Social Science & Medicine
November 2007, Volume 65, Issue 10
- 2172-2183 An exploration of walking behaviour--An interpretative phenomenological approach
by Darker, Catherine D. & Larkin, Michael & French, David P.
November 2007, Volume 65, Issue 9
- 1821-1824 Placing health in context
by Dunn, James R. & Cummins, Steven
- 1825-1838 Understanding and representing 'place' in health research: A relational approach
by Cummins, Steven & Curtis, Sarah & Diez-Roux, Ana V. & Macintyre, Sally
- 1839-1852 Health inequalities and place: A theoretical conception of neighbourhood
by Bernard, Paul & Charafeddine, Rana & Frohlich, Katherine L. & Daniel, Mark & Kestens, Yan & Potvin, Louise
- 1853-1866 Understanding social disparities in hypertension prevalence, awareness, treatment, and control: The role of neighborhood context
by Morenoff, Jeffrey D. & House, James S. & Hansen, Ben B. & Williams, David R. & Kaplan, George A. & Hunte, Haslyn E.
- 1867-1881 The importance of social context: Neighborhood stressors, stress-buffering mechanisms, and alcohol, drug, and mental health disorders
by Stockdale, Susan E. & Wells, Kenneth B. & Tang, Lingqi & Belin, Thomas R. & Zhang, Lily & Sherbourne, Cathy D.
- 1882-1897 Pathways to obesity: Identifying local, modifiable determinants of physical activity and diet
by Stafford, Mai & Cummins, Steven & Ellaway, Anne & Sacker, Amanda & Wiggins, Richard D. & Macintyre, Sally
- 1898-1914 Stepping towards causation: Do built environments or neighborhood and travel preferences explain physical activity, driving, and obesity?
by Frank, Lawrence Douglas & Saelens, Brian E. & Powell, Ken E. & Chapman, James E.
- 1915-1927 Health intervention in social context: Understanding social networks and neighbourhood
by Chiu, Lai Fong & West, Robert M.
- 1928-1941 New communities, new relations: The impact of community organization on health outcomes
by Durie, Robin & Wyatt, Katrina
- 1942-1952 An exploratory spatial data analysis approach to understanding the relationship between deprivation and mortality in Scotland
by Sridharan, Sanjeev & Tunstall, Helena & Lawder, Richard & Mitchell, Richard
- 1953-1964 Locality deprivation and Type 2 diabetes incidence: A local test of relative inequalities
by Cox, Matthew & Boyle, Paul J. & Davey, Peter G. & Feng, Zhiqiang & Morris, Andrew D.
- 1965-1978 The problems of relative deprivation: Why some societies do better than others
by Wilkinson, Richard G. & Pickett, Kate E.
October 2007, Volume 65, Issue 8
- 1561-1571 "How could you let yourself get like that?": Stories of the origins of obesity in accounts of weight loss surgery
by Throsby, Karen
- 1572-1583 Environmental, parental, and personal influences on food choice, access, and overweight status among homeless children
by Richards, Rickelle & Smith, Chery
- 1584-1594 Living with low back pain--Stories of hope and despair
by Corbett, Mandy & Foster, Nadine E. & Ong, Bie Nio
- 1595-1605 An analysis over time (1990-2000) of the experiences of living with HIV
by Pierret, Janine
- 1606-1618 Governing the healthy male citizen: Men, masculinity and popular health in Men's Health magazine
by Crawshaw, Paul
- 1619-1629 The passing dilemma in socially invisible diseases: Narratives on chronic headache
by Lonardi, Cristina
- 1630-1641 "Nobody's just normal, you know": The social creation of developmental disability
by Leiter, Valerie
- 1642-1653 Using narrative analysis to understand the combined use of complementary therapies and bio-medically oriented health care
by Hök, Johanna & Wachtler, Caroline & Falkenberg, Torkel & Tishelman, Carol
- 1654-1665 Exploring identity, culture, and suffering with a Kashmiri Sikh refugee
by Aggarwal, Neil Krishan
- 1666-1682 Barriers to the utilization of maternal health care in rural Mali
by Gage, Anastasia J.
- 1683-1694 The impact of perceived stigma and mediating social factors on infertility-related stress among women seeking infertility treatment in Southern Ghana
by Donkor, Ernestina S. & Sandall, Jane
- 1695-1707 Current health and preferences for life-prolonging treatments: An application of prospect theory to end-of-life decision making
by Winter, Laraine & Parker, Barbara
- 1708-1719 Ethical climate, ethics stress, and the job satisfaction of nurses and social workers in the United States
by Ulrich, Connie & O'Donnell, Patricia & Taylor, Carol & Farrar, Adrienne & Danis, Marion & Grady, Christine
- 1720-1729 Implementing Family Health Nursing in Tajikistan: From policy to practice in primary health care reform
by Parfitt, Barbara Ann & Cornish, Flora
- 1730-1741 How much can a large population study on genes, environments, their interactions and common diseases contribute to the health of the American people?
by Chaufan, Claudia
- 1742-1750 'Health's a difficult beast': The interrelationships between domestic violence, women's health and the health sector: An Australian case study
by Fisher, Colleen & Hunt, Lynne & Adamsam, Rhonda & Thurston, Wilfreda E.
