Social Science & Medicine
2005, Volume 61, Issue 7
- 1560-1566 Discrepancy in the preferences of place of death between terminally ill cancer patients and their primary family caregivers in Taiwan
by Tang, Siew Tzuh & Liu, Tsang-Wu & Lai, Mei-Shu & McCorkle, Ruth
- 1567-1575 Socioeconomic factors associated with the onset of disability in older age: a longitudinal study of people aged 75 years and over
by Matthews, Ruth J. & Smith, Lucy K. & Hancock, Ruth M. & Jagger, Carol & Spiers, Nicola A.
- 1576-1596 Experiences of discrimination: Validity and reliability of a self-report measure for population health research on racism and health
by Krieger, Nancy & Smith, Kevin & Naishadham, Deepa & Hartman, Cathy & Barbeau, Elizabeth M.
- 1597-1607 Estimation of private and social time preferences for health in northern Tanzania
by Robberstad, Bjarne
- 1608-1617 Determinants of the demand for breast cancer screening among women veterans in the United States
by Lairson, David R. & Chan, Wenyaw & Newmark, Georgina R.
- 1618-1625 Relationship of anxiety, depression and alcohol use disorders to persistent high utilization and potentially problematic under-utilization of primary medical care
by Ford, Julian D. & Trestman, Robert L. & Tennen, Howard & Allen, Scott
2005, Volume 61, Issue 6
- 1119-1134 Effect of specific aspects of community social environment on the mortality of Individuals diagnosed with serious illness
by Wen, Ming & Cagney, Kathleen A. & Christakis, Nicholas A.
- 1135-1150 Neighborhood economic conditions, social processes, and self-rated health in low-income neighborhoods in Texas: A multilevel latent variables model
by Franzini, Luisa & Caughy, Margaret & Spears, William & Eugenia Fernandez Esquer, Maria
- 1151-1158 Social capital and substance use among Swedish adolescents--an explorative study
by Lundborg, Petter
- 1159-1173 The pet connection: Pets as a conduit for social capital?
by Wood, Lisa & Giles-Corti, Billie & Bulsara, Max
- 1174-1188 Individual socio-economic status, community socio-economic status and stroke in New Zealand: A case control study
by Brown, Paul & Guy, Melody & Broad, Joanna
- 1189-1200 "This glorious twilight zone of uncertainty": Mental health consultations in general practice in New Zealand
by Dew, Kevin & Dowell, Anthony & McLeod, Deborah & Collings, Sunny & Bushnell, John
- 1201-1210 'At the point at which you can do something about it, then it becomes more relevant': Informed consent in the pharmacogenetic clinic
by Hedgecoe, Adam
- 1211-1222 Views of US researchers about informed consent in international collaborative research
by Dawson, Liza & Kass, Nancy E.
- 1223-1242 The effect of immigrant generation on smoking
by Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores & Pan, Jocelyn & Jun, Hee-Jin & Osypuk, Theresa L. & Emmons, Karen M.
- 1243-1255 Do healthy behaviors decline with greater acculturation?: Implications for the Latino mortality paradox
by Abraído-Lanza, Ana F. & Chao, Maria T. & Flórez, Karen R.
- 1256-1266 Self-reported health as a cultural health determinant in Arab and Jewish Israelis: MABAT--National Health and Nutrition Survey 1999-2001
by Baron-Epel, Orna & Kaplan, Giora & Haviv-Messika, Amalia & Tarabeia, Jalal & Green, Manfred S. & Nitzan Kaluski, Dorit
- 1267-1277 Combat stress reactions, posttraumatic stress disorder, cumulative life stress, and physical health among Israeli veterans twenty years after exposure to combat
by Benyamini, Yael & Solomon, Zahava
- 1278-1290 Sexuality after breast cancer treatment: Changes and coping strategies among Japanese survivors
by Takahashi, Miyako & Kai, Ichiro
- 1291-1299 Decision-makers and the usefulness of research evidence in policy implementation--a case study from Lao PDR
by Tomson, G. & Paphassarang, C. & Jönsson, K. & Houamboun, K. & Akkhavong, K. & Wahlström, R.
- 1300-1309 Resemblance talk: A challenge for parents whose children were conceived with donor gametes in the US
by Becker, Gay & Butler, Anneliese & Nachtigall, Robert D.
