behaviour among children in a longitudinal sample
by Rhodes, Ryan E. & Macdonald, Heather M. & McKay, Heather A.
- 3157-3160 Where does the waiting list begin? A short review of the dynamics and organization of modern waiting lists
by Rotstein, Dalia L. & Alter, David A.
- 3161-3176 Exposure to indoor air pollution from household energy use in rural China: The interactions of technology, behavior, and knowledge in health risk management
by Jin, Yinlong & Ma, Xiao & Chen, Xining & Cheng, Yibin & Baris, Enis & Ezzati, Majid
- 3177-3185 Social health insurance in a developing country: The case of the Philippines
by Obermann, Konrad & Jowett, Matthew R. & Alcantara, Maria Ofelia O. & Banzon, Eduardo P. & Bodart, Claude
- 3186-3196 The geography of self-injury: Spatial patterns in attempted and completed suicide
by Hempstead, Katherine
2006, Volume 62, Issue 11
- 2613-2620 Introduction: Gift horse or Trojan horse? Social science perspectives on evidence-based health care
by Lambert, Helen & Gordon, Elisa J. & Bogdan-Lovis, Elizabeth A.
- 2621-2632 On evidence and evidence-based medicine: Lessons from the philosophy of science
by Goldenberg, Maya J.
- 2633-2645 Accounting for EBM: Notions of evidence in medicine
by Lambert, Helen
- 2646-2657 The role of evidence in alternative medicine: Contrasting biomedical and anthropological approaches
by Barry, Christine Ann
- 2658-2669 Of spineless babies and folic acid: Evidence and efficacy in biomedicine and ayurvedic medicine
by Naraindas, Harish
- 2670-2680 What evidence, whose evidence?: Physical therapy in New York State's clinical practice guideline and in the lives of mothers of disabled children
by Landsman, Gail H.
- 2681-2693 The contextual influence of professional culture: Certified nurse-midwives' knowledge of and reliance on evidence-based practice
by Bogdan-Lovis, Elizabeth A. & Sousa, Aron
- 2694-2706 The social and cultural shaping of medical evidence: Case studies from pharmaceutical research and obstetric science
by De Vries, Raymond & Lemmens, Trudo
- 2707-2719 The political contexts of evidence-based medicine: Policymaking for daily hemodialysis
by Gordon, Elisa Jill
- 2720-2731 Making the invisible body visible. Bone scans, osteoporosis and women's bodily experiences
by Reventlow, Susanne Dalsgaard & Hvas, Lotte & Malterud, Kirsti
- 2732-2741 The stratification of social capital and its consequences for self-rated health in Taganrog, Russia
by Rojas, Yerko & Carlson, Per
- 2742-2753 Why do women consent to surgery, even when they do not want to? An interactionist and Bourdieusian analysis
by Dixon-Woods, Mary & Williams, Simon J. & Jackson, Clare J. & Akkad, Andrea & Kenyon, Sara & Habiba, Marwan
- 2754-2767 The work to make telemedicine work: A social and articulative view
by Nicolini, Davide
- 2768-2773 Legal and ethico-legal issues in e-healthcare research projects in the UK
by McCubbin, Caroline N.
- 2774-2785 Healing traditions and men's sexual health in Mumbai, India: The realities of practiced medicine in urban poor communities
by Schensul, Stephen L. & Mekki-Berrada, Abdelwahed & Nastasi, Bonnie & Saggurti, Niranjan & Verma, Ravi K.
- 2786-2797 Systems of medicine and nationalist discourse in India: Towards "new horizons" in medical anthropology and history
by Khan, Shamshad
- 2798-2809 Barriers to and attitudes towards promoting husbands' involvement in maternal health in Katmandu, Nepal
by Mullany, Britta C.
- 2810-2825 Culturally compelling strategies for behaviour change: A social ecology model and case study in malaria prevention
by Panter-Brick, Catherine & Clarke, Sian E. & Lomas, Heather & Pinder, Margaret & Lindsay, Steve W.