- 1751-1764 What influences government adoption of vaccines in developing countries? A policy process analysis
by Munira, Syarifah Liza & Fritzen, Scott A.
- 1765-1772 Maternal education, child immunizations, and public policy: Evidence from the US National Immunization Survey
by Racine, Andrew D. & Joyce, Theodore J.
- 1773-1778 More free syringes, fewer drug injectors in the case of Spain
by Bravo, Maria J. & Royuela, Luis & Barrio, Gregorio & de la Fuente, Luis & Suarez, Mónica & Teresa Brugal, M.
- 1779-1791 Non-residential neighborhood exposures suppress neighborhood effects on self-rated health
by Inagami, Sanae & Cohen, Deborah A. & Finch, Brian K.
- 1792-1806 The association between contextual socioeconomic factors and prevalent asthma in a cohort of Southern California school children
by Shankardass, Ketan & McConnell, Rob S. & Milam, Joel & Berhane, Kiros & Tatalovich, Zaria & Wilson, John P. & Jerrett, Michael
- 1807-1819 Have urban/rural inequalities in suicide in New Zealand grown during the period 1980-2001?
by Pearce, Jamie & Barnett, Ross & Jones, Irfon
October 2007, Volume 65, Issue 7
- 1311-1323 The effects of television advertisements for junk food versus nutritious food on children's food attitudes and preferences
by Dixon, Helen G. & Scully, Maree L. & Wakefield, Melanie A. & White, Victoria M. & Crawford, David A.
- 1324-1336 Television and the behaviour of adolescents: Does socio-economic status moderate the link?
by Chowhan, James & Stewart, Jennifer M.
- 1337-1350 Nxwisen, ntzarrin or ntzo'lin? Mapping children's respiratory symptoms among indigenous populations in Guatemala
by Thompson, Lisa & Diaz, Janet & Jenny, Alisa & Diaz, Anaite & Bruce, Nigel & Balmes, John
- 1351-1363 Caretaking as articulation work: The effects of taking up responsibility for a child with asthma on labor force participation
by Timmermans, Stefan & Freidin, Betina
- 1364-1371 A new approach to understanding pediatric farm injuries
by Morrongiello, Barbara A. & Marlenga, Barbara & Berg, Richard & Linneman, James & Pickett, William
- 1372-1385 Socioeconomic differences in health among older adults in Mexico
by Smith, Kimberly V. & Goldman, Noreen
- 1386-1396 The relation of chronic cardiovascular diseases and diabetes mellitus to perceived health, and the moderating effects of sex and age
by Ho, Sai Yin & Mak, Kwok Kei & Thomas, G. Neil & Schooling, Mary & Fielding, Richard & Janus, Edward D. & Lam, Tai Hing
- 1397-1409 Intergenerational interaction, social capital and health: Results from a randomised controlled trial in Brazil
by de Souza, Elza Maria & Grundy, Emily
- 1410-1419 The association between cognitive ability measured at ages 18-20 and coronary heart disease in middle age among men: A prospective study using the Swedish 1969 conscription cohort
by Hemmingsson, Tomas & Essen, Jan v. & Melin, Bo & Allebeck, Peter & Lundberg, Ingvar
- 1420-1429 Predictors and course of vocational status, income, and quality of life in people with severe mental illness: A naturalistic study
by Nordt, Carlos & Müller, Brigitte & Rössler, Wulf & Lauber, Christoph
- 1430-1441 Making a bad thing worse: Effects of communication of results of an epidemiological study after an aviation disaster
by Verschuur, M. & Spinhoven, P. & Emmerik, A. van & Rosendaal, F.