- 1310-1319 The work of forgetting: Germs, aborigines and postcolonial expertise in the Northern Territory of Australia
by Lea, Tess
- 1320-1330 Failure to seek needed medical care: Results from a national health survey of Icelanders
by Vilhjalmsson, Runar
- 1331-1341 Utility-driven evidence for healthy cities: Problems with evidence generation and application
by de Leeuw, Evelyne & Skovgaard, Thomas
- 1342-1355 Economic valuation of informal care: The conjoint measurement method applied to informal caregiving
by van den Berg, Bernard & Al, Maiwenn & Brouwer, Werner & van Exel, Job & Koopmanschap, Marc
- 1356-1368 Understanding the relationship of maternal health behavior change and intervention strategies in a Nicaraguan NGO network
by Valadez, Joseph J. & Hage, Jerald & Vargas, William
- 1369-1380 The moral career of poor patients in free clinics
by Parizot, Isabelle & Chauvin, Pierre & Paugam, Serge
2005, Volume 61, Issue 5
- 881-892 A comparative analysis of drug safety withdrawals in the UK and the US (1971-1992): Implications for current regulatory thinking and policy
by Abraham, John & Davis, Courtney
- 893-906 Global trade, public health, and health services: Stakeholders' constructions of the key issues
by Waitzkin, Howard & Jasso-Aguilar, Rebeca & Landwehr, Angela & Mountain, Carolyn
- 907-919 Income inequality and adult nutritional status: Anthropometric evidence from a pre-industrial society in the Bolivian Amazon
by Godoy, Ricardo & Byron, Elizabeth & Reyes-García, Victoria & Vadez, Vincent & Leonard, William R. & Apaza, Lilian & Huanca, Tomás & Pérez, Eddy & Wilkie, David
- 920-930 Selfhood and social distance: Toward a cultural understanding of psychiatric stigma in Egypt
by Coker, Elizabeth M.
- 931-942 Socio-cultural factors influencing prevention and treatment of tuberculosis in immigrant and Aboriginal communities in Canada
by Gibson, N. & Cave, A. & Doering, D. & Ortiz, L. & Harms, P.
- 943-964 Social capital and mental health: An interdisciplinary review of primary evidence
by Almedom, Astier M.
- 965-975 Neighborhood disorder, psychological distress, and heavy drinking
by Hill, Terrence D. & Angel, Ronald J.
- 976-984 Obtaining sensitive information from a wary population: A comparison of telephone and face-to-face surveys of welfare recipients in the United States
by Pridemore, William Alex & Damphousse, Kelly R. & Moore, Rebecca K.
- 985-988 Third-party informed consent in research with adolescents: The good, the bad and the ugly
by Geluda, Katia & Buarque Bisaglia, Joana & Moreira, Vivian & Motta Maldonado, Beatriz & JLA Cunha, Antônio & Trajman, Anete
- 989-1000 Moving beyond the mother-child dyad: Women's education, child immunization, and the importance of context in rural India
by Parashar, Sangeeta
- 1001-1014 Pregnancy outcomes, site of delivery, and community schisms in regions affected by the armed conflict in Chiapas, Mexico
by Brentlinger, Paula E. & Javier Sánchez-Pérez, Héctor & Arana Cedeño, Marcos & Guadalupe Vargas Morales, Lic. & Hernán, Miguel A. & Micek, Mark A. & Ford, Douglas
- 1015-1025 Physician-patient communication following invasive procedures: an analysis of post-angiogram consultations
by Gordon, Howard S. & Street, Richard Jr. & Adam Kelly, P. & Souchek, Julianne & Wray, Nelda P.
- 1026-1044 The social structural production of HIV risk among injecting drug users
by Rhodes, Tim & Singer, Merrill & Bourgois, Philippe & Friedman, Samuel R. & Strathdee, Steffanie A.
- 1045-1058 Decolonization and the movement for institutionalization of Chinese medicine in Hong Kong: a political process perspective
by Chiu, Stephen W.K. & Ko, Lisanne S.F. & Lee, Rance P.L.
- 1059-1071 Family, kinship, memory and temporality in the age of the new genetics
by Finkler, Kaja
- 1072-1082 Mothers, daughters and sexual agency in one low-income South African community
by Lesch, Elmien & Kruger, Lou-Marie
- 1083-1094 Expectations regarding length and health related quality of life: Some empirical findings
by Brouwer, Werner B.F. & van Exel, N. Job A.
- 1095-1105 Men, sport, spinal cord injury, and narratives of hope
by Smith, Brett & Sparkes, Andrew C.
- 1106-1117 'That's like chopping off a finger because you're afraid it might get broken': Disease and illness in women's views of prophylactic mastectomy
by Press, Nancy & Reynolds, Susan & Pinsky, Linda & Murthy, Vinaya & Leo, Michael & Burke, Wylie
2005, Volume 61, Issue 4
- 745-750 The social production of health: Critical contributions from evolutionary, biological, and cultural anthropology
by Levin, Betty Wolder & Browner, C.H.