- 2826-2837 The timing of marriage and childbearing among rural families in Bangladesh: Choosing between competing risks
by Schuler, Sidney Ruth & Bates, Lisa M. & Islam, Farzana & Islam, Md. Khairul
- 2838-2847 An international study of irritable bowel syndrome: Family relationships and mind-body attributions
by Gerson, Mary-Joan & Gerson, Charles D. & Awad, Richard A. & Dancey, Christine & Poitras, Pierre & Porcelli, Piero & Sperber, Ami D.
- 2848-2860 Gender differences in religious practices, spiritual experiences and health: Results from the US General Social Survey
by Maselko, Joanna & Kubzansky, Laura D.
- 2861-2873 Sharing decisions in consultations involving anti-psychotic medication: A qualitative study of psychiatrists' experiences
by Seale, Clive & Chaplin, Robert & Lelliott, Paul & Quirk, Alan
- 2874-2886 The relationship between media reporting of suicide and actual suicide in Australia
by Pirkis, Jane E. & Burgess, Philip M. & Francis, Catherine & Blood, R. Warwick & Jolley, Damien J.
- 2887-2896 Recent life events and suicide: A case-control study in Tallinn and Frankfurt
by Kõlves, Kairi & Värnik, Airi & Schneider, Barbara & Fritze, Jürgen & Allik, Jüri
- 2897-2914 Health disparities between racial groups in South Africa: A decomposition analysis
by Charasse-Pouélé, Cécile & Fournier, Martin
2006, Volume 62, Issue 10
- 2349-2359 (Re)constructing embryos in stem cell research: Exploring the meaning of embryos for people involved in fertility treatments
by Parry, Sarah
- 2360-2372 On being at higher risk: A qualitative study of prenatal screening for chromosomal anomalies
by Heyman, Bob & Hundt, Gillian & Sandall, Jane & Spencer, Kevin & Williams, Clare & Grellier, Rachel & Pitson, Laura
- 2373-2385 Understanding the new human genetics: A review of scientific editorials
by Miller, Fiona Alice & Ahern, Catherine & Smith, Christopher A. & Harvey, Erin A.
- 2386-2396 The search for social validation and the sexual behavior of people living with HIV in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: Understanding the role of treatment optimism in context
by Kerrigan, Deanna & Bastos, Francisco I. & Malta, Monica & Carneiro-da-Cunha, Claudia & Pilotto, J.H. & Strathdee, Steffanie A.
- 2397-2410 Psychosocial problems of bereaved families of HIV-infected hemophiliacs in Japan
by Mizota, Yuri & Ozawa, Megumi & Yamazaki, Yoshihiko & Inoue, Yoji
- 2411-2419 Men's involvement in the South African family: Engendering change in the AIDS era
by Montgomery, Catherine M. & Hosegood, Victoria & Busza, Joanna & Timæus, Ian M.
- 2420-2433 Vulnerability, unsafe sex and non-adherence to HAART: Evidence from a large sample of French HIV/AIDS outpatients
by Peretti-Watel, P. & Spire, B. & Schiltz, M.A. & Bouhnik, A.D. & Heard, I. & Lert, F. & Obadia, Y.
- 2434-2444 Female sex workers as health educators with men who buy sex: Utilising narratives of rationalisations
by Sanders, Teela
- 2445-2457 Internet marketing of bariatric surgery: Contemporary trends in the medicalization of obesity
by Salant, Talya & Santry, Heena P.
- 2458-2468 Obesity, weight loss, and physician's advice
by Loureiro, Maria L. & Nayga, Rodolfo Jr
- 2469-2478 The burden of disease associated with being African-American in the United States and the contribution of socio-economic status
by Franks, Peter & Muennig, Peter & Lubetkin, Erica & Jia, Haomiao
- 2479-2488 Race, socioeconomic status, and the perceived importance of positive self-presentation in health care
by Malat, Jennifer R. & van Ryn, Michelle & Purcell, David
- 2489-2499 Does socio-economic advantage lead to a longer, healthier old age?
by Matthews, Ruth J. & Jagger, Carol & Hancock, Ruth M.