- 1442-1457 Assessing oral literacy demand in genetic counseling dialogue: Preliminary test of a conceptual framework
by Roter, Debra L. & Erby, Lori H. & Larson, Susan & Ellington, Lee
- 1458-1465 Minding the shop: The case of obstetrics conferences
by Gans, Joshua S. & Leigh, Andrew & Varganova, Elena
- 1466-1478 What length of hospice use maximizes reduction in medical expenditures near death in the US Medicare program?
by Taylor Jr, Donald H. & Ostermann, Jan & Van Houtven, Courtney H. & Tulsky, James A. & Steinhauser, Karen
- 1479-1489 Optimism, pessimism and the compensating income variation of cardiovascular disease: A two-tiered quality of life stochastic frontier model
by Groot, Wim & van den Brink, Henriette Maassen
- 1490-1500 Banking on it: Public policy and the ethics of stem cell research and development
by Giacomini, Mita & Baylis, Francoise & Robert, Jason
- 1501-1511 "Wailing Lore" in a Yemenite-Israeli community: Bereavement, expertise, and therapy
by Gamliel, Tova
- 1512-1523 Kathy Pan, sticks and pummelling: Techniques used to induce abortion by Burmese women on the Thai border
by Belton, Suzanne & Whittaker, Andrea
- 1524-1535 Beyond acculturation: Immigration, discrimination, and health research among Mexicans in the United States
by Viruell-Fuentes, Edna A.
- 1536-1548 Designing a better place for patients: Professional struggles surrounding satellite and mobile dialysis units
by Lehoux, Pascale & Daudelin, Geneviève & Poland, Blake & Andrews, Gavin J. & Holmes, Dave
- 1549-1559 Complex syndromes, ambivalent diagnosis, and existential uncertainty: The case of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
by Stockl, Andrea
September 2007, Volume 65, Issue 6
- 1071-1077 Do panel surveys really make people sick? A commentary on Wilson and Howell (60:11, 2005, 2623-2627)
by Weir, David R. & Smith, James P.
- 1078-1081 Disease prevalence and survey design effects: A response to Weir and Smith
by Wilson, Sven & Howell, Benjamin L.
- 1082-1093 A place for genetic uncertainty: Parents valuing an unknown in the meaning of disease
by Whitmarsh, Ian & Davis, Arlene M. & Skinner, Debra & Bailey, Donald Jr.
- 1094-1105 Facilitating choice, framing choice: Staff views on widening the scope of preimplantation genetic diagnosis in the UK
by Williams, Clare & Ehrich, Kathryn & Farsides, Bobbie & Scott, Rosamund
- 1106-1117 Determinants of parental reports of children's illnesses: Empirical evidence from Nepal
by Pokhrel, Subhash
- 1118-1123 Guardianship of people with mental disorders
by Melamed, Yuval & Doron, Israel & Shnitt, Dan
- 1124-1135 Patient-led partner notification for syphilis: Strategies used by women accessing antenatal care in urban Bolivia
by Klisch, Shannon A. & Mamary, Edward & Diaz Olavarrieta, Claudia & Garcia, Sandra G.
- 1136-1141 Problematic Internet experiences: Primary or secondary presenting problems in persons seeking mental health care?
by Mitchell, Kimberly J. & Wells, Melissa
- 1142-1153 Managing the work-life roller-coaster: Private stress or public health issue?
by Bryson, Lois & Warner-Smith, Penny & Brown, Peter & Fray, Leanne
- 1154-1165 Places and health: A qualitative study to explore how older women living alone perceive the social and physical dimensions of their neighbourhoods
by Walker, Ruth B. & Hiller, Janet E.
- 1166-1179 Gender differences in trajectories of depressive symptomatology and substance use during the transition from adolescence to young adulthood
by Needham, Belinda L.
- 1180-1191 Young people's mental health in context: Comparing life in the city and small communities in Siberia
by Glendinning, Anthony & West, Patrick
- 1192-1201 Caesarean birth: Consumption, safety, order, and good mothering
by Bryant, Joanne & Porter, Maree & Tracy, Sally K. & Sullivan, Elizabeth A.
- 1202-1213 Early childhood origins of the income/health gradient: The role of maternal health behaviors
by Dowd, Jennifer Beam
- 1214-1221 Associations between childhood maltreatment and sex work in a cohort of drug-using youth
by Stoltz, Jo-Anne Madeleine & Shannon, Kate & Kerr, Thomas & Zhang, Ruth & Montaner, Julio S. & Wood, Evan
- 1222-1234 Does violence affect one gender more than the other? The mental health impact of violence among male and female university students
by Romito, Patrizia & Grassi, Michele
- 1235-1248 Transactional sex with casual and main partners among young South African men in the rural Eastern Cape: Prevalence, predictors, and associations with gender-based violence
by Dunkle, Kristin L. & Jewkes, Rachel & Nduna, Mzikazi & Jama, Nwabisa & Levin, Jonathan & Sikweyiya, Yandisa & Koss, Mary P.
- 1249-1259 Revealing the full extent of households' experiences of HIV and AIDS in rural South Africa
by Hosegood, Victoria & Preston-Whyte, Eleanor & Busza, Joanna & Moitse, Sindile & Timaeus, Ian M.
- 1260-1273 How healers manage the pluralistic healing context: The perspective of indigenous, religious and allopathic healers in relation to psychosis in Uganda
by Teuton, Joanna & Dowrick, Christopher & Bentall, Richard P.