- 751-753 The value of a critical ethnographic engagement: comments on the social production of health
by Lindenbaum, Shirley
- 755-765 Evolutionary, historical and political economic perspectives on health and disease
by Armelagos, George J. & Brown, Peter J. & Turner, Bethany
- 767-783 When "health" is not enough: societal, individual and biomedical assessments of well-being among the Matsigenka of the Peruvian Amazon
by Izquierdo, Carolina
- 785-795 Vital warmth and well-being: steambathing as household therapy among the Tzeltal and Tzotzil Maya of highland Chiapas, Mexico
by Groark, Kevin P.
- 797-808 "What's wrong with me?": cervical cancer in Venezuela--living in the borderlands of health, disease, and illness
by Martínez, Rebecca G.
- 809-820 The call to life: revitalizing a healthy Hawaiian identity
by McMullin, Juliet
- 821-831 Desperately seeking "normal": the promise and perils of living with kidney transplantation
by Crowley-Matoka, Megan
- 833-846 Coca-colonization of diets in the Yucatan
by Leatherman, Thomas L. & Goodman, Alan
- 847-859 Limited good and limited vision: multidrug-resistant tuberculosis and global health policy
by Yong Kim, Jim & Shakow, Aaron & Mate, Kedar & Vanderwarker, Chris & Gupta, Rajesh & Farmer, Paul
- 861-878 Receding horizons of health: biocultural approaches to public health paradoxes
by Worthman, Carol M. & Kohrt, Brandon
2005, Volume 61, Issue 3
- 503-516 'It's caveman stuff, but that is to a certain extent how guys still operate': men's accounts of masculinity and help seeking
by O'Brien, Rosaleen & Hunt, Kate & Hart, Graham
- 517-526 Smoking behaviour change among fathers of new infants
by Blackburn, Clare & Bonas, Sheila & Spencer, Nick & Dolan, Alan & Coe, Christine & Moy, Robert
- 527-540 Cultural consonance and arterial blood pressure in urban Brazil
by Dressler, William W. & Balieiro, Mauro C. & Ribeiro, Rosane P. & Ernesto Dos Santos, José
- 541-554 The impact of health care providers on female sterilization among HIV-positive women in Brazil
by Hopkins, Kristine & Maria Barbosa, Regina & Riva Knauth, Daniela & Potter, Joseph E.
- 555-564 Psychological distress among AIDS orphans in rural Uganda
by Atwine, Benjamin & Cantor-Graae, Elizabeth & Bajunirwe, Francis
- 565-576 Adherence, stereotyping and unequal HIV treatment for active users of illegal drugs
by Ware, Norma C. & Wyatt, Monique A. & Tugenberg, Toni
- 577-590 The ecology of health care in Hong Kong
by Leung, Gabriel M. & O.L. Wong, Irene & Chan, Wai-Sum & Choi, Sarah & Lo, Su-Vui
- 591-599 Exposure to suicide and suicidal behaviors among Hong Kong adolescents
by Wong, Joy P.S. & Stewart, Sunita M. & Ho, S.Y. & Rao, Uma & Lam, T.H.
- 601-611 Longitudinal study of child immunization determinants in China
by Xie, Jipan & Dow, William H.
- 613-625 Measuring the quality of child health care at first-level facilities
by Gouws, Eleanor & Bryce, Jennifer & Pariyo, George & Armstrong Schellenberg, Joanna & Amaral, João & Habicht, Jean-Pierre
- 627-635 Comparison or consumption? Distinguishing between different effects of income on health in Nordic welfare states
by Yngwe, Monica Åberg & Fritzell, Johan & Burström, Bo & Lundberg, Olle
- 637-647 Health inequalities by wage income in Sweden: The role of work environment
by Hemström, Örjan
- 649-659 Tobacco taxation and public health: ethical problems, policy responses
by Wilson, Nick & Thomson, George
- 661-671 Coding patient-centred behaviour in the medical encounter
by Zandbelt, Linda C. & Smets, Ellen M.A. & Oort, Frans J. & de Haes, Hanneke C.J.M.
- 673-684 The impact of a police drug crackdown on drug injectors' ability to practice harm reduction: A qualitative study
by Cooper, Hannah & Moore, Lisa & Gruskin, Sofia & Krieger, Nancy
- 685-695 Patient preferences in randomised controlled trials: Conceptual framework and implications for research
by Bower, Peter & King, Michael & Nazareth, Irwin & Lampe, Fiona & Sibbald, Bonnie
- 697-708 Carer distress: A prospective, population-based study
by Hirst, Michael
- 709-719 'MMR talk' and vaccination choices: An ethnographic study in Brighton
by Poltorak, Mike & Leach, Melissa & Fairhead, James & Cassell, Jackie
- 721-730 Structural violence and schizophrenia
by Kelly, Brendan D.