- 2500-2512 Death, depression and 'defensive expansion': Closing down smoking as an issue for discussion in GP consultations
by Pilnick, Alison & Coleman, Tim
- 2513-2525 Could the peer group explain school differences in pupil smoking rates? An exploratory study
by Turner, Katrina & West, Patrick & Gordon, Jacki & Young, Robert & Sweeting, Helen
- 2526-2539 Teenage children of teenage mothers: Psychological, behavioural and health outcomes from an Australian prospective longitudinal study
by Shaw, Mary & Lawlor, Debbie A. & Najman, Jake M.
- 2540-2550 Recasting research into children's experiences of parental mental illness: Beyond risk and resilience
by Gladstone, Brenda McConnell & Boydell, Katherine M. & McKeever, Patricia
- 2551-2564 Non-attendance and effective equity of access at four public specialist outpatient centers in Hong Kong
by Johnston, Janice M. & Leung, Gabriel & Saing, Hnin & Kwok, Kin-On & Ho, Lai-Ming & Wong, Irene O.L. & Tin, Keith Y.K.
- 2565-2576 What do cancer support groups provide which other supportive relationships do not? The experience of peer support groups for people with cancer
by Ussher, Jane & Kirsten, Laura & Butow, Phyllis & Sandoval, Mirjana
- 2577-2590 Gender, cancer experience and internet use: A comparative keyword analysis of interviews and online cancer support groups
by Seale, Clive & Ziebland, Sue & Charteris-Black, Jonathan
- 2591-2600 Cancer in the mass print media: Fear, uncertainty and the medical model
by Clarke, Juanne N. & Everest, Michelle M.
- 2601-2611 Negotiation over self-control and activity: An analysis of balancing in the repertoires of Finnish healthy lifestyles
by Pajari, Pia M. & Jallinoja, Piia & Absetz, Pilvikki
2006, Volume 62, Issue 9
- 2091-2100 Incremental cost-effectiveness ratios (ICERs): The silence of the lambda
by Gafni, Amiram & Birch, Stephen
- 2101-2111 Price elasticity of demand for malt liquor beer: Findings from a US pilot study
by French, Michael Thomas & BrownTaylor, Didra & Bluthenthal, Ricky Neville
- 2112-2124 Does chain affiliation make a difference in efficiency of dialysis providers in the USA
by Ozgen, Hacer
- 2125-2136 Being around and knowing the players: Networks of influence in health policy
by Lewis, Jenny M.
- 2137-2150 The effects of economic instability on infant, neonatal, and postneonatal mortality rates: Evidence from Taiwan
by Lin, Shin-Jong
- 2151-2160 Social class assignment and mortality in Sweden
by Erikson, Robert
- 2161-2170 Socioeconomic status and health: Do gradients differ within childhood and adolescence?
by Chen, Edith & Martin, Andrew D. & Matthews, Karen A.
- 2171-2182 The wealthy get healthy, the poor get poorly? Lay perceptions of health inequalities
by Davidson, Rosemary & Kitzinger, Jenny & Hunt, Kate
- 2183-2195 Sickness absence and sickness attendance--What people with neck or back pain think
by Hansson, Margareta & Boström, Carina & Harms-Ringdahl, Karin
- 2196-2204 Challenges for the adoption of evidence-based maternity care in Turkey
by Turan, Janet Molzan & Bulut, Aysen & Nalbant, Hacer & OrtaylI, Nuriye & Erbaydar, Tugrul
- 2205-2215 Maternity referral systems in developing countries: Current knowledge and future research needs
by Murray, Susan F. & Pearson, Stephen C.