- 1274-1283 The social consequences of living with and dealing with incontinence--A carers perspective
by Brittain, Katherine R. & Shaw, Chris
- 1284-1295 SARS and New York's Chinatown: The politics of risk and blame during an epidemic of fear
by Eichelberger, Laura
- 1296-1309 Creating knowledge about adverse drug reactions: A critical analysis of the Danish reporting system from 1968 to 2005
by Aagaard, Lise & Soendergaard, Birthe & Andersen, Elin & Kampmann, Jens Peter & Hansen, Ebba Holme
September 2007, Volume 65, Issue 5
- 855-867 Variation in deliberate self-harm around Christmas and New Year
by Bergen, Helen & Hawton, Keith
- 868-879 Rethinking social recovery in schizophrenia: What a capabilities approach might offer
by Hopper, Kim
- 880-889 How do patients expect the mental health service system to act? Testing the WHO responsiveness concept for its appropriateness in mental health care
by Bramesfeld, Anke & Klippel, Ulrike & Seidel, Gabriele & Schwartz, Friedrich W. & Dierks, Marie-Luise
- 890-899 Patient perspectives on information and choice in cancer screening: A qualitative study in the UK
by Jepson, Ruth Gillian & Hewison, Jenny & Thompson, Andrew & Weller, David
- 900-914 Social networks, normative influence and health delivery in rural Bangladesh
by Gayen, Kaberi & Raeside, Robert
- 915-923 Is the medical brain drain beneficial? Evidence from overseas doctors in the UK
by Kangasniemi, Mari & Winters, L. Alan & Commander, Simon
- 924-933 Organisational determinants of the use of physical restraints: A multilevel approach
by Huizing, Anna R. & Hamers, Jan P.H. & de Jonge, Jan & Candel, Math & Berger, Martijn P.F.
- 934-945 Re-thinking the relationship between long-term condition self-management education and the utilisation of health services
by Gately, Claire & Rogers, Anne & Sanders, Caroline
- 946-957 WTP and WTA: Do people think differently?
by Whynes, David K. & Sach, Tracey H.
- 958-975 The role of social support and integration for understanding socioeconomic disparities in self-rated health and hypertension
by Gorman, Bridget K. & Sivaganesan, Ahilan
- 976-989 Immigrant generation, socioeconomic status, and economic development of countries of origin: A longitudinal study of body mass index among children
by Van Hook, Jennifer & Stamper Balistreri, Kelly
- 990-1003 Why do Hispanics in the USA report poor health?
by Bzostek, Sharon & Goldman, Noreen & Pebley, Anne
- 1004-1011 The contribution of migration to changes in the distribution of health over time: Five-year follow-up study in Northern Ireland
by Connolly, Sheelah & O'Reilly, Dermot
- 1012-1024 Anticipation of migration and psychological stress and the Three Gorges Dam project, China
by Hwang, Sean-Shong & Xi, Juan & Cao, Yue & Feng, Xiaotian & Qiao, Xiaofei
- 1025-1037 Family communication regarding inherited high cholesterol: Why and how do patients disclose genetic risk?
by van den Nieuwenhoff, Hélène W.P. & Mesters, Ilse & Gielen, Caroline & de Vries, Nanne K.
- 1038-1048 Fears and beliefs of patients regarding cardiac catheterization
by Caldwell, Patricia Helen & Arthur, Heather M. & Natarajan, Madhu & Anand, Sonia S.
- 1049-1058 Can theory-based messages in combination with cognitive prompts promote exercise in classroom settings?
by Hill, Chloe & Abraham, Charles & Wright, Daniel B.
- 1059-1070 Children's health and the social theory of risk: Insights from the British measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) controversy
by Casiday, Rachel Elizabeth
August 2007, Volume 65, Issue 4
- 641-652 'You think that I'm smoking and they're not': Why mothers still smoke in the home
by Robinson, Jude & Kirkcaldy, Andrew J.
- 653-666 The effect of single motherhood on smoking by socioeconomic status and race/ethnicity
by Jun, Hee-Jin & Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores
- 667-679 Time away from "smelling the roses": Where do mothers raising children with disabilities find the time to work?
by Brandon, Peter
- 680-684 Fetal gender and postpartum depression in a cohort of Chinese women
by Xie, Ri-hua & He, Guoping & Liu, Aizhong & Bradwejn, Jacques & Walker, Mark & Wen, Shi Wu
- 685-697 A life-span perspective on women's careers, health, and well-being
by Johansson, Gunn & Huang, Qinghai & Lindfors, Petra
- 698-711 Antipsychotic medication, sedation and mental clouding: An observational study of psychiatric consultations
by Seale, Clive & Chaplin, Robert & Lelliott, Paul & Quirk, Alan
- 712-724 Differential diagnosis of seizure disorders: A conversation analytic approach
by Schwabe, Meike & Howell, Stephen J. & Reuber, Markus
- 725-737 Doctors being up there and we being down here: A metaphorical analysis of talk about student/doctor-patient relationships
by Rees, Charlotte E. & Knight, Lynn V. & Wilkinson, Clare E.