- 731-740 Forecasting science futures: Legitimising hope and calming fears in the embryo stem cell debate
by Kitzinger, Jenny & Williams, Clare
2005, Volume 61, Issue 2
- 253-262 Continuity through change: The rhetoric and reality of health reform in New Zealand
by Ashton, Toni & Mays, Nicholas & Devlin, Nancy
- 263-266 Developing a scale for measuring professional equity among Canadian physicians
by Dobson, Roy Thomas & Lepnurm, Rein & Struening, Elmer
- 267-277 The impact of considering adaptation in health state valuation
by Damschroder, Laura J. & Zikmund-Fisher, Brian J. & Ubel, Peter A.
- 279-291 Maternal and child health and family planning service utilization in Guatemala: implications for service integration
by Seiber, Eric E. & Hotchkiss, David R. & Rous, Jeffrey J. & Berruti, Andrés A.
- 293-303 Smoking behavior in persons with a schizophrenia-spectrum disorder: a qualitative investigation of the transtheoretical model
by Esterberg, Michelle L. & Compton, Michael T.
- 305-311 Effects of patients with bipolar, schizophrenic, and major depressive disorders on the mental and other healthcare expenses of family members
by Gianfrancesco, Frank D. & Wang, Ruey-hua & Yu, Elaine
- 313-322 Family burden in long-term diseases: a comparative study in schizophrenia vs. physical disorders
by Magliano, Lorenza & Fiorillo, Andrea & De Rosa, Corrado & Malangone, Claudio & Maj, Mario
- 323-332 "Like roulette": Australian women's explanations of gynecological cancers
by Manderson, Lenore & Markovic, Milica & Quinn, Michael
- 333-341 Medical disorders of suicides in Australia: analysis using a multiple-cause-of-death approach
by Ruzicka, Lado T. & Choi, Ching Y. & Sadkowsky, Krys
- 343-364 Women's experience of intimate partner violence in Haiti
by Gage, Anastasia J.
- 365-377 Does pregnancy provide immunity from intimate partner abuse among Hong Kong Chinese women?
by Lau, Ying
- 379-391 What does skin color have to do with infant health? An analysis of low birth weight among mainland and island Puerto Ricans
by Landale, Nancy S. & Oropesa, R.S.
- 393-403 Visualising abortion: emotion discourse and fetal imagery in a contemporary abortion debate
by Hopkins, Nick & Zeedyk, Suzanne & Raitt, Fiona
- 405-415 Boundary breaches: the body, sex and sexuality after stoma surgery
by Manderson, Lenore
- 417-430 Storylines of research in diffusion of innovation: a meta-narrative approach to systematic review
by Greenhalgh, Trisha & Robert, Glenn & Macfarlane, Fraser & Bate, Paul & Kyriakidou, Olympia & Peacock, Richard
- 431-441 Managing constraint: the experience of people with chronic pain
by Miles, A. & Curran, H.V. & Pearce, S. & Allan, L.
- 443-454 'Even if they ask you to stand by a tree all day, you will have to do it (laughter)...!': Community voices on the notion and practice of informed consent for biomedical research in developing countries
by Molyneux, C.S. & Wassenaar, D.R. & Peshu, N. & Marsh, K.
- 455-463 Inequities in healthcare seeking in the treatment of communicable endemic diseases in Southeast Nigeria
by Onwujekwe, Obinna
- 465-479 From a relationship to encounter: an examination of longitudinal and lateral dimensions in the doctor-patient relationship
by Potter, Sharyn J. & McKinlay, John B.
- 481-493 The structure of patients' presenting concerns: the completion relevance of current symptoms
by Robinson, Jeffrey D. & Heritage, John
- 495-502 Is what I have just a cold or is it dengue? Addressing the gap between the politics of dengue control and daily life in Villavicencio-Colombia
by Roberto Suarez, M. & Maria Fernanda Olarte, S. & Ana, M.F.A. & Catalina González, U.