- 2216-2224 Quality of care and its impact on population health: A cross-sectional study from Macedonia
by Peabody, John W. & Nordyke, Robert J. & Tozija, Fimka & Luck, Jeff & Muñoz, Jorge A. & Sunderland, Anne & DeSalvo, Karen & Ponce, Ninez & McCulloch, Charles
- 2225-2235 The performance of health workers in Ethiopia: Results from qualitative research
by Lindelow, Magnus & Serneels, Pieter
- 2236-2245 Quest, chaos and restitution: Living with chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis
by Whitehead, Lisa Claire
- 2246-2257 Men's accounts of depression: Reconstructing or resisting hegemonic masculinity?
by Emslie, Carol & Ridge, Damien & Ziebland, Sue & Hunt, Kate
- 2258-2266 Conversational silence, coercion, equality: The role of language in influencing who gets identified as abused
by Bonomi, Amy E. & Allen, David G. & Holt, Victoria L.
- 2267-2278 Doctor-patient interaction in a randomised controlled trial of decision-support tools
by Rapley, Tim & May, Carl & Heaven, Ben & Murtagh, Madeline & Graham, Ruth & Kaner, Eileen F.S. & Thomson, Richard
- 2279-2290 "It was a snap decision": Parental and professional perspectives on the speed of decisions about participation in perinatal randomised controlled trials
by Snowdon, Claire & Elbourne, Diana & Garcia, Jo
- 2291-2300 The nature and correlates of unmet health care needs in Ontario, Canada
by Nelson, Connie Holmes & Park, Jungwee
- 2301-2312 Living in the shadow of terrorism: Psychological distress and alcohol use among religious and non-religious adolescents in Jerusalem
by Schiff, Miriam
- 2313-2326 Husbands' and wives' reports of women's decision-making power in Western Guatemala and their effects on preventive health behaviors
by Becker, Stan & Fonseca-Becker, Fannie & Schenck-Yglesias, Catherine
- 2327-2335 Health, wealth and fairness based on gender: The support for ethical principles
by Månsdotter, Anna & Lindholm, Lars & Lundberg, Michael
- 2336-2348 Physiotherapy and the shadow of prostitution: The Society of Trained Masseuses and the massage scandals of 1894
by Nicholls, David A. & Cheek, Julianne
2006, Volume 62, Issue 8
- 1831-1839 Associations of childhood circumstances with physical and mental functioning in adulthood
by Mäkinen, Tomi & Laaksonen, Mikko & Lahelma, Eero & Rahkonen, Ossi
- 1840-1852 Team leadership and patient outcomes in US psychiatric treatment settings
by Wells, Rebecca & Jinnett, Kimberly & Alexander, Jeffrey & Lichtenstein, Richard & Liu, Dawei & Zazzali, James L.
- 1853-1864 Mental and social health in disasters: Relating qualitative social science research and the Sphere standard
by Batniji, Rajaie & Van Ommeren, Mark & Saraceno, Benedetto
- 1865-1879 Variation in children's cognitive and behavioural adjustment between different types of place in the British National Child Development Study
by McCulloch, Andrew
- 1880-1890 Genetic susceptibility testing from a stress and coping perspective
by Gooding, Holly C. & Organista, Kurt & Burack, Jeffrey & Biesecker, Barbara Bowles
- 1891-1901 Developing attributes for a generic quality of life measure for older people: Preferences or capabilities?
by Grewal, Ini & Lewis, Jane & Flynn, Terry & Brown, Jackie & Bond, John & Coast, Joanna
- 1902-1916 "Does it mean I'm gonna die?": On meaning assessment in the delivery of diagnostic news
by Maynard, Douglas W.
- 1917-1930 Responsive complementary feeding in rural Bangladesh
by Moore, Anna C & Akhter, Sadika & Aboud, Frances E
- 1931-1942 Our health and theirs: Forced migration, othering, and public health
by Grove, Natalie J. & Zwi, Anthony B.