- 738-754 Looking for a better future: Identity construction in socio-economically deprived 16-year olds considering a career in medicine
by Robb, Nadia & Dunkley, Lisa & Boynton, Petra & Greenhalgh, Trisha
- 755-770 Positive prevention: Contemporary issues facing HIV positive people negotiating sex in the UK
by Ridge, Damien & Ziebland, Sue & Anderson, Jane & Williams, Ian & Elford, Jonathan
- 771-781 'Am I normal?' Teenagers, sexual health and the internet
by Harvey, Kevin James & Brown, Brian & Crawford, Paul & Macfarlane, Aidan & McPherson, Ann
- 782-791 Methodological and ethical issues in Internet-mediated research in the field of health: An integrated review of the literature
by Whitehead, Lisa Claire
- 792-802 Written work: The social functions of Research Ethics Committee letters
by Dixon-Woods, Mary & Angell, Emma & Ashcroft, Richard E. & Bryman, Alan
- 803-808 Changes in medical end-of-life practices during the legalization process of euthanasia in Belgium
by Bilsen, Johan & Vander Stichele, Robert & Broeckaert, Bert & Mortier, Freddy & Deliens, Luc
- 809-821 Individual and neighborhood socioeconomic status and progressive chronic kidney disease in an elderly population: The Cardiovascular Health Study
by Merkin, Sharon Stein & Diez Roux, Ana V. & Coresh, Josef & Fried, Linda F. & Jackson, Sharon A. & Powe, Neil R.
- 822-832 Urban-rural difference in stroke mortality from a 19-year cohort study of the Japanese general population: NIPPON DATA80
by Nishi, Nobuo & Sugiyama, Hiromi & Kasagi, Fumiyoshi & Kodama, Kazunori & Hayakawa, Takehito & Ueda, Kazuo & Okayama, Akira & Ueshima, Hirotsugu
- 833-841 Do not go breaking your heart: Do economic upturns really increase heart attack mortality?
by Svensson, Mikael
- 842-854 The role of social capital in reducing non-specific psychological distress: The importance of controlling for omitted variable bias
by Scheffler, Richard M. & Brown, Timothy T. & Rice, Jennifer K.
August 2007, Volume 65, Issue 3
- 405-417 News of disparity: Content analysis of news coverage of African American healthcare inequalities in the USA, 1994-2004
by Taylor-Clark, Kalahn Alexandra & Mebane, Felicia E. & SteelFisher, Gillian K. & Blendon, Robert J.
- 418-430 Media constructions of sleep and sleep disorders: A study of UK national newspapers
by Seale, Clive & Boden, Sharon & Williams, Simon & Lowe, Pam & Steinberg, Deborah
- 431-441 Might the decrease in the suicide rates in France be due to regional prevention programmes?
by Bellanger, Martine Marie & Jourdain, Alain & Batt-Moillo, Agnes
- 442-453 Further increases in rural suicide in young Australian adults: Secular trends, 1979-2003
by Page, Andrew & Morrell, Stephen & Taylor, Richard & Dudley, Michael & Carter, Greg
- 454-466 The association of current and sustained area-based adverse socioeconomic environment with physical inactivity
by Pascual, Cruz & Regidor, Enrique & Astasio, Paloma & Ortega, Paloma & Navarro, Pedro & Domínguez, Vicente
- 467-480 Mental health and poverty in developing countries: Revisiting the relationship
by Das, Jishnu & Do, Quy-Toan & Friedman, Jed & McKenzie, David & Scott, Kinnon
- 481-492 Measuring access to social capital: The validity and reliability of the Resource Generator-UK and its association with common mental disorder
by Webber, Martin P. & Huxley, Peter J.
- 493-504 How might we understand men's health better? Integrating explanations from critical studies on men and inequalities in health
by Lohan, Maria
- 505-517 Men on the margin: A Bourdieusian examination of living into adulthood with muscular dystrophy
by Gibson, Barbara E. & Young, Nancy L. & Upshur, Ross E.G. & McKeever, Patricia
- 518-523 The will-to-live and survival at old age: Gender differences
by Carmel, Sara & Baron-Epel, Orna & Shemy, Galia
- 524-535 Biographical disruption associated with multiple sclerosis: Using propensity scoring to assess the impact
by Green, Gill & Todd, Jennifer & Pevalin, David
- 536-547 The survival of psychiatric diagnosis
by Pilgrim, David
- 548-559 Challenges to sanctuary: The clergy as a resource for mental health care in the community
by Leavey, Gerard & Loewenthal, Kate & King, Michael
- 560-571 Caring and daring to complain: An examination of UK national phobics society members' perception of primary care
by Davidson, Joyce
- 572-585 Risk, shame and the public injector: A qualitative study of drug injecting in South Wales
by Rhodes, Tim & Watts, Louise & Davies, Sarah & Martin, Anthea & Smith, Josie & Clark, David & Craine, Noel & Lyons, Marion
- 586-598 Physicians' communication and perceptions of patients: Is it how they look, how they talk, or is it just the doctor?