2005, Volume 61, Issue 1
- 1-14 Does work really cause distress? The contribution of occupational structure and work organization to the experience of psychological distress
by Marchand, Alain & Demers, Andrée & Durand, Pierre
- 15-25 Dealing with it: Black Caribbean women's response to adversity and psychological distress associated with pregnancy, childbirth, and early motherhood
by Edge, Dawn & Rogers, Anne
- 27-39 Job strain, iso-strain, and the incidence of low back and neck injuries. A 7.5-year prospective study of San Francisco transit operators
by Rugulies, Reiner & Krause, Niklas
- 41-52 Job insecurity and its association with health among employees in the Taiwanese general population
by Cheng, Yawen & Chen, Chun-Wan & Chen, Chiou-Jong & Chiang, Tung-liang
- 53-63 Ethnic variation in health and the determinants of health among Latinos
by Zsembik, Barbara A. & Fennell, Dana
- 65-75 Primary care, race, and mortality in US states
by Shi, Leiyu & Macinko, James & Starfield, Barbara & Politzer, Robert & Xu, Jiahong
- 77-82 Arab immigrants: a new case for ethnicity and health?
by Read, Jen'nan Ghazal & Amick, Benjamin & Donato, Katharine M.
- 83-96 Income inequality and weight status in US metropolitan areas
by Chang, Virginia W. & Christakis, Nicholas A.
- 97-109 Access, utilization, quality, and effective coverage: An integrated conceptual framework and measurement strategy
by Shengelia, Bakhuti & Tandon, Ajay & Adams, Orvill B. & Murray, Christopher J.L.
- 111-122 Psychosocial work characteristics and incidence of newly diagnosed depression: a prospective cohort study of three different models
by Ylipaavalniemi, Jaana & Kivimäki, Mika & Elovainio, Marko & Virtanen, Marianna & Keltikangas-Järvinen, Liisa & Vahtera, Jussi
- 123-132 The role of psychosocial factors in explaining socio-economic differences in mobility decline in a chronically ill population: results from the GLOBE study
by Koster, Annemarie & Bosma, Hans & van Lenthe, Frank J. & Kempen, Gertrudis I.J.M. & Mackenbach, Johan P. & van Eijk, Jacques Th.M.
- 133-155 Resisting medicines: a synthesis of qualitative studies of medicine taking
by Pound, Pandora & Britten, Nicky & Morgan, Myfanwy & Yardley, Lucy & Pope, Catherine & Daker-White, Gavin & Campbell, Rona
- 157-170 Conceptualizing mainstream health care providers' behaviours in relation to complementary and alternative medicine
by Hirschkorn, K.A. & Bourgeault, I.L.
- 171-183 HIV and intimate partner violence among methadone-maintained women in New York City
by El-Bassel, Nabila & Gilbert, Louisa & Wu, Elwin & Go, Hyun & Hill, Jennifer
- 185-198 Social capital and young adolescents' perceived health in different sociocultural settings
by Drukker, Marjan & Buka, Stephen L. & Kaplan, Charles & McKenzie, Kwame & Van Os, Jim
- 199-210 The importance of eating rice: changing food habits among pregnant Indonesian women during the economic crisis
by Hartini, T. Ninuk S. & Padmawati, R. Siwi & Lindholm, Lars & Surjono, Achmad & Winkvist, Anna
- 211-216 The contribution of lone parenthood and economic difficulties to smoking
by Rahkonen, Ossi & Laaksonen, Mikko & Karvonen, Sakari
- 217-228 Fertility history and health in later life: a record linkage study in England and Wales
by Grundy, Emily & Tomassini, Cecilia
- 229-243 Where there is no state: household strategies for the management of illness in Chad
by Leonard, Lori
- 245-252 Biases in internet sexual health samples: Comparison of an internet sexuality survey and a national sexual health survey in Sweden
by Ross, Michael W. & Månsson, Sven-Axel & Daneback, Kristian & Cooper, Al & Tikkanen, Ronny
2005, Volume 60, Issue 12
- 2657-2660 'Burning Issues': an introduction to selected papers from the 10th International Symposium in Medical Geography, Manchester 2003
by Smyth, Fiona & Thomas, Richard
- 2661-2671 Complexity theory and geographies of health: a critical assessment
by Gatrell, Anthony C.
- 2673-2683 The 'geneticisation' of heart disease: a network analysis of the production of new genetic knowledge
by Hall, Edward
- 2685-2695 Replacing positivism in medical geography
by Bennett, David
- 2697-2713 Everyday health histories and the making of place: the case of an English coastal town
by Andrews, Gavin J. & Kearns, Robin A.