- 1943-1957 Do individual and program factors matter in the utilization of maternal care services in rural India? A theoretical approach
by Sunil, T.S. & Rajaram, S. & Zottarelli, Lisa K.
- 1958-1969 Kaqchikel midwives, home births, and emergency obstetric referrals in Guatemala: Contextualizing the choice to stay at home
by Berry, Nicole S.
- 1970-1977 The male heart and the female mind: A study in the gendering of antidepressants and cardiovascular drugs in advertisements in Irish medical publication
by Curry, Phillip & O'Brien, Marita
- 1978-1990 "...it's all the same no matter how much fruit or vegetables or fresh air we get": Traveller women's perceptions of illness causation and health inequalities
by Hodgins, Margaret & Millar, Michelle & M Barry, Margaret
- 1991-2001 Never-married childless women in Australia: Health and social circumstances in older age
by Cwikel, Julie & Gramotnev, Helen & Lee, Christina
- 2002-2013 Violence against women and suicide risk: The neglected impact of same-sex sexual behaviour
by Lhomond, Brigitte & Saurel-Cubizolles, Marie-Josèphe
- 2014-2023 Effects of husbands' and wives' education on each other's mortality
by Jaffe, Dena H. & Eisenbach, Zvi & Neumark, Yehuda D. & Manor, Orly
- 2024-2034 Shifting dollars, saving lives: What might happen to mortality rates, and socio-economic inequalities in mortality rates, if income was redistributed?
by Blakely, Tony & Wilson, Nick
- 2035-2045 Socioeconomic inequalities in premature mortality in France: Have they widened in recent decades?
by Leclerc, Annette & Chastang, Jean-François & Menvielle, Gwenn & Luce, Danièle
- 2046-2060 A comparative appraisal of the relationship of education, income and housing tenure with less than good health among the elderly in Europe
by Dalstra, J.A.A. & Kunst, A.E. & Mackenbach, J.P.
- 2061-2071 Neighborhood violent crime and unemployment increase the risk of coronary heart disease: A multilevel study in an urban setting
by Sundquist, Kristina & Theobald, Holger & Yang, Min & Li, Xinjun & Johansson, Sven-Erik & Sundquist, Jan
- 2072-2078 Why do case studies on national health research systems matter? Identifying common challenges in low- and middle-income countries
by D'Souza, Carol & Sadana, Ritu
- 2079-2090 Health care practices, professions and perspectives: A case study in intensive care
by Carmel, Simon
2006, Volume 62, Issue 7
- 1565-1578 New drug prescribing by hospital doctors: The nature and meaning of knowledge
by Prosser, Helen & Walley, Tom
- 1579-1593 Dilemmas in decision-making about resuscitation--a focus group study of older people
by Vandrevala, Tushna & Hampson, Sarah E. & Daly, Tom & Arber, Sara & Thomas, Hilary
- 1594-1604 Exploring limits to market-based reform: Managed competition and rehabilitation home care services in Ontario
by Randall, Glen E. & Williams, A. Paul
- 1605-1615 Turning the medical gaze in upon itself: Root cause analysis and the investigation of clinical error
by Iedema, Roderick Aren Michael & Jorm, Christine & Long, Debbi & Braithwaite, Jeffrey & Travaglia, Jo & Westbrook, Mary
- 1616-1627 At home in hospital? Interaction and stigma in people affected by cancer
by Wilson, Kate & Luker, Karen A
- 1628-1640 Supportive social relationships and adolescent health risk behavior among secondary school students in El Salvador
by Springer, Andrew & Parcel, Guy & Baumler, Elizabeth & Ross, Michael
- 1641-1649 Associations of poverty, substance use, and HIV transmission risk behaviors in three South African communities
by Kalichman, Seth C. & Simbayi, Leickness C. & Kagee, Ashraf & Toefy, Yoesrie & Jooste, Sean & Cain, Demetria & Cherry, Chauncey