by Street Jr., Richard L. & Gordon, Howard & Haidet, Paul
- 599-609 Nurse prescribing: Reflections on safety in practice
by Bradley, Eleanor & Hynam, Brian & Nolan, Peter
- 610-621 Piercing the veil: The marginalization of midwives in the United States
by Goodman, Steffie
- 622-634 Multidisciplinary teamwork in US primary health care
by Solheim, Karen & McElmurry, Beverly J. & Kim, Mi Ja
- 635-639 Cultures in hospitals and their influence on attitudes to, and satisfaction with, the use of clinical information systems
by Callen, Joanne L. & Braithwaite, Jeffrey & Westbrook, Johanna I.
July 2007, Volume 65, Issue 2
- 173-186 Psychosocial resources and depression among chronically ill young adults: Are males more vulnerable?
by Kiviruusu, Olli & Huurre, Taina & Aro, Hillevi
- 187-199 The effect of pre-employment factors on job control, job strain and psychological distress: A 31-year longitudinal study
by Elovainio, Marko & Kivimäki, Mika & Ek, Ellen & Vahtera, Jussi & Honkonen, Teija & Taanila, Anja & Veijola, Juha & Järvelin, Marjo-Riitta
- 200-213 Profiles of depressive symptoms among African Americans and Caribbean Blacks
by Lincoln, Karen D. & Chatters, Linda M. & Taylor, Robert Joseph & Jackson, James S.
- 214-230 Understanding differences in past year psychiatric disorders for Latinos living in the US
by Alegria, Margarita & Shrout, Patrick E. & Woo, Meghan & Guarnaccia, Peter & Sribney, William & Vila, Doryliz & Polo, Antonio & Cao, Zhun & Mulvaney-Day, Norah & Torres, Maria & Canino, Glorisa
- 231-244 Explanations of depression among Irish migrants in Britain
by Leavey, Gerard & Rozmovits, Linda & Ryan, Louise & King, Michael
- 245-261 Meta-analysis of stigma and mental health
by Mak, Winnie W.S. & Poon, Cecilia Y.M. & Pun, Loraine Y.K. & Cheung, Shu Fai
- 262-273 A social comparison theory analysis of group composition and efficacy of cancer support group programs
by Carmack Taylor, Cindy L. & Kulik, James & Badr, Hoda & Smith, Murray & Basen-Engquist, Karen & Penedo, Frank & Gritz, Ellen R.
- 274-283 "Life is still going on": Reproductive intentions among HIV-positive women and men in South Africa
by Cooper, Diane & Harries, Jane & Myer, Landon & Orner, Phyllis & Bracken, Hillary
- 284-295 "If you get AIDS... You have to endure it alone": Understanding the social constructions of HIV/AIDS in China
by Zhou, Yanqiu Rachel
- 296-308 Targeted ethnography as a critical step to inform cultural adaptations of HIV prevention interventions for adults with severe mental illness
by Wainberg, Milton L. & Alfredo González, M. & McKinnon, Karen & Elkington, Katherine S. & Pinto, Diana & Gruber Mann, Claudio & Mattos, Paulo E.
- 309-318 Khat use and mental illness: A critical review
by Warfa, Nasir & Klein, Axel & Bhui, Kamaldeep & Leavey, Gerard & Craig, Tom & Alfred Stansfeld, Stephen
- 319-330 An ethnography of clinic "noise" in a community-based, promotora-centered mental health intervention
by Getrich, Christina & Heying, Shirley & Willging, Cathleen & Waitzkin, Howard
- 331-343 Rethinking nurses' observations: Psychiatric nursing skills and invisibility in an acute inpatient setting
by Hamilton, Bridget Elizabeth & Manias, Elizabeth
- 344-354 Anticipating ethical aspects of the use of biomarkers in the workplace: A tool for stakeholders
by Caux, Chantal & Roy, David J. & Guilbert, Louise & Viau, Claude
- 355-366 Regulating health care in low- and middle-income countries: Broadening the policy response in resource constrained environments
by Ensor, Tim & Weinzierl, Sabine
- 367-376 Patient cost sharing and social inequalities in access to health care in three western European countries
by Lostao, Lourdes & Regidor, Enrique & Geyer, Siegfried & Aïach, Pierre
- 377-392 Towards an understanding of British public attitudes concerning human cloning
by Shepherd, Richard & Barnett, Julie & Cooper, Helen & Coyle, Adrian & Moran-Ellis, Jo & Senior, Victoria & Walton, Chris
- 393-404 Secrets and lies: Breastfeeding and professional paid work
by Gatrell, Caroline Jane
July 2007, Volume 65, Issue 1
- 1-6 Introduction to special issue: Eleventh International Medical Geography Symposium
by Earickson, Robert J.