- 2715-2727 Defining regions for locality health care planning: a multidimensional approach
by Shortt, Niamh K. & Moore, Adrian & Coombes, Mike & Wymer, Colin
- 2729-2742 Zone design for environment and health studies using pre-aggregated data
by Cockings, Samantha & Martin, David
- 2743-2753 The index of multiple deprivation 2000 access domain: a useful indicator for public health?
by Niggebrugge, Aphrodite & Haynes, Robin & Jones, Andrew & Lovett, Andrew & Harvey, Ian
- 2755-2771 Selective migration, health and deprivation: a longitudinal analysis
by Norman, Paul & Boyle, Paul & Rees, Philip
- 2773-2783 Housing improvement and self-reported mental distress among council estate residents
by Thomas, Richard & Evans, Sherrill & Huxley, Peter & Gately, Claire & Rogers, Anne
- 2785-2797 The impacts of dwelling conditions on older persons' psychological well-being in Hong Kong: the mediating role of residential satisfaction
by Phillips, David R. & Siu, Oi-ling & Yeh, Anthony G.O. & Cheng, Kevin H.C.
- 2799-2818 Who you know, where you live: social capital, neighbourhood and health
by Veenstra, Gerry & Luginaah, Isaac & Wakefield, Sarah & Birch, Stephen & Eyles, John & Elliott, Susan
- 2819-2832 Family, friend or foe? Critical reflections on the relevance and role of social capital in health promotion and community development
by Wakefield, Sarah E.L. & Poland, Blake
- 2833-2843 Is the urban excess in lung cancer in Scotland explained by patterns of smoking?
by Pearce, Jamie & Boyle, Paul
- 2845-2863 Particulate air pollution, social confounders, and mortality in small areas of an industrial city
by Jerrett, Michael & Buzzelli, Michael & Burnett, Richard T. & DeLuca, Patrick F.
- 2865-2875 Geographical inequalities of mortality by income in two developed island countries: a cross-national comparison of Britain and Japan
by Nakaya, Tomoki & Dorling, Danny
- 2877-2890 Urban/rural inequalities in suicide in Scotland, 1981-1999
by Levin, Kate A. & Leyland, Alastair H.
2005, Volume 60, Issue 11
- 2405-2416 Socio-economic position and its relationship to physical capacity among elderly people living in Jyväskylä, Finland: five- and ten-year follow-up studies
by Rautio, Nina & Heikkinen, Eino & Ebrahim, Shah
- 2417-2430 A model of underlying socioeconomic vulnerability in human populations: evidence from variability in population health and implications for public health
by Galea, Sandro & Ahern, Jennifer & Karpati, Adam
- 2431-2441 A European comparative study of marital status and socio-economic inequalities in suicide
by Lorant, V. & Kunst, Anton E. & Huisman, Martijn & Bopp, Matthias & Mackenbach, Johan
- 2443-2451 A comparative study of the patterning of women's health by family status and employment status in Finland and Sweden
by Roos, Eva & Burström, Bo & Saastamoinen, Peppiina & Lahelma, Eero
- 2453-2464 The influence of neighborhood environment on the incidence of childhood asthma: a multilevel approach
by Juhn, Young J. & Sauver, Jennifer St. & Katusic, Slavica & Vargas, Delfino & Weaver, Amy & Yunginger, John
- 2465-2476 Current and lifetime exposure to working conditions. Do they explain educational differences in subjective health?
by Monden, Christiaan W.S.
- 2477-2488 Exploring the generalisability of the association between income inequality and self-assessed health
by Craig, Neil
- 2489-2500 Adoption of hospital case management: economic and institutional influences
by Roggenkamp, Susan D. & White, Kenneth R. & Bazzoli, Gloria J.
- 2501-2504 Influence of waiting time on cost-effectiveness
by Koopmanschap, M.A. & Brouwer, W.B.F. & Hakkaart-van Roijen, L. & van Exel, N.J.A.
- 2505-2514 Contracts in the real world: Case studies from Southern Africa
by Palmer, Natasha & Mills, Anne
- 2515-2525 Aids, race and the limits of science
by Marshall, Wende Elizabeth
- 2527-2536 Racialized bodies, disabling worlds "they [service providers] always saw me as a client, not as a worker"
by Dossa, Parin
- 2537-2548 The impact of own and spouse's urinary incontinence on depressive symptoms
by Fultz, Nancy H. & Rahrig Jenkins, Kristi & Østbye, Truls & Taylor, Donald Jr. & Kabeto, Mohammed U. & Langa, Kenneth M.
- 2549-2559 Gender differences in the relation between social support, problems in parent-offspring communication, and depression and anxiety
by Landman-Peeters, Karlien M.C. & Hartman, Catharina A. & van der Pompe, Gieta & den Boer, Johan A. & Minderaa, Ruud B. & Ormel, Johan
- 2561-2573 Stereotactic radiosurgery: the patient's experience
by Menkes, David B. & Davison, Mary P. & Costello, Shaun A. & Jaye, Chrystal
- 2575-2584 The experiential knowledge of patients: a new resource for biomedical research?
by Caron-Flinterman, J. Francisca & Broerse, Jacqueline E.W. & Bunders, Joske F.G.