- 7-19 Temporal changes in the spatial pattern of disease rates incorporating known risk factors
by Banerjee, Aniruddha
- 20-31 Fat nation: Deciphering the distinctive geographies of obesity in England
by Moon, Graham & Quarendon, Gemma & Barnard, Steve & Twigg, Liz & Blyth, Bill
- 32-42 Does health-selective migration following diagnosis strengthen the relationship between Type 2 diabetes and deprivation?
by Cox, Matthew & Boyle, Paul J. & Davey, Peter & Morris, Andrew
- 43-59 Spatial implications of covariate adjustment on patterns of risk: Respiratory hospital admissions in Christchurch, New Zealand
by Sabel, Clive Eric & Wilson, Jeff Gaines & Kingham, Simon & Tisch, Catherine & Epton, Mike
- 60-79 Chagas disease in Texas: Recognizing the significance and implications of evidence in the literature
by Hanford, Elaine Jennifer & Zhan, F. Benjamin & Lu, Yongmei & Giordano, Alberto
- 80-94 Constructing a Swiss health space model of self-perceived health
by Lengen, Charis & Blasius, Jörg
- 95-111 Perception of place and health: Differences between neighbourhoods in the Québec City region
by Pampalon, Robert & Hamel, Denis & De Koninck, Maria & Disant, Marie-Jeanne
- 112-124 The 'world of yoga': The production and reproduction of therapeutic landscapes
by Hoyez, Anne-Cécile
- 125-137 Creating a place for population health: Interpreting the spaces of a new School in Auckland, New Zealand
by Kearns, Robin A.
- 138-150 Sociocultural barriers to cervical screening in South Auckland, New Zealand
by Lovell, Sarah & Kearns, Robin A. & Friesen, Wardlow
- 151-168 Geographical Gerontology: The constitution of a discipline
by Andrews, Gavin J. & Cutchin, Malcolm & McCracken, Kevin & Phillips, David R. & Wiles, Janine
- 169-171 Report from the Eleventh International Symposium in Medical Geography: A comment from the senior editor
by Curtis, Sarah
June 2007, Volume 64, Issue 12
- 2379-2390 Girl, woman, lover, mother: Towards a new understanding of child prostitution among young Devadasis in rural Karnataka, India
by Orchard, Treena Rae
- 2391-2404 Why are early maturing girls less active? Links between pubertal development, psychological well-being, and physical activity among girls at ages 11 and 13
by Davison, Kirsten Krahnstoever & Werder, Jessica L. & Trost, Stewart G. & Baker, Birgitta L. & Birch, Leann L.
- 2405-2416 "I wanted to do a good job": Experiences of 'becoming a mother' and breastfeeding in mothers of very preterm infants after discharge from a neonatal unit
by Flacking, Renée & Ewald, Uwe & Starrin, Bengt
- 2417-2426 Maternal and child health problems: The inter-generational consequences of early maternal aggression and withdrawal
by De Genna, Natacha Marie & Stack, Dale M. & Serbin, Lisa A. & Ledingham, Jane & Schwartzman, Alex E.
- 2427-2442 Behavioral indicators of household decision-making and demand for sanitation and potential gains from social marketing in Ghana
by Jenkins, Marion W. & Scott, Beth
- 2443-2453 The quality of life, mental health, and perceived stigma of leprosy patients in Bangladesh
by Tsutsumi, Atsuro & Izutsu, Takashi & Md Islam, Akramul & Maksuda, A.N. & Kato, Hiroshi & Wakai, Susumu
- 2454-2463 Political economy, labor migration, and the AIDS epidemic in rural Malawi
by Mtika, Mike Mathambo
- 2464-2475 Chaos, co-existence, and the potential for collective action: HIV-related vulnerability in Brazil's international borders
by Lippman, Sheri A & Kerrigan, Deanna & Chinaglia, Magda & Díaz, Juan
- 2476-2486 Emerging health disparities in Botswana: Examining the situation of orphans during the AIDS epidemic
by Miller, Candace Marie & Gruskin, Sofia & Subramanian, S.V. & Heymann, Jody
- 2487-2498 Genetics, insurance and participation: How a Citizens' Jury reached its verdict
by Bennett, Paul & Smith, Susan J.