- 2585-2595 Assessing patients' preferences for treatments for angina using a modified repertory grid method
by Rowe, Gene & Lambert, Nigel & Bowling, Ann & Ebrahim, Shah & Wakeling, Ian & Thomson, Richard
- 2597-2607 The place of death of cancer patients: can qualitative data add to known factors?
by Thomas, Carol
- 2609-2622 French hormones: progestins and therapeutic variation in France
by Löwy, Ilana & Weisz, George
- 2623-2627 Do panel surveys make people sick? US arthritis trends in the Health and Retirement Study
by Wilson, Sven E. & Howell, Benjamin L.
- 2629-2639 Disease metaphors in new epidemics: the UK media framing of the 2003 SARS epidemic
by Wallis, Patrick & Nerlich, Brigitte
- 2641-2655 Do higher status and more autonomous women have longer birth intervals?: Results from Cebu, Philippines
by Upadhyay, Ushma D. & Hindin, Michelle J.
2005, Volume 60, Issue 10
- 2155-2167 Extended family's and women's roles in safeguarding orphans' education in AIDS-afflicted rural Zimbabwe
by Nyamukapa, Constance & Gregson, Simon
- 2169-2180 Canadian Aboriginal people's experiences with HIV/AIDS as portrayed in selected English language Aboriginal media (1996-2000)
by Clarke, Juanne N. & Friedman, Daniela B. & Hoffman-Goetz, Laurie
- 2181-2190 Commercial sex work, drug use, and sexually transmitted infections in St. Petersburg, Russia
by Aral, Sevgi O. & St. Lawrence, Janet S. & Dyatlov, Roman & Kozlov, Andrei
- 2191-2204 What girls need: recommendations for preventing violence among urban girls in the US
by Molnar, Beth E. & Roberts, Andrea L. & Browne, Angela & Gardener, Hannah & Buka, Stephen L.
- 2205-2216 Community level effects of gender inequality on intimate partner violence and unintended pregnancy in Colombia: testing the feminist perspective
by Pallitto, Christina C. & O'Campo, Patricia
- 2217-2228 Race and ethnic differences in determinants of preterm birth in the USA: broadening the social context
by Reagan, Patricia B. & Salsberry, Pamela J.
- 2229-2238 The effects of racial density and income incongruity on pregnancy outcomes
by Pickett, Kate E. & Collins, James Jr & Masi, Christopher M. & Wilkinson, Richard G.
- 2239-2248 Does chronic illness place constraints on positive constructions of identity? Temporal comparisons and self-evaluations in people with schizophrenia
by Dinos, S. & Lyons, E. & Finlay, W.M.L.
- 2249-2259 Constructions of masculinity following prostatectomy-induced impotence
by Oliffe, John
- 2261-2272 Sickness absence in female- and male-dominated occupations and workplaces
by Mastekaasa, Arne
- 2273-2282 'Choosing' to work when sick: workplace presenteeism
by Dew, Kevin & Keefe, Vera & Small, Keitha
- 2283-2293 'Supply' and 'demand': breastfeeding as labour
by Dykes, Fiona
- 2295-2306 Mothers reframing physical activity: family oriented politicism, transgression and contested expertise in Australia
by Lewis, Belinda & Ridge, Damien
- 2307-2320 Physician-elderly patient-companion communication and roles of companions in Japanese geriatric encounters
by Ishikawa, Hirono & Roter, Debra L. & Yamazaki, Yoshihiko & Takayama, Tomoko
- 2321-2332 Quality of life and coping strategies among lung transplant candidates and their family caregivers
by Myaskovsky, Larissa & Amanda Dew, Mary & Switzer, Galen E. & McNulty, Mary L. & DiMartini, Andrea F. & McCurry, Kenneth R.
- 2333-2340 Participatory action research: considerations for ethical review
by Khanlou, N. & Peter, E.
- 2341-2350 Parents' perceptions of pediatric day surgery risks: unforeseeable complications, or avoidable mistakes?
by Sobo, Elisa J.
- 2351-2358 The impact of advertising on nicotine replacement therapy demand
by Tauras, John A. & Chaloupka, Frank J. & Emery, Sherry
- 2359-2369 Governance in gridlock in the Russian health system; the case of Sverdlovsk oblast
by Sheaff, Rod
- 2371-2382 Credit program outcomes: coping capacity and nutritional status in the food insecure context of Ethiopia
by Doocy, Shannon & Teferra, Shimeles & Norell, Dan & Burnham, Gilbert
- 2383-2391 Beyond intention: do specific plans increase health behaviours in patients in primary care? A study of fruit and vegetable consumption
by Jackson, Cath & Lawton, Rebecca & Knapp, Peter & Raynor, David K. & Conner, Mark & Lowe, Catherine & José Closs, S.
- 2393-2403 A pharmacist model of perceived responsibility for drug therapy outcomes
by Planas, Lourdes G. & Kimberlin, Carole L. & Segal, Richard & Brushwood, David B. & Hepler, Charles D. & Schlenker, Barry R.
2005, Volume 60, Issue 9
- 1905-1918 Does 'welfare-to-work' work? A systematic review of the effectiveness of the UK's welfare-to-work programmes for people with a disability or chronic illness
by Bambra, Clare & Whitehead, Margaret & Hamilton, Val
- 1919-1926 The impact of media coverage of the suicide of a well-known Quebec reporter: the case of Gaëtan Girouard
by Tousignant, Michel & Mishara, Brian L. & Caillaud, Aline & Fortin, Veronique & St-Laurent, Danielle
- 1927-1935 Beyond blame: cultural barriers to medical incident reporting
by Waring, Justin J.
- 1937-1948 How acceptable are innovative health-care technologies? A survey of public beliefs and attitudes in England and Wales
by Calnan, Michael & Montaner, David & Horne, Rob
- 1949-1959 Doing criticism in 'symbiotic niceness': a study of palliative care nurses' talk
by Li, Sarah
- 1961-1974 Physicians' attitudes towards end-of-life decisions: a comparison between seven countries
by Miccinesi, Guido & Fischer, Susanne & Paci, Eugenio & Onwuteaka-Philipsen, Bregje D & Cartwright, Colleen & van der Heide, Agnes & Nilstun, Tore & Norup, Michael & Mortier, Freddy
- 1975-1985 Diversity in clinical guidelines: the role of repertoires of evaluation
by Moreira, Tiago
- 1987-2010 Socioeconomic status and weight change in adults: a review
by Ball, Kylie & Crawford, David
- 2011-2023 Low levels of maternal education and the proximate determinants of childhood mortality: a little learning is not a dangerous thing
by Basu, Alaka Malwade & Stephenson, Rob
- 2025-2034 Prehospital delay and independent/interdependent construal of self among Japanese patients with acute myocardial infarction
by Fukuoka, Yoshimi & Dracup, Kathleen & Rankin, Sally H. & Froelicher, Erika Sivarajan & Kobayashi, Fumio & Hirayama, Haro & Ohno, Miyoshi & Matsumoto, David
- 2035-2044 Breast-feeding, day-care attendance and the frequency of antibiotic treatments from 1.5 to 5 years: a population-based longitudinal study in Canada
by Dubois, Lise & Girard, Manon
- 2045-2057 The impact of socio-economic factors on functional status decline among community-dwelling older adults in China
by Beydoun, May A. & Popkin, Barry M.
- 2059-2071 Location, location, location: contextual and compositional health effects of social capital in British Columbia, Canada
by Veenstra, Gerry
- 2073-2084 A multilevel analysis of ethnic variation in depressive symptoms among adolescents in the United States
by Wight, Richard G. & Aneshensel, Carol S. & Botticello, Amanda L. & Sepúlveda, Joslan E.
- 2085-2095 Framing the fetus in medical work: rituals and practices
by Williams, Clare
- 2097-2110 Translators and mediators: bilingual young people's accounts of their interpreting work in health care
by Green, Judith & Free, Caroline & Bhavnani, Vanita & Newman, Tony
- 2111-2116 Antibiomedicine belief and integrative health seeking in Taiwan
by Lew-Ting, Chih-Yin
- 2117-2128 "Sneaky disease": the body and health knowledge for people at risk for coronary heart disease in Ontario, Canada
by Angus, J. & Evans, S. & Lapum, J. & Rukholm, E. & St. Onge, R. & Nolan, R. & Michel, I.
- 2129-2133 Role of socialization in explaining social inequalities in health
by Singh-Manoux, Archana & Marmot, Michael
- 2135-2147 Guiding the design and selection of interventions to influence the implementation of evidence-based practice: an experimental simulation of a complex intervention trial
by Bonetti, Debbie & Eccles, Martin & Johnston, Marie & Steen, Nick & Grimshaw, Jeremy & Baker, Rachel & Walker, Anne & Pitts, Nigel
- 2149-2154 Health care and illegality: a survey of undocumented pregnant immigrants in Geneva
by Wolff, Hans & Stalder, Hans & Epiney, Manuella & Walder, Angela & Irion, Olivier & Morabia, Alfredo