- 2499-2503 Do NHS clinicians and members of the public share the same views about reducing inequalities in health?
by Tsuchiya, Aki & Dolan, Paul
- 2504-2519 Who kicks the habit and how they do it: Socioeconomic differences across methods of quitting smoking in the USA
by Lillard, Dean R. & Plassmann, Vandana & Kenkel, Donald & Mathios, Alan
- 2520-2532 Perceived job stress and sleep-related breathing disturbance in Japanese male workers
by Nakata, Akinori & Takahashi, Masaya & Ikeda, Tomoko & Haratani, Takashi & Hojou, Minoru & Araki, Shunichi
- 2533-2549 How do objective and subjective assessments of neighbourhood influence social and physical functioning in older age? Findings from a British survey of ageing
by Bowling, Ann & Stafford, Mai
- 2550-2564 Oncologists' and specialist cancer nurses' approaches to complementary and alternative medicine and their impact on patient action
by Tovey, P. & Broom, Alex
- 2565-2577 On physician well being--You'll get by with a little help from your friends
by Wallace, Jean Elizabeth & Lemaire, Jane
- 2578-2593 Buprenorphine substitution treatment in France: Drug users' views of the doctor-user relationship
by Guichard, Anne & Lert, France & Brodeur, Jean-Marc & Richard, Lucie
- 2594-2600 Correlates of family, school, and peer variables with adolescent substance use in Taiwan
by Wu, Grace Hui-Min & Chong, Mian-Yoon & Cheng, Andrew T.A. & Chen, Tony Hsiu-Hsi
June 2007, Volume 64, Issue 11
- 2177-2188 Understanding the sociocultural roots of childhood obesity: Food practices among Latino families of Bushwick, Brooklyn
by Kaufman, Leslie & Karpati, Adam
- 2189-2200 African-American men's perceptions about prostate cancer: Implications for designing educational interventions
by Allen, Jennifer D. & Kennedy, Mark & Wilson-Glover, Athene & Gilligan, Timothy D.
- 2201-2209 Masculinity and perceived normative health behaviors as predictors of men's health behaviors
by Mahalik, James R. & Burns, Shaun M. & Syzdek, Matthew
- 2210-2222 Scaling-up a public health innovation: A comparative study of post-abortion care in Bolivia and Mexico
by Billings, Deborah L. & Crane, Barbara B. & Benson, Janie & Solo, Julie & Fetters, Tamara
- 2223-2235 "Diabetes is my companion": Lifestyle and self-management among good and poor control Mexican diabetic patients
by de Alba Garcia, Javier Garcia & Rocha, Ana L. Salcedo & Lopez, Ivette & Baer, Roberta D. & Dressler, William & Weller, Susan C.
- 2236-2247 The value of "life at any cost": Talk about stopping kidney dialysis
by Russ, Ann J. & Shim, Janet K. & Kaufman, Sharon R.
- 2248-2259 Fetal conditions and fatal decisions: Ethical dilemmas in ultrasound screening in Vietnam
by Gammeltoft, Tine & Nguyen, Hanh Thi Thuy
- 2260-2271 Discourses of normality and difference: Responses to diagnosis and treatment of gynaecological cancer of Australian women
by Wray, Natalie & Markovic, Milica & Manderson, Lenore
- 2272-2284 Psychosocial sequelae of cesarean delivery: Review and analysis of their causes and implications
by Lobel, Marci & DeLuca, Robyn Stein
- 2285-2296 Childhood cognitive ability and adult mental health in the British 1946 birth cohort
by Hatch, Stephani L. & Jones, Peter B. & Kuh, Diana & Hardy, Rebecca & Wadsworth, Michael E.J. & Richards, Marcus
- 2297-2310 Health concordance within couples: A systematic review
by Meyler, Deanna & Stimpson, Jim P. & Peek, M. Kristen
- 2311-2323 Engagement in a cohesive group and higher-level functional capacity in older adults in Japan: A case of the Mujin
by Kondo, Naoki & Minai, Junko & Imai, Hisashi & Yamagata, Zentaro
- 2324-2341 Social capital and rates of gonorrhea and syphilis in the United States: Spatial regression analyses of state-level associations
by Semaan, Salaam & Sternberg, Maya & Zaidi, Akbar & Aral, Sevgi O.
- 2342-2354 Does "community social capital" contribute to population health?
by Folland, Sherman
- 2355-2361 When time is more than money: The allocation of time between work and leisure in HIV-infected patients
by Sendi, Pedram & Brouwer, Werner B.F. & Bucher, Heiner C. & Weber, Rainer & Battegay, Manuel
- 2362-2377 Distancing the mad: Jarvis's Law and the spatial distribution of admissions to the Hamilton Lunatic Asylum in Canada, 1876-1902
by Smith, Christopher A. & Wright, David & Day, Shawn